Do mystics have a lack of skill on your server?

Options

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    But I still like having bramble in PVP b:thanks

Bramble doesn't work in PVP just saying...

For the rest, in GV/Delta/RB I do GF and there's no one that ever told me to don't do it, I have sage GF, people even complain that it kill mobs too fast and they cry that they don't have time to touch a mob.

In Lunar I do not GF unless I see that someone gonna die, it really depend on the squad, if it's a squad of R9rr+10 with 20k HP I'll not do it, but if it's a squad with random 5k hp than I'll do it cause it will save squad wipe.

Same for Warsong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Bramble doesn't work in PVP just saying...

Odd, bramble's saved me plenty in TW and NW, or maybe im just not paying enough attention.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Odd, bramble's saved me plenty in TW and NW, or maybe im just not paying enough attention.

PVP=/=TW

NW is a event, not purely PVP. (With that map it's a contest of who enter and leave the most wars xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Instanced pvp only; no bramble in open world pk
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    PVP=/=TW

NW is a event, not purely PVP. (With that map it's a contest of who enter and leave the most wars xD)

ahhh, i make a distinction between pk and pvp lol, thats where the derp came from xD
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was obviously speaking about TW (or NW).
    I agree that PVP is not only TW/NW/"other PVP events" and I agree that bramble doesn't work in open world PVP so I could have been more precise (I suppose everyone already knows that anyway).
    However saying "bramble doesn't work in P(layer)V(s)P(layer)" is more false than writing "I like having bramble in PVP" according to me (since it clearly did help me a lot sometimes in PVP events)
    Not a big deal though...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I suppose everyone already knows that anyway.

Nop, you'd be surprise to know that a lot of people don't know that, even on PVP servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• HeavenxDoom - Lost City
    HeavenxDoom - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I was obviously speaking about TW (or NW).
    I agree that PVP is not only TW/NW/"other PVP events" and I agree that bramble doesn't work in open world PVP so I could have been more precise (I suppose everyone already knows that anyway).
    However saying "bramble doesn't work in P(layer)V(s)P(layer)" is more false than writing "I like having bramble in PVP" according to me (since it clearly did help me a lot sometimes in PVP events)
    Not a big deal though...

there a lot of ppl who would love to let bramble be usefull in world pvp

nw and tw is not pvp for me but more like a event
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    there a lot of ppl who would love to let bramble be usefull in world pvp

nw and tw is not pvp for me but more like a event

It's PvP no matter how you consider it. PvP=Player Vs Player. PK mode is a different story. Bramble works in PvP instances but not openworld PK.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle i think archo got 1 yes 1 decent skilled mystic the rest suck
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    dreamweaver has a few, i'm not the best mystic but i do my best, and usualy i get complements on it. I also powerleveled this mystic, but my first one i didn't so i learned the class very well, sadly my first mystic is no longer here R.I.P Krazyeye$
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Reading through this topic... wow. Just wow.
    You know, I see one of the reasons why factions exist is for people to pass on their skills. Me, I'm a noob. I admit it. My highest level character at the moment is 80, I've been playing for less then 2 months... but reading through this topic I question whether or not this game actually -has- people who want to show others how to improve. My attempt at Mystic thus far has revolved mainly on small party activity, using repeated NV/AS to damage deal a bit, and be a backup healer in case AOEs hit (mainly by plopping down the Vital Herb after an AOE hits). My favorite summon thus far depends on the task I'm doing. Storm/Cragger against "?" level bosses, Chihyu against standard mobs (on defensive, auto attack with stun - I can send it manually to attack mobs that the tank has lost aggro with before those get at a cleric or other squishy DD). I'm willing to learn new tactics, preferably by observing what works. Thing is, there appear to be very few people interested in teaching/strengthening their own team that way, even with players who have no interest in remaining noobs...

