Ask Kniraven (pro pwi consultant)

Kniraven - Lost City
Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
Because I can't find anything worth reading at the moment, I'm continually bored at work, and because it's painfully clear this community lacks patience, research skills, and any knowledge of scientific process (save a few), I've decided to start this thread here in the beginners guide section.

Here is how it works:
You can ask me absolutely anything so long as it is remotely related to PWI. I will do the research for you and help solve your question or issue.

If I can't figure it out or the answer is outside my knowledge i will apologize and say so.

Ideally this will be somewhat fun and reduce repeat threads.

Credentials:
Playing Perfect World 6 years.
I played My-En before PWI existed.

Regular forum active throughout 5 years.

Fac Leader for 5 years (since Nov'08 I've lead Knights and we currently hold land)

Play every class except archer & wiz past 100.

Very active PvPer

Have completed every single unbroken quest in game.

Disclaimers:
I'm often sarcastic.

I will be using my cell phone to answer and i hold it accountable for auto-correct and grammar errors.

I will often answer between 00:00 and 08:00 pst but will regularly check throughout the day.

Bring on the trolls
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kniraven - Lost City on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If I get all of the titles currently available, what will be the cumulative bonus? And approx how much time does it take to get all of them? Thanks :D
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    @ Adroit,
    I'll look up the cumulative bonus when i get off work.
    The longest title I'm aware of off the top of my head takes 5 days to complete.
    Currently however many titles are unattainable due to missing NPCs/mobs/items.

I'll try to figure out what the amounts and time would be when i get to my pc.

P.S. You're a lazy *** and a brat D:<
    Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @ Adroit,
    I'll look up the cumulative bonus when i get off work.
    Currently however many titles are unattainable due to missing NPCs/mobs/items.

I'll try to figure out what the amounts and time would be when i get to my pc.

P.S. You're a lazy *** and a brat D:<
    Lol

It is so nice of you to offer to do the grunt work for all of us lazy people <3 b:cute
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What's your favourite quest/chain-quest?

I saw you wrote you've done all the quests. I've done most of them but still missing some. I'm just curious. I think my favourite ones are the Goshiki chain-quest and the new-fox-form one for the story.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    @Desdi,
    I haven't done the new veno quests, so i suppose that would be an accurate critique of my statement. I also can't say I've read the story for all of them. I eventually found reading them tedious but some do stick out in my mind.

Goshiki quest as you said has a much superior storyline to many of the others in this game.

I also enjoy the stories told by the Nirvana bosses. Some are quite sad.

There's also the winged tiger quest which touches on interracial marriage and prejudice.

One i always stop to read and remember though is the widow at city of misfortune who has you search for her lost husband. You find he's been eaten by sharks and she demands you slaughter a ton of them in vengeance.

@ Adroit,
    Update: may have found your answers, and I'm sure you've seen what I'm referring to already.
    I need to translate from mandarin though.
    Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Nice thread!
    The longest title I am aware of needs 20 days (Mulberry's Heart), it already exists. :P There are also other titles that require 15 of a specific item, probably of upcoming daily quests.

My questions are kinda hard to answer I guess, but here they come...
    - What is the increase of HP gained by Ultraviolet Dance for each level?

- What's the percentage/requirement of recieving the Blighter's Punishment quest by Deity's Messenger? (I've got that one yesterday and I was so amazed by the sheer amount of rewards you get)
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    @ Fryvorg
    I'll look into this in a couple hours.
    I'm surprised at the legitimately good questions I'm getting so far.
    :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    @Desdi,
    I haven't done the new veno quests, so i suppose that would be an accurate critique of my statement. I also can't say I've read the story for all of them. I eventually found reading them tedious but some do stick out in my mind.

Goshiki quest as you said has a much superior storyline to many of the others in this game.

I also enjoy the stories told by the Nirvana bosses. Some are quite sad.

There's also the winged tiger quest which touches on interracial marriage and prejudice.

One i always stop to read and remember though is the widow at city of misfortune who has you search for her lost husband. You find he's been eaten by sharks and she demands you slaughter a ton of them in vengeance.

I see!
    I haven't read all the quests either to be fair but whenever I saw an interesting or unusual quest name I'd usually pay attention to it.

