Poll: What should be done about DQ points?

Options

Comments

• Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    wrong question: more correct question : what can be done about bots which doesnt require GM babysitting and doesnt hurt normal players badly

Implement a simple system :

A damage immune totem (targetable by tab) will spawn near player after a player has been staying more than 1 hour in the same area. Non-player (bot) will target and attack this totem forever. If the system detect the totem has been attacked for more than 5 min, it will remove said bot to an empty "jail" island or box like the one in abaddon.

For the DQ reward system, If they really going to remove it, I want it to be replaced by something else so at least non paying player still have a chance to get event gold.

I used event gold mostly for the charms and smiley, don't take them away b:cry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Implement a simple system :

A damage immune totem (targetable by tab) will spawn near player after a player has been staying more than 1 hour in the same area. Non-player (bot) will target and attack this totem forever. If the system detect the totem has been attacked for more than 5 min, it will remove said bot to an empty "jail" island or box like the one in abaddon.

Such solutions work for one day. Then the bots get an update. Sure enough if you do such things often enough and ban every account you can link to the bot it will scare off the survivors well enough. But a true simple solution without bothering the legit players does not really exist.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Inuship - Dreamweaver
    Inuship - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    im so close to 50000 points and you remove it this is just bs
  • Infyniti - Raging Tide
    Infyniti - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This is BS.. why not just find a way to kill the bots or something? I remember a few years back a friend of mine told me about another way a game (i dont remember the name) dealt with their bot problem by putting like player killing circles or towers or something that ran into major cities to sell stuff. Only way to get in and out of cities was to go -around- the circle/tower things.

Simple, put circle/tower at entrance, person runs through and dies and maybe forces dq to drop from inventory? Idk just something I remembered...

Bring DQ back, I like my charms I work for.. b:sad
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    im so close to 50000 points and you remove it this is just bs

Supposedly you can still get and spend points, but that's being taken away really soon. So hurry up and get your sage card before its too late!

@Poll
    What about the option to leave it the way it is so that players can actually do stuff like I don't farm at 100? Run cube? Participate in nation wars with charms? Refine that r999 gear they spent those thousands of dollars on? Just a suggestion. Still waiting on that blog post.
    Such solutions work for one day. Then the bots get an update. Sure enough if you do such things often enough and ban every account you can link to the bot it will scare off the survivors well enough. But a true simple solution without bothering the legit players does not really exist.

Send cease and desist letters for copyright infringement to the bot makers, and if they refuse take them to court. It has worked for other MMOs with far worse bot problems. And then permaban the bots. You want to stop people from breaking some rule? You remove the reason/ability to break the rule (you can't in this case), or you make it the risks of doing it not worth the reward. If someone's main was banned for more than a few days and couldn't make TW for the want of a couple mil, that person would be far less likely to want to bot. Do you remember when they actually banned people the third time around SP broke? There were less people PK'ing in there than before.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Imperiousa - Sanctuary
    Imperiousa - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Man this game has really gotten greedy i dont see many bots on Sanctuary I wish ppl would quit telling me they "are protecting my game from bots" all i see is a big jagged knife stickin out my back with no more f2p for you on it got news for you pwi imma find a way to bleed money out of your server whether u like it or not without taking out a 2nd mortgage so choke on tht. STOP TAKING THINGS THAT KEEP THE FEW PPL IN GAME LEFT PLAYING THESE ARE THE THINGS SERVER DEATH IS MADE OF!!!!!!!! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanx to ღ ∂ια∂∂єσ ღ ~ ◁ηιηα▷ for siggy!! f:grin

Imperiousa~Sage Venomancer lvl 103,
    Anjelara~Sage Cleric lvl 101,
    Raven_Loft~Demon Mystic lvl 101,
    PhageUntchbl~Demon Assassin lvl 101
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well I have said for long, PWI is the first and last of the games this company manages that I will touch.

Blaming botters to certain extent works but ultimately its managements fault. They stopped monitoring and population who bots exploded in size, nobody was getting caught and there was good coin to be made. Ultimately it was Goons all over again, can you really blame players getting fed up and just joining the bandwagon?