Sentiments I've read here suggest this community tends to be a bit elitist, demanding everyone to learn by osmosis. Not good, doesn't always work that way.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You may be right... But I also see that you play on Morai server and, as you probably have noticed, there are not a lot of mystics on that server (I'm not even talking about good - or bad - mystics but just about the number of mystics there)

Personnaly what I could say just after reading you is :
    1) In PVE I only use Absorb Soul on mag resistance mobs or if i don't want to take aggro.
    2) I never use cragg on any boss

I don't pretend to be an expert though, so maybe some people will disagree.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Might seem like an elitism to some but as a barb I can tell you how hard time it can be to kill th mobs in Delta or Warsong or Lunar if someone constantly keeps pushing the mobs with gale force and/or thicket and how a befuddling creeper may cause Snake die too slow and go all frenzy on the squad in some situations. With some squad sets it is essential everyone know their job so the run goes smooth enough (too smooth would be boring but you know, smooth enough to succeed without raging).
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    For creeper on Snake in WS, I would say that it obvisously depends on the squad composition
    For GF in delta it will depend on the squad composition AND the level/gear of the mystic.

I agree that everyone should learn and play his role but people also need to adapt to each situation. For example I saw weak barbs using aggro skills to take aggro from me in situations where I have as many HP as them and better defense...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @Zoldi: I've found that using Cragger on the TT bosses (and presumably against any "?" level being, such as the Archosaur Assault bosses and mobs) can be highly effective, but it does require a bit of micromanagement... Cragger needs to use it's abilities as often as it can for maximum damage potential. But it out-DDs anything I've seen thus far in the short time it exists, easily taking a 250K chunk out of such a boss - and I'm nowhere near geared or leveled to the max. It is aggro-safe damage too - the Cragger itself will draw aggro if anything, but that aggro doesn't transfer to the Mystic afterward, allowing the tank to easily regain aggro once the Cragger times out. So this skill can also be useful if your tank is in trouble or your main healer went down.

[Edit] @Colum: Learning your role is important, yes. But you only learn through experiences, so being excluded isn't really helpful in that regard. Me, if I'm told "hey, don't use the befuddler, it screws up my own debuff" I'll immediately switch to either the Spidervine or even the Punishing Sting to cancel the Befuddler. If the party communicates I'm doing something wrong, I fix it.

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @Zoldi: I've found that using Cragger on the TT bosses (and presumably against any "?" level being, such as the Archosaur Assault bosses and mobs) can be highly effective, but it does require a bit of micromanagement... Cragger needs to use it's abilities as often as it can for maximum damage potential. But it out-DDs anything I've seen thus far in the short time it exists, easily taking a 250K chunk out of such a boss - and I'm nowhere near geared or leveled to the max. It is aggro-safe damage too - the Cragger itself will draw aggro if anything, but that aggro doesn't transfer to the Mystic afterward, allowing the tank to easily regain aggro once the Cragger times out. So this skill can also be useful if your tank is in trouble or your main healer went down.

For me Cragg has two main disadvantages which explain why I don't use it on "?" bosses :
    * Lasts only 20 seconds (this is one of the very rare sage books that I still don't have, and to be honest this is clearly not a priority).Then you need to resummon mistress, so I prefer keeping the mistress out as long as I can.
    * 2 sparks... I prefer gathering one more in order to triple spark, this seems more efficient to me on a unique target even for a "?" boss. Maybe this is related to my stuff though...

Regarding aggro, this could indeed be a really good reason to use it when you need to avoid taking aggro back, but usually, when I run TT, I'm the one who tanks, so I can't see that as an advantage in my situation (could rather be one more disadvantage in my case)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Might seem like an elitism to some but as a barb I can tell you how hard time it can be to kill th mobs in Delta or Warsong or Lunar if someone constantly keeps pushing the mobs with gale force and/or thicket and how a befuddling creeper may cause Snake die too slow and go all frenzy on the squad in some situations. With some squad sets it is essential everyone know their job so the run goes smooth enough (too smooth would be boring but you know, smooth enough to succeed without raging).

It's not always the mystics, I see BMs, Archers, psy and other class do that. In GV (Delta/RB) I always used GF and never got complain about it, I even see people complain about the mystics that don't GF in GV, but that one seems to be different depending on servers.

In WS and Lunar it's situational, if I'm with a good squad I won't use GF, but if the squad have some squishy or people are about to die than I'll use it to save people. I did a Lunar run a while ago with people that was squishy and I did GF all the run and the BM did pm me saying ''thx and good job, that totally saved us''.

Mystic is a class that is versatile, but also need to adapt the play style to every squad, some squad it's needed to GF, while others it's not, but it's why there's so many bad mystics, they play their char one way and do it the same way with all the squads.

In my opinion GF is situational for WS and Lunar, but in GV a mystic not using it is fail. Unless the mystic use a lvl 1 wand he do more damage on all mobs than a barb do on one mob, a mystic with a decent weapon and lucky break one shot the mobs in GV.

