Do mystics have a lack of skill on your server?

124»

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Idk, yesterday I watched a duel between a +12 wep, +10 armor R9rr mystic and a +7 wep, +7 armor R9rr barb, and the mystic lost twice. The fight was so one-sided and ended so quick that the barb told the mystic, "Don't worry, you're getting buffs in December" b:irritated.

I'm very surprised to read that and I would really like to know what the barb used to kill that mystic and how that mystic played... As I mentioned elsewhere in this forum, a mystic can have real difficulties to take down a barb solo but in the same time the mystic should not die either. And I was talking about same gear both side or even with the barb having better gear than the mystic... I won't say that I have never lost to a barb 1v1 but this is really, really, rare and usually that means I was purged or maybe too confident. But loosing twice in a row against the same barb with lower gear, this is quite hard to understand...

And when you write "duel" you mean 1V1 in pk mode or "real duel" ? Because the problem I can face with end-game gear barb (let's say full R9rr+10-12 with full vita stone for example, plus NW reforged items) comes from their huge amount of HP associated to the HP charms use. If the barb doesn't have a hiero, or in a "standard duel", then you don't have this problem and this should be an easy win for any mystic having same kind of gear.

N.B. : If the barb killed the mystic in 1V1 thanks to his Armaggedon without the mystic knocking back him, or going away, then this is a gameplay issue, not a class issue...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm very surprised to read that and I would really like to know what the barb used to kill that mystic and how that mystic played... As I mentioned elsewhere in this forum, a mystic can have real difficulties to take down a barb solo but in the same time the mystic should not die either. And I was talking about same gear both side or even with the barb having better gear than the mystic... I won't say that I have never lost to a barb 1v1 but this is really, really, rare and usually that means I was purged or maybe too confident. But loosing twice in a row against the same barb with lower gear, this is quite hard to understand...

And when you write "duel" you mean 1V1 in pk mode or "real duel" ? Because the problem I can face with end-game gear barb (let's say full R9rr+10-12 with full vita stone for example, plus NW reforged items) comes from their huge amount of HP associated to the HP charms use. If the barb doesn't have a hiero, or in a "standard duel", then you don't have this problem and this should be an easy win for any mystic having same kind of gear.

N.B. : If the barb killed the mystic in 1V1 thanks to his Armaggedon without the mystic knocking back him, or going away, then this is a gameplay issue, not a class issue...

Actually I talked with them both, and it seems that sage barbs get 20 chi per transformation into panda form. So the barb was switching between forms constantly and gaining 1 spark every 10 or so seconds, which let him freely use triple sparks/armas/etc. He was in triple spark status at least half the time from my judgement.

The barb is pretty good - I've seen him kill a decently skilled +12 R9rr seeker as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mystic skills are lacking to be frank. Mystics power can reach the hieghts of strong DD's but doing this makes your pets useless. I am R999 mystic, storm mystris aoe is nice, but for my gear and lvl, completely useless. Chewy hitting for 800-1k dammage when I hit for 220k, uselesss. Kraglord, 25 seconds of 3k hits, useless. protection buff from salvation, come on, If I can hit for 220k, salvation is not going to protect me from bosses that can hit super hard. World bosses. 4get about NW. using pets in NW, they sit there and do not atk. yeah thats fair. But veno pets atk. why do mine just sit and look dumb. but I love my mystic. very powerfull and full of potential if they would fix pets and plants. a chance to stun or seal. waiting waiting ahh f-it gail force has a better chance to seal and mobs dead b4 the plants can do anything.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    using pets in NW, they sit there and do not atk. yeah thats fair. But veno pets atk. why do mine just sit and look dumb.

Sigh. And we wonder why there's a topic like this.

The best use of pets in PVP is to summon Chiyu, click on the little shield button on pet bar (defend) and right click on its second skill to outline it. That way if someone attacks you the Chiyu will stun them. Most useful on sins who pop out of stealth with their stun skill, they get stunned also and have to sit there while you wait out their stun.

Storm Mistress is also excellent on the Bridge Battle towers as she is on all ? mobs. If you've had your pet on defense you'll have to put it in attack mode and usually you have to "jumpstart" it by clicking on her first skill a few times to make her start attacking. She should keep attacking once you start, if not, Leech her and resummon and it should fix itself.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    using pets in NW, they sit there and do not atk. yeah thats fair. But veno pets atk. why do mine just sit and look dumb. but I love my mystic. very powerfull and full of potential if they would fix pets and plants. a chance to stun or seal. waiting waiting ahh f-it gail force has a better chance to seal and mobs dead b4 the plants can do anything.

