Poll: What should be done about DQ points?

Elstraya - Heavens Tear
Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
So you may have read in various threads on the forums that DQ point rewards will be removed from PWI shortly. What do folks think of the change? What could be done to make DQ items useful again?
Post edited by Elstraya - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i think its time to move on from this game

b:bye
  • pwimatash
    pwimatash Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just started playing again because my friend say this is helpful ... now they remove ... ^ What he said, b:bye bye
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you forgot to put "uninstall game" in poll
  • Lolitta - Raging Tide
    Lolitta - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i think its time to move on from this game

b:bye

Yes, they removed all stuff that can be cheap or free or farmable , so much for "free to play"..
    I wonder what they will remove next that cant be bought with real money....
    As i understand, there will be no DQ anymore what so ever not just stuff you buy with them. I guess is same for Sage Event Card, useless
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So you may have read in various threads on the forums that DQ point rewards will be removed from PWI shortly. What do folks think of the change? What could be done to make DQ items useful again?

wrong question: more correct question : what can be done about bots which doesnt require GM babysitting and doesnt hurt normal players badly
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wrong question: more correct question : what can be done about bots which doesnt require GM babysitting and doesnt hurt normal players badly

Bingo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _/ArcShot\_ - Heavens Tear
    _/ArcShot\_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Uninstall is the best option b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The funniest part of this whole thing is that PWI wont listen to us. They probably wont even respond to this forum or say we are taking your comments into consideration. On many forums you can read a GM saying that they are taking what we say and using them for ideas on how to improve the game but in the end they don't really care what we say. If they did they wouldn't continue to push Arc on us. They wouldn't keep changing things without giving us a news flash about it and instead expect us to check the forums all the time to see the new things they are changing/taking away. The fact of the matter is is that they are milking all the cash shoppers for as much money as they can while neglecting the players that don't put tons of money into the game to line their pockets. It will probably always be free to play but it will also always be pay to win because lets face it they have to make money too....not that they probably don't have plenty of it already. So no matter what we SAY we want to change or stay the same they will continue to do what they want to do and our cries will fall on deaf ears. The best thing we can do is make the best of the game and enjoy what we can until they glitch the game so bad that the system crashes in on itself. At that point everyone will move on to another game with the same promises...free to play, pay to win. Cuz let's face it all the real gamers that read this wont just stop playing these games cuz its what we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    picked "other" since the option wasnt there.

dont do anything >.> leave it alone

just a comment on the 3rd option "Replace the points system with some new rewards" you should know by now if they were to do that the rewards would be useless junk like temp fashions and fireworks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If this is a factual change, let me get this right.....They remove DQ presumably because of the bot explosion, (or because its a means for F2P players to make decent coin/DQ rewards instead of spending cash) which harms players that don't break the ToS. And, this instead of having in game GMs to do their job enforcing said ToS, because, well we don't have any GMs, or PWE is so understaffed, a lone cricket would sound like the symphony at Carnegie Hall in their offices. Oddly enough, DQ bot/XP farmers are so easy to figure out an over cooked, mushy carrot can spot them.

Even as a pseudo high end cash shopper, if they don't figure out a way to replace DQ points/rewards with something else, I guess I will have to see how it goes, if not, and more than likely move on to a different NON-PWE game, and take my money with me since it will force out a lot of non cash shoppers.

We asked for event boutique to be updated, I don't think we meant its removal (since it is DQ based).
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is likely a reaction from them regarding bots..

Did someone from corporate in China suddenly play PWI and notice bots? Revelation!

So why not just ban bots?

I don't mind per se that the DQ points system is being removed, but I wanna see if they replace it with a useful system so that those who don't bot and don't CS have a simple method of getting coins. (fellow posters and those in game in the guild I'm in logically believe there won't be any useful replacement)

There are plenty of non-botting players who did enjoy grinding for DQ in chrono maps (scarred for example) or morai esp during 2x so I hope they don't **** all over their non-cheating player base here.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DQ point system was fine...
    They better be planning to add something better in place of it but I'm losing faith here >.>
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    On a more serious note. Is anyone surprised about being crapped on at all in this game? You know what's next right? Removal of bh rewards! b:pleased
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    DQ point system was fine...
    They better be planning to add something better in place of it but I'm losing faith here >.>
    No one I'm talking to believes the PWI replacement for DQ rewards/points would be worth anything.

Which tells you a lot about the reputation PWI has.
    On a more serious note. Is anyone surprised about being crapped on at all in this game? You know what's next right? Removal of bh rewards! b:pleased
    That would be the game's death knell.. LOL.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited October 2013

That would be the game's death knell.. LOL.

But the HAVE to combat dem bots. Obviously bh rewards are next.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But the HAVE to combat dem bots. Obviously bh rewards are next.