And to be honest I hate having barb in GV, I would take a mystic over a barb (or any class for that matter), I don't blame barb for that, but except the buffs barb doesn't have much more use anymore. They cannot hold aggro on anything and any class with decent gears can pull in Lunar, WS (pulling is not needed in GV in my opinion).

[Edit] @Colum: Learning your role is important, yes. But you only learn through experiences, so being excluded isn't really helpful in that regard. Me, if I'm told "hey, don't use the befuddler, it screws up my own debuff" I'll immediately switch to either the Spidervine or even the Punishing Sting to cancel the Befuddler. If the party communicates I'm doing something wrong, I fix it.

Don't forget Evryn that you are still what we consider a low lvl, there's skills you don't have yet, later on you will realize that Cragg is almost never used, on a boss spark+ using mistress is better than using Cragg. At your lvl maybe Cragg do more damage than you if you spark, but more you will lvl and get better weapons more you will realize that the sparks are better use if you spark beside use them on Cragg.

There's 2 instances (lvl100+) where I use Cragg and it's situational, I'll usually spark and use GF, but if the squad is mainly BMs, Sins and melees I'll use Cragg so I don't silence the mobs with GF, but that's all, at lvl 100 spark+GF and other skills do more damage than Cragg.

There's a npc in Archosaur call Smooth antoine, for 20k he spawn a mob that you can test damage on (the mob stay for 5 minutes and doesn't attack you).

Just test different things on it, try Cragg on it than after try to 2 spark and check the damage difference, also as I said you don'thave yet all skills and debuff, at lvl89 you will get your 3 spark skill, at lvl95 there's thhe buff invigorate that you can get that give you 20% more damage on your skills damage which doesn't affect summons, also at lvl100 there's lucky break that make the next hit crit.

Mystic is a class that often more people lvl more they realize they was playing it wrong at low lvl, but you will probably need to wait to be lvl100 to realize those things. Just a example: Many mystics think they can play mystic like veno and use devil or other summons as tank, it do work at low lvl, but later on mystic cannot do that.

For the plant you should not use Befuddling Creeper unless there's no other class that can debuff, don't wait people to ask you to don't do it, cause they they will be mad at you and think you suck.

Mystics have the lowest p.def and m.def debuff in the game, so if you have a barb, veno, bm or cleric in squad that debuff don't use Befuddling Creeper, cause if you use it you cancelled their debuff and for class like BM and veno their debuff cost them chi (2 sparks for the BM). Use Befuddling Creeper if there's no other class that can debuff or if really no one is debuffing, BM won't always do it cause 2 sparks is a lot and can be use on other skills, a lot of clerics suck and are to stupid to debuff even if they are not in BB, but usually veno and barb do debuff.

You just need to learn what class can debuff and the %, but mystic have the lowest, i personally use Befuddling Creeper only if I solo a boss or in a instance call GV (Delta/RB).

So as I said you are still low lvl, it's normal that you are still learning and making experiences, but I'm telling you, at lvl100 you won't play like you do now. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Very true, you learn through experience. What about the moment when you friendly tell them to stop overwriting my debuffs and they REFUSE to listen? What about then when you see the same mystics to push back mobs in bad situations for it over and over and over again? b:surrender There's only a handful of mystics who listen.
    For creeper on Snake in WS, I would say that it obvisously depends on the squad composition
    For GF in delta it will depend on the squad composition AND the level/gear of the mystic.

I agree that everyone should learn and play his role but people also need to adapt to each situation. For example I saw weak barbs using aggro skills to take aggro from me in situations where I have as many HP as them and better defense...

Of course it does depend but my examples are meant for the parts where they bring only harm to the squad.
    It's not always the mystics, I see BMs, Archers, psy and other class do that. In GV (Delta/RB) I always used GF and never got complain about it, I even see people complain about the mystics that don't GF in GV, but that one seems to be different depending on servers.

I've seen barbs, archers and others do it as well but usually it is more rare and I always note about it. Archers and mystics are the most ignorant ones that usually refuse to stop it.

GV can be quite bad if you're a mystic along sin, two BMs and a barb for example, ESPECIALLY if DDs are weak and I as a barb deal most damage to the mobs. Magic mos also hurt if they get pushed into distance and I got to drag them back into the zhen again. It does depend of the squad build, though. lvl 11 vortex seekers shouldnt have too bad issues w/ GF but barbs and BMs do.

