Options

Comments

• Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    *reads carefully*
    synchroze wrote: »
    The Core Connect Achievement system and Core Token Shop will be closing in 30 days from today. If you currently have Achievement Points remaining, we highly encourage you to use them before the system is taken down.

Why are the Achievement system and Core Token Shop closing?

We're going to be implementing a whole new, revamped Achievement system and Token Shop under our new platform, Arc!

What will happen to my Achievements and Tokens?

Unfortunately, those won't be carried over to our new system, and when these two systems are closed, those items will be lost! Be sure to spend any tokens you have within the next 30 days!

But we'll have all new Achievements to earn and items to purchase under the new Arc platform! Stay tuned, as we'll be adding these new features and more to Arc soon!

*logs to core connect to get the pop-up:*
    NEW FEATURE
    Earning Achievements now gives you Tokens!
    Once you find yourself with some tokens, you can visit the Token Shop and buy prizes to help you level, look cooler than ever or just plain own the competition!

*laughs hilariously*
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You guys should know by now that PWE has long since mastered the art of having everyone complain into one or two thread about a subject and letting it sink below all the other threads.

The 100+ page threads that used to show up in 2009/2010 clearly showed that PWE can't/doesn't want to address issues and complaints.

Arc and its previous incarnations have been floating around in a perma-beta state since forever.
    It's here to stay, jsut like how core connect was brought on to us. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    once ARC is mandatory the private servers will be over populated and since WanMei sell the kit and the license i think they dont want to have to run a oficial server anymore well if PWI makes ARC mandatory a lot of us will simply stop playing b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    How much of a kickback is PWI getting to force us to use ARC? Is it really worth it for PWI to force the playerbase to use a system that clearly we are unhappy with. I am assuming the kickback is quite alot.

Also- in terms of privacy... How much privacy does ARC have? How much of my account info will others be able to see? (Core Connect currently allows different levels of privacy).
    Here we go again....
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Just when I start to think about coming back from my break

PWE will you ever stop pissing all over your playerbase? f:fume

I guess it's time to say goodbye for good f:gone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yup...token shop mailing still brokenb:cry I need those scrolls for pvb:angry
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So the response to my ticket about token shop being broken, in which I asked if it would be fixed before they removed it so that we could use our achievement points...

They said there was no knowing how long things would take to fix and that it might require waiting for a patch.

I'll be pretty ticked off if they make me lose my 1300+ points because they can't fix it before they close it down. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have a feeling its working for some and not for others, much like the dq points page does. I had no issues spending my pts. Used firefox , i don't have arc installed. Maybe if you tried a different browser it would work? Idk, just a suggestion. Worth a try anyway.
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have a feeling its working for some and not for others, much like the dq points page does. I had no issues spending my pts. Used firefox , i don't have arc installed. Maybe if you tried a different browser it would work? Idk, just a suggestion. Worth a try anyway.

This seems to be the case, but I have no idea of the root cause. I use firefox, and I have tried several other browsers already. And it has always worked in the past for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Doesn't work for me either. Meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Not tha i really cared about the "rewards" from my achiecements, it is a slap in the face to people who have no desire to use Arc, with force feeding them an unwanted program. It reminds me of PW being the wicked stepmother, and us being forced to eat liver and onions with a side of brussel sprouts. No thanks.

With the plethora of new and interesting MMOs on the horizon coming out of closed beta or going live soon, i think personally, once Arc is forced upon us to play, I will pack my PWI bags, say goodbye to friends, and walk off into the sunset towards a grand and new MMO adventure. I found PWI when it was actually an impressive game with tons of promise. I can find yet another.

Thank you, but no thank you for letting our concerns fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. It's nice to be unappreciated. Makes it easy to just close up shop and go, taking my money with me.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Trouty - Sanctuary
    Trouty - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This kinda sucks that we cant spend the tokens, mind you great response from the mods b:sad tried quite a few browsers none of the work (Commodo, Maxthon, Internet exp, Chrome)
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I tried with ARC worked for me. I guess try with ARC or clear your cache & cookies try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I tried with ARC worked for me. I guess try with ARC or clear your cache & cookies try again.

