Archers forgotten?

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea self-buffed venomancer has more pdef than archers right only when they're in fox form.

How about other defensive fronts you clearly conveniently do not wanna bring up?

Immunity

spark cost, 3 sec during which you can't move or do anything

Anti-stun

so much spark

Anti-ailments/debuffs

That's sins, not archers?

Chi restoration

399 chi every 5 min is equal to 1.33 chi per second; skill damage recovers more chi so casters actually win out

Damage reduction

Spark cost.

All these light armors classes have almost all if not all of these statuses from self buffs but clearly they aren't a factor in defense. b:shutup

we were talking archers, not sins?

Pretty sure plenty of caster will gladly give exchange abit of what they have for those.

casters have all of them

antistun: demon summer sprint, purify spell, energy leech, etc
    immunity: feral, spirit phalanx, raw defense
    anti ailments: purify spell
    chi restoration: skill damage + chi skills, same for all classes
    damage reduction: windshield, aquaflame armor, superior defense

replies in red

also, sutra spark combo with 100+ dex genie jumps arcanes, lol
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Eternalagony - Harshlands
    Eternalagony - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    crimxsonx wrote: »
    Most scary class in nw imo is psychic,i've seen psychic holding nw alone vs 20 5 mins,he was freaken unkillable in the same time 1,2 shoting his opponents, among those 20 ppl were good geared ones as well but couldnt do ****,i think his name was _Eclipse_ or something like that.Archer is easy mode class.b:victory

PS:here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dUQAPwvPMc Enjoy!

Are u talking about the eclipse that I camped on my archer at morai and too chicken to come out and face me?
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea archers should be the only class to leap all directions because people like you who play archers find it so hard to turn to the right direction to apply leaps just like what BM and Wizard have to live with. b:cry

Yea Sage Wizard's Force of Will deals damage everyone in a 25m line and silence them and only needs 0.6 cast time right??! Whisper Shot can be have max range and 3m AoE effect and interupt, silence 5 seconds for all you know people like you will still complain about it!

Yea 35m=34m b:pleased nice knowledge for an archer!

LoL GoF 30% proc rate? You sure you know anything about the game or you making a point you want quick shot proc rate to be higher than GoF? Oh wait its already 100% for Sage 50% for Demon. b:bye

Even in full buff Arcanes have lower HP and huge gap in evasion. When unbuffed, Arcanes have lower physical defense and HP, major gap in evasion!

Dude if you wanna QQ about class differences at least DON'T bring up anything that archers have an advantage in please don't look stupid for the other archers.

So the skill you're referencing has a cd of wait for it 3 minutes, and the use of two sparks for that 6 extra range is a waste when you should be using them to either Wings of Grace or Alacrity much better for Kiting and survivability. No archer uses it like ever in NW due to the fact using those two sparks leaves you very vulnerable especially due to its long cast and channel times which is 2.4 seconds in total. This is why this skill isn't worth more than like 2m. So yes I'm gonna increase my range while and end game wizzy will be jumping into my face to abuse the damage reduction we get. That seems really, really smart.

Yes GoF has a 30% proc rate, I swear if you're using the Wiki for your knowledge, I'm gonna sit here and laugh at you continually. Sac Strike has a 25% proc rate. Go ahead and ask any bm or barb to hit on you with a GoF weapon the average times it will proc is 30%. I wouldn't ask a sin due to aps would kinda be hard to judge. I've done several tests and so have my friends.

Oh wait did you just mention arcanes and evasion in the same sentence, MAGIC NEVER MISSES, and you're calling me dumb. GG. A piece of S3R9 AA gives 936 hp at +10, LA gives 1137 hp. 201 hp per piece with 4 pieces so 804 hp is what they're missing in comparison there. I still have to triple spark and purge some of the top tiered AA classes to kill them. The majority of which are +12, fully jaded, and have full +12 pdef ornaments. Who can easily cap out at a 90% pdef reduction with said ornaments. Theres a sage wizzy on HT named Sheswes, he'll get in your face and wreak your ****. Hes sage and has the same or more pdef then some end game demon wizzies I've come across. Idk what casters you deal with on a consistent basis but those I still run from in PVP cuz they have an easier time killing me then me killing them in 1v1s. Like I said they hit the broken part of the survivability index quite easily. I run with a Psy if you give him any sort of buff, any besides his own he hits that 0 index immediately. Please list an archer who does that.

And if you keep insisting that Whisper Shot is actually good, when in PvP do your targets EVER line up in a perfect line to make that skill any sort of viable? Please tell me I am listening. I've only ever sealed more than 1 target in PVE and that was in rebirth and PV.
  • jhktwentythree
    jhktwentythree Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    replies in red

also, sutra spark combo with 100+ dex genie jumps arcanes, lol

You want to compare archers with all casters yet you don't wanna include sins when comparing light vs arcane.

