Just let me QQ for a bit...

Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
Title says it. Be warned >.>

Anyway I just got kicked out of a BH100(W3 of all things) for being too OP basically. Like...this was not me WC'ing that I wanted to run a BH39 or something. This was an end game BH(even if it is the easy one).

The cleric was lead and kicked me after saying that I should not be tanking and that the barb should (they were in same faction). Now yes. I over geared everyone in there. But seriously? I really got kicked because she did not want to heal me? Only the barb.

I thought clerics stood in BB in there the whole time anyway! Has this ever happened to anyone else? Dx
Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
Post edited by Sister_Warui - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was once kicked from BH Abba (the old one) for pulling every mob up to the door instead of allowing the barb to do it or letting the squad keep up with me because I had gotten into the habbit of soloing. The barb came up behind me and aggro'd the froggies before I had a chance to hit them and ended up wiping half the squad leaving me to pretty much solo anyway. As soon as they were dead I was kicked. lols were had.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    da'*** o_o"
    Sounds like you just got in the way of the barb and clerics twisted love D:
    Sorry you got kicked that totally sucks ._.
    It's never happened to me... because I usually run with faction/make my own squads/get invited to go.

Although really, If the barb can't keep aggro that's his own fault, not yours D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Well...Really I suppose it is my fault for going random squad. But I saw they needed a DD and were ready to go so I went. I just...I think the part that still gets me is the fact that in W2/3 the cleric normally sits in BB. The only time I do not see this is in OP squads where the cleric just DDs instead. But it is not like I was complaining...or even needed the heals! I duo with a Seeker all the time. *cries* I still need my BH...

• Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Uhm, I want to say troll post, but I'll give it a proper response anyway.

Some players/groups have their own methods for running instances such as BH and don't like it when OP players come in and mess up their system. In a way, I kind of understand where they are coming from. PWE killed squad dynamics with APS and R9 in general, not to mention R93. Some players want to play the game the way it was supposed to be played, and if they are the leader they can choose to do that.

A cleric not wanting to BB the entire BH also makes sense. Pots and charms cost money, pots may not cost much, but it does add up. They may have also been trying to teach the barb how to tank and you were too powerful to let that happen.

Either way, its interesting to see some players "fighting back" against the OP geared R9+ APS powerhouses that have dominated the elements of this game and crushed them into dust. Too little too late of course, and many have already jumped on the "if you can't beat them, join them" bandwagon, but people are free to play the game how they wish and if they think you're too OP for their squad and their play style, they have the priviledge of kicking you with lead. Don't want to get kicked? Start your own squad.
    edited August 2013

Some players/groups have their own methods for running instances such as BH and don't like it when OP players come in and mess up their system. In a way, I kind of understand where they are coming from. PWE killed squad dynamics with APS and R9 in general, not to mention R93. Some players want to play the game the way it was supposed to be played, and if they are the leader they can choose to do that.

A cleric not wanting to BB the entire BH also makes sense. Pots and charms cost money, pots may not cost much, but it does add up. They may have also been trying to teach the barb how to tank and you were too powerful to let that happen.

Either way, its interesting to see some players "fighting back" against the OP geared R9+ APS powerhouses that have dominated the elements of this game and crushed them into dust. Too little too late of course, and many have already jumped on the "if you can't beat them, join them" bandwagon, but people are free to play the game how they wish and if they think you're too OP for their squad and their play style, they have the priviledge of kicking you with lead. Don't want to get kicked? Start your own squad.
    Truly I would not have minded if more was said about it at all. Or even in chat/PMs to me. But the chat and squad was completely silent until the 'only barb should tank. not psychic. bye bye' post before Kick. Like during a full Delta or something...Yeah I understand and will fall in line. But w2? >.> Really? I mean maybe some of my anger is the fact that I absolutely cannot stand cookie cutter squad set ups and barb/cleric 'needed' squads for stuff like that. I was tanking pole/nob in my 7x levels as a psy relatively new to the game. It can be done.

Also I could care less if the Cleric did not want to use charms/pots. In fact by adapting(like smart people do) to the fact that I could tank it saves both the cleric AND the barb charm/pots. Or maybe they wanted to use it up to teach the barb tanking! Fine! ...but tell me maybe? or when I face roll the first wave of stuff...maybe ask me to let barb tank to learn? Either way it was silent up to the kick.

• SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Firstly the there is no indication that this person is r9, hell anything over TT99 is overpowered for this instance. The problem I find with this thread is that there are people still caught up in the old ways of doing things, this is no longer 2009... If they really wanted the squad dynamics and playing delta how it was intended they would have also had to have set up auras and set up there.

Things have changed, gear has improved it is not just jumping on a "bandwagon" it is just how the game has evolved over time. Barbs are no longer the best tanks and/or pullers in certain situations, clerics are no longer the only healers and we are doing instances that are 5 years old with significantly better gears.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013

....wut.

Here's the thing. This is a game with a variety of classes and a wider variety of people playing those classes, you can't do everything the exact same way every single time. You have to be able to adapt and be open minded. That's as much a part of the game as knowing what your skills do. Different people do things different ways and while it's okay to have a favorite way of doing something if someone in your squad can do something better than someone else and it doesn't make the run any slower then why not let them do it?

When you're leading a squad it isn't about what you want. It's about what's best for the squad as a whole and getting the job done. Sometimes you have to put aside whatever misguided notions of a "proper run" you may have and do what's best for the team. That kind of behavior is inexcusable. Let's use this as an example actually, say the Cleric was trying to teach the Barb how to tank and Warui was too strong to allow that to happen. It's a simple matter of:

a) Telling the squad that in the first place
    b) Telling the person out-tanking the barb mid-fight so they can slow down on damage

Kicking someone because they're doing their job too well? In what universe does that make sense? If you want to play the game "how it's supposed to be played" (which by the way is an ENTIRELY different argument that I'm not getting into as there's no true "way to play") then be sure to deny anyone who exceeds your limits from the get go so there's no confusion. Someone shouldn't have to sit there and do the work required only to be denied of their reward. It's selfish, petty, and usually the person getting kicked doesn't deserve it.

If you're going to kick someone, do it at the start. You have plenty of time to check gear before you actually begin the instance. You look like much less of a **** if you kick before you start and give an actual reason, even if it's a stupid one like "you're overgeared". It's not even a matter of being on a bandwagon, the gear is required to be competitive in PvP. The gear average is getting higher, it's natural progression. It may be the squad lead's right to kick, but it's one that is usually reserved for when someone is troublesome, of no use, or hinders the group as a whole, not for petty whims and misguided ideals of how this game should be played.

The people that are against "OP" geared people, and judging from your post you seem to be one of them, need to get over themselves. They're either jealous that they can't farm or cash shop the gear themselves and have convinced themselves that they are superior because they don't use it or live in complete ignorance and believe that it's wrong because it's a late addition to the game and are completely unable to adapt. Either way these people need to be straight forward with their views or learn how to adapt to change rather than shun those who do have the gear they consider so horrid.

You know what, **** being nice. You're an idiot. The fact that you actually stick up for people getting kicked because they're doing their job in a squad and label it as "fighting back" shows this. It isn't fighting back, it's not making a stand, it's being a petty moron and showing the inability to cope with a game's development. It's pathetic.

The real question we have to ask ourselves here is, if they truly believed Warui was too powerful and that the game was meant to be played without that level of gear... why did they let her get that far into the dungeon before kicking? (At least I would assume they were far as she mentions tanking, implying they were killing either mobs or bosses and that she did it enough for the Cleric to notice and rage kick.)

tl;dr

Get off your undergeared high horse and learn how to adapt, people like you and people like the leader of that squad **** me off to no end. And stop sympathizing with the ignorant.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Anyway I just got kicked out of a BH100(W3 of all things) for being too OP basically. Like...this was not me WC'ing that I wanted to run a BH39 or something. This was an end game BH(even if it is the easy one).

The cleric was lead and kicked me after saying that I should not be tanking and that the barb should (they were in same faction). Now yes. I over geared everyone in there. But seriously? I really got kicked because she did not want to heal me? Only the barb.

I thought clerics stood in BB in there the whole time anyway! Has this ever happened to anyone else? Dx

I think the problem is that someone didnt tell someone else that the OP, just like in High level runs through baby dungeons, are most likely going to pull aggro whether they want it or not (unless, ofc, if you really were trying to 'ape' the squad. b:chuckle).

If you let peeps know that you are probably going to pull aggro, they have a chance to wrap their mind around that fact, and put their egos aside. They could have told you that they were trying to practice, and your OPness would just totally muff any chance of them being able to do that up.

