Archers forgotten?

KingThis - Heavens Tear
KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Archer
As the title states.
Every other class received many OP skills and upgrades.
While archers got screwed over. It's ridiculous at the skill upgrades most classes received. Archers received 1 good skill the frost splash, but wow 2 sparks and 3 min CD... seriously?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
Post edited by KingThis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013

>Believing that everyone got "OP" skills when many find them to be underwhelming or prefer to use the older skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aren't archers OP enough already? ZzZzZz
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have lots of doubts about Frost Splash. I have trouble believing a 1.5 second debuff of any kind is going to be worth 2 sparks and having damage spread out evenly over 5 small hits makes it easier to defend against. I'd prefer getting 2 waves of barrage instead I think.

Before people say Feather Armageddon is aoe player knockback, the book has the correct description: http://i.imgur.com/8FCjMsf.png

There is also a significant nerf to Spirit Blackhole since the passive defense buff seems to max out at 56% and basically becomes an unpurgeable cleric buff.

The crit passive is giving everyone much higher crit while it benefits archer least due to diminishing return.

The skill damage passive is lost on archer due to their lack of damaging skills and reliance on auto attacks to purge.

This is the worst expansion for archers since Rising Tide.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    both good and bad, that pdef/mdef passive. on the other hand it also benefit us more def wise, than other classes, cos of our low values.
    But i guess that's why we get so much attack power from spririt and extra stat points.. to hit through that passive lmao.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Deflectra - Sanctuary
    Deflectra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As the title states.
    While archers got screwed over. It's ridiculous at the skill upgrades most classes received. Archers received 1 good skill the frost splash, but wow 2 sparks and 3 min CD... seriously?

Leave it to an Archer to QQ about not getting a boost, us Psys got nerfed but you don't hear us crying:

Vector gets nerfed (reduced stun %)
    glacial shards gets nerfed (reduced range)
    aqua cannon gets nerfed (costs chi and less damge)
    sage spirit blast gets nerfed (20% for extra 30 chi = +6 chi per hit average = 16chi average compared to 15 chi w/ update)
    Soul of Vengence gets nerfed
    and if we upgrade sand trap, that gets nerfed as well? (30 sec cd instead of 15 sec and almost no extra power taking away telekensis effect, o and it costs chi to =D)

>Believing that everyone got "OP" skills when many find them to be underwhelming or prefer to use the older skills

Don't think he even took 2 seconds to come to the conclusion that everyone else got OP skills.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As the title states.
    are you trolling or what lol.

what did you expect archers to get? because critting from 92347584354m just wasnt enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Vector gets nerfed (reduced stun %)

Newbie area skill.
    glacial shards gets nerfed (reduced range)

Pretty sure this is just fixed description?
    aqua cannon gets nerfed (costs chi and less damge)

Only if you upgrade it.
    sage spirit blast gets nerfed (20% for extra 30 chi = +6 chi per hit average = 16chi average compared to 15 chi w/ update)

Only if you upgrade it.
    Soul of Vengence gets nerfed

Newbie area skill.
    and if we upgrade sand trap, that gets nerfed as well? (30 sec cd instead of 15 sec and almost no extra power taking away telekensis effect, o and it costs chi to =D)

Only if you upgrade it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would actually argue the passive defense buff isnt completely horrible change for archers, least real endgame ones. I suspect the passive will push defenses close enough breaking points, sure defenses alone arent everything but LA classes will be getting buff. But meh, I would have to dedicate few hours to playing with numbers and just not feeling like it.

LAs problem has always been its weak against both types, few buffs and it should become strong against both or least decent. But obviously this will be far larger buff to sins who dont have purge in the first place. Archers getting beefier but having more problems killing people, not sure I like this direction. Funny thing will be, endgame archers will be even more hated among population as most of population is far too undergeared to take hits from them and said archers just got beefier for them.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    what did you expect archers to get? because critting from 92347584354m just wasnt enough[/COLOR]

Crits that do the damage of most other class's normals at a few extra yards of range on a frame with the worst defense in the game. IDK, I was hoping for a nudge up somewhere, anywhere, rather than what looks to be an all around weakening of the class in comparison to the rest.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Crits that do the damage of most other class's normals at a few extra yards of range on a frame with the worst defense in the game. IDK, I was hoping for a nudge up somewhere, anywhere, rather than what looks to be an all around weakening of the class in comparison to the rest.

Do you like live in a fantasy world? Archer normals=my crits. And I'm a r9.3 +10 pure dex sin. Even with zerk a g16 +10 archer can out DD me. You gotta be on **** crack.
  • Deflectra - Sanctuary
    Deflectra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Newbie area skill.

Pretty sure this is just fixed description?

Only if you upgrade it.

Only if you upgrade it.

Newbie area skill.

Only if you upgrade it.

Thanks for clearing that up
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Do you like live in a fantasy world? Archer normals=my crits. And I'm a r9.3 +10 pure dex sin. Even with zerk a g16 +10 archer can out DD me. You gotta be on **** crack.

... I don't have enough what to encompass my thoughts towards this post. The heck are you doing wrong because when it comes to DD my sin > my archer. And that's with even gear.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited December 2013
    +1 b:surrender
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Isn't it funny how we ALL... think of a 'strength' like range or extra hp/stuns doesn't do enough to balance out the game completely for everyone?

I think it is. :$

The truth of the matter is that everything has its weaknesses, and its strengths. (It is really hard to see things as balance, when certain things are ridiculously difficult to overcome.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    ... I don't have enough what to encompass my thoughts towards this post. The heck are you doing wrong because when it comes to DD my sin > my archer. And that's with even gear.

Actually, my archer hits far harder with N3 bow +10 than my sin with N3+12 daggers. Sin deals far more dps due aps but when it comes to dph, sin is pretty low on rankings outside of zerk crits.

Ps. The reply you responded isnt realistic either though.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Insert general statement about the state of Wizzie's in the game and how every other class is OP in comparison.

Q.Q poor archers

Oh , just to ask how did wizzies fare for new skills with this update I have not yet gotten so far as to see what they can do for me.
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Insert general statement about the state of Wizzie's in the game and how every other class is OP in comparison.

Trolling or ignorant? Look at videos from Adroit or someone and see how other classes fare. Wiz have top defense, offense, and very good control skill, and top anti control skill.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think Archers arent allowed to QQ in peace. Too many haters b:laugh
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Trolling or ignorant? Look at videos from Adroit or someone and see how other classes fare. Wiz have top defense, offense, and very good control skill, and top anti control skill.

Only if your at the top hun.
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Only if your at the top hun.

I really hate people who don't know the difference between class balance and gear. They pollute the forums with lousy arguments.
    A **** geared character of every class dies to end game players. If you don't have equal gear in PVP you have absolutely no perspective from which to form a worthwhile opinion. Keep your ignorance to yourself.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think Archers arent allowed to QQ in peace. Too many haters b:laugh

NO ONE is allowed to "QQ" on these forums without someone else coming in and giving their opinion/rebuttal about the "QQer's" opinion.

Its not limited to just archers. <3 b:avoid
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited December 2013
    astypoo is mad f:beg
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As the title states.

i could say the same about venos
    1 skill for human form and rest fox form ..but oh well

P.S Archer already r OP
  • Senel - Dreamweaver
    Senel - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have lots of doubts about Frost Splash. I have trouble believing a 1.5 second debuff of any kind is going to be worth 2 sparks and having damage spread out evenly over 5 small hits makes it easier to defend against. I'd prefer getting 2 waves of barrage instead I think.

Before people say Feather Armageddon is aoe player knockback, the book has the correct description: http://i.imgur.com/8FCjMsf.png

There is also a significant nerf to Spirit Blackhole since the passive defense buff seems to max out at 56% and basically becomes an unpurgeable cleric buff.

The crit passive is giving everyone much higher crit while it benefits archer least due to diminishing return.

The skill damage passive is lost on archer due to their lack of damaging skills and reliance on auto attacks to purge.

