best of each class

Options

Comments

• bigdoodledorris
    bigdoodledorris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I was wondering why, with the amount of times you expelled in the video I watched... He didn't attempt something such as 'condensed thorn -> tackling slash' to immobilize you while you were expelled (status effects carry through expel when the water buff from condensed thorn is active - something I learned from SianD, who learned from Hidden Rage). For a Barb, this means Mighty Swing can still stun through expel - and Alacrity will still immobilize through expel, so long as poison fang is up (archer stunning arrow and aim low - same thing with blazing arrow buff). Moving on though..

since you're tied down for 8 seconds on expel, and now immobilized - it opens up the ability to throatcut/headhunt. any of this would be better than just letting you run away freely when you expel after a deep sting.

Lol, you are not teaching anyone anything here. Thanks for the master class that everyone learned 3 days after the tideborn expansion.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Lol, you are not teaching anyone anything here. Thanks for the master class that everyone learned 3 days after the tideborn expansion.

Lmao such a troll b:laugh
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

which is exactly my point. at this point in the game, it ought to be common knowledge that this would work. which is why - if it is such an elementary concept - how come a so called "best player" does not use this tactic?
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    which is exactly my point. at this point in the game, it ought to be common knowledge that this would work. which is why - if it is such an elementary concept - how come a so called "best player" does not use this tactic?

You've hit precisely on the divisive point. Goredawn does *some* things right, but he does make some elementary mistakes. In other words, he has some strange knowledge gaps that are unexpected, I believe. I think he'll get a lot better than he is now, but atm he's kinda like a child in adult gear, if you know what I mean, clumsy and still feeling his way around. The gear is incredible, nearly as good if not better than my cleric's, if we are going to make that comparison. The damage ofc from his gear is nuts, I have to spam plum shell to survive. But once I figured out his (at first unconventional) strategies, he hasn't surprised me since. I haven't lost any of the last... half dozen odd 1vs1 against him (though in fairness its been quite some time since I lost a genuine 1vs1). This to me says either he's slow to adapt, or he's extremely inexperienced, or a mixture of both. Fair assessment?
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • bigdoodledorris
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You've hit precisely on the divisive point. Goredawn does *some* things right, but he does make some elementary mistakes. In other words, he has some strange knowledge gaps that are unexpected, I believe. I think he'll get a lot better than he is now, but atm he's kinda like a child in adult gear, if you know what I mean, clumsy and still feeling his way around. The gear is incredible, nearly as good if not better than my cleric's, if we are going to make that comparison. The damage ofc from his gear is nuts, I have to spam plum shell to survive. But once I figured out his (at first unconventional) strategies, he hasn't surprised me since. I haven't lost any of the last... half dozen odd 1vs1 against him (though in fairness its been quite some time since I lost a genuine 1vs1). This to me says either he's slow to adapt, or he's extremely inexperienced, or a mixture of both. Fair assessment?

Perhaps more stubborn than inexperienced, I have seen this in many players where in once they learn something may work sometimes one way the refuse to try and achieve anything else and blame any insufficiency in the combination of skills and or apoth on gear, something being OP or just bad luck. I have noticed a lot that some play styles just never change no matter how often it fails.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i wanna add the best of the 11th class in game. hes the best cause hes the only one. Stonk as Pigarian
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i wanna add the best of the 11th class in game. hes the best cause hes the only one. Stonk as Pigarian

LOL i dont know why i imagined this.
  • bigdoodledorris
    edited September 2013
    Options

b:shocked i had to change it someone told me i could get banned :( b:sad
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So, about best wizards i saw few replies... i havent had the chance to see playing some wizards i know, i can name Deathproof, Angels_Age, and a few others, but there are many i havent had the chance to see in TW/pvp.
    btw, in TW, do we consider a wiz that drops an ulti, rans off, gets chi repeat and therefore doesnt die a lot good? or someone who knows how to survive and all? idk what to consider when saying who's "good". As for 1vs1 is diferent ofc...
    share please, i wanna know who i have to learn stuff from...
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    There are several ways to define who is good:
    1. They are good in the sense that they understand all the tips, tricks, strategy, counters, etc. for all the classes, and all the scenarios, so that they know what they must do
    2. They are good in the sense that they have superb reaction, and makes few mistakes, so that they can put their knowledge to use and survive
    3. They are good in the sense that they have the most influence in PvP situations

Generally, someone who is good should be a combination of 1 and 2.

However, most of the time, we can only see 3. Unfortunately, 3 is not always an indication of 1 and 2.

On the other hand, 1 and 2 does not always translate to 3, even if their gear is good enough. This generally means that they are more specialized in 1v1, than in mass pvp.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    for my list I have to say:

cleric: Aeliah ofc no one is even close to him
    sin: was sinsatious (unfortunately doesn't play anymore) so will stick with Zsw for current sin
    barb: Jans pk wise. Best cata barbs: Kicksomebutt, Reactionist, Torados, Biggy
    archers: Merangelus
    BM: Aelicia - best tw bm, slewdem - best pvp bm,

For the rest of the classes I don't have favorites because there are some people that slightly stands out but they still not hall of fame material.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So, about best wizards i saw few replies... i havent had the chance to see playing some wizards i know, i can name Deathproof, Angels_Age, and a few others, but there are many i havent had the chance to see in TW/pvp.
    btw, in TW, do we consider a wiz that drops an ulti, rans off, gets chi repeat and therefore doesnt die a lot good? or someone who knows how to survive and all? idk what to consider when saying who's "good". As for 1vs1 is diferent ofc...
    share please, i wanna know who i have to learn stuff from...