In WS and Lunar it's situational, if I'm with a good squad I won't use GF, but if the squad have some squishy or people are about to die than I'll use it to save people. I did a Lunar run a while ago with people that was squishy and I did GF all the run and the BM did pm me saying ''thx and good job, that totally saved us''.

I think I did mention somewhere that everything is always situational and I do realise it. Sadly I run into bad use of skills more often and not only mystics do this, every single class has their cases. I have, however, seen more bad mystic squadplay vs any other class except maybe barbarian and this all keeping in mind that there are less mystics than others.

Mystic is a class that is versatile, but also need to adapt the play style to every squad, some squad it's needed to GF, while others it's not, but it's why there's so many bad mystics, they play their char one way and do it the same way with all the squads.

Think I also addressed this somewhere

In my opinion GF is situational for WS and Lunar, but in GV a mystic not using it is fail. Unless the mystic use a lvl 1 wand he do more damage on all mobs than a barb do on one mob, a mystic with a decent weapon and lucky break one shot the mobs in GV.

And to be honest I hate having barb in GV, I would take a mystic over a barb (or any class for that matter), I don't blame barb for that, but except the buffs barb doesn't have much more use anymore. They cannot hold aggro on anything and any class with decent gears can pull in Lunar, WS (pulling is not needed in GV in my opinion).

That is sage barbs. Demon sunder (100% critrate for 5 secs) + demon armageddon with decent gears = most mobs dead. Most barbs I see in my cleric's or mystic's squad do not seem to use their AOEs right and that is their fault but yes a barb CAN be useful in GV.

Don't forget Evryn that you are still what we consider a low lvl, there's skills you don't have yet, later on you will realize that Cragg is almost never used, on a boss spark+ using mistress is better than using Cragg. At your lvl maybe Cragg do more damage than you if you spark, but more you will lvl and get better weapons more you will realize that the sparks are better use if you spark beside use them on Cragg.

There's 2 instances (lvl100+) where I use Cragg and it's situational, I'll usually spark and use GF, but if the squad is mainly BMs, Sins and melees I'll use Cragg so I don't silence the mobs with GF, but that's all, at lvl 100 spark+GF and other skills do more damage than Cragg.

There's a npc in Archosaur call Smooth antoine, for 20k he spawn a mob that you can test damage on (the mob stay for 5 minutes and doesn't attack you).

Just test different things on it, try Cragg on it than after try to 2 spark and check the damage difference, also as I said you don'thave yet all skills and debuff, at lvl89 you will get your 3 spark skill, at lvl95 there's thhe buff invigorate that you can get that give you 20% more damage on your skills damage which doesn't affect summons, also at lvl100 there's lucky break that make the next hit crit.

Mystic is a class that often more people lvl more they realize they was playing it wrong at low lvl, but you will probably need to wait to be lvl100 to realize those things. Just a example: Many mystics think they can play mystic like veno and use devil or other summons as tank, it do work at low lvl, but later on mystic cannot do that.

For the plant you should not use Befuddling Creeper unless there's no other class that can debuff, don't wait people to ask you to don't do it, cause they they will be mad at you and think you suck.

Mystics have the lowest p.def and m.def debuff in the game, so if you have a barb, veno, bm or cleric in squad that debuff don't use Befuddling Creeper, cause if you use it you cancelled their debuff and for class like BM and veno their debuff cost them chi (2 sparks for the BM). Use Befuddling Creeper if there's no other class that can debuff or if really no one is debuffing, BM won't always do it cause 2 sparks is a lot and can be use on other skills, a lot of clerics suck and are to stupid to debuff even if they are not in BB, but usually veno and barb do debuff.

You just need to learn what class can debuff and the %, but mystic have the lowest, i personally use Befuddling Creeper only if I solo a boss or in a instance call GV (Delta/RB).

So as I said you are still low lvl, it's normal that you are still learning and making experiences, but I'm telling you, at lvl100 you won't play like you do now. =)
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Barbs should be great at AoE, and multi-mob aggro now. Most are just lazy and or play like sins because people tolerate it.
    Don't forget Evryn that you are still what we consider a low lvl, there's skills you don't have yet, later on you will realize that Cragg is almost never used, on a boss spark+ using mistress is better than using Cragg.

