Poll: What should be done about DQ points?

1235»

Comments

• Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Waiting for famous PWE posting...

DQ blog removed due to server instability

b:chuckle

This made me smile b:laugh
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Waiting for famous PWE posting...

DQ blog removed due to server instability

b:chuckle

Now now now have a little faith....lol who am i kidding this is too funny lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I apologize to both oVenus and Kossy for missing both of your posts on this thread. Still absent of a GM, or CM though.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The funniest thing about this whole DQ thing is that they planned to update the DQ store weekly or monthly in the beginning, adding new items, rotating them and all. Not only that never happened, they took away the MoGs from it and now they're deactivating it. Sad. :(
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    More then 2 days since Geno made the comment, no word all. My faith is sourly being tested and just about all gone. What the hell are you guys thinking about not saying even a word? Not even 'we are looking into it' or 'we are waiting on reply from china'
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know I'm late but I just noticed this in game today.
    Very bad idea.
    Event gold from DQ rewards is a big help in the game.
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Okay, I'm a little lost lol.

So are the dq's being taken out of game completely or just the rewards? And how in the hell did all of this happen in the first place?
    f:ponder

Please don't hurt me, I've haven't been on the computer for a few days because of RL issues
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Talittha - Lost City
    Talittha - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Other: Remove keeper of treasure skill from sins f:sneaky

90% of DQ botters are sins, I could name you a bunch from LC right away. And most of them got the skill. Idm burning their dolls, but later on finding out they have the antidrop skill, its so sad >:
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Okay, I'm a little lost lol.

So are the dq's being taken out of game completely or just the rewards? And how in the hell did all of this happen in the first place?
    f:ponder

Please don't hurt me, I've haven't been on the computer for a few days because of RL issues

The dq items will still be in the game and still worth coin. The dq points have been removed from the item but if you sell them you are still getting dq points for them. The rewards are being 'phased out' according to the patch notes. Once the rewards have been removed then the dq items will no longer accumulate points.

The removal affects 2x events, archosaur assault, wraith army invasions.

A GM stated a blog entry would be posted soon but nothing has been forth coming as yet. Nothing was said about the removal until people starting posting about the removal of the dq points from the dq item in game. A lot of people have stated it was snuck into the patch notes after this happened.

At a guess its being removed because of a supposed new auto-bot system that is coming in. Can you imagine the millions of dq points you could accumulate by autobotting.
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think DQ should be revamp. Those quests are so outdated, it is sad. If dq items below 81 will still be worth 1 coin then let the DQ rewards be increased by giving more coins, more armor molds, more necklace molds, more exp and so on.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The funniest thing about this whole DQ thing is that they planned to update the DQ store weekly or monthly in the beginning, adding new items, rotating them and all. Not only that never happened, they took away the MoGs from it and now they're deactivating it. Sad. :(
    AND... before DQ even was a twinkle in anyone's eye...

They definitely began by lowering at least the coin values on all DQ drops by 15-20%... possibly the % chance of getting a dq drop as well...

Once everyone uproared about this, THEN they said they were adding some new point system... thus, DQ points were born...

NEXT they dropped the coin values even further, from the lowest level dq drops (to about 31-51 dq items)... to 1, yes... 1 effing coin.

THEN they dropped the coin values of still higher leveled dq drops up to 71... thus, dq drops didnt give squat till 81...

AND NOW they are phasing them out... lol.

DQ Points will be replaced by this new system. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mermi - Morai
    Mermi - Morai Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    in be4 i unistall ur game AGAIN ... what is this ? rly? can it get more greedy then this? at start i rly laughed at this... i still can't rly get it how in the world can u be so GREEEEDY !? You better implement a better freaking reward sistem or ...bye bye pwi :P I started this game as a farmer... I farmed my first flyer and first fashion pices with my DQ points when i was a ****** lvl 70 player... now u take away even that from them ?? SICK ..can't belive i still got this game in my computer...lol
    Now am hoping u got a VERY GOOD AND PROPER RESON for doing this..and afterwords put ur butts and brains at work and implement a rewarding enough sistem at last to make ur game worth playing >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The dq items will still be in the game and still worth coin. The dq points have been removed from the item but if you sell them you are still getting dq points for them. The rewards are being 'phased out' according to the patch notes. Once the rewards have been removed then the dq items will no longer accumulate points.

The removal affects 2x events, archosaur assault, wraith army invasions.

A GM stated a blog entry would be posted soon but nothing has been forth coming as yet. Nothing was said about the removal until people starting posting about the removal of the dq points from the dq item in game. A lot of people have stated it was snuck into the patch notes after this happened.

At a guess its being removed because of a supposed new auto-bot system that is coming in. Can you imagine the millions of dq points you could accumulate by autobotting.

Ah okay thank you b:thanks I would not put it past them to sneak this sh/it in. b:surrender I just got back from break a month ago and they go and do this. This new thing, whatever it is, better be good b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arre_Sew - Sanctuary
    Arre_Sew - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The DQ rewards have been beneficial to all of us for a very long time now. Removing them will upset many people who didn't had a chance to vote on forums.