Only really good wizards are on other servers, I suggest you set up chats with face_roll and Adroit.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Only really good wizards are on other servers, I suggest you set up chats with face_roll and Adroit.

Adroit #1 b:dirty

Meets all three of Zsw's points above. Also very willing to give advice and share the pro-ness.

Faceroll (boogiepanda) is also pretty knowledgeable (I'm interested to see the conclusions on the 91% chan build) though hasn't been playing a wizzie as long as Adroit has.

In terms of on this server there arent many that spring to mind, cant even remember the last time I had to use soul of fire to the point where I may even replace it on my genie b:shocked

Drakira is probably the one I would pick if I had to choose one. Not sure how active they are havent seen em around in a while.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Adroit #1 b:dirty

Meets all three of Zsw's points above. Also very willing to give advice and share the pro-ness.

Faceroll (boogiepanda) is also pretty knowledgeable (I'm interested to see the conclusions on the 91% chan build) though hasn't been playing a wizzie as long as Adroit has.

In terms of on this server there arent many that spring to mind, cant even remember the last time I had to use soul of fire to the point where I may even replace it on my genie b:shocked

Drakira is probably the one I would pick if I had to choose one. Not sure how active they are havent seen em around in a while.

I think Faceroll - Boogiepanda from RT is different from the Faceroll with the 91% chan build. Boogiepanda quit a while ago from what I heard.

If you play too defensively, you won't die but you won't kill much. If you play too offensively, it probably won't work out. One needs to find a balance. Yin and Yang ;o
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options

u have many awsome wizards in dynasty, not need to look for in other servers.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Zanryu for best BM and Cleric, no question.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    u have many awsome wizards in dynasty, not need to look for in other servers.

I agree we have some awesome tw wizzys, but they don't play pwe much, and I don't ever see any of them do pvp (sorry if I didn't noticed someone and you pk when Im not on line:)). I know some of them have really huge knowledge about their class and skills but since they don't pk or don't play much on them except for tw its really hard to judge them, or notice who stands out.

We know who are best geared wizards on this server but they are far away of being most skilled one:), and in comparison of some wizzards on others servers, yea we don't have that caliber here for reasons I mention above.

Ok maybe only wizz i would **** my pants if I run into would be Drakira.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I agree we have some awesome tw wizzys, but they don't play pwe much, and I don't ever see any of them do pvp (sorry if I didn't noticed someone and you pk when Im not on line:)). I know some of them have really huge knowledge about their class and skills but since they don't pk or don't play much on them except for tw its really hard to judge them, or notice who stands out.

We know who are best geared wizards on this server but they are far away of being most skilled one:), and in comparison of some wizzards on others servers, yea we don't have that caliber here for reasons I mention above.

Ok maybe only wizz i would **** my pants if I run into would be Drakira.

i dont like what i am gonna say...but DP>>>Drakira. u could have mentioned lunality or hera_sari. even pooplio. there u have at least 4 wizards that are good in dyna. Even tho...for me best wizard ever will be Jedeye or crackpot. :P old times ik QQ we should make a post about legends of dw, i would have to mention many ppl :P
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I agree with you about them but I told you reasons why Im not including them. Also thought we not talking about good. We talking about 3 points that Zsw made few posts below.

For DP i cant agree with you. Agree on point that he hits hard, but saw to many mistakes he made during tw so sorry, hitting hard has nothing to do with it or then Fay would won this b:laughb:chuckleb:laugh

post about legends sounds grate b:victory
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i would have to mention many ppl :P

Decus es el unico b:cool
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I hear ya, me too D=

I think its cos I'm black and cos ur too sexy.b:surrender

You were the only one to mention my name on the last one b:sad
  • bigdoodledorris
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You were the only one to mention my name on the last one b:sad