OP people know who all the other OP people are usually. Same with randoms - they know each other to some degree. Kudos to you for even considering doing a run with under-geared peeps, many OP peeps are too OP to run with the masses. b:thanks

I hope you do more randoms too, but be prepared for finding squads where they may be a little more going on than simply getting a random BH under your belt. Your OPness could prove to be a handi-cap, and you might have to wait for a random squad that frankly doesnt give a dayum who pulls all the aggro as long as they get their BH done.

@Zan,

I basically agree with you from the perspective that you are looking it. We all forget about kids though, and there are a lot of kids in randoms, at least on RT.

Kids are like kids anywhere - same tendencies, and if you think OP teen/adult peeps can be too serious, well, just think about how some of these guys use those 1337 WC trolls as roll models of how they are supposed to act.

Yes, everything needs to be technically correct, we need to be PRO! And, one day - OP gears or not - some of them will be. b:victory
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually, theres only a certain amount of times in there in a RB run where a cleric really does need to use BB for everyone (though many will BB through all of it)

But in general with a good squad in tow for the run, clerics will only need to use BB maybe at absolute most half the time that the waves show up, and will be perfectly fine in being able to be using their other heals during the rest of it when the squads in good form & synch...b:thanks
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited August 2013
    Kitty has been kicked from FC a couple times for the same excuse. And Kitty knows that sucks. But performing well seems to be underappreciated these daysf:meh
    Bit similar thing has also happened in Delta when Kitty would have liked to do it vortexing at spawnpoint but squad wanted barb to pull to vortex like many do.

Too bad naming ish forbidden by forum rules. Kitty would be happy to know who did this to make sure to not join their squads.f:fume
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I never could had dreamed that up b:laugh That is hilariously ****

I've never been kicked for being too OP (Probably cause everyone is a little p**** and really want a barb).

I've never kicked anyone for being too OP, hell I've never kicked anyone for being undergeared either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ~snip~
    tl;dr

Get off your undergeared high horse and learn how to adapt, people like you and people like the leader of that squad **** me off to no end. And stop sympathizing with the ignorant.

I cannot +1 this post harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cannot +1 this post harder.

Don't say that, you might get Zan aroused
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Eh, as much as I think the squad leader is silly, people can choose to invite people under whatever pretense they want. It reminds of when people complain when the squad leader gets drops and an essence in lunar. So long as you aren't being misled, and the rules were clear, then the onus really falls on you to deal with it.

Though, as you said, nothing was communicated, so it's the one who created the squad that is at fault here.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    but it's one that is usually reserved for when someone is troublesome, of no use, or hinders the group as a whole, not for petty whims and misguided ideals of how this game should be played.

It's a natural symptom of the gear elitism that claims people are useless because they they add a few extra minutes to a run. When running a random squad, I find the elitism and the natural push back of that to be pretty expected and typical when the differences are so big and thus the motivations for staying in one bracket or the other also drawing different types of fun seekers. There is only so long that you can refuse people from this squad or that squad, before others start refusing you from squad for being useless to their own goals. Which is playing the game to be enjoyed instead of rush, and which you get in the way of. IF you've ever WC "LF 5APS +10 Link weapon" you are part of the reason there is a pushback. You (and I don't mean you in specific) can't collectively foster a trend of elitism, exclusion, disrepect to those with less than you, and expect to be treated as someone who is so awesome and an asset by the people you excluded every time. There are consequences to every social trend, counter cultures that tend to develop as a result of them. Anywhere people are even in games. Games have lots of social structures that work the same as real life, after all. That's because it's still a collective group of people behind those pixels. MMO cultures can even be studied using the anthropological method. It's all still just people.

That being said, it was the cleric was a complete and total jerk for having you do so much work and then kicking you from squad Warui. If you pm'ed them and then they told you their plan, maybe gave you a chance ot leave of your own accord or hold back so the barb can learn, or whatever. That would have been one thing. But they were disrespectful, greedy (they didn't kick you from the start, they waited until you had already done a bunch of the work), and petty. If I were you, I would have blacklisted them for sure. This is the same kind of **** moves like kicking someone who sucked at FC, at the big room. It's a jerk thing to do, if you're going to kick someone don't do it before the reward after you've wasted their time and effort. It's a petty thing to do. And don't kick people for not being psychic either (no pun intended) because people can't read your mind. Kicking people for not doing what you wanted them to do when there are multiple ways to do thing and you said nothing, is also pretty petty and stupid.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    For the most part my BL is pretty small. Reserved for people I should not talk to/important people in my life would rather me not talk to. But the cleric and barb was from like the ONE faction I dislike mostly on the whole. I should have realized when I squadded but I just wanted to get my BH done and they were there... Two weeks ago the same faction had 2 people leave a FWS without a word...the FWS was late at night and crumbled after they left. ..I found them 10 minutes later PKing each other in West Gate...which means there was no emergency. No faction members of theirs needing help. They just decided to leave without telling us a thing...after pavs started. Still. Getting kicked half way through a w3 (we were one wave away from w2 boss) was just ridiculous.

