Absorb soul lvl 10 vs lvl 11

2»

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let's also add that for PvE 11>>10 always because mobs/bosses/ have 0 def lvls. Honestly it's not the grim thing u guys make it out to be.

Its not a grim thing - as long as you dont mind NOT participating in TW, NW, or any other Event that involves fighting other players. It just severely limits ones ability to participate in and enjoy different aspects of the game. Im not a PKer, never have been really, but I still used to enjoy TW and NW.

When it is put to you that you HAVE to have gears that use attack and defense level to fully participate - then naturally you cant do those things until you DO get the gears. Im looking at 2 to 4 years of grinding and merching to get to that point, now. I used to just noobishly cash shop Platinum Charms and go merrily to the TW faithfully. No TW faction I have ever belonged to can say I missed even 1. No more though, need to save that gold for R9.

Sure, I can waste money and time for gears that are about half as good - but that just feels stupid to me. I already kinda did that once anyway. Bottomline: R9 or you are not really competing.

But you are correct Alexis, as long as one is content to do quests and BHs only, its no problem at all.

You also make a very good point in your reply to Chevalier. Nerfing yourself to fix a nerf? That's not a fix. Its six of one thing vs. a half dozen of the other. I understand how Chevalier feels completely - but its not an answer.

And sadly, when I really sit back and think about what would fix it (not that Im an expert on that sort of thing but) - although I dont understand why all our spells are not effected in this same way by the new mechanic, other than it involves going through def levels, I really dont come up with any kind of quick fix, unless there is a switch somewhere on AS that someone forgot to flip on, like one for - "if owner of level 11 spell has no att/def levels on their gears loop to level 10, while maintaining the lvl 11 bonuses."

7m? b:shocked

RT is ****, on HL it's 2-3m and still, I have 2 AS books sleeping in my bank cause I can't sell them.

A lot of people also told me ''change your culti to reset it back lvl10.'' and I was ''mhm no.'', cause #1 I love my sage culti, I don't want to be demon and #2 I have all skills expect Comforting mist (Just can't find that one and only get AS with OBP -.-) and Cragg (I won't pay 30m for something I don't use), so I won't trash 16 sage skills that worth probably over 150m all together just to get back AS lvl10. (Plus the item to switch the culti cost 10 golds). So change culti would cost around 300m just to get AS lvl10, lol it don't worth it. I prefer put that 300m on my R9rr and get 120 attack lvl which is higher than majority of people defense lvl, which will make my lvl11 better than lvl10 for me.

Lol, that was back in the day Bella. but if it helps RT look a little less **** for back then, I also only paid 10 Million for my Craggy. If you think back then was ****, you'd really flip at the prices now. b:chuckle

I totally agree with everything you said. 300 million is a third or more of basic R9. A reset is definitely not worth the investment if you don't already have the gears, and if you do - you don't need to reset. b:victory
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're right that pvp is limited by the gear you have. But that's just it. It's the gear. Not AS. And having lvl 10 AS won't suddenly compensate for lack of gear like many dream. It's pwi, it will always be gear first then skill.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tested this on a barb with 0 defense levels.

NV w/ 64 attk lvl: 26128 raw crit damage

AS w/ 64 attk lvl: 24593 raw crit damage

AS w/ 44 attk lvl: 22870 raw crit damage

NV w/ lucky break is still a much more reliable source of burst damage, even with attack levels, on every class except psy/cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013

NV w/ lucky break is still a much more reliable source of burst damage, even with attack levels, on every class except psy/cleric.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Burnout - Harshlands replied to a message that was 2 months 5 days 21 hours 48 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I assume you just used AS without do NV before, while in pretty much 99% of the case good mystics will do NV before use AS, but aren't you the one that said that mystic plants suck and have no use?

People just think ''AS is physical damage so it's just good against casters'', it really depend of the defenses of people and what buffs they have.

AS is kinda situational.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I assume you just used AS without do NV before, while in pretty much 99% of the case good mystics will do NV before use AS, but aren't you the one that said that mystic plants suck and have no use?

People just think ''AS is physical damage so it's just good against casters'', it really depend of the defenses of people and what buffs they have.

AS is kinda situational.

No, that's with the NV buff active. There are plenty of bad mystics who only look at damage, and not DPS. This works if you're fighting people with **** gears, who get 1/2 shot by everything, but in a high level fight where charm ticks actually matter? AS is extremely situational, at best, in that situation.

And no sh*t sherlock, it's dependent on buffs. But assuming the average defenses of a typical class, the only classes that have lackluster phy def nowdays is psychics and clerics. The vast majority of sins use phy def orns as well.

But sure, assuming you see an unbuffed BM using sage magic marrow? Feel free to waste 5 seconds to pop an AS on him. But those situations are the exception rather than the norm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.