Absorb soul lvl 10 vs lvl 11

tanksex
tanksex Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Mystic
Hey guys i was wondering to get absorb soul lvl 11 ( demon ) or keep it lvl 10 cos i heard that lvl 10 ignores attack and defense lvls so now im confused please help
Post edited by tanksex on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IF your_attack_levels > avg_player_def_levels > THEN lvl11 ELSE lvl10

unless you fight a lot of psys in white voodoo, it's usually better to level it
    you only purge once #yopo
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I could go back in time and fix my skills, I would keep it at 10.
  • CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
    CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was told that demon absorb soul still ignored defense levels. Either this person wasn't aware of the glitch or it finally got fixed??
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's the same for sage and demon.
  • tanksex
    tanksex Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I could go back in time and fix my skills, I would keep it at 10.

so u tell me to get lvl 11 better ?
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tanksex wrote: »
    Hey guys i was wondering to get absorb soul lvl 11 ( demon ) or keep it lvl 10 cos i heard that lvl 10 ignores attack and defense lvls so now im confused please help

It depend on your attack lvl. So if you are or plan to be R9rr lvl11 is better, but if you have **** gears/weap and a low attack lvl than let it lvl10.

Yes lvl10 ignore the defense lvl of your enemy, but it also ignore your attack lvl, so if you have example 40 attack lvl and your enemy 70 defense lvl than yes lvl10 is better, but if you have 100 attack lvl and your enemy 50 defense lvl than lvl11 is better.

So it depend on what you plan to get as equipment, for now if your attack lvl is low let it lv10 and later when you will have your end game stuff lvl it 11 if you have a decent amount of attack lvl.
    edited August 2013
    tanksex wrote: »
    so u tell me to get lvl 11 better ?

no, the exact opposite.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Isn't Absorb Soul treated as a single tick DoT no matter the level, and as such, ignores attack and defense levels?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Both level 10 and level 11 ignore defense levels.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Isn't Absorb Soul treated as a single tick DoT no matter the level, and as such, ignores attack and defense levels?

Lvl10 ignore the defense lvl of the target and ignore the attack lvl of the mystic, lvl11 count the defense lvl of the target, but also the attack lvl of the mystic.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So... if you mostly PVE, get level 11 regardless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    Get level 11, there is no downside. It's extremely easy to test, find someone with demon absorb soul, have them take off their wep and hit you when you have omalley blessing on and off.. there is no difference in damage because defense level is ignored on both level 10 and level 11.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Get level 11, there is no downside. It's extremely easy to test, find someone with demon absorb soul, have them take off their wep and hit you when you have omalley blessing on and off.. there is no difference in damage because defense level is ignored on both level 10 and level 11.

That changed months ago. Back when lvl 11 DoTs were made to be influenced by atk/def lvls that also affected AS since it is, technically, a one-tick DoT. You can do that test now and see the result.
    So... if you mostly PVE, get level 11 regardless?

Yes, that is true, since mobs don't have def lvls.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    That changed months ago. Back when lvl 11 DoTs were made to be influenced by atk/def lvls that also affected AS since it is, technically, a one-tick DoT. You can do that test now and see the result.

Yes, that is true, since mobs don't have def lvls.

I tested this in the past month.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited August 2013
    I tested this in the past month.

Well I just tested again 5 mins ago against an opponent with and without O'Malley's and he took less damage when he equipped it. And I didn't use a weapon and I tested multiple times to account for the 1.3x damage. And I tested both in duel and in pk. I'm not missing anything and this change was more than a month ago so idk.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    Well I just tested again 5 mins ago against an opponent with and without O'Malley's and he took less damage when he equipped it. And I didn't use a weapon and I tested multiple times to account for the 1.3x damage. And I tested both in duel and in pk. I'm not missing anything and this change was more than a month ago so idk.

Either the person I was testing with was confused/lying or you are. I'll test again tonight when I get home.
  • Eledelelele - Lost City
    Eledelelele - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Either the person I was testing with was confused/lying or you are. I'll test again tonight when I get home.

Please don't tell me you are making a mystic b:shocked

Anyways, it is true that the lvl 11 verison doesn't bypass def lvls anymore, therefore get it only if ur atk lvl is over the average def lvl of other players except you want it for pve but who is using it there?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2013

There has been another thread talking about that, few months ago, and I remember having tested it at that time (with sage version) and the results were the same as Alexis ones.
    Maybe I will also try to test again in the upcoming days
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited August 2013
    typically, the average player has more attack levels than the defence levels of the average player (jones+g16 weapon+g16 armor)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's the thread about it, they was suppose to check into it, but we never got feedback about it.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1572421
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Klys passed this issue on to me, and I let our testing team know about this.

