Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Angelldeath - Heavens Tear
    Angelldeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Editing cost of certain fashion set & doing the same on accounts are 2 different things.

They went into people's accounts and removed the coins they got from npcing the fashion though.
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well....that's some baby back bull ****!Now...fix the redeem page so I can at least redeem my code for Forsaken world before that one goes all crazy too! And I have to tell Santa on you guys for being Indian givers! "Oh here pretty shiny code for you! NO JUST KIDDING NO CODE FOR YOU"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so you sit there and time the servers do you? because arch is quite late on alot of the time - so your point is invalid, think yourself lucky any of you got codes , you didnt suffer a roll back, you didnt lose a billion coins through farming during 2x and bh's and everything else did u, no so u stop QQ-ing yourself mate. yeah we got 5x and orbs and we are still gna get compensated some more. enjoy yourself sonny jim b:chuckle

ppl are pissed cause it shoulda only been on archo server
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • bobbyknocker
    bobbyknocker Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lol i proudly refined my r9.3 poleaxe to +10 with my 3 orbs k thx baib:thanks

well according to the orb u cant use it on g16+ but if u can refine r9 etc then yeah i know why people are pissedd lol
    i only made a g14 helm +10 and i dont even plan on using it lol
  • blueelephant69
    blueelephant69 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    Until they said compensation will be messed up like this one, and they'll have to rollback your server again ^^

LOL IKR! then we get more compensation LOL till they get it right b:surrenderb:laugh
  • atlbrother
    atlbrother Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All I did today was working. I came back home to pwi and Everyone got these orbs. 10+-12. I missed it ofc. so *** that :O role back. If everyone cant get it then roll it back for real:S
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mods need to get paid after having to handle this thread. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blueelephant69
    edited November 2013
    well according to the orb u cant use it on g16+ but if u can refine r9 etc then yeah i know why people are pissedd lol

u can use the orbs on BOUND G16 gear buddy. i +10 my bound G16 bow :o b:shocked
  • siresi
    siresi Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I WANT MY Final Compensation - For All (11.22.13 Updated) AS PROMISED!!
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

it worked on g16
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • PainLimit - Morai
    PainLimit - Morai Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lol that's the only type of rolling pwi does http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    ahahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI was unable to identify the goon glitch abusers last time.

Does anyone really believe they will be able to identify the redeem code abusers this time?

I don't.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    foley3k wrote: »
    what constitutes abuse?
    Who draws line to say what is abuse and what isnt?
    What about the people who received more cause they clicked submit extra times cause page was loading slow (poor programming on PWs part, they should have disabled the button upon clicking it)

There are to many variables to take into consideration.

With law, every law is broken down into the objective crime and the subjective intent. In order to be guilty, one must have both objectively commited a crime and subjectively intended to.

The problem you're attempting to point out is that PWI is -literally- just going through data and doing guess work as to who intended to do so and who didn't. And while yes, I'm sure they'll catch plenty of people this way based solely on the patterns of when they got the reward, I can name several people who did succeed in exploiting this but ONLY because A) They didn't want to get left behind or B) they legitimately believed there would be a rollback and thus toyed around with it out of sheer curiousity and a desire to **** around for a bit before the rollback.

In that sense, this solution is poor because for example, I personally know three people who "exploited" this, either accidently or through experimentation, who are 100% in favor of losing all the Orbs they got for a rollback. They didn't expect to actually keep them. These very people will be punished, if PWI truly intends on punishing anyone.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • bobbyknocker
    bobbyknocker Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok fair enough im r9rr+12 so i didnt have any low lvl stuff to try on hence why i made a g14 +10 but yeah ok i know why people are pissed off a bit better now lol
  • blueelephant69
    edited November 2013
    captainr wrote: »
    ppl are pissed cause it shoulda only been on archo server

buddy i know , and everyone on other servers cant seem to understand that they really werent entitled to anything anyways , they were lucky they got a universal code lol. but majority of this raging is other servers QQing lol. its kinda amusing lol. b:laugh
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow really i invite a roll back on my server if i get 5x, free orbs and apparently EVEN MORE free ****. You can take my lousy few mil ive made the past few days. Also ONCE AGAIN anyone who farmed a billion in that few days can go back and do it again. If you make a billion in a few days on this game i dont wanna hear any QQing from you in the first place some ppl struggle to make g16 for crying out loud.
  • Mainac_sin - Lost City
    Mainac_sin - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this last solution is not a good solution , there ppl that didng got any redeem and code is not working
    i prefer to go on pivate server to get my gear end game in a week and have fun on pvp if that not gonna be fixed with better solution
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Mods need to get paid after having to handle this thread. b:shutup

+1 b:thanks
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And the moral of this thread is...

