[Important] 5 Year Anniversary Gifts Email Codes Issues

Options

Comments

• Seraphinchen - Harshlands
    Seraphinchen - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    thanks so much for this code, so nice all the mounts and stuffb:cuteb:pleased
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have to say, this whole fiasco has been a big joke.

1.) Why did PWE decide that e-mailing the codes were going to be a viable method of getting the items to players, knowing that many people don't view the forums for info on changing e-mails? It's kind of obvious that 5 years ago when Gmail was begining to gain popularity, people were still using AOL e-mail, comcast, netzero, msn/hotmail/qwest, yahoo, etc. To make matters even worse, changing the e-mail required sending a ticket initially, because the system was botched - this resulted in a massive amount if tickets being sent to PWE = more work on PWE's end.

2.) When PWE received too many tickets w/ reasonably upset players, they decided that it was a bad idea to send the codes via e-mails and decided to send them anyway - through e-mails (does this make any sense, from a player's perspective?). This resulted in people w/ working e-mails attached to their account, to get the code - while folks with non-working e-mails were left waiting.

3.) Finally, PWE staff decided that because it was unfair to have some players not recieve the intended prizes, they gave a code for all players of PWI to receive all the prizes up to the 5 year mark, thus creating unfairness for people who wanted something unique and special.

4.) People who initially recieved the e-mail code could now use the newer code, thus resulting in two sets of prizes per account.

Way to go PWE. While I think it's better to have all players get all prizes, versus only some players getting any prizes at all; I still feel this was a massive fail on your end. This now makes it unfair for the players looking for something to show off and say "This is because I've been playing for 5 years."

Quite unfortunate.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have to say, this whole fiasco has been a big joke.

1.) Why did PWE decide that e-mailing the codes were going to be a viable method of getting the items to players, knowing that many people don't view the forums for info on changing e-mails? It's kind of obvious that 5 years ago when Gmail was begining to gain popularity, people were still using AOL e-mail, comcast, netzero, msn/hotmail/qwest, yahoo, etc. To make matters even worse, changing the e-mail required sending a ticket initially, because the system was botched - this resulted in a massive amount if tickets being sent to PWE = more work on PWE's end.

2.) When PWE received too many tickets w/ reasonably upset players, they decided that it was a bad idea to send the codes via e-mails and decided to send them anyway - through e-mails (does this make any sense, from a player's perspective?). This resulted in people w/ working e-mails attached to their account, to get the code - while folks with non-working e-mails were left waiting.

3.) Finally, PWE staff decided that because it was unfair to have some players not recieve the intended prizes, they gave a code for all players of PWI to receive all the prizes up to the 5 year mark, thus creating unfairness for people who wanted something unique and special.

4.) People who initially recieved the e-mail code could now use the newer code, thus resulting in two sets of prizes per account.

Way to go PWE. While I think it's better to have all players get all prizes, versus only some players getting any prizes at all; I still feel this was a massive fail on your end. This now makes it unfair for the players looking for something to show off and say "This is because I've been playing for 5 years."

Quite unfortunate.

*Sigh* First of all, the gifts are either way special because they are FREE.
    And most important, who really cares who have been playing for 5 years? Nobody really. New players don't join this game to see some beta players. b:laugh So that ''showing off'' would be pointless, when you have no audience at all.
  • XXTrishXx - Lost City
    XXTrishXx - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thanks.
  • chillstoner
    chillstoner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    And most important, who really cares who have been playing for 5 years? Nobody really. New players don't join this game to see some beta players. b:laugh So that ''showing off'' would be pointless, when you have no audience at all.

Same can be said about anything people have to 'show off'. Showing off is all about making yourself feel good. Nobody really cares about the nice car that random guy you just passed is driving (maybe you look at it, but don't really care after)--but I guarantee you, the guys on cloud 9 thinking he's the baddest mother around. In this case, I think it's more about 'showing off' to other high level players that they have indeed been around awhile, as opposed to showing off to the new players (all ten of them). I know the majority of players don't care when they see someone who's been playing longer, but the guy riding the mount probably thinks he's awesome. And why not? As long as it doesn't get into there heads, meh. This past year, I've never encountered someone on a snake of purple fox acting all cool because they're vets.