Speaking of managing the game, throw zhen sale and I mean zhen sale, not charge rewards, Archo needs gold bad, think gold is currently 1.9m a pop here w/o anything that would really justify such prices on boutique. I think its on all time high currently, first rank sale accounted. Curious how other servers holding as Archo has been known to be the server with cheapest gold.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think this is in preparation for the in-game botting system they seem to be adding in pwcn.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think this is in preparation for the in-game botting system they seem to be adding in pwcn.

?????
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ?????

the auto pot system is the beginning of it, atleast one other game here has a built in bot
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So you may have read in various threads on the forums that DQ point rewards will be removed from PWI shortly. What do folks think of the change? What could be done to make DQ items useful again?

Where did they say this?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Where did they say this?

Here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    whocares I only got make over scrolls and dyes,But I think they need to rid it anyways it might make the botting go away in some cases,,yeah ill miss it but I was here long before this so if it goes then oh well,but if something else is added the yay!

They are just doing a cosplay on how the RL world is going down the drain eco wise,this game has been for a long time,but hey..its a game
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Asterelle, I'm not doubting you but, can you give me some insight to why would the game developers introduce a in-game bot?

Thanks...
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    whocares I only got make over scrolls and dyes,But I think they need to rid it anyways it might make the botting go away in some cases,,yeah ill miss it but I was here long before this so if it goes then oh well,but if something else is added the yay!

They are just doing a cosplay on how the RL world is going down the drain eco wise,this game has been for a long time,but hey..its a game

Well thank goodness a lot of people do care about the removal of the DQ system and aren't happy to sit back and watch it all slide into oblivion.
  • Melekhiel - Sanctuary
    Melekhiel - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

What will that new system be doing? f:stare
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    well I have noticed bots over the years and if they want to fix the bot problem without a babysitter all they have to do is make it so that dq drops have a -1 coin when npc'd, basicly when they go to npc the drops the lose 1 coin per dq or maybe it should-1000....yeah -1k for npcing dq drops would shut down the bots!
  • SweetDevyl - Lost City
    SweetDevyl - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    well I have noticed bots over the years and if they want to fix the bot problem without a babysitter all they have to do is make it so that dq drops have a -1 coin when npc'd, basicly when they go to npc the drops the lose 1 coin per dq or maybe it should-1000....yeah -1k for npcing dq drops would shut down the bots!

If you think that the bots are there for the coins they gain through dq, u totally missed the point...
    Anyways... this is yet another nice thing they will take away, just like they did with nv and some other stuff, which made the game fun to play.
    I for myself stoped csing a long time ago and won't do it ever again... this game is not worth it anymore. And if you look how many bugs there are and the "high interest" from the developers to fix them... I don't really think they give a s**t anymore.
    And they want to get new players for THIS??!!! LMAO!!!
  • Shadowswifey - Archosaur
    Shadowswifey - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    im gonnna miss this game
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Awesome pwi so the only way to get Event gold now is to CS or hope you get lucky via the Tiger event, awesome. Good-bye event gold charms.

And I would like them to keep it the way it is, it is not 95% of the player-base's fault that bots exist. If PWI and the GMs actually gave a damn about their game they'd be online watching and banning bots. Good ****ing lord honestly, you're all so damn lazy that you want to punish the rest of your player base? Seriously thank you for that, very nice.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    f:scared Good lord the amount of people being so mad about this and "quitting" is rediculous lol.

You all are acting as if your income depends on dq points, so far im pretty much doing fine without it.

If it was about the bots, they'd lower the npc price to 1 coin like they did with the other dq's, or just ban the bots...

Anyway, as much as it sucks, I don't see what will change so much about the game for people, event gold is still obtainable through... well, as the name states... events.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • ShadowScream - Heavens Tear
    ShadowScream - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yes it all seems to be going the way of PAY TO PLAY. I would not blame botting on it all , its more like the " GM police " are not even around to see the real problems in the game. *Hey i know lets just implement something fun for the players then take it all away*. So how many times have we seen this happen in the past couple years . Dont get me wrong many people really like this game or we would not have stuck around for 5 years , but at this rate by the end of year 6 this game will be dead.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well considering the fact that I've been TWing for a little over two years and NWing for as long as its been out without using too many platinum charms yeah. Event gold is very useful for those who know how to use it. Also they ONLY event you can get a Demon/Sage Event Card from is the Tiger Event on Monday nights. So while you say "Events" its only one event. My income may not depend on dq points but having event gold saves my hide when I need a charm on the fly, and I know I can speak for a lot of other players I've known and know that use dq points to help them with charms as well.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    f:scared Good lord the amount of people being so mad about this and "quitting" is rediculous lol.