Cheaters always win

and
    If you see an opportunity
    Take it!
    b:pleased

Justice is Blind. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't GM's have the power to delete the excess items and edit people's gear? Though whether they do it or not is a different story. This weekend's NW/TW is going to be hectic.

They probably do have that power.

But do they have the competence to use it? Very doubtful.

And by now, they must all have left the office for the weekend, so enjoy your NW/TW.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • TahBeast - Lost City
    TahBeast - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that quiet enought !
    iam so tired of ur shet , pwi !
    i don'T faking really care about few orbs , or neither how many people getting it / not getting it !
    but really ? u leave it as it be ? there is a reason that u can not do roll back ? split it out , would ya ? we are ur CUSTOMMER , not ur danm Slaves that ain't allow to know anything about wat going on there , for god sake ! yes for first time in my pwi's life , im mad !!
    imma quiit playin this shet ! b:angryb:angry
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Because they're opening their mail. Duh.

ok how do you track down and punish bug abusers that wont open their mail in maybe a month

you cant

its ridicolous

ROLLBACKKKKKKKKKKKKK NOW
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • zirex147
    zirex147 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
    GM you have to do something to fix this, For it is unjust, some won other n
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am disappointed too but I knew I would be from the start. Maybe somewhere at the back of my head I had some hope so it somewhat hit me more than it should.

Moving on I guess...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Milfhound - Harshlands
    Milfhound - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    foley3k wrote: »
    what constitutes abuse?
    Who draws line to say what is abuse and what isnt?
    What about the people who received more cause they clicked submit extra times cause page was loading slow (poor programming on PWs part, they should have disabled the button upon clicking it)

There are to many variables to take into consideration.

On a side not, I can't wait to see how well ARC works hahaha

It's abuse when people that are online receive the benefits, and those that claim "abuse" missed it.

Remember, the GM gave the code to everyone. It's not his/her fault there was a flaw.
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captainr wrote: »
    it worked on g16

Sweet, now I'm absolutely raging, possibly rage quitting.

And you can tell by my 10 toons, one of which is r9rr, that I'm just a casual player they'd be losing...
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • blueelephant69
    edited November 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    PWI was unable to identify the goon glitch abusers last time.

Does anyone really believe they will be able to identify the redeem code abusers this time?

I don't.

yes they can, the reason they say it will take a while is because they are going to have to do it manually, they cant risk another roll back because they will lose more people than QQ-ing on the servers about people on other servers that got a few orbs. ROLLBACK - is there last stop if theres no other choice. there was a problem with arch server and they HAD to rollback , there was no other choice, they had other options here and they said it will take a while which is why i assume they will be manually checking. But think of it this way, the people that abused will sit there and think they got away with it and then maybe a few weeks down the line - BOOM - welcome to a perma ban for abusement.(idk if thats a word - sounds good lol)
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    MY POINT EXACTLY! no other server should of got them in the first place so everyone needs to quit whining and think yourself lucky you got anything . FML.

This would be excellent advice... for those who ACTUALLY GOT SOMETHING!
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    buddy i know , and everyone on other servers cant seem to understand that they really werent entitled to anything anyways , they were lucky they got a universal code lol. but majority of this raging is other servers QQing lol. its kinda amusing lol. b:laugh

yea it shoulda been kept to just arch server but the gms were bein nice and decided to give to every1. yea it was a nice thought but it didnt work out so now ALL of us on ALL the servers are having problems so quit bishing about "only arch deserves blah blah blah"
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And people who could not even use the code? What happend with us? Now we have the people abused the code, the people they claimed 1 time the code and the people who could not claimed the code. All the pwi are unbalanced now, some have alot of advantage.

In anyway the economy of all server are broken now. I think the possible solutions will be:

Option

A.Rollback.
    B.Deleted all bound Ocean Orbs and bam those who used glitch.
    C. Put a npc who sells bound Ocean Orbs (for 1000 coins), make all people +10. Anyway server economy broken, PW lost millions in money. Now the priority is restore the balance in the server, and prevent people rage quit.

b:bye
This discussion has been closed.