That being said, maybe a better idea would have been to give out the 3 or 4 year codes to everyone, no? Maybe, but I guess people would complain either way. Thx for gifts. b:pleased
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Same can be said about anything people have to 'show off'. Showing off is all about making yourself feel good. Nobody really cares about the nice car that random guy you just passed is driving (maybe you look at it, but don't really care after)--but I guarantee you, the guys on cloud 9 thinking he's the baddest mother around. In this case, I think it's more about 'showing off' to other high level players that they have indeed been around awhile, as opposed to showing off to the new players (all ten of them). I know the majority of players don't care when they see someone who's been playing longer, but the guy riding the mount probably thinks he's awesome. And why not? As long as it doesn't get into there heads, meh. This past year, I've never encountered someone on a snake of purple fox acting all cool because they're vets.

That being said, maybe a better idea would have been to give out the 3 or 4 year codes to everyone, no? Maybe, but I guess people would complain either way. Thx for gifts. b:pleased

There are much more new players than mere 10. And still, showing off doesn't give you anything. Just shows how egoist someone is.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ^^^ Hate to break it to you but I agree with you there are alot more then just 10 new players on game (I saw 1 yesterday making the same rookie mistake of thinking that Duke Black was a GM!?)b:chuckle

its only been about 3 years since I last saw that happen....b:thanks

But as for the showing off factor, the only ones that I've seen purposely roaming around on their new (never earned) mounts recently are most the newer (less then 3rd year players) But more power to them cause they likely never thought that they'd have them so early) where as Me and the rest of the Beta's & 5th's have been as usual, rather laxx about those mounts ourselves especially now that they have no real meaning anymore (so why don't you start ragging the newer players about being egotistical rather then always accusing those of us that have been on since day 1 of the game???) Because as was said before on this thread for the most part we liked the mounts because it was proof of us having earned them, we really didn't give a **** to have anyone think we wanted them to worship us (because we never did) so you really shouldn't let your own personal delusions get the better of you like that, because the only way we Beta's & 5ths generally liked those mounts were as a common form of bonds and comradery & identification with others like us who've been on since forever, so those mounts merely made it easier for us to identify one another.. So would the rest of you who keep stupidly saying its all about showing off to you please stop constantly saying we were doing it as a conspiracy to enthral the rest of you, because its getting beyond boring at this point))b:thanks

"And btw. theres a reason why many of us don't rag them ourselves and its simple, synch stated these mounts wouldn't be available again, so we realized alot of newer players would have been heart broken otherwise had they not got those mounts themselves, so much so some of them would of quit over it rather then just QQ about it, so in the end thats how some of us decided to look at it and let it go..."
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It's just pixels, nothing more nothing less. I dont care about having the mounts, or not having the mounts. It's the same as people thinking they are "cool" because they have r9, or r9rr, or JoSD, or +12, or the latest flyer, or latest fashion. It's all just pixels. Personally, i dont give two ships. In the end when the plug is pulled, all that "coolness" is gone. No more pixellated egotistical "I'm a bad a$$ness" and the money spent reaps no rewards regardless of how long you were playing except the fact, that money is now gone.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't have any more to say, just that the whole reason why these some ''5 year vets'' want to feel ''special'' is that they need attention. Nothing more. There is many ways to show off stuff. Anniversary is PWI's Birthday only. Everyone who got their Gifts are special. Not only Beta Players.
  • Heltis - Archosaur
    Heltis - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have a question, if you have changed your email whilst the anniversary event was going on, will it affect the codes being sent?
  • darkwolfers
    darkwolfers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    UPDATE 9/9/2013

Due to the overwhelming number of tickets received from the CS team we've had to come up with another solution to address the numerous issues regarding the codes.