You all are acting as if your income depends on dq points, so far im pretty much doing fine without it.

If it was about the bots, they'd lower the npc price to 1 coin like they did with the other dq's, or just ban the bots...

Anyway, as much as it sucks, I don't see what will change so much about the game for people, event gold is still obtainable through... well, as the name states... events.

I think it's more about the princible than the rewards. For some people though it might be all about the rewards.

We were given the DQ reward system because our version did not have as huge of a bot problem as PWC had, since PWE was unable to reverse the DQ sell value. That was the reasoning behind the DQ reward system, our compensation for what little coin players would get from DQ's while leveling up.
    The removal of this system seems like they don't care for their players anymore. We get what PWC gets and if we dont like it then oh well, like our cultural differences are being ignored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think it's more about the princible than the rewards. For some people though its about the rewards thogh.

We were given the DQ reward system because our version did not have as huge of a bot problem as PWC had, since PWE was unable to reverse the DQ sell value. That was the reasoning behind the DQ reward system, our compensation for what little coin players would get from DQ's while leveling up.
    The removal of this system seems like they don't care for their players anymore. We get what PWC gets and if we dont like it then oh well, like our cultural differences are being ignored.

The only thing PWE does is lincensing the games, the amount of things they can do against intended developed stuff is next to nothing, if China wants something in a certain way in game then that's the way PWE will get it.

Besides, who knows, maybe they'll put something in the upcoming blog post that might replace it, maybe not.

Also, as you state:
    "We were given the DQ reward system because our version did not have as huge of a bot problem as PWC had, since PWE was unable to reverse the DQ sell value. That was the reasoning behind the DQ reward system, our compensation for what little coin players would get from DQ's while leveling up."

If that really was the entire purpose of the system, the compensation now would be the jolly jones quests which people abuse with multiple toons... Free coins ftw, but you don't see people complain about getting free coins handed to them for just logging in 10 toons, getting a quest to get the orders and then move along.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think it's more about the princible than the rewards. For some people though it might be all about the rewards.

That's exactly the point, we get what PWC gets and that's the end to it. We have a completely different economy and market on our version of PWI and yet still to this day China can't have a team for our version of the game or an American team they talk with to better help our version. PWC has issues with botting, they have for like idk 2-3yrs now or more? If they haven't squashed it by now its their own fault. Like I said if they'd give a damn about their game they wouldn't have half the issues they do atm. But no they take the money they get from this game and make new ones for people to burn money on, and the cycle repeats year after year. We had these rewards to compensate US because we're different from the PWC version and they are taking that away.
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Yes they are still available through events.....
    zen events..where you spend money in the game either by transferring zen to the game or spending gold in the boutique and get rewarded to do so. Not an option for most people.
    tiger event..once a week that a lot of people can not do because of time zones.
    Good choices we have to get demon/sage cards. Most of my stuff I get from event boutique, charms, smilies, teleport stones, fashion, dyes, teishas, teikans.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

If that really was the entire purpose of the system, the compensation now would be the jolly jones quests which people abuse with multiple toons... Free coins ftw, but you don't see people complain about getting free coins handed to them for just logging in 10 toons, getting a quest to get the orders and then move along.

I have not even 1 character in level range 50-80.

I had not done those "jolly jones quests" even once, because they had been introduced when my main character became 81+ level.

I don't want to play "jolly jones quests", I want to play pwi and I have character for this - my Wizard (now he is level 90).
  • ON_oFF - Lost City
    ON_oFF - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i agree with the second post, its time to move on from this game. All they done the whole time is try force people to cash shop to get anywhere and in doing that they have been slowly killing the game.

They should either increase the coin drop and dq npc price again or leave the point system in. They gave us this point system because they nurfed the price of the DQ at the npc...they nurf HH drops...drops in general...games farked up and they don't care...

Later PWI i'ma go play a game that gives a flyin fluck - **** here i come.. b:victory
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    DQ points really are that important? o_O
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010