I like it to cut some time off of soloing lunar bosses, or the first snake fist in warsong. I'm sure there are many other occasions it could be deemed useful (Basically [?] bosses that would 1-2 shot your other pets).

Not true: mystic summons don't make efficient tanks even at low level.

It's not about percents: Mystic's is AoE, sustainable, and doesn't cost chi (suited for multiple targets). BM's Glacial Spike isn't spammable, and the demon version is half used for the crit bonus. -None-the-less: BMs will primarily use HF instead unless there are multiple BMs in squad. Barbs can't mdef or aoe def debuff; so it's squad dependent. Many clerics won't bother because it also debuffs themselves.

Constantly learning should be the way to play.

Use of Gale Force is very situational. I think we're at the point that most people realize a quick tab-> attack is most often worth the trouble GF causes.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    <<-- lvl87 mystic, so still a noob.

I can solo heal almost any squad of lvl80 people through bh79.

Bh69? Well, if the tank has loads of hp and can hold aggro, can just about manage. But without a purge, it is very hard. Pole's aoe kills vital herb straight away and even scrags salvation when I send her in to rebuff the tank.

But then part of the problem is that other squad members aren't using their skills to cancel the Boss's skill channeling. Nothing the mystic can do about that apart from heal the tank and shout at the little squishies (usually lower-level sins) to keep back. Then watch them be caught in the AOE and die.

Seen mystics who don't even keep up their own ress buff, let alone other squad members. Ran bh59 with one who wouldn't give my BM the ress buff "Why should I burn my MP for you?" was their response. I'm sure the repair bill on a BM is higher than the cost of pots for one cast of the ress buff.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Seen mystics who don't even keep up their own ress buff, let alone other squad members. Ran bh59 with one who wouldn't give my BM the ress buff "Why should I burn my MP for you?" was their response. I'm sure the repair bill on a BM is higher than the cost of pots for one cast of the ress buff.

BMs for some reason will typically ask for buffs they don't need from people they have yet to buff; at least on HT. More people need to start paying for their mistakes. 4 AA's in BH SoT wiped on the boss, not once; but twice! The cleric actually revived them so they'll probably never learn. Waste your mp if you want, but if they can't be bothered to wait a little while or show up promptly; I'm not into babying them.
  • Hayward - Dreamweaver
    Hayward - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    And all this ****, is why I only run with faction, or solo. Randoms just prove to be idiots. Bh59 for example, while mp costly, can be solo'd by mystic during their 70s, and often times faster than an entire squad.

Example: 6 man squad, 5 goes to ofotis, I as mystic (not needed ofo, and have cleric in party with the main group) go to Qianji, clear the path, get her down to 200k hp...before the rest of the squad gets there.

Mystics are also great DDs. With leech, spark, rapid growth, and lucky break combos, they can get insane attack power, and great crit for a caster.

My mystic's crit rivals that of some archers and sins...in g16 and/or r9rr. I have close to 20% base crit, and leeching chiyhu...another 30%. The only class I can't generally out crit are sage archers...for obvious reasons.

Also, rather than going sage on my mystic, for the obvious 25% purify with break in the clouds, mine's demon. 35% purify on comforting mist...and an extra 35% freeze chance with gale. I don't deal with whining about gale ever, and I have enough -chan, with my critty gear, to have a decent speed comforting mist, with higher purify chance.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    And all this ****, is why I only run with faction, or solo. Randoms just prove to be idiots. Bh59 for example, while mp costly, can be solo'd by mystic during their 70s, and often times faster than an entire squad.

Example: 6 man squad, 5 goes to ofotis, I as mystic (not needed ofo, and have cleric in party with the main group) go to Qianji, clear the path, get her down to 200k hp...before the rest of the squad gets there.

Mystics are also great DDs. With leech, spark, rapid growth, and lucky break combos, they can get insane attack power, and great crit for a caster.

My mystic's crit rivals that of some archers and sins...in g16 and/or r9rr. I have close to 20% base crit, and leeching chiyhu...another 30%. The only class I can't generally out crit are sage archers...for obvious reasons.