It is because you are both nabs, clearly b:pleased. Sux gamers need practice PVE then make return to BATTLE. b:thanksb:thanks
    edited September 2013
    Options
    QQ noone mentioned me... lol
    nah just kidding, im nowhere near in gear at some ppl, and i dont pvp much tbh...
    as far as dynasty, we had many good wizzies, Pooplio, Drakira, Antics, Belther, some of them may not pvp much either... but tbh, (and i swear i dot mean it in a bad way) why DP? he's one of the "playsafe style" i mean, is usefull, but that makes u good? then i will forever be fail, cause i go in front lines and kill ppl with my own death in the way too..
    Maybe my playstyle is wrong.... but i cant be one of those that drops an ulti and runs till have chi to drop another...
    Again... im a noob
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I don't think its a matter of a style being right or wrong. A well played 'front lines' wizard can do a lot of effective things, as well as the 'run in and ulti' wizard. The front lines wizard will sop up more dmg, will probably get the opportunity to gain chi faster hitting enemies. However, he'll also be the target of many more people, which means he gets purged faster and possibly dies, losing that chi he gained faster. I believe the better your gear gets, the more effective 'front lines' strategy works. Of course, you still need to cycle in and out of front lines with your allies. If you spend all your time on front lines stuff will be put into cd, you'll get purged then **** you are out. The way I look at it though, is *somebody* needs to be there. I'd rather that if you are really tanky you do stay on front lines more. It gives me the ability to heal you and actually save you from damage, ie, negating enemy damage. If they aren't hitting you, the tanky front liner, they are probably hitting somebody else who has cycled momentarily to front lines, and they don't tend to survive focus fire as well. If 3 enemies are hitting a tanky front liner and I'm healing that front-liner, thats a lot of enemy dmg being wasted, allowing rest of my team to attack those who are being distracted by the front liner. Thats why tanky bms and seekers are so effective at breaking up enemy formations. Wizards? Fay is really well suited for it due to gear. Drag you are very mobile and have pretty good survivability, but your gear just isn't quite there yet to be a 'most on the front lines' person. You'll need to spend more time cycling back and letting others take the front line spot.

My thoughts.

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    QQ noone mentioned me... lol
    nah just kidding, im nowhere near in gear at some ppl, and i dont pvp much tbh...
    as far as dynasty, we had many good wizzies, Pooplio, Drakira, Antics, Belther, some of them may not pvp much either... but tbh, (and i swear i dot mean it in a bad way) why DP? he's one of the "playsafe style" i mean, is usefull, but that makes u good? then i will forever be fail, cause i go in front lines and kill ppl with my own death in the way too..
    Maybe my playstyle is wrong.... but i cant be one of those that drops an ulti and runs till have chi to drop another...
    Again... im a noob

I say we mention nab players then!
    Cleric: me obviously!
    Psy: Apo nab f:hehe
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Meh, I disagree Drag's gear is ok to be a frontline. Whether I personally hit him or Drakira example, doesnt make that much of a difference, Drag takes hit okay well.
    And Idk why I didn't mention him, I thought I had posted Dragslave on mine D:
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Long as he waits for the rez I'm not particularly concerned lol. Sometimes a suicidal run into the enemy that takes down several others with you and allows your side to push forward a bit can be totally worth it. Seen some excellent examples of that in videos by Face_roll.

Wizard is not a class I can claim to be an expert in, all I know is what I see from the healer perspective. If Drag thinks he can tank some damage I won't tell him to stop of course, though I will reign him in if he gets out of my heal range, lol.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

edited September 2013
    Options
    Long as he waits for the rez I'm not particularly concerned lol. Sometimes a suicidal run into the enemy that takes down several others with you and allows your side to push forward a bit can be totally worth it. Seen some excellent examples of that in videos by Face_roll.

Wizard is not a class I can claim to be an expert in, all I know is what I see from the healer perspective. If Drag thinks he can tank some damage I won't tell him to stop of course, though I will reign him in if he gets out of my heal range, lol.

you know i wait for rezes (mostly) and i cant say im a passive player, staying in the back while having r9r gear (not best shards maybe but good refines at least) is pointless, i cant do much throwing an ulti every once in a while, however, staying more in front lines, getting the purges and all the hits i can, usually helps my lovely cleric stay free to keep us alive...
    I mean... if all ranged ppl just come to front lines for 2 secs, and go back, who stays in front?? who can tank so many DDs? noone... so splitting aggro helps i think

then again, im still noobsih, so i may be wrong...
  • SonH - Dreamweaver
    SonH - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Pretty sure when I see Dragslave in TW, the people he wants to AOE just instantly force log and never return. Dragslave is my sensei, never fails to impress.

Ok honestly, Drag is good. Annoying as **** sometimes to fight against in TW, but like people have previously mentioned, his gears aren't incredible enough to stand out of the crowd. At least that's my perception anyway, not saying my perception holds true.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What our squad lacks, Drag, IS that melee tankish person like Aelicia, EX_tacy, a good barb, or whatsisface... the seeker. Lvl 105. Name slipped my mind. Uses belief a lot. Anyways, the best we have is Merang.. but he's an archer. He isn't actually *out front* lol. He's in the middle of our group as he's hitting them, so interestingly enough, he doesn't buffer as much dmg as he could be. He'd have to do some un-archerlike stuff to be the sorta out-front tankish person our squad needs more of. So when we have a ton of ranged dds, what we gotta do is cycle them in and out constantly, so ever time an enemy tries to set up focus fire, the person under focus gets to fall back and a new ranged dd in our squad cycles up. There is always somebody there, just never the same person for very long. This is how I envision it occurring ideally, and this does seem to happen naturally quite often. We make do with what we have, so yes sometimes its a good thing that you are out in the front of us all. All I'm trying to say is, you shouldn't *always* be that person, and I think you know that, you naturally port back when taking too much dmg, or when you get purged, etc.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL: