Forum and Website Maintenance

Options

Comments

• TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    Hey Everyone - The PWI Forums and website will be going offline for brief periods of time during the next 5 days while we perform some maintenance tasks. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
    Thank you for the notice, synchroze. :)
  • Ceredin - Raging Tide
    Ceredin - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    On the DQ page, I can send items to only one of the several servers I have characters on. Is this part of what's being worked on in the maintenance?

I'm having this issue as well and the only server I can send to is the one I never play on b:sad Its been over 5 days now too >.< Please fill us in pwi.

Also, thank you for all your hard work ^.^
  • IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide
    IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah im also having that issue i wanted to spend DQ points even though they said that it goes down after 11/11/2013 but still nothing happening i cant buy anything from there!!!! Fix this i want my 2 D.S Event Cards
  • Ryuza_ - Raging Tide
    Ryuza_ - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    maint done and page of blessing still broken :D
    Yo~.
  • aromotikos
    aromotikos Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    we wait for blessing page to apear in fb blessing
  • fire73
    fire73 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Any news on the DQ reward page and Facebook Blessing Page??? Since update it's broken can someone fill us in please??
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It works for me o.o;
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Miranah - Lost City
    Miranah - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    `5 days maintenance, well its 3 days over those 5 days and still i cant log in the dq rewards....

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Desdi, wich browser

tried with Firefox - white screen or http error on both. Chrome - is the same.
    Explorer - can get server select on both, but can only select morai server x.x

5 maint days, takeing 8 days or more, i'm not surprised it's pwi, nothing new in that, sadly
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I use chrome. It didn't work yesterday and the day before but it loads for me today.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It works for me o.o;

I had loaded DQ page, but for Morai server only.

Yea, I saw, that I could send some items (may be), but I could not select Raging Tide server.

Edit:
    Though it not work for me again.

Both Facebook Connect and DQ Rewards.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    More people should consider business days (aka weekends don't count) when they're doing this sort of thing.

So that'd be the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 11th (aka today). Now if afterwards it's still screwy then it's fair to say that it's late and still not working properly and all that.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    More people should consider business days (aka weekends don't count) when they're doing this sort of thing.

So that'd be the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 11th (aka today). Now if afterwards it's still screwy then it's fair to say that it's late and still not working properly and all that.

Today is Veterans Day in the US and many companies have the day off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Today is Veterans Day in the US and many companies have the day off.

And that's another good point there.... so that actually makes tomorrow the deadline and kinda makes me groan at all the people who rant about the page being down without having even checked this thread just a bit more.

/headdesk
  • Ceredin - Raging Tide
    Ceredin - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And that's another good point there.... so that actually makes tomorrow the deadline and kinda makes me groan at all the people who rant about the page being down without having even checked this thread just a bit more.

/headdesk

It didn't clarify the next 5 business days, it only said the next 5 days. Whenever i've done business with anyone that referred to business days only, they said exactly that. But thankies for bringing that up b:chuckle Never would have thought unless it said so xD Brings back some hope b:victory
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

If PWI games shut down for the weekend then I would agree with you. They are a company that runs games 24/7. People should be there, especially with all the major **** ups over the past couple of weeks. Like someone said they said next 5 days, not next 5 business days. If they seriously sent people home with all these problems then PWI really doesnt give a rats *** about its player base aka customers.
    NGTUy53.png

• opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It didn't clarify the next 5 business days, it only said the next 5 days. Whenever i've done business with anyone that referred to business days only, they said exactly that. But thankies for bringing that up b:chuckle Never would have thought unless it said so xD Brings back some hope b:victory

That time I was talking more about the... many many people who are asking why it's down and about if others have the same issues and so on and so forth that haven't even attempted to look at this thread yet.

It's kinda like the folks that ask why the servers are down during maint. b:surrender
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

I am not trying to be rude or anything, and I fully understand I may receive 'hate' in reply to this post but still, I feel like this needs to be said.

Again I am sorry OPKossy but quit trying to interpret what they're saying for them... for us. (EDIT: It's one thing to ask us to have patience, issues do inevitably come up and cause things to be delayed, but telling us they meant buisness days, instead of what we actually got... is kind of like... a slap in the face or something like that.)

---

Its one thing if issues arise and prolong/delay the fixes but really they should gives us better updates/warnings on things like this. (A common argument and the truth) Is that not everyone checks the forums, and even of the ones that do, they can't check every single forum/post for 'updates' on issues/warnings about something being removed. (RED MESSAGES... COME BACK! QQ)

EDIT: Besides if you have to include 'buisness days' without weekends you would also need to include holiday's. (Today is veterans day after all... albeit it is a smaller holiday... but it is on the calendar that effects the flow of things so to speak. (EDIT 2: So not trying to say it is any less important.. in fact its the most important 'holiday' as it is more of a day of remembrance/giving thank to those men and women who fought in wars for the US.)