Clearly all arcanes have.

antistun: demon summer sprint, purify spell, energy leech, etc
    immunity: feral, spirit phalanx, raw defense
    anti ailments: purify spell
    chi restoration: skill damage + chi skills, same for all classes
    damage reduction: windshield, aquaflame armor, superior defense

and Spark genie skill b:laugh

At 62 energy cost and 40 seconds cooldown, and being only a single target and single element debuff that lasts only 6 seconds. At 100 dex, it's only 100% reduction in fire resistances, go look at some of the

Just be happy it's not like tangling mire, while you can only reach 55% reduction with 100 strength, most of your attacks benefit from it plus it has a 15m AoE and only cost 48 energy, cooldown 30 seconds and actually does slow people's movement speed yes AoE 15m too yet effects last 10 seconds.

Pretty sure many wizards will gladly have a 55% fire+water+earth or any two element debuff that lasts 10 seconds that affects 15m AoE plus slows people down and most importantly with a 100 str or dex genie, low energy cost. 48 energy cost>>>62 energy cost
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You're probably a pre-100 theory ***, don't even know how debuffs work lols.

Smack: 18 range
    Whisper Shot: 18 range

Smack: 100% hit
    Whisper Shot: nope

Smack: interrupts
    Whisper Shot: does not interrupt

Smack: 15 chi
    Whisper Shot: 1 spark

Smack: 0.2s chan
    Whisper Shot: 1.2s chan

Only thing Whisper Shot got over Smack is the line AOE.

Could also compare with Bewitch or FoW but that's just too funny.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • jhktwentythree
    edited January 2014

Smack: 18 range
    Whisper Shot: 18 range

Smack: 100% hit
    Whisper Shot: nope

Smack: interrupts
    Whisper Shot: does not interrupt

Smack: 15 chi
    Whisper Shot: 1 spark

Smack: 0.2s chan
    Whisper Shot: 1.2s chan

Only thing Whisper Shot got over Smack is the line AOE.

Could also compare with Bewitch or FoW but that's just too funny.

Left out cast time of 1.7 seconds against 0.6 seconds and the 40 seconds cooldown just to make smack look really good anyway if you gave smack a line AoE of 25m may I add, and 1 spark cost even with 40 seconds cooldown instead of 30 seconds cooldown from whisper shot, BMs gladly accept the exchange.

Archers don't need anymore upgrades unless they start to give other classes something ridiculous like 100% chance to gain 1 spark from 3s cd skill or 100% chance to gain 25% critical from a 3s cd skill.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    who gives a **** about cast time? skills can't be interrupted once into cast time and the skill effect of smack takes place at the end of channel, as does FoW. Fast chan > faster cast

Have you actually played at all? smack/FoW are near instant; whisper shot is flashy as hell and by the time it finishes channeling everyone and their mother has seen it about two clicks of will surge ago, if they even bother will surging that 3 sec seal
    Channels

• jhktwentythree
    edited January 2014

You're probably a pre-105 noob *** lackey of some archer. Oh wait that's...
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    wow such stone face
    Channels

• jhktwentythree
    edited January 2014
    who gives a **** about cast time? skills can't be interrupted once into cast time and the skill effect of smack takes place at the end of channel, as does FoW. Fast chan > faster cast

Have you actually played at all? smack/FoW are near instant; whisper shot is flashy as hell and by the time it finishes channeling everyone and their mother has seen it about two clicks of will surge ago, if they even bother will surging that 3 sec seal

It's less channel time than stunning arrow so what are you fussing about?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    ?

My point exactly? Fast channels > faster casting
    Channels

• jhktwentythree
    edited January 2014
    ?

My point exactly? Fast channels > faster casting

Whisper Shot has 1.2 second channel time

Stunning Arrow has 1.5 second channel time.

So what do you mean your point exactly?? I'm telling you that skill finishes faster than stunning arrow what more you want?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    a spark cost skill that's at 1/2 of normal archer range and inferior to comparable skills on other classes b:laugh
    Channels

• jhktwentythree
    edited January 2014
    a spark cost skill that's at 1/2 of normal archer range and inferior to comparable skills on other classes b:laugh

Now you don't wanna talk channeling or cast time cause it's actually a faster finishing skill than the commonly used stunning arrow

So you wanna bring up about chi cost and half range, i can bring up lack of AoE and cooldown about smack. We can go round and round it's okay. b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now you don't wanna talk channeling or cast time cause it's actually a faster finishing skill than the commonly used stunning arrow

So you wanna bring up about chi cost and half range, i can bring up lack of AoE and cooldown about smack. We can go round and round it's okay. b:chuckle

Not sure what class you are but it's pretty clear you're going by the description alone.

The "AoE" on whisper shot is a rectangle 2 meters on either side of the target.. It's not like will of pheonix which is huge. If there was a BM next to the target punching it at normal melee range of 2.5m you wouldn't even hit that BM.

Basically You almost never hit more than 1 target with this skill. Also I'm pretty sure there is some kind of description error because the seal it lasts shorter than smack (and costs 6 times more chi).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As the title states.
    Every other class received many OP skills and upgrades.
    While archers got screwed over. It's ridiculous at the skill upgrades most classes received. Archers received 1 good skill the frost splash, but wow 2 sparks and 3 min CD... seriously?