Gotta agree with the Nirvana bosses, I completely forgot about them. They do have a sad story b:sad
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    @ Adroit,
    sadly the best I can do is quote Clergywoman - Raging Tide and direct you to her post:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19916631&postcount=130

The links will direct you to wanmei and have many titles as well as their stat additions which our playerbase has not yet added to their guide or found.
    You can open the links in google chrome and they will be translated for you.

It is easy to add up the total stat boosts they have listed throughout the pages however the translation is not good enough for me to give you an accurate description of how long they will take or for me to figure out if they have every title listed yet.

ie: I have failed you. I'm sorry :c

Now looking into Fryvorg's question.
    I'm making a chart... as it progresses I'll post it.

102 Clerics w/ UVD gain exactly 350 hp.
    I went to several 102 clerics and had them use UVD. They were all of different soulforce and starting hp. The number is applied before gear bonuses such as +5% from cube beck and before buffs like barb buff so those stack with it.

Now I just need to find some more clerics of other levels, make sure they have no +% hp gears on or barb buffs and have them try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013

Now looking into Fryvorg's question.
    I'm making a chart... as it progresses I'll post it.

102 Clerics w/ UVD gain exactly 350 hp.
    I went to several 102 clerics and had them use UVD. They were all of different soulforce and starting hp. The number is applied before gear bonuses such as +5% from cube beck and before buffs like barb buff so those stack with it.

Now I just need to find some more clerics of other levels, make sure they have no +% hp gears on or barb buffs and have them try.

Thanks, I was assuming that it must be a fixed value, as the numbers always looked too good when switching. However, I forgot the 5% bonus by gear would be calculated extra, that was kind of the found lost piece of the puzzle when calculating stuff.

I can help you out with a 103 Cleric who gains 400 HP (without bonuses). It will probably be a row of 50's throughout the levels, so it ends with 500 HP (beginning with 250 HP at level 100), but I don't want to take the fun from you ;D

And don't forget my other question, if I may remind you ^^ If you don't know what I meant, check this out. PWdatabase doesn't list the chance or anything, or I didn't find it.

• Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    @ Fryvorg

I couldn't find information on that one.
    I apologize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have been on Archosaur for about 2 years with some breaks. IIRC, gold was between 1 and 1.3 most of this time. Now it has been going up the last months to the point where we are now at 1.8m gold.

The gold price always changes. Just like in real life. Many factors influence it. I know it will keep changing and probably go down again. What can you say about future predictions for the gold price. Will we ever see prices near 1m again or what kind of low would you expect ? Do you also have a prediction when to expect a low ?

b:victory
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    what reward we receive from Annual Attendance? b:bye
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    @WannaBM, I don't see prices lowering on my server unless the game goes into a greater decline and lack of people lowers the demand. I would consider 1.7-1.8m the current low price for our server. When nice sales come out people buy gold at 2.2m+

Generally gold prices will have a short spike right after a new sale starts.
    It is easier to predict spikes in prices as opposed to drops.

I don't think prices will go down to 1m again unless PWI implements a huge gold sink, in which case forum goers will whine and complain like nobody's business.

@Vasanta, I have no information on what the prize packs will contain.
    This from your thread is all I got. My apologies.
    a guess

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/30068

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/39958 (so seems it hasnt been created yet for yearly/ not in files)

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/39959 same for full
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Who is the prettiest venomancer on LC~? x3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Ilyania hands down. b:cute
    in fact she's probably the prettiest toon period of any class on any server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm just wondering why you have nothing better to do! o_O
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    could u give information how is to calculate K/D Ratio :) thanks
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    @ Fryvorg

I couldn't find information on that one.
    I apologize.

Thanks for trying, anyway!

• Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey Kniraven

This might be pretty silly and obvious but here goes:
    My question is about crit calculation with increased/decreased crit chance buffs/debuffs.

Basically i found this thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1623461

Even though Post #4 - SylenThunder seems to explain how such buffs might work, i was wondering if there is actually some maths or material on this that you might be able to dig up or already know about. I spent about 2 hours digging on forums and and googlizing and could not find anything that satisfactorily answered this, so i thought i would bring it here :)

Main skills im thinking of are:
    Seeker PvE debuffs,
    Mark of Weakness,
    Sand Miasma
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    I'm just wondering why you have nothing better to do! o_O

Because I work security at a site full of engineers surrounded by 3 electric fences.
    I spend all day at work bored out of my mind with nothing to do (unless somebody catches a building on fire or poisons themselves which actually happens quite frequently...)
    could u give information how is to calculate K/D Ratio :) thanks

Uhhh is this a trick question?
    Your kills are divided into your deaths. Kills/Deaths = number. K/D=#

If I killed 10 people and died 5 times my K/D would be 2 because 10/5=2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Hey Kniraven

My question is about crit calculation with increased/decreased crit chance buffs/debuffs.

