Banned old players from restricted countries

Options
Tassula - Sanctuary
Tassula - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Support Desk
My old friends got banned because they playing from Russia. They're old players and love PWI. Most of those people played for 4+ years, they're high levels and the game means a lot to them. I'm the Leader of the faction Russia and my faction was destroyed because of this situation. I doubt my friends will go to Russian server and play after what happened. Their lives and friends were here, on international server. Please, we need our friends,and we're begging PWI to bring them back them to the game and let them play. It means a lot to us! b:cry
Post edited by Tassula - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If you wish for anyone to hear this, you will need to send in a ticket, or contact them through other means.

Since Russia has it's own version that's sanctioned by Wanmei, it's not likely that it will be changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tassula - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thank you :) I hope they will help us somehow.
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    Morfeen - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It happend in our faction also! They said accounts created before region was banned will be left untouched, and are doing that now... Poor ppl can't even log to site or make a new account to send a ticket b:cry
    Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it is a plan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.
  • Tassula - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    PWI have to stop do this and they should let old players play, they spend their time and money on game. It's terrible.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Morai, the "EU" server, had a lot of russian people. many of them were pretty well equiped and im sure a high amount of money found its way into the game and into PWE`s bank account. they all got banned now. this cant be legal...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Ray - Morai
    Ray - Morai Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    How professional can you be, let a big chunk of players cash their chars, spend years on a server and then just ban their characters from one day to the next? What kind of joke is this, seriously...

If you banned that region, at least forbid character creations when the region was decided to be banned, not wait until you have them waste time and money in a server and then crush people's chars into nothing.

It really makes me think if it's worth to keep on playing, maybe one day they decide to ban my region aswell and my efforts go into the sink before I decide to quit by myself... pathetic b:bye
    youtube.com/user/RayPWI/videos
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Pretty sad... I do hope that all those russian players will be able to come back soon and obtain some compensation !
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is sickening. If there is a petition or whatever I would like to sign it. Do we even have any grounds for appeal, or does it say in the ToS they can arbitrarily ban you as they see fit.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • murmeow
    murmeow Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    A bit of magic and I'm in. Why PWI? I've registered my main account back there in 2009 - long before the announcement about banned regions, and in 2011 you told us that old Russian players can keep on playing. I've kept on. I had 3 wonderful years full of fun, I had online friends and plans and I received your annigifts by the way and ... And I had dailies just yesterday. And two hours ago it looked like "Forget it. You don't want it anymore. Go away." Huh? What about keeping your word?
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is really disappointing and upsetting! I hope its some kind of mistake because those people spent a lot of their time and money in this game and it would be stupid not to let them play on these servers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is sickening. If there is a petition or whatever I would like to sign it. Do we even have any grounds for appeal, or does it say in the ToS they can arbitrarily ban you as they see fit.

ToS states that pwi has the right to ban you at will without giving any reasons.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Ray - Morai
    Ray - Morai Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ToS states that pwi has the right to ban you at will without giving any reasons.

Just imagine the car salesman: "Yes, you can buy this car right now, but whenever we feel like it, we can kick you out of it, even while you're driving, and blow it off with a bazooka. Feel free to buy another car in Russia by the way".

Cashing in this game is the biggest scam I've seen around lol b:shutup
    youtube.com/user/RayPWI/videos
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This sucks :/ even my faction has a couple of russian players and I have yet to hear from them >.<
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Just imagine the car salesman: "Yes, you can buy this car right now, but whenever we feel like it, we can kick you out of it, even while you're driving, and blow it off with a bazooka. Feel free to buy another car in Russia by the way".

Cashing in this game is the biggest scam I've seen around lol b:shutup

only pwi is a service, not an item
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is a very shameful move by PWI. Please give us our friends back
  • Ellayth - Morai
    Ellayth - Morai Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is very disappointing how PWI treats it's players sometimes. It would be fair if the old players would get unbanned.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Dear PWI Team,

as already stated out in this thread this is not a serious professional way of business even if you try to hide behind your Terms of Service.

Its shocking me and I hope it was only a technical issue from your side and not a business economic value suggestion. Otherwise, I need to check my behaviour to deal with PWI.

Please notice, you not only disbanned a full successfull faction from EU server Morai. You also banned several people from other factions and also friends.

I expect an official statement about this behaviour

Thanks in advance
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    let's regroup russian players and class action sue for breach of contract
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Options
    let's regroup russian players and class action sue for breach of contract

this contract?
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If you involve lawyers I am sure they would have a field day with that ToS.
    Especially since they got banned for being from Russia.
  • Edalus - Morai
    Edalus - Morai Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That is - again - quite disappointing but not surprising to me. Certain people have proven to be ignorant to any complaints and to be devoid of any understanding of western player's behaviour or attitude.
    Since some time now I no longer deem this game worth of any investments and just help out friends of mine but I quit frequent playing for a while now.

For me, as long as certain people have the right to say just a single word here, I am not going to play this game frequently again.