Hopefully we'll get this all sorted!

- Hey, You!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Dulcesito - Dreamweaver
    Dulcesito - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The def and attack lvl issue isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is that AS doesn't hit through IG/AD in PvP. I tried it multiple times in NW when people IG dug the flag and nothing. Used it in TW on people with AD on and nothing. Done it in duels and it works but that's lame.. It's a shame it was changed like this since it was one of the many reasons why I decided to quit my wiz for my mystic.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The def and attack lvl issue isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is that AS doesn't hit through IG/AD in PvP. I tried it multiple times in NW when people IG dug the flag and nothing. Used it in TW on people with AD on and nothing. Done it in duels and it works but that's lame.. It's a shame it was changed like this since it was one of the many reasons why I decided to quit my wiz for my mystic.

I doubt it was ever meant to work through immunity buffs.
    Venomancers can use Chi Burn and Mo Zun Taunt through AD/IG in duels but not in any other PVP situation.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited August 2013

It never ever hit through invincibility in any type of pvp outside duels, not even in the first days mystics appeared.
  • Dulcesito - Dreamweaver
    Dulcesito - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It never ever hit through invincibility in any type of pvp outside duels, not even in the first days mystics appeared.

I thought it used to D: But oh wells. Guess I was just hoping it'd work on IG b:sad
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think PWI should just let old mystics have an option to reset their AS level back to 10. I would do it in a heartbeat.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And you'd still be wrong.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think PWI should just let old mystics have an option to reset their AS level back to 10. I would do it in a heartbeat.

I wouldnt. I paid 7 million for that spell - cash shopped money. Gold was 1,375,000 at the time. Throw away at least $5? $5 that could have been saved to put toward R999, had my crystal ball told me we were going to be thrown this curve-ball down the road?

Nuuu! No fair! Retroactive rip off! You changed what I paid for! b:angry

Best anyone can do is warn others not to learn lvl 11 AS until they have true end-game gears or only use it against same gear-level players (impossible, I know, except for duels) - which for some of us could be never. b:chuckle
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    edited August 2013
    To be entirely fair...it's not just a matter of considering the average gear. In general in this game for gears in the same tier you're gonna have more atk lvls then def lvls. So against people with similar gear lvl 11 is best. That also implies that in a situation where lvl 10 AS would be better (aka you have less atk lvls then your opp def lvls) means you are very undergeared compared to your opponent.

Basically, choosing lvl 10 AS ->you lose your atk lvls against similarly geared opponents to gain a slight advantage with a overpowered opponent which you may have no chance against with or without AS. Remember having lvl 10 AS does not miraculously guarantee you a win when you're the underdog, unless you're content to always stay hidden and only triple-spark->AS (in which case pls roll a sin) however with same gear it may give you that extra atk you needed to win.

Let's also add that for PvE 11>>10 always because mobs/bosses/ have 0 def lvls. Honestly it's not the grim thing u guys make it out to be.
    edited August 2013
    Basically, choosing lvl 10 AS ->you lose your atk lvls against similarly geared opponents to gain a slight advantage with a overpowered opponent which you may have no chance against with or without AS.

technically, it also helps for psys in white voodoo and somewhat more useful for seekers.
    but I agree.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wouldnt. I paid 7 million for that spell - cash shopped money. Gold was 1,375,000 at the time. Throw away at least $5? $5 that could have been saved to put toward R999, had my crystal ball told me we were going to be thrown this curve-ball down the road?

Nuuu! No fair! Retroactive rip off! You changed what I paid for! b:angry

Best anyone can do is warn others not to learn lvl 11 AS until they have true end-game gears or only use it against same gear-level players (impossible, I know, except for duels) - which for some of us could be never. b:chuckle

7m? b:shocked

RT is ****, on HL it's 2-3m and still, I have 2 AS books sleeping in my bank cause I can't sell them.

A lot of people also told me ''change your culti to reset it back lvl10.'' and I was ''mhm no.'', cause #1 I love my sage culti, I don't want to be demon and #2 I have all skills expect Comforting mist (Just can't find that one and only get AS with OBP -.-) and Cragg (I won't pay 30m for something I don't use), so I won't trash 16 sage skills that worth probably over 150m all together just to get back AS lvl10. (Plus the item to switch the culti cost 10 golds). So change culti would cost around 300m just to get AS lvl10, lol it don't worth it. I prefer put that 300m on my R9rr and get 120 attack lvl which is higher than majority of people defense lvl, which will make my lvl11 better than lvl10 for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
This discussion has been closed.