What changes would you do to skills?

Options
Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Ok this thread is purely for our own entertainment and something to think about instead of actual suggestions. The main idea is to choose any skill you like and tell how you would change it. Please notice that these changes shouldn't be too OP rather having a goal to balance the class / all classes.

Here is my example:

I'd take barbarian's Frighten and remove the slow debuff from it and add a little magic damage reduce debuff instead.
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Isnt the magic damage reduction a part of Sage Frighten....? Would Sages get a stronger mag. reduction than demons then?

Anyway, for Psychics:

>Demon Sandburst trigger rate raised to 40%
    >Crystal Light
    -Slow reduced to 50%
    -Has a 50% chance to apply a water resistance debuff. Water res. is Reduced by 25~40 (50?)% (Soulforce dependent). Lasts for 20 seconds.
    -Deals Physical damage (?)

>Aqua Canon can be cast without a Target*
    >Red Tide
    Deals both water and physical damage,
    Bleed is affected by Attack Levels/Defense Levels
    Soulforce factor on RT's Bleed is doubled (bleed is among the weakest DoTs ever, seriously)

*Give most classes an AoE or two that they can use without a target to address Stealth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Altar Marrow Magical:

Increased cooldown to 15 seconds. (very important if the last bit was added)

Increase your magical resistance by 180%.
    Decreases your physical resistance by 50%.

Demon/Sage would both have the VERY small chance to add an 'absorb' damage buff to you for 6 seconds, it will absorb 1500 points of damage. (could just change the time/absorbed damage a little bit so sage, and demon can be different. :D) Please also note this skill is still purgable.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    New EP skill called: Server Instability
    lvl 10

costs 200 mp
    3 sparks
    CD- 500 seconds

Casts the light of a thousand fails.
    Resets Archosaur server only back 4 days and removes all +12 orbs from inventory
    has a 40% chance to remove the current CM
    has a 95% chance to start a two week period of 2X drops/spirit/xp

culti requirement: Aware of the Absurd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    New EP skill called: Server Instability
    lvl 10

costs 200 mp
    3 sparks
    CD- 500 seconds

Casts the light of a thousand fails.
    Resets Archosaur server only back 4 days and removes all +12 orbs from inventory
    has a 40% chance to remove the current CM
    has a 95% chance to start a two week period of 2X drops/spirit/xp

culti requirement: Aware of the Absurd

What about the +11 orbs? b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    What about the +11 orbs? b:chuckle

That's a different skill called: Client Instability
    It's in the next expansion dontcha know. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That's a different skill called: Client Instability
    It's in the next expansion dontcha know. b:chuckle

Ohhhhhh! Knew I should have kept an eye on the Chinese forums. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Isnt the magic damage reduction a part of Sage Frighten?....? Would Sages get a stronger mag. reduction than demons then?

Oh yea forgot about sages. Increase for them then.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would want all the constant channel aoe skills like vortex and dragon's breath to be able to be casted without the need of a target.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would only do 2 things.
    I would take Flesh Ream and Devour and remove their Chi requirement.

And all the Barbs went forth and tanked things and stuff, once more, with ease.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I want Inner Harmony for Archers/Wizzies. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Isnt the magic damage reduction a part of Sage Frighten....? Would Sages get a stronger mag. reduction than demons then?

Nope. That's sage roar. Sage frighten has a 33% chance to freeze, demon has 20% chance to stun.
    ____
    I'd reduce all attack skills cooldowns for clerics in Violet Dance mode by 0.5s to 1s.

Also, I'd increase the absorbing shield of bestial rage to 8.5k magic damage absorbed. 4k is meh.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would combine Aqua Cannon and Torrent into a zhen that costs one spark because that's totally logical.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I want Inner Harmony for Archers/Wizzies. b:pleased