Again things do happen, but letting us know to expect further delays would be EXTREMELY nice... though not a complete necessity... still letting us know will do wonders! (EDIT: I of course mean letting us know without having to do some rather extensive, and out of the way searches for the information that we all want to know.... that is what would work wonders.)

---

EDIT: Oops now I see all the posts before mine.. nevermind me... *runs in circles*
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I am not trying to be rude or anything, and I fully understand I may receive 'hate' in reply to this post but still, I feel like this needs to be said.

Again I am sorry OPKossy but quit trying to interpret what they're saying for them... for us. (EDIT: It's one thing to ask us to have patience, issues do inevitably come up and cause things to be delayed, but telling us they meant buisness days, instead of what we actually got... is kind of like... a slap in the face or something like that.)

---

Its one thing if issues arise and prolong/delay the fixes but really they should gives us better updates/warnings on things like this. (A common argument and the truth) Is that not everyone checks the forums, and even of the ones that do, they can't check every single forum/post for 'updates' on issues/warnings about something being removed. (RED MESSAGES... COME BACK! QQ)

EDIT: Besides if you have to include 'buisness days' without weekends you would also need to include holiday's. (Today is veterans day after all... albeit it is a smaller holdiay... but it is on the calendar that effects the flow of things so to speak.)

Again things do happen, but letting us know to expect further delays would be EXTREMELY nice... though not a complete necessity... still letting us know will do wonders!
    ---

Says 5 days, and it is common knowlege that PWI is closed avaiable on weekends and holdiays, so this is about what I expected as well. It has always been business days with PWI, since at least as far back as I started playing. Which is before even genies. Maintenance has always been posted on the forums, in the general discussion stickies. So you don't need to read every post or every reply, in general discussion. This is where I looked before i even started posting on the forums at all. Players who refuse to look for maintenance where they have let us know they are doing maintenance for over half a decade are doing themselves a disservice. I mean I can see that even as early as September of 2008 which is game launch, this is where they tell us they are having maintenace. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=54692&highlight=maintenance So even older players should look here for that reason only. Even if most of them don't have much of a need or desire to come here. I can definitely see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. In addition, this was also posted on the facebook page. I suppose they could've also written a blog, but really they have notified us of this issue. They have let us know it would be down. And it has not yet passed the time we can reasonably expect it to be up based on their typical timetables. There is a good possibility is delayed OFC, maybe they really did mean until Friday and they having issues. We wouldn't have an answer to that queston until they come into work really. It's not ideal, but it is how it has always been. I can't see that changing when we don't even have a dedicated CM and have to share with other games.

The DQ points being removed was communicated extremely poorly. The lack of communication and GM silence on the issue, led us to believe that first GM communication was the real one. And that they would be getting rid of the points sooner rather than later. Maybe they didn't have all the information yet and couldn't make a blog post. But a warning to let us know that it we should save our DQ points would've been nice. Instead of saying "we're getting rid of all your points, k bye" and then disappaering for a few days. THe first GM communciation turned out tbe a headsup, not a final warning. Which is unusual in the first place. And that's a huge problem. Because it wasn't typical, and because they were silent for so long, many players spent points in a way they regret now. The problems with the east coast servers have been numerous this week. And it took longer than it should have for us to receive communication. So there are plenty of real examples right now of poor communication. Complaining about maintenance being on-going when they told us it would be, isn't one of those imo. I'd like to see more of this (given us a real timetable so we know to expect downtime, and when to start complaining if it is late), and less of the other examples. Instead of them underestimating how long it was going to be down, letting us know it was going to be down for several days. That type of thing. Just my two cents.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fyto5bouzouki
    fyto5bouzouki Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What going on with DQ wy so low rate GM?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What going on with DQ wy so low rate GM?

Because your luck is terrible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Says 5 days, and it is common knowlege that PWI is closed avaiable on weekends and holdiays, so this is about what I expected as well. It has always been business days with PWI, since at least as far back as I started playing. Which is before even genies. Maintenance has always been posted on the forums, in the general discussion stickies. So you don't need to read every post or every reply, in general discussion. This is where I looked before i even started posting on the forums at all. Players who refuse to look for maintenance where they have let us know they are doing maintenance for over half a decade are doing themselves a disservice. I mean I can see that even as early as September of 2008 which is game launch, this is where they tell us they are having maintenace. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=54692&highlight=maintenance So even older players should look here for that reason only. Even if most of them don't have much of a need or desire to come here. I can definitely see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. In addition, this was also posted on the facebook page. I suppose they could've also written a blog, but really they have notified us of this issue. They have let us know it would be down. And it has not yet passed the time we can reasonably expect it to be up based on their typical timetables. There is a good possibility is delayed OFC, maybe they really did mean until Friday and they having issues. We wouldn't have an answer to that queston until they come into work really. It's not ideal, but it is how it has always been. I can't see that changing when we don't even have a dedicated CM and have to share with other games.

