Possibility of new class under development

Options

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I like how people rage about motorcycles and now guns, but nobody complains about the fact that we have modern clothes in the game. Doesn't that kill the whole "ancient china" thing too?b:surrender

Perhaps the reason for that, is due to the fact that they can be largely ignored, and not TRULY effect what people expect to see in a game like this... really if I wanted to play a game with guns in it, I would be playing a FPS game.

While it may just be a rumor, and people are undoubtedly fine with the thought of it being what the name implies... I for one am not.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Before this thread gets into "what fits" into PWI lore, let me restate one important thing...

Another important thing is that in the "lore" of Perfect World, the world was created by the god Pangu in his image of perfect. No clue how that makes the sun and moon raise and set in the south.

Ultimatley this is a fantasy world, Fake World. The team can add anything they want to the game and it will be considered part of the lore if they want it to be so "lore breaking" isn't possible unless you've made your own lore you want the game developers to follow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Another important thing is that in the "lore" of Perfect World, the world was created by the god Pangu in his image of perfect. No clue how that makes the sun and moon raise and set in the south.

Ultimatley this is a fantasy world, Fake World. The team can add anything they want to the game and it will be considered part of the lore if they want it to be so "lore breaking" isn't possible unless you've made your own lore you want the game developers to follow.

Mhm, I agree.
    I'm also one of those who looked into the lores and such, I found it pretty interesting.

Personally, I won't mind guns if they look steampunk/medieval style because of reasons mentioned by another poster earlier. I don't particularly like guns but I think I can live with them.

Either way, awaiting a real announcement for this.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This appears to be fan art. Read the comments below the image and its statement.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Looks intresting,

Ill clear 1 thing up tho...

The system cant take on any more spaces for more chars. the reason for this is because you get given a player range when you sign up. You cant go over this limit as that would go into someone else account.

For example if i signed up to the server as player it does this

5 - First player / Six Char
    6 - Heero / First char
    7 - Heero / Second Char
    8 - Heero / Third Char
    9 - Heero / fourth Char
    10 - Heero / Fith Char
    11 - Heero / Six Char
    12 next player / first Char

Again System limitations. same as the Name Change Problem... so its possible to fix. My example would be to put a 00 on the front of this. IE 8-01 random i know but hey....

And 1 thing PW... dont destroy the Game with the new classes make sure you mantain the game!

Yes they can fix but I'm betting PWE is watching how well the identity stone sales go. This will determine whether or not time and money is invested into slot expansion. Also, if people are willing to drop 40 gold on a name change, maybe they are willing to drop 50-100 for an extra player slot.
  • Lolitta - Raging Tide
    Lolitta - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Gunners and music instruments that does mean they copy 100% another game? No name :D
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I don't give a **** what the consequences are in implenting new race/classes. Throw it at us! I'm ready!! f:sweat
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Gunners and music instruments that does mean they copy 100% another game? No name :D

To be fank, there's only so much you can add to an MMO before it starts being like "other MMOs out there" or "copying" if you will.

Most MMOs are based on the same themes/concepts which is also one of the reasons it's hard for me to find ones that really attract me; I rarely find that unique flavour. PWI was unique for me due to being based on chinese mythology and lores etc. though for someone who's Asian it's probably not a big deal xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ahace1
    ahace1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    its going to be so funny if it turns out those are new npcs b:chuckle
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wonder how many RPGs copied geniuses like Tolkien..

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i hope the class with whip come with a male conterpart as i want to be a master

alredy have a faction with name bdsm now with this class and as a male it would fit so well b:laugh

on a side note cant they give barb another form then just panda like wolf tiger lion

dont you guys get tired of halv finished work before they come with something new without finishing there old projects

so let see 4 new classes and 2 new races in pwcn hand mean 1 new race and two casses

always halv finished work gaaaaa
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    In my opinion, I don't think this is new Race and Class for PWI. Looks more like something that could be in JD
  • KeKeLeLe - Archosaur
    KeKeLeLe - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Regarding the 10 classes limitation, there is a rumor that the original team for the game has returned. Kinda why we're getting a lot of story updates and such. But as others have been saying, so far everything is just rumor.
  • nim8
    nim8 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Regarding the 10 classes limitation, there is a rumor that the original team for the game has returned. Kinda why we're getting a lot of story updates and such. But as others have been saying, so far everything is just rumor.