Of course, I would never say a single bad word about little china, err, Wanmei, I was just rambling about an actual problem and a fictitious entity.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    this contract?

i assume you have no clues about EU directives and laws

if a conspicuous amount\valor of money is involved in a service, that cant just be shutted down one-sidednessly without preemptive advice and\or equal compensation

eventho that clause can easily be interpreted as a restrictive\vexatious clause that could lead to dissolution due to contractual invalidity and off course a full refund to all players involved.

im sure PWE would not want this ;)

im an attorney, yo
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited September 2013
    Options
    i assume you have no clues about EU directives and laws

actually yes (I have no clue) XD although I don't see why EU laws will be involved, perhaps for the morai server.

if a conspicuous amount\valor of money is involved in a service, that cant just be shutted down one-sidednessly without preemptive advice and\or equal compensation

eventho that clause can easily be interpreted as a restrictive clause that could lead to dissolution due to contractual invalidity and off course a full refund to all players involved.

im sure PWE would not want this ;)

im an attorney, yo

how would you derive the compensation though? deciding that pwi has to give back, say 1k$ someone paid to get full lunar g16+10, seems...messy; wouldn't that imply that you can sue a pk'er if you drop that gear?
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    how would you derive the compensation though? deciding that pwi has to give back, say 1k$ someone paid to get full lunar g16+10, seems...messy; wouldn't that imply that you can sue a pk'er if you drop that gear?

we are talking about completely different "worlds",

one thing is paying for a service that has a vexatious clause in the contract, and after that the service gets shutted down w\o any pre-emptive notice and\or compensation

and i've seen companies and even banks getting their *** kicked in court from stuff like that

another complete different thing (what you are referring to) is game related and we wont discuss about it.

assume 100 russian players cashed in 500 dollars each account average,
    they could class action sue for 50 thousand dollars plus legal interests, and prolly interests on arrears if majority of accounts are X years old

this is a conspicuos amount of money involved, also if you look at how the facts evolved during the years (they letted them cash in for the service stating that their accounts wont've ever been shutted down, then after that they stutted service down)
    it might even lead to a conviction for embezzlement
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited September 2013
    Options
    we are talking about completely different "worlds",

one thing is paying for a service that has a vexatious clause in the contract, and after that the service gets shutted down w\o any pre-emptive notice and\or compensation

and i've seen companies and even banks getting their *** kicked in court from stuff like that

another complete different thing (what you are referring to) is game related and we wont discuss about it.

assume 100 russian players cashed in 500 dollars each account average,
    they could class action sue for 50 thousand dollars plus legal interests, and prolly interests on arrears if majority of accounts are X years old

this is a conspicuos amount of money involved, also if you look at how the facts evolved during the years (they letted them cash in for the service stating that their accounts wont've ever been shutted down, then after that they stutted service down)
    it might even lead to a conviction for embezzlement

but they didn't pay for the service, neither was it stated that their accounts wont ever be shut down (on the contrary it stated that they might shut them down at will) o:

one could view it as having a free service, e.g. email, where you can make an one-off payment/donation and have a red sticker saying thank you on the top; surely, we are not assuming that our chars will exist till the end of our lives do we?

I agree that in the end it's mostly about how it will be handled in court (although they'll probably amend in and either grandfather them or make some sort of transfer to the other servers)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2013
    Options
    but they didn't pay for the service, neither was it stated that their accounts wont ever be shut down (on the contrary it stated that they might shut them down at will) o:

one could view it as having a free service, e.g. email, where you can make an one-off payment/donation and have a red sticker saying thank you on the top; surely, we are not assuming that our chars will exist till the end of our lives do we?

I agree that in the end it's mostly about how it will be handled in court (although they'll probably amend in and either grandfather them or make some sort of transfer to the other servers)

yes they did.

actually when you charge money you get bills\receipts for zhens (the service), these receipts prove the "money to service trade", you also pay VAT on this lol

and nope, you wont get bills against donations...

this is absolutely not a free service...
    especially after when the very same company decided to sell neverwinter packages making it clear that they are a profit-making business company

but i am 120% sure this wont ever reach court, there is just too much to lose from the company side, one could also bring in the "discrimination" factor moreover after this Sirian's USA-RUSSIA frictions
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited September 2013
    Options
    mmm interesting insights, thanks for the info!

yeah, there is no reason that they wouldn't resolve this in a decent manner
  • Edalus - Morai
    Edalus - Morai Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    yes they did.

actually when you charge money you get bills\receipts for zhens (the service), these receipts prove the "money to service trade", you also pay VAT on this lol

and nope, you wont get bills against donations...

this is absolutely not a free service...
    especially after when the very same company decided to sell neverwinter packages making it clear that they are a profit-making business company

but i am 120% sure this wont ever reach court, there is just too much to lose from the company side, one could also bring in the "discrimination" factor moreover after this Sirian's USA-RUSSIA frictions

But of course it is a free service!
    All the packs and all the stuff is a little extra and advantage you can achive, but you can readily play the games without spending money.
    And sure -- they want to earn money, they are no charitable organisation, there is nothing wrong about it.
    The point is that the ristriction is very customer unfriendly now after all that time without any means to transfer these chars into the respective version of PW.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

this system is not a donation, its a payment. private servers use donations.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So lets make a few things straight,

First there was no ban on Russian players, all Russian players who made their account before the implementation of the ban, were allowed to plays without any limitation to their accounts with FULL customer support as and when needed.

Everyone been playing nicely and calmly when suddenly a few hours like 2 hrs back everyone starts getting banned ? even before there wasn't any issue until the server reset today ? My believe this is a technical glitch or a snag and i hope and really expect the pwi team to get on this asap.

As for some smart people on this thread with all their practicality and stuff, we are in a civilized society, we play this game for fun, i do agree to all your points of ToS and stuff, but the ToS does say that The administration is allowed to ban anyone without prior notice, but what we face here is NOT in any way a ban to a single individual but its a MASS Banishment. And to make SUCH a huge decision without prior notice would have drastic and dramatic results, which am aware they also understand. More than that am pretty sure there are tons of cash shoppers from russia, who have spent a LOT of money in this game, having their accounts banned this way and IF god forbit its perma, then PWI will face HUGE amount of chargeback in this coming week. Over all my thinking is that, its a technical snag, cause if not, pwi would have posted an announcment about this, they are well aware of the consequences if they dont.