Ya man I kno I mean Psys can go WRYYYYY and get shot in the mouth, how come we get nothing like that??
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    OMG! Let's see what's better!

A fast channeling seal that interrupts, or a long channeling seal that doesn't.

I don't need to make smack look good, it's just better.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • nottolate
    nottolate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea stealth for a range class is ****.

Two leaps for a range class is ****.

+6 meter range skill for a top range class is ****.

Having AoE silence is ****.

Yea we archers just normal attack and don't cast skills so Endless Breeze is **** and casters can decrease their channel and cast time right??!?

We need more attack speed more -interval stat or +100% attack speed buff please!!!

Yea I want 100 dex multiplier to weapon attack cause 20 strength and magic give one critical % right?!? We need more damage because we can't shoot 2 arrows every second!! b:surrender

Yea I want more pdef and mdef because my evasion is garbage with 700 dex, the 3 second immunity and 30% damage reduction from wings of grace is garbage I want it to give 100% pdef and mdef 500% evasion and 75% damage reduction please!

Archers shafted so much help!

Haha i lovd the sarcasm,good archer wont complain at all,archer is hit and run class not to mention the leaps,anti stun and bla bla.It's funny tough they don't agree with the fact they just sit there pressing tab +normal attack i can show u 3480274234233 vids of them doing so.b:laugh
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nottolate wrote: »
    Haha i lovd the sarcasm,good archer wont complain at all,archer is hit and run class not to mention the leaps,anti stun and bla bla.It's funny tough they don't agree with the fact they just sit there pressing tab +normal attack i can show u 3480274234233 vids of them doing so.b:laugh

You really made an account just to come whine on this topic? You must be that guy that just got bashed with facts.

By the way, you misspelled your name.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Archers lose 2 close combat skills to get a merged one.
    That is useless with a longer CD.
    The AoE skill has a 6 second CD and the other skill had a 1 second CD.
    So now the merged skill has a 9 second CD and doesn't do anything different lol.
    The eff was the point of that LOL?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To **** you off?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Well that's pretty terrible if the cd increases to 9s. I use Demon Span for the shell a lot when people try to stick close, and the short cd is very convenient.

Just further evidence the devs don't understand their own game.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well at least they can't **** us on the passives. Moar def = moar def.

I will not be upgrading any skills to the primalame versions..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Well at least they can't **** us on the passives. Moar def = moar def.

I will not be upgrading any skills to the primalame versions..

demon frost and demon deadly might as well turn into a fun skill to use for video intros?

And Kiss of Snake, too; why the *** not? b:avoid cool animations are cool
    Channels

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Look on the bright side. The devs chose to nerf psys and archers, but gave them a choice on whether to take the nerf or not.

How gracious of them!

Plus, some people will actually get them and think they are upgrades.

Pure genius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Thehaxshot - Heavens Tear
    Thehaxshot - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hes Right. Archers got screwed over. toomany CDs for skills , and we use all sparks for all of our skills. Frost Splash needs to be a 30 sec cd skill and no spark cost

for Demon : increased damage

for Sage : turning the phys damage into water damage
  • CrimsonApa - Lost City
    CrimsonApa - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol hardcore haters be hatin on archers even tho shts true that ea's got fked over this expan. sins can have a higher crit % than ea's and pvp wise sht isnt fun dealin w/ zc all day long.
    Biitch.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    >: *hugs all of the archers*
    Poor darlings. Archers are too sexy to get all this **** thrown at them OTL

I read the first few pages and the last few.. eum... Asty made a comment about crits and diminishing returns with the new passives; I'm not quite up to speed on how the passives work % wise, do archers indeed just get less extra crit from the passive >:? and more importantily is the 'Rage Damage: 200%' stat on the character screen totally pointless in that there's no way for it to go over 200 even for archers OTL?

I feel bad coming and raining on the all archer post thread but I have such a soft spot for archers and ahhhhh I'm sorry OTL
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    do archers indeed just get less extra crit from the passive >:?
    Well, no. The passive gives a flat 1% crit per level. But here's the thing - an additional 7% crit makes a lot more difference when your base crit is 5% than when your base is 65%.

65%: 1.72/1.65 = 4.2% average damage increase
    5%: 1.12/1.05 = 6.7% average damage increase

So the fact that archers have significantly more crit means that we get less of an overall benefit from the crit passive. Combine this with the fact that the vast majority of an archer's damage comes from autoattacks instead of skills, and eas basically got crapped on as far as the new passives are concerened.

and more importantily is the 'Rage Damage: 200%' stat on the character screen totally pointless in that there's no way for it to go over 200 even for archers OTL?

To my knowledge, the only skill that increases Rage Damage is a sin's Wolf Emblem.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To my knowledge, the only skill that increases Rage Damage is a sin's Wolf Emblem.

There is a Faction Base buff that increases rage damage.