That is the one rumor I really wish would come true. Original team would ftw!!
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ahace1 wrote: »
    its going to be so funny if it turns out those are new npcs b:chuckle

whip type weapons already in database. probably some unfinished work from the 1st dev team and they decided to finish it now
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well, it won't happen, all these upgrades costs an arm and a leg to PWI. The reason why so many quests/events are broken whenever there is a content update is because PWI went for the minimum package to get future bug fixes.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

It would be nice if that rumor were true. But if it was true then we wouldn't still be getting all these mess ups we've had recently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Is there a somewhat believable source where this rumor originated?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I only know a thing: if they make my class obsolete, im done with pwi, just that :D
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,839 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    PWE won't announce anything until well after PWCN gets the expansion.
    Usually about 6-9 months before PWE even acknowledges the presence of an expansion.

By then, I'll have a full thread up and running with information about the expansion.

As of right now, I'm not seeing anything concrete on Wanmei's news pages so I'm not starting a thread now.

These blogs and forum posts have interesting information, but until I start seeing official information or data pulled from the client, it could be real or rumor.

looks good Bubbles!

I will point out 1 thing tho... the Whips and other weapons are allready showing in the database...

should be around the main update time if this happenes im gonna GUESS!

Should be intresting.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've coded games myself before, there is no such thing as a "10 class limit" any code written can be unwritten or changed, furthermore any code can be altered to add or subtract the "limit" if one exists. Also most calculations of numbers in codes don't have limits unless one is purposely put in (which can be removed).
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • l0s0
    l0s0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Maybe i'm in the wrong section to ask for this, but is there a section where we can discuss about lore or any page focused on pw lore from beginning until now?

Another thing i would add to this conversation is , if this rumors are true pwi would be i think the first mmo with 14 classes, this would be nice, at the same time this as some of you guys said could bring unbalance between classes , this is normal at the beginning (also to balance things in PvE is easier than balancing in PvP) but they will work on it ofc to fix problems and differences btw i don't think as i stated that the meal will come out ready from first day it requires of course patience from players and developers on the other side and hard work.
    Only time will tell! f:laugh
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    looks good Bubbles!

I will point out 1 thing tho... the Whips and other weapons are allready showing in the database...

should be around the main update time if this happenes im gonna GUESS!

Should be intresting.

Whips have been in the database since forever. Well before pwi came to be.

Ever since pwdatabase was put up, there has always been speculation with those damn whips.

It's almost a joke to talk about upcoming races that'll use the whip.
    It's hard to take any of this seriously without definite proof.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,839 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Whips have been in the database since forever. Well before pwi came to be.

Ever since pwdatabase was put up, there has always been speculation with those damn whips.

It's almost a joke to talk about upcoming races that'll use the whip.
    It's hard to take any of this seriously without definite proof.

YES!

LOL

I did laugh about whos gonna use the whip tho! Good call!
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    YES!

LOL

I did laugh about whos gonna use the whip tho! Good call!
    Whips were re-localized into bride/groom packs. b:avoid
  • Chloroformed - Heavens Tear
    Chloroformed - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They broke the game with TB so why not break it some more.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    They broke the game with TB so why not break it some more.

lmao you still stuck on TB breaking the game hahahaha.

Chloroformed: WTB>Rock to Crawl Under b:laugh
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wanmei finally has a news post up

Looks like that one blog was on to something there.
    I see nothing about new races/classes.

The next content/expansion will be titled "Glory and Rebirth".

Now, I'm going to guess that what google translates refers to as Zu Long studios, is Archosaur studios (aka original devs of perfect world).
    Referred to "Perfect World" This Perfect World for the mountains, we have to mention its founder "Zu Long studio." "Zu Long Studio" as the cause of the Chinese game developer
    "Zu Long Studio" will promote the return of "Perfect World" integral worldview process, and in the history of the advance, the "ancestral dragon studio" Dream masters of their ingenuity to join the new ideas,

Now my information on this is quite fragmented since I know nothing about chinese, but this is what I gathered on them:
    For anyone who knows anything about pw and its origin, we know that Archosaur Studios originally made pw, but never got to finish.
    Of all the researching I have done, I don't know the exact origins of Archosaur Studios. I don't even know if they truly chinese or if they were based in hong kong. The material that was developed for pw was done with flawless english with chinese text slapped over it.