We've decided to give everyone the opportunity to redeem a single code that will unlock all of the Tiered Anniversary Gifts. This code will only be available until the end of September and the code will expire around the same time the Anniversary Events end. This will also be the last year to get any or all of the tiered anniversary gifts currently available. We plan on using a different system next year. So please redeem the code when you get the chance.

With this in mind, next years anniversary gift will no longer be given out using a tiered system of gifts. Instead we plan on giving one BRAND NEW anniversary gift to ALL players who qualify. This will greatly reduce the confusion on who gets what and reduce the number of issues involved regarding the distribution of gifts.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we hope you enjoy this massive 5 Year Anniversary Gift. We thank you all for your support and hope you continue to enjoy PWI.

*Deleted previous post. Please refer to information above*

thank you
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I personally don't think it would have been as confusing this year if you guys had just stuck to the way you normally did it. One code per account, Redeem it and depending on how long you've been on PW depended on what you got. Thats just my opinion though.

The email system had a huge flaw because a lot of emails i used to sign up for my accounts (Have 3 in total) were never in use after i made the account. So therefore they were disabled and i wasn't able to use the code sent to those emails. I also couldn't change the email because i never use my ACTUAL name on the accounts, i was taught in school and by my parents never to put my actual information on the internet, no matter what its for.

I had to use this code you provided to even get anything on those account.
    f:angry

I have played since the end of 2008 and your system has always been the same. I wondered what made you change it in the first place. f:ponderf:flower
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have played since the end of 2008 and your system has always been the same. I wondered what made you change it in the first place.

I think he stated at one point that they didn't have the amount of staff required this year to use the normal anni page, so they decided to try the email method. Which was such a huge mistake that hopefully they learned a lesson for the future. xD

But yeah... if they don't have enough people to run the same system they have been using for years, and our CM is the CM for multiple other games as well... I'm a little concerned about this. It rather looks like they don't much care about PWI anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Actually, it's quite the opposite. I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on this, though. You see, older MMOs like PWI are very much at end-game correlated with a lack of intriguing PvE and more oriented around PvP. PvP is all about egotistical challenges. When you kill someone in a game, obtain something someone doesn't have, make a purchase in the video game, reach a goal you have set, etc - your brain releases a dopamine response.

1.) "Players don't join PWI to see beta players." True, they don't initially join to see people who have played the game for a while. If we assume that these hypothetical players continue to keep playing, they will be at awe when they find someone who has a special mount that signifies the player has been around for a long time. It's a sign of resilience (and maybe stupidity for staying at a game where publisher and developer aren't so good).

2.) "Showing off would be pointless". I don't see how you can state that. If you find it pointless, does that mean that I do as well? If you find bananas to taste good, does that mean that I do as well? It's all relative. Your words don't hold merit when everyone has differing opinions. It isn't a fact that other players wouldn't think the person who shows off an item stating they have played since beta, are worthless and meaningless.

In the end, that's your opinion. Just as this is mine. I think PWE did a lackluster and poor job this year, because they awarded every player all items and did it up to twice + the e-mail issues + the ticket issues. That's poor planning and being lazy.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So my in-game wife NPC'd the unicorn.

Because it was green.

Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • //aomi - Raging Tide
    //aomi - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nice try PWI........just not good enough......

If I use this Code I only got the Message:

This Code is already redeemed !

even it was my 1st try to redeem this Code !

You realy can't get things fixed in a way that it works......b:laugh
  • Scara - Raging Tide
    Scara - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I redeemed my codes then waiting and waiting, still never got my Purple Fox even today... I wanted it so bad :'( ...
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I redeemed my codes then waiting and waiting, still never got my Purple Fox even today... I wanted it so bad :'( ...

cuz if you bothered to read... it said the codes expired when the anni events ended... which was this past maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scara - Raging Tide
    Scara - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I did entered my codes in time, that's the problem but it's not that bad, i hope that i'll have better luck next year.
  • triciafb
    triciafb Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    OK this is seriously messed up. I didnt get any kind of email saying this was taken care of... im kind of pissed off now. I have been playing on and off for a long time... i sure hope this 'new' system that is in place for next year is better... b:angry
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    triciafb2 wrote: »
    OK this is seriously messed up. I didnt get any kind of email saying this was taken care of... im kind of pissed off now. I have been playing on and off for a long time... i sure hope this 'new' system that is in place for next year is better... b:angry

If you would bother to read Forums more often, you would have more clue about things.
  • Chloroformed - Heavens Tear
    Chloroformed - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I like free stuff!
  • fengthewarrior
    fengthewarrior Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    to redeem it now is to late? q,q i didnt have cause, i tried and it says expired, have to wait 1 year, right?
    but the swag back i could redeem, but not the mounts
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    to redeem it now is to late? q,q i didnt have cause, i tried and it says expired, have to wait 1 year, right?
    but the swag back i could redeem, but not the mounts

You should have redeemed when there was plenty of time. Long over already. Next year we get something completely new because these Mounts started to taste like wood.
  • Foks - Heavens Tear
    Foks - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Actually, it's quite the opposite. I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on this, though. You see, older MMOs like PWI are very much at end-game correlated with a lack of intriguing PvE and more oriented around PvP. PvP is all about egotistical challenges. When you kill someone in a game, obtain something someone doesn't have, make a purchase in the video game, reach a goal you have set, etc - your brain releases a dopamine response.

1.) "Players don't join PWI to see beta players." True, they don't initially join to see people who have played the game for a while. If we assume that these hypothetical players continue to keep playing, they will be at awe when they find someone who has a special mount that signifies the player has been around for a long time. It's a sign of resilience (and maybe stupidity for staying at a game where publisher and developer aren't so good).

2.) "Showing off would be pointless". I don't see how you can state that. If you find it pointless, does that mean that I do as well? If you find bananas to taste good, does that mean that I do as well? It's all relative. Your words don't hold merit when everyone has differing opinions. It isn't a fact that other players wouldn't think the person who shows off an item stating they have played since beta, are worthless and meaningless.

In the end, that's your opinion. Just as this is mine. I think PWE did a lackluster and poor job this year, because they awarded every player all items and did it up to twice + the e-mail issues + the ticket issues. That's poor planning and being lazy.

Oh man, we need to be friends. f:laugh Each point, genius. XD

"...your brain releases a dopamine response." <3 I mean let's face it, this game is all about that. Gamble with packs, various fashion colours, catch gold prices, land good armour, sell stuff, find some people/faction you like, promotions, and the list goes on. Nothing is technically important here (minus the fact I've made some really great friends). The actual game play itself means nothing in reality, it really mostly is that dopamine response. So everything is all about what you like and "respond" to--very opinion based. No reason to seem upset at people who are happy to get anniversary stuff. o-o The game making you have some extra fun is well worth it though. =)

Besides, some friends were like, "Aw, you're lucky" and it made me feel good regardless of it being pixels. ...And every human being is guilty of the veteran-complex and chatting it up with other veterans about "the good 'ole days". Who cares if that makes people happy. ^-^
    ...Lv. 90 not 71 pwi -.-'

PWI - Perfect World-wide Issues. B(
  • Star_Red - Dreamweaver
    Star_Red - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I recently came back to PWI but i didnt put the code and i missed out on the gift's is there a way to get a chance to reddem them again? b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] f:fume
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    As with all other anniversary rewards, once the time has passed you no longer have a chance at them until the next year they return.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mageprodigy
    mageprodigy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Goodies'
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Goodies'
    This looks like a NECRO!

mageprodigy replied to a message that was 2 months 22 days 11 hours 44 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Omg!! Necrooooooo!!!!!!!!!
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
This discussion has been closed.