Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GMs did **** up that's why they did this "nice thing" for us to begin with! They know they **** up and have been **** up for the last month or so. First big one was the all day server maint. for East Coast servers. 15-16 hours we couldn't get on. Did they give us anything then? Nope, not even a sorry. BUT then they had to rollback the Archo server, again a big **** up by GMs, only this time they attempted to make it right and **** that up too! Nice of them to give the guys on Archo Server stuff to help compensate for their foul up but they had to let them use that stuff on other server that didn't have a rollback, people got pissed and rightly so! Should of let them only redeem on the server that was effected, stupid move to let them use on any server. People sold the codes and scammed them from some players...yeah dumb move. Way to **** that up GMs!
    Then this "nice thing" they did with the orbs. Well that was to make up for people getting orbs on server that shouldn't have gotten any to begin with! Did they think this gift through? Did they test to see if they code could only be redeemed once? Nope! So people got the message they could use the code again in 10 minutes, so they did. Normal behavior for most people. It prompted them after all to use it again, so they did. And the punsline is this happened before so the KNEW it could and would happen again! So their you go another **** up!
    So now they turned off the code and are not let those that didn't get orbs get any, which is another **** up if you ask me. If you're not going to let them have orbs at least say so! Or if you are then say that and that they have to wait. Not saying anything that is ANOTHER **** up.

Rant finished. b:chuckle
  • Anhka - Sanctuary
    Anhka - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Getting orbs on other account doesn't make any one particular character OP. You can only use them on bound gear anyway. Getting 3 orbs on each account isn't that OP, getting like 30 orbs on 1 account is pretty BS.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Waiting for a real fix...
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just now a guy got like 12 or 14 orbs in a row on archo server and he keep getting
    lolololol

and that cose i didnt count the ones that he got before

Im not even surprised any more
  • mihaibuga
    mihaibuga Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so us who didnt get anything we dont get anything?nice pwi very nice
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the Servers Are Corrupted, Some Players Got 80+ Orbs While The Others Got 0! The Balance Is Broken!
  • MsDub - Heavens Tear
    MsDub - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I HOPE THE GM GETS FIRED,AND THIS COMPANY SHUTS DOWN. I WANT MY DRAGON ORBS AND I WON'T THEM NOW!!!! AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!!! I WOULD ALSO LIKE SOME FREE RANK 9 AND +12 ORBS TO GO WITH IT. THIS GAME IS GOING TO **** AND I WANT ALL THE BEST STUFF FOR FREE BEFORE IT CLOSES SOON. COME ON GUYS LET'S ALL LEAVE THIS JOINT.b:bye
  • Katju - Archosaur
    Katju - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just one little thing:why is that code already expiered:(its kinda unfair to first interupt it and than let it expire early.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Just one little thing:why is that code already expiered:(its kinda unfair to first interupt it and than let it expire early.

The code has expired because:
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

As in it was abused so they took it down to prevent further abuse and deal with those who abused it.

And no, they wouldn't bring out a new one right now as that would lead to the exact same thing at this point in time.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • angulini123
    angulini123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can we know when this will be fix it and when can the ppl who dident get anything including me can have the orbs and the stuuf the ppl we want to know when will be posible to have it back b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Milfhound - Harshlands
    Milfhound - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Approaching 400 pages of QQ...

Keep it up guys!
  • Faronex - Archosaur
    Faronex - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    code was prompting people to use it
    i dont know about all that what i do know is that i did get an error report the first time i tried to input the code so i did it again again same result i was then kicked off the page due to slow resopsn from upstream server
    so i decide that it was prolly for all the people legitimately trying to use the code I was like ok ill just wait no biggie well i decided to log on to my char and play him a bit

guess what i found duplicates of the gift in my mail box
    is that abuse i dont think so

so as far as people getting prompted to use it again i say bs but i could see having two as ok it was when the found out and went and emptyed there mail box to get more from the error that made it abuse and caused the ones that were legitimate to not be able to use the code i say ban them they were the same ones running around scamming people
    in my opinion i would have to say that i was right i knew that if people started to sell then the gms would cease to want to compensate further and that last bit
    prolly pissed them off slap in the face kinda thing
    so if you are going to ban some one pls dont pick me but
    i recomed -removed- and all accounts related to his ip
    just saying dude was a massive scamer

oh and what the hell is qqing
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    code was prompting people to use it
    i dont know about all that what i do know is that i did get an error report the first time i tried to input the code so i did it again again same result i was then kicked off the page due to slow resopsn from upstream server
    so i decide that it was prolly for all the people legitimately trying to use the code I was like ok ill just wait no biggie well i decided to log on to my char and play him a bit

guess what i found duplicates of the gift in my mail box
    is that abuse i dont think so

so as far as people getting prompted to use it again i say bs but i could see having to as ok it was when the found out and went and emptyed there mail box to get more from the error that made it abuse and caused the ones that were legitimate to not be able to use the code i say ban them they were the same ones running around scamming people
    in my opinion i would have to say that i was right i knew that if people started to sell then the gms would cease to want to compensate further and that last bit
    prolly pissed them off slap in the face kinda thing
    so if you are going to ban some one pls dont pick me but
    i recomed
    and all accounts related to his ip
    just saying dude was a massive scamer

Stop your naming and shaming, if you want to report something put in a ticket. Nobody here wants to hear your complaining.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    oh and what the hell is qqing

Basically whining/crying/complaining in general.

