Make Nw Tokens Tradable Or Purchaseable

Options
Karmiel - Dreamweaver
Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Suggestion Box
Since PWI refuses to change the time or add a new time for NW that everyone who plays on the servers and pays for can not attend the times you have set.

AT LEAST MAKE THE NW Supply TOKENS

So that we can purchase them.

Many of us are falling behind in upgrades because we can not attend NW.

Putting us at a disadvantage over others.

And many of the upgrades require us to have these Supply Tokens.

This is unacceptable.

b:angryb:angryb:angry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Karmiel - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nayely - Sanctuary
    Nayely - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I wish this would happen. There would be no need to buy tokens / manu fee's from other players. Eventually though it will crash the catshop market for raps / cannies / other items people use tokens to create things with. f:thanks
    He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's like ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And ... He's wonderful.f:shy
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Problem is we can not upgrade our r9 rings or bound "gear" items without these supply tokens.

Maybe they could change the rewards from Nirvana to supply Tokens? What would this hurt?

Or another way in game to get SUPPLY TOKENS? There has to be another way to earn these.

Having the only way to make these on PVE servers is to attend PVP events that everyone can not attend is just crazy

Bad planning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayely - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Problem is we can not upgrade our r9 rings or bound "gear" items without these supply tokens.

Oh no, I understand where you're coming from. I'm just stating a fact for people who actually loves to make money off of them with my statement.f:defeat
    He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's like ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And ... He's wonderful.f:shy
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Then this is a good reason to make them trade able. Then they can all sale me their Supply Tokens we all win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayely - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Maybe they can set up an event that will give out tokens as rewards, Such events like attack on archo. Contribution = tokens
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I think it would be better to have an instance do this.

That way people in different times zones will have the option to also collect them.

That is why I talked about Nirvana which no one actual does anymore. Why not just change rewards to tokens.

Up the reward rate a bit and change to Supply tokens. Something like this would be any easy change for them and would work out for everyone involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have to agree with the fact that there has to be another way to get NW tokens, because as an Aussie, I cannot attend NW because it's 1pm on a Saturday and Monday and I work and have classes on both days, I'm currently looking at a hopeless situation of never being able to ever get any of the NW upgrades because I have bound gear and cannot attend NW.
    I don't like the Idea of the tokens being tradable, but I do like the idea of them being farmable.
    Turning Nirvy into a Supply Token farming instance sounds like a pretty good idea to me, But knowing PWI- nothing is going to be done to change anything major within the game, and this would be major, and that's sad q_q.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Nayely - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Well they also could just create a slot in the forge to change token from untradeable to tradeable with a fee to pay. Thus token prices wouldn't really kill the market. I don't know it is just a few ideas.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Sure. 1 boss = 1 supply token. Have fun farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Sure. 1 boss = 1 supply token. Have fun farming.

Or do like they did with the chest system. Chances to get betwwen 1-5 tokens on the final boss chest, and maybe 10 for 99 key quest.
  • Nayely - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Or do like they did with the chest system. Chances to get betwwen 1-5 tokens on the final boss chest, and maybe 10 for 99 key quest.

That doesn't sound half bad actually.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I don't understand people that did R9rr their char(s) on a server that is not on their time zone than complain about the events time.

I'm sure that 90% of the people complaining about time zone of the NW (and other events) and saying they can't upgrade their R9 ring were not even R9 when the EU servers arrived.

And I don't want to sound rude, but people that can't attend NW probably don't TW either, so what's the point of complaining about R9rr upgrade stuff if they don't TW? R9rr is way higher than what is needed to do any PVE in the game.

But since the SoW are tradable what they should do is to change the amount of tokens needed for SoW, example:

To recast the R9 ring, 1080 tokens are needed and 87 SoW + the money, than they should change the 1080 tokens for 22 more SoW, so 109 SoW total + the money, no tokens needed.

So that way EU people (and/or Aussie people) could just farm/merch and buy SoW and be able to upgrade their stuff.

Or they could let the way with tokens and SoW and add a way with only SoW, so people that can't attend NW can still get the upgrades a other way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Wouldn't it be better to have new time slot for NW?
    Like, Friday 20h server time and Sunday 14h server time?
    Cause nobody have TW at Sunday at 14h, so just replace that time with NW and EU people would have chance to do NW. That would be 23PM to 1AM in EU. Much more acceptable than 5:20AM to 7:20 AM when lots of has has work/college.
    I don't understand people that did R9rr their char(s) on a server that is not on their time zone than complain about the events time.

I'm sure that 90% of the people complaining about time zone of the NW (and other events) and saying they can't upgrade their R9 ring were not even R9 when the EU servers arrived.

And I don't understand how people can't understand that EU server was introduced too late? EU people already had R9 characters on NA servers when they introduced EU server. So we from EU should just throw away our money and do everything all over again, like we grow money and time on trees?
    They didn't offer us transfer to EU server or anything to help us start on EU server after we spent money and time on NA server.
    I'm not R9, but I did spend money and already had high level characters when we got server for our timezone.

If I want to have R9S3 just for PVE why do you care? Also, people with that gear have huge advantage in farming TT and have huge advantage in PK. So if I don't TW I'm not allowed to have fun in PK once in a while?
    But I do TW and I choose not to NW cause that's too exhausting. Waking up at 5:15 on Saturday for NW, then staying awake to 2AM for TW is not fun.

We are missing on every single event that happens each weak, so we should also miss NW? It is fun event, but at the wrong time for EU people.
    They can offer us account transfer to EU server or adjust NW time to suit everyone.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options

And I don't want to sound rude, but people that can't attend NW probably don't TW either, so what's the point of complaining about R9rr upgrade stuff if they don't TW? R9rr is way higher than what is needed to do any PVE in the game.

Let's just say that I moved to an EU server, that would put NW at some stupid time in the morning for me (I'm talking like 3-4am), NOT EVERYONE LIVES IN THE EU, FFS.
    Please point me towards the server that is Aust/NZ I'll be the first to apply for a character transfer.
    The fact that you are looking down on people who can't/don't attend NW and then assuming they cannot TW either Is a little offensive, I get up at 6am every single freaking Sunday to attend TW.
    And even if people cannot TW, what if hey just want to PK? go white name? you know, PvP the old fashion way?
    There is more to PWI than TW, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

Let's just say that I moved to an EU server, that would put NW at some stupid time in the morning for me (I'm talking like 3-4am), NOT EVERYONE LIVES IN THE EU, FFS.
    Please point me towards the server that is Aust/NZ I'll be the first to apply for a character transfer.
    The fact that you are looking down on people who can't/don't attend NW and then assuming they cannot TW either Is a little offensive, I get up at 6am every single freaking Sunday to attend TW.
    And even if people cannot TW, what if hey just want to PK? go white name? you know, PvP the old fashion way?
    There is more to PWI than TW, ijs.

Zheii you would leave us if there was a server transfer and an existing one for aussie b:cry
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Zheii you would leave us if there was a server transfer and an existing one for aussie b:cry

Nuuu of course not D:!
    I just might make an alt.. or two <,< >,>...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    if you can't attend NW due to time zone, then you obviously cant attend TW either so... you want NW updates for pve? b:puzzled I mean, sure, ok but still... you could think of it as pvp gear that you can't get without bathing your hands in blood or w/e xD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    those endless and useless discussion's bore me to deathb:sleep
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Not everyone can always be pleased with events on games and the time zones. Cut the shiit out and stop crying about it.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    best idea would be to add a new forge i guess.

example : right now for emperor : 900 tokens +72 sow + tome + fee

ok so tokens are needed to make people farm the instance, and not cash sow only. making tokens tradable is a bad idea.

if u have to replace tokens by sow, so even players who dont attend can craft, make it more expansive. 900 tokens = 40 sow, but make it 72 + 60 for example. might sux for players who CANT attend, but this way players who DONT WANT to attend, to cash only, dont have the easy way.

by the way : supply tokens to Nirvana : no no no and no. wasnt the mistake big enough? nirvana mats to nation wars? now need to put nation wars mats to other instance? one instance = its specific mats, keep it that way. if they change nirvana, they should change for something else
  • AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary
    AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    if u have to replace tokens by sow, so even players who dont attend can craft, make it more expansive. 900 tokens = 40 sow, but make it 72 + 60 for example. might sux for players who CANT attend, but this way players who DONT WANT to attend, to cash only, dont have the easy way.
    something else
    That is a really stupid idea. You forgot that SoW already cost more than just tokens? You know, that manufacturing fee. Making it 40 SoW would already make it more expensive, but I think people would be willing to do that, because it's at least an improvement on now.

Also, to the people who say "if you can get up for TW, you can get up for NW;" not that simple. For me TW is 4am. So I wake up at 3.30 to get squadded, buffed etc. and that's ok. Doing that on one morning is ok, but I used to do NW too. It used to take me til Wednesday to catch up with sleep and lose my panda-eyes. Then it started again on Friday. No, doing that 3 times a week just isn't healthy, so I don't do NW any more, and don't intend to for a while. At least until they get rid of the huge-*** map and make it worthwhile again.
    Name: AsMyliuTave
    Race: Winged Elf
    Class: Archer
    Spiritual Cultivation: Celestial Sage
    Level: 104-103-101
    Faction: Vindicate (Executor)
    Server: Sanctuary
    pwcalc.com/1c41e0adfdadd9f9
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This is OP specific reply. Find out one night/day, or in the future when you can. If you attend school, you can sacrifice some sleep after exams are done to farm nw to simply get the token requirements and buy the SOW.

If people are thinking of farming SOW, let me put this in numbers easy to understand.

1 sow = 50 tokens.

1 NW = 100 tokens or 200 tokens.

R9 upgraded ring = 1080 tokens + 87 sow

87 sow x 50 = 4350

4350+1080 = 5430

5 430 / 100 = 54 NW

5 430 / 200 = 28 NW

NW = once a week = 54 weeks = 1 year to get one ring

NW twice a week = 54/2 = 27 weeks = 7 months

NW = once a week = 28 weeks

NW twice a week = 14 weeks = 3.5 months.

A person who gets on average 200+ NW tokens = +11/+12 refined person

A person who gets 150~200 tokens on average = +8~+11 mix person

A person who gets 100 tokens on average = +6~+10 person

OP, see what kind of a person you are? Do you really want to spend the next 1 year, to 4 years farming your NW gear? Or simply buy the SOW, and do NW when ever time permits?

I refuse to accept that in 52 weeks, a person can not find a few weeks to do NW.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I agree that tokens should be tradeable. It irks me that I will never be able to engrave my necklaces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    yea lets make tokens tradeable.. might as well make basic badge tradeable too and the r8r mats from NW forges.. so no one will have to farm for gear but cash their way to new gears..

/sarcasm
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Allot of trolling here normal I guess however, none of them provided any reason that their game play should be more rewarding then the rest of us.

I have sank thousands into Dreamweaver and I think I deserve the same upgrades as the rest and PWI should provide the way for this to happen. After all we are all here to enjoy the game and friends that is what this is all about.

Fact, Many people do play on Dream weaver from around the world differing times zones.

Fact, many of us have made friends here and would never move are chars.

Fact, No one is trying to cash there way to the top.

Fact, the times for NW has unbalanced the playing field which allot of the trolls seem to like.

Fact, NW is not farming or grinding. Its an event with rewards based on completing some objectives like PKING.

There must be another way to get supply tokens.

New times for NW

Making an Instance which rewards you for completing a quest for the rewards.

Making it possible to trade tokens "with a fee" so those with bound gear can get upgrades.

There are many options I just wish PWI would listen for a change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Options

NOT EVERYONE LIVES IN THE EU, FFS.

Ofc not, but it's not a majority of people that live in Australia, but there will never be a perfect time that will please everyone.

But since the SoW are tradable what they should do is to change the amount of tokens needed for SoW, example:

To recast the R9 ring, 1080 tokens are needed and 87 SoW + the money, than they should change the 1080 tokens for 22 more SoW, so 109 SoW total + the money, no tokens needed.

So that way EU people (and/or Aussie people) could just farm/merch and buy SoW and be able to upgrade their stuff.

Or they could let the way with tokens and SoW and add a way with only SoW, so people that can't attend NW can still get the upgrades a other way.
    best idea would be to add a new forge i guess.

example : right now for emperor : 900 tokens +72 sow + tome + fee

ok so tokens are needed to make people farm the instance, and not cash sow only. making tokens tradable is a bad idea.

You pretty much took my idea and said it in your words.

It's not about EU people that don't want to attend, but some just can't.

I don't think that make the tokens tradable is a good idea, I even think that it would encourage even more the multi-client in NW cause people will be able to trade the tokens from alts to the main and upgrade their stuff more fast. (or even sell tokens for money)

Does EU people should have a way to be able to upgrade their stuff? Yes, but not a way that will make people that can attend NW to abuse it. Making tokens tradable will make the multi-client even worse and it's already enough annoying as it is to have freaking afk alts in all battles we enter.

So a way to upgrade with only SoW would make it possible for people that can't attend NW to upgrade their stuff without risking abuse of multi-client afk alts in NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

Nuuu of course not D:!
    I just might make an alt.. or two <,< >,>...

Yay you won't leave us <3 sorry i'm such a dork b:chuckle
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Since you like facts so much.

Fact, you knew what timezone the server you registered for was in.

Fact, you knew that any specific time events on that server would be happening at a time that benefits the MAJORITY the best.

Fact, PWE is not going to waste time and effort on an idea that caters to a tiny portion of the population and is open to abuse by the majority.

Fact, PWE is too busy working on "the next big thing" aka the piece of junk ARC.

Fact, life isn't fair.
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Since you like facts so much.

Fact, you knew what timezone the server you registered for was in.

Fact, you knew that any specific time events on that server would be happening at a time that benefits the MAJORITY the best.

Fact, PWE is not going to waste time and effort on an idea that caters to a tiny portion of the population and is open to abuse by the majority.

Fact, PWE is too busy working on "the next big thing" aka the piece of junk ARC.

Fact, life isn't fair.

To add to that something I posted a while ago in a other thread about the same issue.
    About Perfect World Entertainment Inc.

Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), primarily publishes online games and provides online services in North America. Aiming to provide the best game services to North American players with the highest level of commitment in localization, quality assurance, and user-friendly publishing infrastructure, Perfect World Entertainment has achieved great success and published a number of MMORPGs, including "Perfect World International", "Ether Saga Odyssey", "Jade Dynasty", "Battle of the Immortals", "Forsaken World" and "War of the Immortals"; and a single-player action-RPG "Torchlight". Perfect World Entertainment also licenses and operates popular games, including an action-based MORPG "Rusty Hearts".

Source: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=478291
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Fact: if there is a solution to make events more accessible to EU/... players without making them worse for US players there is no reason not to do it. In fact, it's more like if (profit from extra country X players) > (profit lost from US players).
    I don't think that make the tokens tradable is a good idea, I even think that it would encourage even more the multi-client in NW cause people will be able to trade the tokens from alts to the main and upgrade their stuff more fast. (or even sell tokens for money)

I don't see how making them tradable will majorly affect the token economy/encourage people to use more alts.
    Even low-level/gear/etc people make 50+ tokens per NW (which is I think the item that needs the most tokens) so it's not like they can't sell SoWs or use them to upgrade their gear (of their main). Also, at least in my server, SoW prices are just a tiny bit better than raps/cannies).

Sure, that selling them directly will increase the competition resulting in a price decrease (which further discourage alt farming) but it will be pretty slight.
    you only purge once #yopo