This is the worst expansion for archers since Rising Tide.

Can you explain this discription then when you create a new character?? Becuase either this is the correct discription or the forges is the wrong one so which one is the correct discription?
    9zt.bmp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    b:sad sometimes i think PW don't know the meaning of being a archer.

Nothing special on new skills, before i give my opinion i want said im a SAGE archer. Ok i already get the ΦKiss of Snake good skill, no complaints of this skill, good damage. I tested the ΦFeather Armageddon and the ΩFrost Splash thanks to Item "Archer Tips" for newbies, is not exactly the lvl 12 skill, but look like the same in esscense. ΦFeather Armageddon is the same as Wing Burst (Wingspan) they ad 2000 more of damage from 4347, so merger 2 skills for 2000 damage and losing Wing Strike (Winged Pledge) a good skill for close range combat.

ΩFrost Splash look good and helpfull 5 aoe blast, but is via "Archer Tip" so they don't have the debuffs, i want test the real skill, this:

Range Ranged
    Mana ??
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 2.5 seconds
    Cooldown 3 minutes
    Weapon Ranged Weapons

Requisite Cultivation Master of Harmony
    Fire 5 volleys at all enemies in front of you,
    dealing a total of base physical damage plus 750%
    of weapon damage. Each hit reduces the target's
    speed by 80% and has a 20% chance to freeze the
    targets for 1.5 seconds. Frozen enemies are
    vulnerable, increasing incoming damage by 30%.
    Each hit has a chance to trigger special weapon
    effects. Deals full damage regardless of range.

Costs 1 unit of ammo.
    Costs 2 Sparks.

So i can comment about this skill, maybe will be good for tw...maybe.

And at final ΦWinged Shell is the more expensive new (update) skill from the four skills take more time to get it and seriously 500 more of damage adsortion damage....some mobs with [?] hith more than 1800. Players with equal gear did it too.

I my opinion nothing new for archers only a merge of skills for reduce us number of skills b:surrender.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wiz have top defense, offense, and very good control skill, and top anti control skill.

Agree.

I.m.o wizzies need to be nerfed somehow on either their ridiculous defenses or the broken spark genie. They have a lot of fire debuff with different icons that make them stack, can also teleport 25 metres every 10 seconds for escaping or getting close to an archer for half damage and use spark. They also have various stopper skills like sleep silence and stun that can be chained to a stunlock.

Sometimes on my archer I am undecided whether to hit a wiz using a physical or magical skills since both deal low damage to them due to their ridiculously high defense/mdefense.

As an archer, what kind of skills do archers should have ?
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you explain this discription then when you create a new character?? Becuase either this is the correct discription or the forges is the wrong one so which one is the correct discription?
    9zt.bmp

The skills from "Archer Tips" is not the lvl 12 skill is like or similar but is not the final skill.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, it would be bad for the company so I won't even say it...

However, just suck it up and deal with it you slaves. You'll just pay for the game, pvp then QQ again anyway.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • abbooodi
    abbooodi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All the ignored fools making statements, just cute.
    My friend whom is a sin tried his new skill on me. you know the one that does 5 hits within one second and roots the char from moving. well that skill alone was doing 10ks per hit on me. we're both equally geared. i stand at 18k unbuffed hp. I died before he even did all 5 hits.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just seems like there's no end to archer QQ despite the fact that you do fine in nearly everything except pure unbuffed 1v1's, which is something that doesn't even matter much imo.

The 56% defense buff will help archers as much as arcanes - it's in fact a nerf to wizzies more than archers imo because that 56% m def can't be debuffed by undine or genie spark. We aren't scared of purge because it removes 60% p def...we're scared of it because it removes a 120% self buff, and the new passives don't do anything to help us in that department.

Archers will actually gain more p def from that buff than the majority of arcanes because their base p def is slightly higher (even with elemental neck). That's gonna help quite a bit vs sins.

We'll gain a bunch of m. def, but that doesn't really help us against archers, along with some p def.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.