Even though Post #4 - SylenThunder seems to explain how such buffs might work, i was wondering if there is actually some maths or material on this that you might be able to dig up or already know about. I spent about 2 hours digging on forums and and googlizing and could not find anything that satisfactorily answered this, so i thought i would bring it here :)

Seeker PvE debuffs,
    Mark of Weakness,
    Sand Miasma

This one might take me a while (assuming I can figure it out).
    As stated in my OP I don't really play archer or wizard and am not completely familiar with their skills.
    This might be outside my forte but I'll give it a go.

EDIT: I disagree with Sylenthunder, and I will try to test his hypothesis later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why do you hate me? It makes me sad Kni-poo. Please tell me, we're both on PWI forums so it's PWI related. You have to answer.

Why KniKni? Why aren't you affectionate towards me my darling?
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ah thanks, i need to verify, could be different lol. i just send ticket to know the number of my kill and death and gonna see my KD. ty <3
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    @WannaBM, I don't see prices lowering on my server unless the game goes into a greater decline and lack of people lowers the demand. I would consider 1.7-1.8m the current low price for our server. When nice sales come out people buy gold at 2.2m+

Generally gold prices will have a short spike right after a new sale starts.
    It is easier to predict spikes in prices as opposed to drops.

I don't think prices will go down to 1m again unless PWI implements a huge gold sink, in which case forum goers will whine and complain like nobody's business.

Two words for the increase of Gold Prices: Jolly Jones.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Question : What is a new Dreamchaser Pack Code that works so I can twink a new alt? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Hey Kniraven

Seeker PvE debuffs,
    Mark of Weakness,
    Sand Miasma

Eh. My first response was that I'd get back to you about how those buffs work but I don't think I'll be getting around to it for a while so I apologize.

What I have done so far though is I removed my weapon to have a 25% crit rate and struck somebody 500 times, I crit 128 times. That is pretty damn close to exact.

I used the BM skill Dragons Bane and struck them another 500 times. Dragons bane gives me a 25% crit increase which brought me to 50% (This took a very long time... the buff only lasts 30 seconds and has a 5 minute cooldown lol...) 253/500 were crits. This is also pretty exact.

I then had my cleric friend with his 10% crit rate hit me 500 times (I did not include any misses in the 500 hits). He hit me 48/500 crits.

It seems to me that the rate is an exact number, but it may have a cap.

Why do you hate me? It makes me sad Kni-poo. Please tell me, we're both on PWI forums so it's PWI related. You have to answer.

Why KniKni? Why aren't you affectionate towards me my darling?

You're irritating. You ruin people's threads. Your arguments are stupid. You're ignorant.
    Question : What is a new Dreamchaser Pack Code that works so I can twink a new alt? b:question

SPM365L
    YA8L29J

^ Those are the most recent DreamChaser codes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Eh. My first response was that I'd get back to you about how those buffs work but I don't think I'll be getting around to it for a while so I apologize.

What I have done so far though is I removed my weapon to have a 25% crit rate and struck somebody 500 times, I crit 128 times. That is pretty damn close to exact.

I used the BM skill Dragons Bane and struck them another 500 times. Dragons bane gives me a 25% crit increase which brought me to 50% (This took a very long time... the buff only lasts 30 seconds and has a 5 minute cooldown lol...) 253/500 were crits. This is also pretty exact.

I then had my cleric friend with his 10% crit rate hit me 500 times (I did not include any misses in the 500 hits). He hit me 48/500 crits.

It seems to me that the rate is an exact number, but it may have a cap.

No worries, i think might create a separate thread about it then.

Thank you for replying :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    SPM365L
    YA8L29J

^ Those are the most recent DreamChaser codes
    Well Kniraven, thanks, you did answer with the best current answer. But alas, those are expired and I had already found those on fb, general or beginners forum threads. Guess ill be waiting for new codes or till another charge rewards comes around b:surrender

PS. PWI paying you at least for this? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013

PS. PWI paying you at least for this? b:chuckle

I wish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]