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    For the most part my BL is pretty small. Reserved for people I should not talk to/important people in my life would rather me not talk to. But the cleric and barb was from like the ONE faction I dislike mostly on the whole. I should have realized when I squadded but I just wanted to get my BH done and they were there... Two weeks ago the same faction had 2 people leave a FWS without a word...the FWS was late at night and crumbled after they left. ..I found them 10 minutes later PKing each other in West Gate...which means there was no emergency. No faction members of theirs needing help. They just decided to leave without telling us a thing...after pavs started. Still. Getting kicked half way through a w3 (we were one wave away from w2 boss) was just ridiculous.

I think they definitely earned their spot then, people like that aren't worth the time and effort to squad with.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    couple things
    1 can i get a sparknotes/cliffnotes version of everything zan said before the get off ur undergeared high horse part?
    2 who in the hell kicks someone for being too OP?

i mean srsly. i think the fact that someone who is OP joining ur squad is like a godsend. with so mny ppl rushing to lvl 100 and not getting proper 100 gear (tt99+) or just not learning the pve basics of their class, it sometimes is hard to get ppl who know wat theyre doing and do it extremely well. Ive actually run bh warsong with a guy in tt70. tho wth the FW thing was about idk. that sounded like a pair of idiots to me.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    couple things
    1 can i get a sparknotes/cliffnotes version of everything zan said before the get off ur undergeared high horse part?

Welcome to the forums, Vik. Walls of text are common. tl;drs are not.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    da'*** o_o"
    Sounds like you just got in the way of the barb and clerics twisted love D:

I approve of what happened, we need more winged tigers to kill and throw down into lakes!
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wat is a tl:dr?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
    edited August 2013
    wat is a tl:dr?

Too long. Did not read...basically the spark notes of the wall of text before it. Although that wall of text I agree with completely.

• Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    ....wut.

Here's the thing. This is a game with a variety of classes and a wider variety of people playing those classes, you can't do everything the exact same way every single time. You have to be able to adapt and be open minded. That's as much a part of the game as knowing what your skills do. Different people do things different ways and while it's okay to have a favorite way of doing something if someone in your squad can do something better than someone else and it doesn't make the run any slower then why not let them do it?

When you're leading a squad it isn't about what you want. It's about what's best for the squad as a whole and getting the job done. Sometimes you have to put aside whatever misguided notions of a "proper run" you may have and do what's best for the team. That kind of behavior is inexcusable. Let's use this as an example actually, say the Cleric was trying to teach the Barb how to tank and Warui was too strong to allow that to happen. It's a simple matter of:

a) Telling the squad that in the first place
    b) Telling the person out-tanking the barb mid-fight so they can slow down on damage

Kicking someone because they're doing their job too well? In what universe does that make sense? If you want to play the game "how it's supposed to be played" (which by the way is an ENTIRELY different argument that I'm not getting into as there's no true "way to play") then be sure to deny anyone who exceeds your limits from the get go so there's no confusion. Someone shouldn't have to sit there and do the work required only to be denied of their reward. It's selfish, petty, and usually the person getting kicked doesn't deserve it.

If you're going to kick someone, do it at the start. You have plenty of time to check gear before you actually begin the instance. You look like much less of a **** if you kick before you start and give an actual reason, even if it's a stupid one like "you're overgeared". It's not even a matter of being on a bandwagon, the gear is required to be competitive in PvP. The gear average is getting higher, it's natural progression. It may be the squad lead's right to kick, but it's one that is usually reserved for when someone is troublesome, of no use, or hinders the group as a whole, not for petty whims and misguided ideals of how this game should be played.