Inner Harmony + Awaken? b:shocked

~~~~~

I would buff up Winged Shells sheild a bit. 1k~ damage is a bit lacking in the days of r9rr. Maybe scale it off of Soulfoce so that it dosnt always explode on the first hit you take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would make Frost Scarab only cost 50chi or 35chi.
    Nobody uses it nowadays because it costs one spark and you get little in return from it. I would also increase the damage of it to 200% weapon damage instead of 100%.

I was surprised the upcoming expansion didn't do anything to that skill but instead decided to merge Blazing Scarab into Ironwood. Blazing Scarab was weak but at least it gave decent chi and helped a lot in chi-making during battle as well as maintain macros (those who will choose to learn IronBlaze and lose Blazing Scarab will probably have their macros messed up).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    all skills and all weapons (every classes) for BM cos rly we just haven't enough things to fill our hotbars
  • Surukuvio - Raging Tide
    Surukuvio - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd extend Untamed Wrath's stun time because 2 sec is ridiculously low.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd extend Untamed Wrath's stun time because 2 sec is ridiculously low.

The problem isn't so much the 2s stun, but that you're ~1.5s out of those 2 unable to do anything. Hooray.

I'd reduce cast time and increase stun time as well. 1s cast, 3.5s stun and there you go.
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Winged Elf Archer
    Demon Wings of Protection
    The majestic power of the Winged Race increases nearby squad members' evasion
    by 40% and speed by 15% for 30 minutes. The speed increase does stack with other skills.
    Demon version always increases evasion by 50% and speed by 20%. Also, increases squad members' Critical Hit Chance by 10% for 30 minutes. Critical Hit Chance buff does stack with other skills. Overwrites Sage Wings of Protection.

Sage Wings of Protection
    The majestic power of the Winged Race increases nearby squad members' evasion
    by 40% and speed by 15% for 30 minutes. The speed increase does stack with other skills.
    Sage version always increases evasion and speed duration to 1 hour. Also, increases squad member's Critical Strike Damage by 15%. Critical Strike Damage does not stack with any other skill. Overwrites Demon Wings of Protection.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The amounts of HP or recovery points given by Mystics healing herbs should REALLY be more based on magic attack. Because they are pretty useful in FC when people are level 80-100 with average gears but almost useless for end game.

(This should actually be a real suggestion b:surrender)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Gimme Physical damage on Landslide or Red Tide or something b:cry
  • Infyniti - Raging Tide
    Infyniti - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Have lvl 11 amp be an aoe like sage purge? Although that sounds a bit too OP.. b:shocked
  • /Slash - Lost City
    /Slash - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would give more power to barb's armagedon.

hitting arcane class 50k+ isnt enough :D 100k+ or gtfo b:pleased b:kiss
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Change archers Lvl 79 skill Blessing of the Condor

Currently: Increase own evasion by 1000% for 10 seconds

Change: Increases your chance to evade enemy skills by 25%,and 20% chance to evade negative status effects.. Lasts for 10 seconds
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Violet Dance/Ultraviolet Dance: Cleric can heal. All heals are at 1/3 stregnth due to the aggressive surge of power in the the cleric's body, and all heals take an additional second longer to cast. This way a cleric can still be a cleric in metal mage mode, but need to switch between the two modes to make full use of the situation. (Another implementation would be healing in metal mage mode requires 5 chi per heal...regardless of the heal.) That way clerics can still be fully functional, and be able to switch modes more appropriately.

Physical attack mastery: Increase the power of our physical attacks, just as metal mastery increases the power of our metal based attacks.

Elven flight mastery: Full upgrade of elven flight mastery will add +.2 to any equipped botique wings, and an additional +.3 to haste speed.

Lightning torrent: An additional non chi using metal based AOE...to more appropriately cover the cooldown for razor feathers.

Siren's Kiss: Target centered instead of player centered.

Guardian's Light: Its cooldown is far too long. Especially in the age of G16 nirvana, R9r, Warsong attackers in pvp. 1.5/2 min cooldown means that its not spammable, but it is an efficient "Oh ****" button if the time comes.

Wings of protection: Needs a buff in the amount of damage that it can take. This little shell shatters too easily.

Thunderball: Decrease the cooldown and the channel time to make it stackable. This will at least give it some merit.

Blade Tempest (Cleric Style): Metal plus physical attack combined. Costs 2 sparks. Literally the cleric style version of Blade tempest in every way, except for sheer damage. I don't mind a wizard's Blade tempest hitting for more than mines. Lol. Why this skill? Because I WANT IT!!!!!! Lol.