Its funny we were just discussing that if they REALLY wanted to get rid of bots they could actually pay the GMs to actually do their job in game and police the servers and kick bots out for farming but that would cost them more of their precious money they make from CSers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarquess
    xarquess Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Either way this game is not going to be free-to-play sooner or later..
    In my opinion DQ should be left as they are. There is no other way to ruin game-play of people than taking another way of earning some cash to players that doesn't spent 10h/day playing.
  • arenaastra1
    arenaastra1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    picked "other" since the option wasnt there.

dont do anything >.> leave it alone

I second this
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maybe I'm an idiot, but I'm having a hard time finding any official statement that DQ rewards/points are being intentionally discontinued.

Can someone link to where this was stated officially?

Nvmd, I found it:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19989641&postcount=5

This really sucks. I think we should riot and force them to keep it implemented.

Then again, maybe these "original devs" coming back are rioting themselves over the immense perversion and massive management failures that the current/lame duck "devs" and CMs have been doing..
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ****ing leave them as is. That's what should be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here are news about it:
    Surtr wrote: »
    We're working on a blog post with more details about this. Stay tuned.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So if we can't get points from DQs anymore, why not just keep the same rewards and award points for the following when NPC'd?:

-Chest of Coins
    -Nirvana Keys
    -Fairy Keys
    -Reflective Shards
    -Bless Boxes from Attendance
    -Purified Perfect Stones

etc. etc. You know, stuff you can't exactly bot and, in some cases, are completely useless now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh, this is totally so damn greedy. Take away the only way to get free useful items like charms to increase profits yet again?

I am tired of losing things that helped in the game, BH reward chances for cards decreased, CoA changed so sins can't get pages. I made a sin just for things like that after playing a wiz and veno for 3-4 years.

Cheap chinese bastiges. If you don't want bots, find and ban them by IP. Let someone do their job. You don't fix things (i.e. ticket system useless). You give things then take them away. The veno lycaeum is broken unless you are a pker, the mystic pill thing in dreaming cloud is broken/gone with last update. I finally get to where I can start getting OP gear for my characters after I make an assasin and you **** the game up royally.

Can anyone suggest a free to play game by a company that isn't so greedy and totally focused on making every dollar possible?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2013

We need an official statement here. I HAVE to know the rationale behind this, flimsy as it no doubt is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I voted for other.
    Basically because they shouldn't have touched this -at all-.

They made the same mistake they always make; they snuck the change up on us and gave -no- warning or information as to 1) why and 2) what was coming to replace it.
    When people start linking DQ going "wtf is up with this!?" you know that's messed up and unacceptable.

We should know this kind of stuff immediately, like, on the main page update or client launch screen saying "HEY GUYS! -this- is up, and -here- is why" If you don't know why, DON'T CHANGE IT YET. If you do know why, and it's being change for -reasons- tell us the reasons! At the worst, minimum worst, at least mention the change, and say "CHINA MADE US DO IT, we're trying to find out why or how to undo it" Saying nothing until people start asking questions about it makes you look like you don't give a rats behind about this kind of stuff and makes you look ignorant about the game you're supposed to be monitoring. What kind of faith is that supposed to instill in your consumers?

I would be much less angry about this if I didn't have to find out about it from looking at my dq.
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    REMOVE DE DQ SYSTEM = PEOPLES LEAVE FOR ANOTHER GAMES = LESS GOLD BUYER b:bye
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xarquess wrote: »
    Either way this game is not going to be free-to-play sooner or later..
    In my opinion DQ should be left as they are. There is no other way to ruin game-play of people than taking another way of earning some cash to players that doesn't spent 10h/day playing.

What are you talking about? It will be free to play. Pay to win though.
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, thought someone was just playing around in world chat; decided to look in forums and well looks like they weren't playing.

Bots!!; omg, so tired of hearing about bot players **** something up.

lol, would be kinda fun maybe if they (gm's,dev, whatever) offered a bounty hunt on the bots. maybe have the players submit short vid's showing the bot and depending on how many you catch, you get some kind of nice bounty reward.

idk,if the dq thing gets removed, maybe they should concider raising the item drop rate, i.e white star items.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Lenaura - Sanctuary
    Lenaura - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I picked 'other'

Leave DQ points system alone or uninstall game is a good option
  • reddragoness3
    reddragoness3 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont thing the reward system should be removed or replaced maybe take out itmes n replace it with new items ppl could get but do take away the dq system cus it would just make DQ practicaly worthless cus alot of ppl spend hours farmin for dq itmes jsut so they can get random dyes or genie food or demon sage card fash or a pert but i think its wrong to take out some thing that ppl like maybe upgrade it make it better for more ppl to wanna sue it byy adding new stuff but takin it away wi;l make alot of ppl very unhappy..