Those who don't agree with me probably think we will have all the items covered: you can get Perfect Stones from PW School Teacher, Random Pigment from Fashionista Wang, Makeover Scroll from level 30 quest,...
    But you guys don't really think about people who make your play time enjoyable. You think "oh, I don't use it, go ahead and remove it". Your friends may be not paying money into the game and it is easier for them to get Random Pigments from DQ points then to decompose fashion.
    Also not all of us can gain Demon/Sage Event Card by doing Tiger Event.
    It is sad that we ended up answering this question because if the DQ rewards are removed: remember - you are voting to remove working content and who knows what else will come down with it.

"Back in the days" the price of DQ items decreased drastically, the drop rate changed and from what I remember the DQ points arrived next week. This disappointed many people - not because DQ points arrived but because grinding for money became waste of time. This also effected "questers" who also had their income decreased to almost nothing.
    So it became a perfect setup for people to stop focusing on major part of PW and focus to get to End Game. For me personally it removed the joy of playing new toons.

Since the token reward system was removed (or however it was called) not many people noticed it was gone... Not many people knew it was even there! At least in my circle of people...
    I expected something new. My friends expected something new. Instead we are about to get another thing removed. f:stare
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    I haven't played PWI since we found this out, I have logged in and removed toons from factions in preparation to leave the game. I have spent the last 2 days going through the game list and dl and trying games...so far I have found 1 that I am happy with and its a subscription game. I don't mind paying for game if I feel I am getting my moneys worth and not getting ripped off. Downloading a f2p as we speak and will try it to.

I am still waiting for any word from GM's about this but the longer they stay silent the less likely hood I have of sticking around. I like PWI, I have made many friends over the years but its the principle of the thing. How many times are we gonna let them **** us over before us the players actually say NO MORE!
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The DQ rewards have been beneficial to all of us for a very long time now. Removing them will upset many people who didn't had a chance to vote on forums.

Those who don't agree with me probably think we will have all the items covered: you can get Perfect Stones from PW School Teacher, Random Pigment from Fashionista Wang, Makeover Scroll from level 30 quest,...
    But you guys don't really think about people who make your play time enjoyable. You think "oh, I don't use it, go ahead and remove it". Your friends may be not paying money into the game and it is easier for them to get Random Pigments from DQ points then to decompose fashion.
    Also not all of us can gain Demon/Sage Event Card by doing Tiger Event.
    It is sad that we ended up answering this question because if the DQ rewards are removed: remember - you are voting to remove working content and who knows what else will come down with it.

"Back in the days" the price of DQ items decreased drastically, the drop rate changed and from what I remember the DQ points arrived next week. This disappointed many people - not because DQ points arrived but because grinding for money became waste of time. This also effected "questers" who also had their income decreased to almost nothing.
    So it became a perfect setup for people to stop focusing on major part of PW and focus to get to End Game. For me personally it removed the joy of playing new toons.

Since the token reward system was removed (or however it was called) not many people noticed it was gone... Not many people knew it was even there! At least in my circle of people...
    I expected something new. My friends expected something new. Instead we are about to get another thing removed. f:stare
    reallistically... this is just a player initiated thread here... we are not really voting on anything except pipe dreams on all ends... dq points ARE being removed. THAT is already happening, was already stated officially, and aint a ****ing thing any of us can do about it. And that is exactly why PWI has declined so drastically in population (as reason numero uno)... because they keep on saying this to their customers... and customers keep on leaving... let us wave b:bye farewell PWI, this ship seems to be sinking even further down b:shocked ...and you thought it wasnt possible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarg - Dreamweaver
    Sarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well it isn't like after 5 years I am surprised that PWE has yet again taken away something valueless to them just to hurt the average gamer. I have spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars on this game over my wife's and my accounts. All that money and I STILL have substandard gear to the r9rr crowd and I still wont pay the stupid amount of cash money to be R9. I still throw a few hundred at this game now and again every year for charms, fashion and fun, but I will not sink another fortune into it.

All I really wanted at this point was to be able to play comfortably and I liked working towards getting that stupid "Golden Horse" while still picking up a pigment card or 10.

Now even that small nothing of a thing is taken from me... Well you are right I am a gamer and I will continue to move on to other games... AND other Companies if needed. China screws OUR version of the game up on a whim. We have and never will matter, so it is best to stop thinking we do and play for what fun you can then give your money to a game that hasn't abandoned its players yet. I surly will at this rate. I'll keep PWI around to amuse me and I will focus my needs where they still matter. TY for a few years of amusement and you are welcome for the new car...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The DQ rewards have been beneficial to all of us for a very long time now. Removing them will upset many people who didn't had a chance to vote on forums. f:stare
    Careful with those kinds of statements.. some believe the forums are frequented by the entire player base. b:chuckle
  • Arre_Sew - Sanctuary
    Arre_Sew - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Careful with those kinds of statements.. some believe the forums are frequented by the entire player base. b:chuckle

Not really, people that I know don't want to open a browser unless it is for Jones' Blessing. f:laugh
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ...I don't think that restoring the old NPC prices of DQs (while having the DQ system closed) would work.
    There would still be bots roaming around, either way.

I am afraid of the "new rewards" idea, since it could be likely we would get worse than what we are offered atm.

PWE should be careful about this possible change, a big backlash could happen if they don't plan it well. b:surrender

*while the rewards page would still work, meaning you could use the points until there is no more available.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • ashaniwai
    ashaniwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the points should be left alone as well as what can be purchased with them. how much more are you gonna take from the game before i and my real money leave.