In NW they need to be resummon each battle I think, it's annoying, but nothing much to do.

If I'm not wrong veno have/had the same issue, they need to call their pet each battle if they want to use them.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you want your summons to be main DDs and heavily used then roll a veno, which, btw, needs to resummon and rebuff pets in every battle

Devil = stun *****
    Mistress = use level 11 skill to seal things, maybe? DD isn't that bad
    Salvation shields are massively useful as all shields are. If they abosrb a hit bigger than their max absorption the entire hit is absorbed anyways, i.e. free 80% def charm
    And ofc just energy leech them lol; best use ever
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Sigh. And we wonder why there's a topic like this.

The best use of pets in PVP is to summon Chiyu, click on the little shield button on pet bar (defend) and right click on its second skill to outline it. That way if someone attacks you the Chiyu will stun them. Most useful on sins who pop out of stealth with their stun skill, they get stunned also and have to sit there while you wait out their stun.

Storm Mistress is also excellent on the Bridge Battle towers as she is on all ? mobs. If you've had your pet on defense you'll have to put it in attack mode and usually you have to "jumpstart" it by clicking on her first skill a few times to make her start attacking. She should keep attacking once you start, if not, Leech her and resummon and it should fix itself.

Does defend actually work now in pvp? It used to be bugged so that the pet wouldn't do ****...I'll have to try it again now. I know it works in NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was referring to TW/NW, no idea about PK I don't do it.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Idk, yesterday I watched a duel between a +12 wep, +10 armor R9rr mystic and a +7 wep, +7 armor R9rr barb, and the mystic lost twice. The fight was so one-sided and ended so quick that the barb told the mystic, "Don't worry, you're getting buffs in December" b:irritated. I was very disappointed to say the least, as I was looking forward to seeing how well a R9rr +12 mystic would perform.

Was this mystic on our server? If so, who? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Was this mystic on our server? If so, who? lol.

The only mystic +12 R9rr weap that I know of on our server is _Allanon_. (bankai)
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Definitely lack of skill if +12 mystic is losing to barb. Mystic should be able to control barbs with absurd ease if skilled. Sleep, pushback, many seals, immobilize from their aoe, stuns. No excuses for not being able to keep barb at bay.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    HolyMyst - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have to say I read every post in this thread and for someone who what to learn how to use my mystic better I learned a lot, I love the mystic its the second class I made, I have a lvl 95 seeker but I enjoy playing mystic more and I really enjoy reading all the post on this. I really want to be the best mystic I can possible be ( not sure how far I will go gear wise since I don't spend real money and wonder how far I can go in gear without having too) and I learn more each time I come to the mystics forums and some of the stuff I was wondering about got answered, but I still have lots to learn and will to as well. My friends that got me into the game suggested I should have a magic class to go with my melee one and seeing that all of them have ones of different races I figure since I have a seeker might as well get its magic counter part and ive been enjoying it since I even love that its a complex class and flexible b:dirty that's why I really want to be very good at it and show other how truly good the class is no matter how long it may take.

PS. I mention it before but can someone tell me how are in weapons and gears I can go with spending real money, though I feel down the road I might do soon to reach my goal but only till im a Mystic skill enough in situations to break the ideals people have of use, one group at a time of course b:victory
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013

BitC have only 25% chance to proc, but we can chose who we purify and without lying I feel like it was more 50% than 25%, usually the second or third cast I get the purify, plus healing, plus it work on people not in squad. (Which is great in NW if the flag carrier is not in your squad, but in trouble)

Sage BiTC has a 57.8% chance of proccing within 3 or less heals, but the proc rate per heal is 25%, that why it feels like it happens half the time. I really wish ignorant mystics would stop spreading misinformation around, it's annoying b:angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Definitely lack of skill if +12 mystic is losing to barb. Mystic should be able to control barbs with absurd ease if skilled. Sleep, pushback, many seals, immobilize from their aoe, stuns. No excuses for not being able to keep barb at bay.

Dude...that mystic lost to me 2-1 when I had nirvana gear LOL.