Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• rodger9806
    rodger9806 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Stop whining, what's the difference who and how many received. silently envy ****ing kids.f:gross
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and here goes another one showing himself...
  • FrogJuice - Dreamweaver
    FrogJuice - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE (11.25.13)

Questions and Answers

What is the punishment for players who blatantly abused the compensation code?

They will be banned.

I heard from Customer Service tickets that you are only banning players who are from Archosaur. Is this true?

No, I was confused about this when I heard about it. The customer service representatives were mis-informed on the punishment issue, and we're making sure everyone is now on the same page. We're banning players who abused the code no matter the server they are from.

What about the "targeted" compensation efforts for Archosaur only? Is that still happening?

Yes. We are getting everything set up now and verifying that it will go smoothly before we start sending in-game items to players on Archosaur. You can expect yours within the week.

Why is it Archosaur only now, and not all servers, as it was initially, when I missed my chance at the code?

First and foremost, Archosaur players were the ones we've wanted to make sure were compensated for the rollback, to the best of our ability. It was because of the rollback that we started focusing on a compensation campaign. We have 5x EXP going on for Archosaur, something we've never done before, as well as 2x EXP/SP/Drops AND Coin for all servers (also new).

Players on Archosaur now have the opportunity to gain more experience, spirit, drops, etc than they could have during the 3 days lost from the rollback, as these modifiers will be lasting into the next month. All servers were included in this decision because we wanted everyone to feel compensated for November's server connectivity issues as a whole.

(The initial compensation code for 5x HyperEXP Stones is now available for everyone: 3HTYJKE)

Following these initial actions, we still thought that for a rollback, our actions were not great enough. Many players lost refinement and thus power during the rollback, and so giving more exp/sp/drops/coins if you play wouldn't resolve their complaint.

Thus we came up with the compensation code that we all now are aware of.
    Unfortunately, because of it's abuse we've had to cancel the cross-server compensation and refocus back on the initial goal of compensating Archosaur Rollback players.

Is there anything I can receive right now?

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You can redeem it here once per account until NOVEMBER 30th : 3HTYJKE

There is no shouting with this one...

-DoD

Mod edit because it appears people refuse to scroll down enough to read:
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

^This is the reason why the code is saying it has expired when you try to enter it!

Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE (11.22.13):
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or world chat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
    =====================================================

Rageb:angry
    archo gets 3 day roll back, tons of +10 orbs 5x xp.......and all those of us who wernt on all th eother servers at the time of the code mishap get absolutely nothing.

5yrs, ocaasion casher, ima say byby pwi something isnt fixed in next couple weeks, i will be gone
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    QQ rage rage i wanna freebie JOSD

I want full r9rr +12 with josd and deity shards please and thank youb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I want full r9rr +12 with josd and deity shards please and thank youb:chuckle
    nope im entitled to that first!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I want full r9rr +12 with josd and deity shards for all toons and alts please and thank youb:chuckle

b:avoid might as well
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Kossy, told you this was gonna get ugly... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    im enjoying it immensely
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    im enjoying it immensely

I'm just laughing at how PWE operates. They are so predictable.
    I'm just waiting for the "too many to ban, not sure who to ban so no one gets banned" post.
    b:chuckle

And WOOT!!! First post of page 500!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tribells1
    edited November 2013
    I'm just waiting for the "too many to ban, not sure who to ban so no one gets banned" post.

They won't even bother saying that. They'll just prove once more that abusing is the way to go. And from now on, if i ever play again, that's what i am going to do - use glitches, buy in-game coins from third party sites and so on. If these guys don't get banned ( really banned, not 3 days ), if the others do not receive compensation as it should be, then i see no reason for PWE, or any of their 2 time employees have any reason to ban me for anything.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Keep the drama coming~ b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited November 2013
    tribells1 wrote: »
    They won't even bother saying that. They'll just prove once more that abusing is the way to go. And from now on, if i ever play again, that's what i am going to do - use glitches, buy in-game coins from third party sites and so on. If these guys don't get banned ( really banned, not 3 days ), if the others do not receive compensation as it should be, then i see no reason for PWE, or any of their 2 time employees have any reason to ban me for anything.
    Which is EXACTLY why i should get a free JOSD b:cute
    glad you share my thoughts
    gimme gimme gimme
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My Christmas bonus was either going to get me a playstation 4 or finish my Rank 9 .. Any guesses as to which I'm getting myself ?
  • TheHedgeBarb - Morai
    TheHedgeBarb - Morai Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Grats on the Playstation 4
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    tribells1 wrote: »

Sorry but we who have lived with the Bizarro World thinking of PWE management, have told all of you to abuse, use and relax.

After the ban/not banned "punishment" for the Dreamchaser chests, gooners and LUaD fiasco, I thought everyone knew to abuse the heck out of the system.

They only did the right thing, one time, back during the Duke Rose disaster by doing a rollback.