This could only mean that they are forcing ARC on us early...to even spend token shop tokens that worked previously without ARC.b:angry
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Well i just now tested the Token Shop page with Firefox works fine for me atm. All thou last night it was creating trouble for me wasn't loading at all.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    This could only mean that they are forcing ARC on us early...to even spend token shop tokens that worked previously without ARC.b:angry

The PWI'ed Piper might be playing his tune a bit early perhaps? How many shall follow off the cliff into the abyss below like good little sheeple?

I for one have earplugs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khallie - Sanctuary
    Khallie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I, personally have no serious issues with Arc. It actually works more efficiently for me...and I use a Windows XP Virtual Machine. While I get lag, its on the virtual machine itself, not so much Arc or PW.

While I can personally see your hang-ups with it...auto-logins, etc. Its not really THAT bad of a program. I think you're going a little...far, boycotting it completely.

However, I can say that, them trying to shove it down our throats isn't a good thing...had they not been forcing it on us...would you accept it a little more willingly?

Maybe, I always delete programs that piggy back other downloads...I do no t like installing something I am
    1. Not asked if I want it
    2. Made to use it and given no choice.

I downloaded Arc to install PWI then uninstalled it. PWI runs fine without it and why should I use something I do not want to. Some people like it, others hate it. from the pole most people hate it. I have in the past stopped playing a game that I had to use steam. Why should I use a third party program to play a game?? Life is all about choices and I choose to leave PWI it I cannot open PWI any other way except through ARC. Who cares about rewards..the old ones were crappy anyways.Would have to be some good stuff in there for me even to take a look and think about it.
    edited August 2013
    Options

Never going to download ARC, and clearing cache/cookies didn't work nor did using other browsers.

I never had a problem loading the page. Since they first announced it, it all loaded up quickly, but I just always get that error message (on my other accounts as well).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Thank you for the report. It has been forwarded to the developers for their information.

Please note we do not have an estimated time when testing will be completed concerning this issue. Any large changes that may be made concerning this issue will be announced in a future set of patch notes, which can be found on the forums after maintenance.

That's the reply i got from Customer Support when i submitted a ticket about this issue. So i guess what we all can do is pray & hope that we get to use our tokens before the site closed forever. I have even made a thread about this problem @ TechSupport Forum to get it addressed quickly but NO reply from any ADMIN yet. Check out> http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=32641
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Core connect and achievement tokens were basically worthless. So you are revamping rewards and forcing us to use ARC.

I have an idea, how about revamping the damn EVENT BOUTIQUE!!! It's as stale as month old bread left in the desert sun. It wouldn't even make good croutons.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

I have an idea, how about revamping the damn EVENT BOUTIQUE!!! It's as stale as month old bread left in the desert sun. It wouldn't even make good croutons.

I would love some new stuff there added there too...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited August 2013
    Options

That's the reply i got from Customer Support when i submitted a ticket about this issue. So i guess what we all can do is pray & hope that we get to use our tokens before the site closed forever. I have even made a thread about this problem @ TechSupport Forum to get it addressed quickly but NO reply from any ADMIN yet. Check out> http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=32641

That's the same reply I got, which is most obviously a cut and paste standard reply for a lot of issues, since if they were writing specifically about this problem they would not have said there could be large changes in a future patch.... because we have less than 30 days before it shuts down and we don't get patches all that often.

I'm not holding out much hope. My guess is that they won't bother with it, and for angry people they will give them free points in the ARC system. Because if you don't use ARC, you don't matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear
    AdagioSonata - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The one time I'm actually trying to spend token points and I can't even do that u.u
  • PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear
    PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options

I agree b:pleased
    And I have the same problem as so many others, I am not able to spend the token points i have. I would be very pleased if this could be fixxed. Thank you pwi b:pleased
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Unable to send b:faint
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So I've been trying since the day you announced it was closing, still haven't been able to send anything.
  • Awesomeonly - Raging Tide
    Awesomeonly - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    A Man To That 100% WE DONT WANT USELESS **** NO JOKE!!
  • funny911turbo
    funny911turbo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Can't spend tokens too. I'm trying for a week to spend them. I really hate this situation. And they don't even move the points to enw sistem if we don't get to spend them. They don't care about the playerbase anymore. I think there will be so many less players...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Seriously, still so many people who can't even send the damn things? C'mon PWE, that's lousy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Submariner - Morai
    Submariner - Morai Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I also cant send items from Token Shop
This discussion has been closed.