The people that are against "OP" geared people, and judging from your post you seem to be one of them, need to get over themselves. They're either jealous that they can't farm or cash shop the gear themselves and have convinced themselves that they are superior because they don't use it or live in complete ignorance and believe that it's wrong because it's a late addition to the game and are completely unable to adapt. Either way these people need to be straight forward with their views or learn how to adapt to change rather than shun those who do have the gear they consider so horrid.

You know what, **** being nice. You're an idiot. The fact that you actually stick up for people getting kicked because they're doing their job in a squad and label it as "fighting back" shows this. It isn't fighting back, it's not making a stand, it's being a petty moron and showing the inability to cope with a game's development. It's pathetic.

The real question we have to ask ourselves here is, if they truly believed Warui was too powerful and that the game was meant to be played without that level of gear... why did they let her get that far into the dungeon before kicking? (At least I would assume they were far as she mentions tanking, implying they were killing either mobs or bosses and that she did it enough for the Cleric to notice and rage kick.)

tl;dr

Firstly the there is no indication that this person is r9, hell anything over TT99 is overpowered for this instance. The problem I find with this thread is that there are people still caught up in the old ways of doing things, this is no longer 2009... If they really wanted the squad dynamics and playing delta how it was intended they would have also had to have set up auras and set up there.

Things have changed, gear has improved it is not just jumping on a "bandwagon" it is just how the game has evolved over time. Barbs are no longer the best tanks and/or pullers in certain situations, clerics are no longer the only healers and we are doing instances that are 5 years old with significantly better gears.

Oh dear, I think what I said is being taken the wrong way. I simply stated some facts about the state of the game and peoples reaction to it. I did find it interesting that this happened but not too surprising. I told the OP that if they didn't want to worry about getting kicked they should start their own squad, you know, the same thing people say in WC ALL THE TIME.

I wrote my response with lack of information. I assumed there had been communitcation between the OP and the cleric as the OP did mention the cleric said she wanted to only heal the barb. It was only after my response that more of the story was revealed and I understood the "possible" full extent of what had happened. Do not forget we are only reading one side of this story. I will not comment on the OP's character as I do not know it, but I never assume everything is truthful on the internet. Hence why I assumed a possible troll post in the beginning.

That all being said. NOWHERE did I say I agreed with that cleric and that she was right in kicking the OP. I simply said I undersood why she did it. I do NOT condone the kicking of ANYONE from a squad with lack of reason or communication, period. I have left several squads that have done so. I am also not impressed by the clerics stance for A simple W2/3 BH. I did state some reasons as to why they may feel that way and why they were doing what they were doing but that has nothing to do with my own opinions.
    Likewise, as its wrong for that squad to kick the OP because they didn't fit their playstyle and didn't communicate about it properly (at the very least they could have just asked her to sit back and let them do it the old fashioned way) it is equally wrong to assume everyone has to adapt to yours. The "My way or the highway" approach is used by both extremes and neither is any more correct than the other.

As for the game evolving, its no mystery as to what I think on that topic. The game is what it is however and I usually just leave it at that. I said I understood, but understanding something does not mean you support it.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Likewise, as its wrong for that squad to kick the OP because they didn't fit their playstyle and didn't communicate about it properly (at the very least they could have just asked her to sit back and let them do it the old fashioned way) it is equally wrong to assume everyone has to adapt to yours. The "My way or the highway" approach is used by both extremes and neither is any more correct than the other.

I'm going to let someone else deal with the rest of your post, but I couldn't let this statement slide because it's an argument I hear all the time in all sorts of contexts.

"His way" is not "you have to let OP people run all your squads." "His way" is that you should be open to allowing different people in your squads, even if it means you can't run things the way you like to. He's advising toleration and adaptability, not getting your own way all the time. Toleration and adaptability is not an extreme view. It is a middle-ground view, and no, it is not "equally wrong" to say that people should be more tolerant.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Oh dear, I think what I said is being taken the wrong way. I simply stated some facts about the state of the game and peoples reaction to it. I did find it interesting that this happened but not too surprising. I told the OP that if they didn't want to worry about getting kicked they should start their own squad, you know, the same thing people say in WC ALL THE TIME.

See, this here. This is ignorant. This is horrible advice to give. Nobody should be afraid of being kicked from a squad for any reason other than being incompetent at their class to a degree that majority of the squad they're in decide they're better off without them. You can't tell her to just make a squad all the time, if everyone followed that there would be nothing but squads of one because of people being scared to get kicked. It shouldn't be like that. This is an MMORPG, teamwork should be emphasized and encouraged regardless of gear levels or class limits. It's true sometimes making a squad is better overall for getting the results you want, but to give that as advice to avoid being kicked is a mistake. It's not some general rule to follow, if you're gonna give advice make sure it's at least good.