Now, if DoD can report that the abusers are getting real punishment, then don't abuse the system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACutAbove - Archosaur
    ACutAbove - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    FIVE HUNDRED pages of QQ
  • Greds - Lost City
    Greds - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    http://imageshack.com/a/img38/9229/gh31.jpg all told you know what happens nextb:chuckle
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013

There wont be any such post my friend.

When asked about the bans, how many got banned or for how long they will just stay quiet and not inform anyone hoping for everyone to just go ahead and forget it since the new patch seems to be comming out quite soon...

Guess what? Those of us that got scrwed into not getting a code case the admin is scared to say he can give the items via mail / ticket system to those of us that didnt have the time to click on the code will not forget this. And it is not such a small number of ppl in question as well.

In the end those that had to sleep, work, were out of town and etc get punished and abusers get a hell of a lot of items for what they did. And again it doesnt pay to be fair and honest b:surrender
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now, if DoD can report that the abusers are getting real punishment, then don't abuse the system.

I seriously doubt they'd be punished severely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • tribells1
    edited November 2013

And would you really believe him if he said that ? lol
    edited November 2013
    http://imageshack.com/a/img38/9229/gh31.jpg all told you know what happens nextb:chuckle
    nope this

http://i.imgflip.com/51ueq.jpg
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    There wont be any such post my friend.

When asked about the bans, how many got banned or for how long they will just stay quiet and not inform anyone hoping for everyone to just go ahead and forget it since the new patch seems to be comming out quite soon...

Guess what? Those of us that got scrwed into not getting a code case the admin is scared to say he can give the items via mail / ticket system to those of us that didnt have the time to click on the code will not forget this. And it is not such a small number of ppl in question as well.

In the end those that had to sleep, work, were out of town and etc get punished and abusers get a hell of a lot of items for what they did. And again it doesnt pay to be fair and honest b:surrender

Let us not forget Frankie's reply after the frosted flakes were supposed to be banned...
    and I quote,

"Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. While the case has been made that more people should have been banned, and permanently, for their transgressions, the fact is that we at PWE must take some of the blame for the glitch existing for as long as it did (4 months). For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.

We apologize for the glitch lasting as long as it did, and for the amount of time it took to take action against those who took advantage of it. The state of PWI is very important to us, and we thank you for your patience and support as we do what we can to keep the game running as smoothly as possible.

-The PWI Team

[Update 4-18-2012]

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinkua - Dreamweaver
    Rinkua - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Something about that image made me f:laugh
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    I see your point man but i really dont think they will be giving out any information about bans this time out ;)

And if they do it may not be true anyway.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    I see your point man but i really dont think they will be giving out any information about bans this time out ;)

And if they do it may not be true anyway.

I hope they do... if only to save the little shred of integrity they have left.

On another note...

I feel sorry for the marketing department who were planning Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Some people are so mad that they will not spend irl coins for virtual coins this year. While it will not bankrupt PWE, it may just put a dent in their forecasts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tribells1
    edited November 2013

On another note...

I feel sorry for the marketing department who were planning Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Some people are so mad that they will not spend irl coins for virtual coins this year. While it will not bankrupt PWE, it may just put a dent in their forecasts.

Don't be sorry for them, if they really cared about that, situation would be different.
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now, everyone got 3 orbs from ingame mail on archo, why pwi team not did that since the 20th ? before everyone get more than 3 orbs ?

b:puzzledb:puzzledb:puzzled
    edited November 2013
    b:puzzledb:puzzledb:puzzled
    because they honestly didnt think the website would glitch out.

the same way pple dont expect to be in an accident or theyd have avoid that route in the first place
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013

On another note...

I hope so as well but chances of that happening is like a chance of having the snow fall in SAHARAN DESERT in 2 days...

I feel sorry for those that have to suffer from other ppls mistakes but oh well. Still the problems this entire month are first hit in the ballz, then the time needed to make a simple server restart after waiting for an entire day for the staff to notice the servers dont work, then the Arch rollback, then the first codes instead of making it just one bigger one for all and more exp/spirit and ingame events for Arch server, then the abusers, the way it was handled and the fact they wont let the guys who didnt have a chance to use the code obtain it in some way or form ... And then saying it was only ARchosaur anyway ROFL
  • blacks
    blacks Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    5 hyper stones.. wtf am i suppose to do with that..do they even know how cheap those rocks are? on top of that im already level 100,and im not going any higher. so **** you and your stupid hyper stones..if you idiot gms are gonna give out prizes by giving us a code to enter to claim them, at least get your damn coding for the system right so the abuse doesnt happen again.or just send the sh.t. to our mail boxes. or have us talk to a certain npc..someone as broke as me on pw missed a nice chance to refine my sh.t.. those 3 orbs would have saved me over 100m.another dissapointment from pwi and i continue to play
This discussion has been closed.