The DQ points being removed was communicated extremely poorly. The lack of communication and GM silence on the issue, led us to believe that first GM communication was the real one. And that they would be getting rid of the points sooner rather than later. Maybe they didn't have all the information yet and couldn't make a blog post. But a warning to let us know that it we should save our DQ points would've been nice. Instead of saying "we're getting rid of all your points, k bye" and then disappaering for a few days. THe first GM communciation turned out tbe a headsup, not a final warning. Which is unusual in the first place. And that's a huge problem. Because it wasn't typical, and because they were silent for so long, many players spent points in a way they regret now. The problems with the east coast servers have been numerous this week. And it took longer than it should have for us to receive communication. So there are plenty of real examples right now of poor communication. Complaining about maintenance being on-going when they told us it would be, isn't one of those imo. I'd like to see more of this (given us a real timetable so we know to expect downtime, and when to start complaining if it is late), and less of the other examples. Instead of them underestimating how long it was going to be down, letting us know it was going to be down for several days. That type of thing. Just my two cents.

:$ I so wasnt meaning that we had to look in depth for maintenance thread I am aware that is posted as a sticky. <3 I meant other things like for example the post by synchroze in an (arguably) unofficial post on these forums on page 19... how is the average forumer suppose to even find that? Especially if it is their first time here. (EDIT: It is a pain having to come to the forums every tuesday night (my time) looking to see if there is a maint so I can plan my events for the night... better... I am fairly sure I am not the only one annoyed by that. Though yes obviously there are people that are fine with it. The maint was quite a weak example, but still having to come to the forums to find out in enough time to do something about it... hasn't exactly been fun... I know its been out for a while... I think I was just holding out... or hoping like hell that it would eventually return... but alas it hasn't... and that lack of true warning (in game warning) coupled with the recent events with hard to find 'updates' as to what it is going on/why the game is down is really starting to take it's toll on people, or at the very least it has for me.)

Edit: I am aware they have notfied us a little, but making it so hard to find, (i realize this may not be completely intentional.. but still... if it was easier to find less people would complain about it) not to mention making us have to come to the forums to find out if there is a maint or not... is just getting rather old imo. (sure others can warn you/us in world chat/in game, but still... I do miss the days of the red messages.)

Also if they would have said 'buisness' days in their original post I wouldn't have snapped/question it as I did. <3 Their communication with us as of late has been shaky at best. I so miss the days where it told us maint was coming in game (those red messages alerting us to it)

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Also if they would have said 'buisness' days in their original post I wouldn't have snapped/question it as I did. <3 Their communication with us as of late has been shaky at best. I so miss the days where it told us maint was coming in game (those red messages alerting us to it)
    It's a business. Why wouldn't you assume business days? Just because you can play the servers, does not mean the devs are working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Penot__ - Harshlands
    __Penot__ - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    When will O'malley and Jones Blessings work again. I sthere anyway to get them in the meantime?

When it did not work before there was a facebook link we could go to.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's a business. Why wouldn't you assume business days? Just because you can play the servers, does not mean the devs are working.

On the last part I am well aware of that. << xd lol

The first part... you do know what they say about assumptions right? They make an you know what out of U and me. They could avoid a LOT of confusion if they have stated buisness days... OFFICIALLY instead of having to get a mod to 'interpret' for them. (Which I am not saying he isn't wrong.... still he is just a forum mod... ergo it just seems quite unofficial.)

• opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    instead of having to get a mod to 'interpret' for them. (Which I am not saying he isn't wrong.... still he is just a forum mod...

I'm a she dammit. You know what they say about assumptions! b:laugh

(Before anyone jumps me who isn't involved, I am a female, and I am also playing around with Silvaf. I get to have fun too!)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm a she dammit. You know what they say about assumptions! b:laugh

(Before anyone jumps me who isn't involved, I am a female, and I am also playing around with Silvaf. I get to have fun too!)

:$ I am sorry. *beats self up* f:ouch Blame me all my fault, I am a nab. :P... You can punish me for it later. b:mischievous

In case I wasnt clear which I am fairly sure I wasn't, I so didnt mean any offense for you trying to correct them... usually it is business days. Still if they hadn't left us up in the air and allow us to make assumptions on what they meant a lot of confusion would have been avoided. :$

• opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah it's totally understandable. It's pretty often that people mention how the mods are more active/communicate more/etc than the GMs too.

Wouldn't be the first time that the wording on one of these things has been unclear or left people confused, which is why I tried to clarify it. Of course... if it wasn't a holiday so I could have had one of them back me up, that would have helped both them and me but alas!
  • Argenesis - Raging Tide
    Argenesis - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It should be up today. Nothing yet, though. I don't know what time it is at their office, though, si I won't judge too harshly just yet.
    My avatar won't update, I'm not level 38, I swear. b:surrender

Finally 100, now using r8 to farm my t3.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It should be up today. Nothing yet, though. I don't know what time it is at their office, though, si I won't judge too harshly just yet.
    It's 2:30pm at their US office, and if history is any indicator, they are almost never on time.. whether it be a fix, or an event.