I wrote my response with lack of information. I assumed there had been communitcation between the OP and the cleric as the OP did mention the cleric said she wanted to only heal the barb. It was only after my response that more of the story was revealed and I understood the "possible" full extent of what had happened. Do not forget we are only reading one side of this story. I will not comment on the OP's character as I do not know it, but I never assume everything is truthful on the internet. Hence why I assumed a possible troll post in the beginning.

The OP clearly states the reason Warui was kicked. There was no lack of information aside from how far in the dungeon they were and how long it took for the Cleric to decide she shouldn't be allowed to tank. Any other information is irrelevant. I don't care what their squad setup was or what size shoes the Cleric wears. You shouldn't assume, you know what they say about it. If anything is to be learned from these forums it's that trolls can be serious and serious people can be trolls. It just depends on their mood or what they're trying to get across. I'm about as good an example of this as you can hope to get.

That all being said. NOWHERE did I say I agreed with that cleric and that she was right in kicking the OP. I simply said I undersood why she did it. I do NOT condone the kicking of ANYONE from a squad with lack of reason or communication, period. I have left several squads that have done so. I am also not impressed by the clerics stance for A simple W2/3 BH. I did state some reasons as to why they may feel that way and why they were doing what they were doing but that has nothing to do with my own opinions.

You didn't have to, your wording does that for you. At the very least it implies that you think what they did is justified, or at least the type of actions they took as a whole are. I'm unsure as to why you're bringing up the opposite end of the spectrum as nobody so far has seemed to have a problem with that situation. In fact in all my years of playing I don't believe I've ever met someone so adamant about a certain way of doing things that they'd kick you for any deviation, and that's certainly not how I play. Though as long as it's brought up, I'd have to agree. That's just as stupid as what happened to Warui. As I've already stated it's an MMORPG with different classes and different people playing them, adaptability is a trait that the people playing should possess.

As for the game evolving, its no mystery as to what I think on that topic. The game is what it is however and I usually just leave it at that. I said I understood, but understanding something does not mean you support it.

Not supporting it doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to adapt to it.

I typed a lot gosh darnit what do you mean I need at least 5 characters.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Firstly the there is no indication that this person is r9, hell anything over TT99 is overpowered for this instance.

I have a very above average geared wizard that despises vit clerics with tt99 weapons because they are most often far worse than not having BM buffs but a good cleric. TT99 is also class/ build dependent.
    The problem I find with this thread is that there are people still caught up in the old ways of doing things, this is no longer 2009... If they really wanted the squad dynamics and playing delta how it was intended they would have also had to have set up auras and set up there.

I don't understand why people bother with spawn runs for wave 2, but do them anyway because most of the players in this game are ...
    Barbs are no longer the best tanks and/or pullers in certain situations

Never were: do search on Valley of Disaster bosses.
    clerics are no longer the only healers and we are doing instances that are 5 years old with significantly better gears.

Wizards were healers too: they just suck at it. There was a single time I remember that a cleric died and I ended up being a wiz healer of another wiz who range tanked a boss that was harsh on melee. I think if more range tanking / runs were implemented: Wiz might be more considered a healer. I'm tempted to comment to some clerics how my wiz could heal better.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    I have a very above average geared wizard that despises vit clerics with tt99 weapons because they are most often far worse than not having BM buffs but a good cleric. TT99 is also class/ build dependent.

I don't understand why people bother with spawn runs for wave 2, but do them anyway because most of the players in this game are ...

Never were: do search on Valley of Disaster bosses.

Wizards were healers too: they just suck at it. There was a single time I remember that a cleric died and I ended up being a wiz healer of another wiz who range tanked a boss that was harsh on melee. I think if more range tanking / runs were implemented: Wiz might be more considered a healer. I'm tempted to comment to some clerics how my wiz could heal better.

Wizard doesn't heal better than Cleric. They have one healing skill with a long channeling time as opposed to a Cleric's diverse array of healing skills, very few of which take long to channel. Whatcha on bruh
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to let someone else deal with the rest of your post, but I couldn't let this statement slide because it's an argument I hear all the time in all sorts of contexts.