Heaven's Wrath: It needs to be buffed. Its an obsolete skill once players hit 89 and have triple spark. Once that happens, this skill...which is one of the cleric's level 59 ulti's just sits there virtually unused ever again in any normal situations. This skill needs to be buffed in a way so that it does not overwrite triple spark...or revamped to make another skill entirely.

Inner Harmony: I want it for clerics, same as the sins have it.

Knockback/teleport: Something to escape close ranged combat should it arise. Most other mages/ranged types have some move(s) that they can do.

Stealth Detection: ALL CLASSES. All of us are supposed to be elite warriors. So we should have some insight to an assassin within our range.

Psychic Buffs/debuffs: They should fade with death...just like every other class...and be able to be purified/purged.

Sins: Unable to attack while in stealth. Must remove stealth first. This still gives the sin the element of suprise, but gives other players a better chance of defeating them.

Sins ranged type attacks: Knife throw and teleports: Should NOT exceed the range of that of a mage/archer. Sins are not meant to be ranged attackers, so giving them the ability to be lethal at range isn't good.

I'll come up with more as well. More that I wanted to add on.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Archer's Knockback arrow and wingspan pushes players too.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would make the seeker vortex,
    the original xxxx meters,
    so that it would reach the other side of the TW crystal
    without even moving my behind off my faction spawn platform
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    100% Demon QS proc

Wings of Protection has its own icon

blazing arrow resets timer when cast again

Archers get Tidal
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rapid Growth insta - cast.

Vital Herb cuts all damage received by 50% while the plant is active

Invigorate also decreases channeling time by 10%

Energy Leech instant cast

Pets receive 100% benefit from gears (no seriously, hitting 150 damage to players is a joke)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • TiggerPoo - Raging Tide
    TiggerPoo - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Abolish all of them. are you guys clueless or what. open your wallets morons... b:chuckle
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Make summoning pets half the channeling time. Seriously.

Venomous Scarab needs a DoT now, since Blazing will now cost chi instead of replenish it faster. Did no one think Venomous Scarab to be underpowered? Demon's version excluded xD

Blazing/Ironwood combo seems epic so far.

I'm with Desdi on Frost. Less cost and/or more power. When I got one spark, it's going to my chrono skills.

Noxious Gas... Honestly, I'd like to see another 100% damage boost to it, if its channel is gonna last that long, make it rock the world when it lands >:D

Lucky Scarab seems perfect, but I wanna see that stun work on anything that Roar of the Pride will stun. It's not even an aoe, it deserves that much.

Parasitic Nova... Same as Noxious on the damage up. But also because it's a 2 spark move. Our ultimate needs to be feared.

Make our brambles work in PvP. Again, seriously.

Make Hood and Guard not cancel each other out.

Metabolic Boost and Nature's grace either need shorter cooldowns, or they need to cast a trigger effect much like Cornered Beast, but at the 40% or 50% mark, where it would automatically replenish hp/mp.

Lending Hand seems fine as is.

Fox Form seems fine, too.

However, I think all fox form skills need a weapon damage percent along with the base damage+ extra damage. Make it hurt :D

Fox Wallop/Befuddling Mist combo... as long as it still sprays the spell, I'm game. Wallop really didn't last nearly long enough to even make a difference. I'd swap that out for a spell interrupt any day.

Stunning Blow- I say if it's gonna cost a spark, I want it to spawn me next to the target from long range and THEN immobilize it.

Leech's upgrade seems nice, more hp regeneration and all.

Consume Spirit/Malefic Crush does too, but let's see even more damage since its cooldown got bumped higher. And I wanna keep Malefic Crush's skill animation. It's one of the few that raises attention when people see it.

As far as our curses go, why not let them stack? I don't see enough of them being exceptional to only let one be active at a time.

Amp... It's fine as is. Same with Crush Vigor. It'd be epic if the chi was transferred to the caster though. OP, but cool.

Soul Degeneration... unless it's sage, it's useless. Like Venomous Scarab is, on the other side of the coin. I say let it cast a healing nerf on the opponent.

Purge needs to work on every buff. Even if there's a 30% chance to work on the buffs that it doesn't already wipe.

Bewitch needs to no longer share cooldowns with the other bewitches. Otherwise, why spend the coin and spirit on them? Unless the tiger lasts another second, and the squirrel lastes a second more than that.

And of course, Soul Link and Shatter... Make it PvE also, and either lessen the spark cost to like 50 chi, or make it so the next spell that hits it becomes an aoe, damage and effect. That would make it worth casting. And also, make it stay linked to stealthed opponents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...