And it gets stretched out to apply to anything people dislike half the time.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Also no, you cannot say whatever you want. Naming and Shaming is against the rules. I suggest you click the link in my signature and read up on them. >>

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Venus get out of the damn ninja outfit. b:angry
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    such a witchhunt, started by those that did not get a single orb, for something that pwe messed up.
    it was their fault to not set up the hard and software properly but everyone just talks about "abuse" instead of the actual problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Faronex - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    thanks for clearing that up i was beginning to think that would never make sense
  • Loki_Dragon - Lost City
    Loki_Dragon - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So you are telling me that I been playing for so long and I can not get this reward like everyone else did
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    who asked you i can post what i want
    p.s i think you were scamer as well prolly why you said something about my saying something

p.s.s if you dont want to read what others have to say get off the forums

p.s.s.s who made you the boss of what can be said about things on the forum cuzz i want to talk to him think i would do a much better job at it

p.s.s.s.s
    was the name he deleated

Ad hominem is generally frowned upon in civilized discourse. I would advise you find another argument.
    23. No Naming/Shaming/Defaming
    Please do not accuse players or guilds of in-game violations while on the PWI forums. If you have something to report, please submit a ticket.

EDIT: Kossy or Venus, go back and check his posts on the last page again. His second post has a name again.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    now Those That Rule The Servers Are Not Those That Worked And Farmed Hard During 5 Years But Those That Was Fast Enough To Glitch The Codes And Get A Lot Of Orbs.
  • Faronex - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    i dont want to be rude but under no circumstances will i let my rights be violated even by something such as a terms of use page im sorry i will say something about it i put in a ticket and reported his page already if it upsets you so ban my post but i will say what needs to be said
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2013
    such a witchhunt, started by those that did not get a single orb, for something that pwe messed up.
    it was their fault to not set up the hard and software properly but everyone just talks about "abuse" instead of the actual problem.

Meh, when someone shoplifts, i don't blame the store for not keeping everything locked up so that it's hard to shoplift. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. PWE should've fixed the code to not be so easily exploitable, and they are not totally innocent. But that does not excuse the actions of the people who abused and exploited it, and got the code taken away from everyone else. They are just as much to blame and are in no way innocent regardless of pwe's action or inaction, as it were. And no i'm not referring to the people who got multiple orbs through legitimate problems with the webpage. The imbalance from that falls solely on PWE.

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's gonna be a bitter pill to swallow for the people still playing when they get the next Ocean orb sale and have to pony up $25 for every orb they want.

I doubt PWI can ever have a legitimate Ocean orb sale again without people remembering this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    EDIT: Kossy or Venus, go back and check his posts on the last page again. His second post has a name again.

And again.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faronex - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    And again.

must be
    sorry
  • Zarohimru - Lost City
    Zarohimru - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So obviously to get anywhere on the game, we should abuse the system and jot follow the ToA, because those who have are getting it worse than those who aren't.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Meh, when someone shoplifts, i don't blame the store for not keeping everything locked up so that it's hard to shoplift. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. PWE should've fixed the code to not be so easily exploitable, and they are not totally innocent. But that does not excuse the actions of the people who abused and exploited it, and got the code taken away from everyone else. They are just as much to blame and are in no way innocent regardless of pwe's action or inaction, as it were. And no i'm not referring to the people who got multiple orbs through legitimate problems with the webpage. The imbalance from that falls solely on PWE.

thats exactly my point. there were problems with the webpage. major problems.
    people got 15 orbs already without trying to exploit or whatever.
    and this got reported very very early of the entire case.
    so even without the exploits coming along with it, this would have been very imbalanced for the community. disabling the code "asap" was the right decision but then going to bed and letting us wait so long, just to come up with a witchhunt instead of admiting the own mistakes or fixing the imbalance was just not very professional.

what would be the point of banning or deleting someones account?
    to make an example?
    sorry but when i see the same bots running arund on my server since 6 months now, after multiple repots, when i see players getting full r9 just by npcing a few thousand dreamchaser packs and so on, i cant take such delayed examples serious anymore.
    especially for something that happened unintended for most of us. we all just wanted to get our gift, the result is known.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Faronex - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    thats how it works looks like
    b:pleasedb:laugh
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2013
    i dont want to be rude but under no circumstances will i let my rights be violated even by something such as a terms of use page im sorry i will say something about it i put in a ticket and reported his page already if it upsets you so ban my post but i will say what needs to be said

Freedom of speech gives you the right to say what you want w/o government punishment. Not to violate contracts you willingly entered to with private entities.

This discussion has been closed.