"His way" is not "you have to let OP people run all your squads." "His way" is that you should be open to allowing different people in your squads, even if it means you can't run things the way you like to. He's advising toleration and adaptability, not getting your own way all the time. Toleration and adaptability is not an extreme view. It is a middle-ground view, and no, it is not "equally wrong" to say that people should be more tolerant.

I understand what your trying to say, but you don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say. I am not attacking Zanryu here. I am trying to respond neutrally while stating that these two extremes exist and "your" is used in a more all encompassing context. However...

I do not consider this tolerant or a proposal that all types of people be allowed in squads. I consider it jumping to conclusions and attacking someone because they have a different opinion on how the game has progressed, or regressed. I have already commented on my mistake and to be honest I still question whether the OP is telling the whole truth. However, assuming she is I have already stated how I truly feel about her predicament.

See, this here. This is ignorant. This is horrible advice to give. Nobody should be afraid of being kicked from a squad for any reason other than being incompetent at their class to a degree that majority of the squad they're in decide they're better off without them. You can't tell her to just make a squad all the time, if everyone followed that there would be nothing but squads of one because of people being scared to get kicked. It shouldn't be like that. This is an MMORPG, teamwork should be emphasized and encouraged regardless of gear levels or class limits. It's true sometimes making a squad is better overall for getting the results you want, but to give that as advice to avoid being kicked is a mistake. It's not some general rule to follow, if you're gonna give advice make sure it's at least good.

The OP clearly states the reason Warui was kicked. There was no lack of information aside from how far in the dungeon they were and how long it took for the Cleric to decide she shouldn't be allowed to tank. Any other information is irrelevant. I don't care what their squad setup was or what size shoes the Cleric wears. You shouldn't assume, you know what they say about it. If anything is to be learned from these forums it's that trolls can be serious and serious people can be trolls. It just depends on their mood or what they're trying to get across. I'm about as good an example of this as you can hope to get.

You didn't have to, your wording does that for you. At the very least it implies that you think what they did is justified, or at least the type of actions they took as a whole are. I'm unsure as to why you're bringing up the opposite end of the spectrum as nobody so far has seemed to have a problem with that situation. In fact in all my years of playing I don't believe I've ever met someone so adamant about a certain way of doing things that they'd kick you for any deviation, and that's certainly not how I play. Though as long as it's brought up, I'd have to agree. That's just as stupid as what happened to Warui. As I've already stated it's an MMORPG with different classes and different people playing them, adaptability is a trait that the people playing should possess.

Not supporting it doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to adapt to it

Again, your only seeing what you want to see, which means arguing with you is pointless. I have been in many squads where the opposite of what you say is true. I will not go further than that because that is not the point of this thread, nor do I want to make one pertaining to that topic because it would just start an argument where no one would get anywhere. As far as adapting, I have, I still play this game which is more than I can say for a lot of people and my toon does have full mid to high refined S3 gear, not as OP as R93 but still OP in PVE. Your final statement makes absolutely no sense to me. In the context I said that last line, I was referring to the clerics actions and her feelings on not squading or working with peeps with OP gear. Your saying I should adapt to that when you spend a whole rant telling me what an idiot I am for supporting something I clearly said I don't support?

I'm done here. Attack me all you want, I've said what I need to say.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013

Again, your only seeing what you want to see, which means arguing with you is pointless. I have been in many squads where the opposite of what you say is true. I will not go further than that because that is not the point of this thread, nor do I want to make one pertaining to that topic because it would just start an argument where no one would get anywhere. As far as adapting, I have, I still play this game which is more than I can say for a lot of people and my toon does have full mid to high refined S3 gear, not as OP as R93 but still OP in PVE. Your final statement makes absolutely no sense to me. In the context I said that last line, I was referring to the clerics actions and her feelings on not squading or working with peeps with OP gear. Your saying I should adapt to that when you spend a whole rant telling me what an idiot I am for supporting something I clearly said I don't support?

I'm done here. Attack me all you want, I've said what I need to say.

...but this is your last line.

That has nothing to do with the Cleric, that's a general statement.

I don't really see much point in typing anything in response to the rest of your post. It wouldn't be on subject and I don't want want to risk getting this closed as I know certain people are more than eager to over-enforce rules on me. I bid you good day.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I approve of what happened, we need more winged tigers to kill and throw down into lakes!

...xD'
    We can just do this to them<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
This discussion has been closed.