Archosaur Studios might have made another game sometime in 2002 but it was single player (game was called Militarism).
    Sometime in 2002/2003 a publisher called Epie Games bought out Archosaur Studios and pw development continued from there on. Another game might have been produced by Archosaur Studios and published by Epie, called Shanghai Dragon (another single player).
    Due to the fact that there isn't any real record of archosaur studio, it's a bit hard pin pointing what they exactly did and when they became merged with epie and then with wanmei.
    If you try and look up these games you'll get either archosaur or epie as the developer, which makes things rather confusing...

Basically,
    All that is known for certain is that at one point, archosaur was bought out by epie and may or may not have developed games under them.

In late 2004/2005, Wanmei bought out Archosaur Studios (I don't know about Epie) and started changing pw around.

Essentially, Archosaur studios is responsible for everything early on in the game.
    There is a noticeable drop in quality after their leave in development of pw.
    Though Wanmei managed to keep perfect world alive with some content, they haven't been consistent with the development and instead focused on rehashing game assests for the billion or so mmos they maintain.

It would be a great relief if the original devs started working on this game again.
    I really hope this Zu Long studio is, in fact, Archosaur studios.

Now about that new content/expansion:

There will be a beta ON or AFTER Zhu Xian 3 (Jade Dynasty)'s release on October 24th.

"The future planning will focus on improving the quality of the old game, Future engine replacement, adding a series of new technology innovations are imperative."

"Let yourself on the role of "God "role, allowing gamers to act through its own historical process pushed to the server to a different direction, new and old scenes will also unlock or change. "

"The top ten occupations will face the innovation, the introduction of a new growth system, will give more accurate positioning career, improve PK battle system, enhance the professional balance, well worth the wait."

"Players can dive into the underwater world, the Kingdom Quest raccoons, aerial combat in distress, waiting for us is true full 3D fighting experience, gorgeous adventure is about to unfold."

Remember this is google translate at work here.
    There is also a lot being promised.

I remember hearing about the god stuff in Forsaken World, AFAIK never happened.
    We were promised class balance in the Descent Expansion, wasn't all that great...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wanmei finally has a news post up

Looks like that one blog was on to something there.
    I see nothing about new races/classes.

The next content/expansion will be titled "Glory and Rebirth".

Now, I'm going to guess that what google translates refers to as Zu Long studios, is Archosaur studios (aka original devs of perfect world).

Now my information on this is quite fragmented since I know nothing about chinese, but this is what I gathered on them:

Essentially, Archosaur studios is responsible for everything early on in the game.
    There is a noticeable drop in quality after their leave in development of pw.
    Though Wanmei managed to keep perfect world alive with some content, they haven't been consistent with the development and instead focused on rehashing game assests for the billion or so mmos they maintain.

It would be a great relief if the original devs started working on this game again.
    I really hope this Zu Long studio is, in fact, Archosaur studios.

Now about that new content/expansion:

There will be a beta ON or AFTER Zhu Xian 3 (Jade Dynasty)'s release on October 24th.

"The future planning will focus on improving the quality of the old game, Future engine replacement, adding a series of new technology innovations are imperative."

"Let yourself on the role of "God "role, allowing gamers to act through its own historical process pushed to the server to a different direction, new and old scenes will also unlock or change. "

"The top ten occupations will face the innovation, the introduction of a new growth system, will give more accurate positioning career, improve PK battle system, enhance the professional balance, well worth the wait."

"Players can dive into the underwater world, the Kingdom Quest raccoons, aerial combat in distress, waiting for us is true full 3D fighting experience, gorgeous adventure is about to unfold."

Remember this is google translate at work here.
    There is also a lot being promised.

I remember hearing about the god stuff in Forsaken World, AFAIK never happened.
    We were promised class balance in the Descent Expansion, wasn't all that great...

Thanks for the translation! Wanmei sure knows how to phrase things to make people actually think things will happen. It should be noted that in each major expansion, talk of features like new game engines, updating graphics, etc have all been on Wanmei's news posts and BBS (message board)... In the end, nothing has happened besides DX9.0 being updated to 9.0c, in order to run.

I have serious doubts that a company from 2004-2005-ish will come back out of nowhere and begin re-developing their old title. I also have high doubts that any game engine, graphics update, game/mechanics overhaul, etc will be coming. I expect some new areas, maybe (just maybe...) some new classes/races, new mounts/flyers, skill-related stuff, and maybe some new instance.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Samare - Dreamweaver
    Samare - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The artwork is gorgeous *O* cant wait for it!
This discussion has been closed.