Also, rather than going sage on my mystic, for the obvious 25% purify with break in the clouds, mine's demon. 35% purify on comforting mist...and an extra 35% freeze chance with gale. I don't deal with whining about gale ever, and I have enough -chan, with my critty gear, to have a decent speed comforting mist, with higher purify chance.
    That seal on GF may be somewhat of a PVE annoyance (esp in Lunar and a couple WS paths) but it's quite useful in PVP. Especially against ranged people (or a BM with reel/ranged skills) only paralyze (which sage has as well) will do basically jack ****, whereas a seal will buy you time to heal, attack, debuff, run away, etc.

Also, I never see demon mystics using comforting mist, esp in PVP. Break is their most powerful heal spell, makes no sense to waste time using long channeling AOE heal spell, especially if you ever get channeling debuffed (incarcarate, NW bridge battle towers, random skills that debuff channeling), just for that low of odds of purify. A mystic will get killed using that. Hence why I just about never see mystics using it. This has an eerily similar tune to it of clerics who just mindlessly spam chromatic.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Also, rather than going sage on my mystic, for the obvious 25% purify with break in the clouds, mine's demon. 35% purify on comforting mist... and I have enough -chan, with my critty gear, to have a decent speed comforting mist, with higher purify chance.

I like how demon never mention that the 35% of purify is not 100% AOE, 35% on each person, from what demon mystics of my server told me it usually purify 2 people in the squad, if really lucky 3 and never the ones that need it the most.

You guys should stop to pretend it's 35% to purify the squad, some people did go demon for that skill thinking it's AOE cause you ''pro'' demon never mention that it's random.

Yes demon have35% chance to purify with comforting mist, but it's random, you don't chose who you purify and it doesn't purify the whole squad.

BitC have only 25% chance to proc, but we can chose who we purify and without lying I feel like it was more 50% than 25%, usually the second or third cast I get the purify, plus healing, plus it work on people not in squad. (Which is great in NW if the flag carrier is not in your squad, but in trouble)

This has an eerily similar tune to it of clerics who just mindlessly spam chromatic.

I think that too, mystics that ''spam'' CM are pretty much like clerics spamming CHB. In PVE or PVP, sage or demon, mystics almost never us CM cause it's too slow, people will have time to die before the person finish to cast it and the purify is random it could purify people that don't even need it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Options
    BitC have only 25% chance to proc, but we can chose who we purify and without lying I feel like it was more 50% than 25%, usually the second or third cast I get the purify, plus healing, plus it work on people not in squad. (Which is great in NW if the flag carrier is not in your squad, but in trouble)

So true... and in addition to that, this skill is so fast ! Actually if you want to purify someone you're pretty sure to do it in just a few seconds
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited November 2013
    Options

Situational again. If you have a cleric in party then throw the resbuff on the cleric, not on the rest of the party. Cleric revive is better then the Mystic resbuff if both are available. But clerics can't revive themselves easily, so it's a handy safeguard for them. As for the MP: Meditate to regain MP if needed - the BM can go punch something without healing or reduced DD meanwhile. That buff has a bit of a cooldown though, so if it's been cast recently, don't expect a second one.

If you don't have a cleric in party, the entire party should be resbuffed. Which will cost a bit of mana - apo powders (boost mana regen for 10 minutes) are useful to quickly regain mana for these situations. The resbuff, contrary to advertised, lasts 30 minutes so you should be able to run most lower instances with just one casting. Provided people stay alive.

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's actually best to simply ask. Sometimes having the whole squad with ress buff is better than having to wait for the cleric to revive everyone, especially mid-fight.

In lvl100+ squads a lot of people often carry GS with them because they are leveling so in that case, it makes no difference. There are also people who don't care about leveling or are not too worried about losing EXP etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Idk, yesterday I watched a duel between a +12 wep, +10 armor R9rr mystic and a +7 wep, +7 armor R9rr barb, and the mystic lost twice. The fight was so one-sided and ended so quick that the barb told the mystic, "Don't worry, you're getting buffs in December" b:irritated. I was very disappointed to say the least, as I was looking forward to seeing how well a R9rr +12 mystic would perform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Idk, yesterday I watched a duel between a +12 wep, +10 armor R9rr mystic and a +7 wep, +7 armor R9rr barb, and the mystic lost twice. The fight was so one-sided and ended so quick that the barb told the mystic, "Don't worry, you're getting buffs in December" b:irritated. I was very disappointed to say the least, as I was looking forward to seeing how well a R9rr +12 mystic would perform.

R9rr+12=/=Skilled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]