Core Connect Achievement & Token Shop Will Be Closing Soon

Comments

• Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, how about fixing the site before pointing everyone over there to use it? What a waste of time.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    synchroze wrote: »
    The Core Connect Achievement system and Core Token Shop will be closing in 30 days from today. If you currently have Achievement Points remaining, we highly encourage you to use them before the system is taken down.

Why are the Achievement system and Core Token Shop closing?

We're going to be implementing a whole new, revamped Achievement system and Token Shop under our new platform, Arc!

What will happen to my Achievements and Tokens?

Unfortunately, those won't be carried over to our new system, and when these two systems are closed, those items will be lost! Be sure to spend any tokens you have within the next 30 days!

But we'll have all new Achievements to earn and items to purchase under the new Arc platform! Stay tuned, as we'll be adding these new features and more to Arc soon!

Hey,
    **** you.
    Bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, how about fixing the site before pointing everyone over there to use it? What a waste of time.

I had used all possible Core Connect Achievement points to buy items at Token shop.

And it was today.
  • Kurara - Dreamweaver
    Kurara - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You guys expect something good from the current PW staff? lol I don't.
    Now they like to call people liers and if they can't get a comeback on you they will ignore you. So yeah, gl with being heard. >_> At least Val made the difference.. and that didn't last long it seems...

I'll wait to see what the new buggy stuff will look like.

PS Arc only stores your acc name not pass >_> have that on another PC
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yuck Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The playerbase has agreed that Arc is pretty bad yet PWE keeps trying to push towards it. Why is that?

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i have yet to have a problem spending and sending items to my toon..
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty much sure that players of other PWE games are also not happy with this decision made & rebelling like us. b:angry Example > http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=625172
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well i just sent silkworms to all m chars on all my accounts, so it does work for me ... also sent some fash in woi, but meh, not much to get from the token shop, unless you play fw, and I rarely do so, but fw shop had cool aoe pet skills which looked nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xemmyloux
    xemmyloux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So does this mean i need to download arc? .-. Also, sending of items keeps failing. D: Possibly cause everyone's redeeming them now? UGH.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, basically will no longer be considered as customer if we are not using arc? b:shocked

Can you at least make an achievement page that is outside arc?

As if PWI is telling us "You're not using ARC, you're achievement does not count" b:cry

This.

Read the replies to this post. Read the poll thread that has been made and linked here. The majority of the playerbase DOES NOT WANT ARC.

And now you are telling those of us that have been playing the game for years and like it the way it is, that we don't count?

I personally always hated Core Connect and don't find it much of a loss. However, as a player who has been here since 2008 and will not be downloading any useless garbage that I don't need, this is a real slap in the face. All we ever wanted was for you guys to CARE about the playerbase, and now you are telling us that we don't matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This.

Read the replies to this post. Read the poll thread that has been made and linked here. The majority of the playerbase DOES NOT WANT ARC.

And now you are telling those of us that have been playing the game for years and like it the way it is, that we don't count?

I personally always hated Core Connect and don't find it much of a loss. However, as a player who has been here since 2008 and will not be downloading any useless garbage that I don't need, this is a real slap in the face. All we ever wanted was for you guys to CARE about the playerbase, and now you are telling us that we don't matter.

This +1
    Pretty much says it all. All we want is to be listened to. All this shows is how good a job pwe is doing at ignoring us.
    Not one thing on this thread has been positive with regards to Arc. I wonder at what point in the future our player base has to be depleted to due to pwe staff negligence will they realise how stupid they've been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • DoesntMatter - Harshlands
    DoesntMatter - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys, Do you wanna know why pwi doesnt respond to the playerbase arguments?

Because it DoesntMatter what they do.. there will always be people whining about everything.

As simple as that.

They can take ideas, try "new" things, but there is no way to please every fracking soul on this comunity.

Just installed the Super fracking Arc 3000, right now its consuming 39mb of ram for doing absolutely nothing.

Im not gonna whine about my precious 39mb's of ram, but i am really hoping that they implement a nice reward system even if the new system uses arc or not.
    //#######################################//
    Surviving in a world full of crazy humans, or perhaps i am the crazy one?
  • Zoteev - Sanctuary
    Zoteev - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xemmyloux wrote: »
    So does this mean i need to download arc? .-. Also, sending of items keeps failing. D: Possibly cause everyone's redeeming them now? UGH.

I thought it was only me lol, but yeah I can't spend my tokens on PWI fash it says "Sorry, failed to send item. Please try again." and the "Gift to Friend" option also does not work f:angry
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty much sure that players of other PWE games are also not happy with this decision made & rebelling like us. b:angry Example > http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=625172

I'm not surprised that any of the known PWE games like JD that have private server equivalents, are not liking Arc very much.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    Ohai new GM
    We appreciate the update, but since you are new here, I wouold like to inform you about why the majority of us are not happy with Arc's set up.
    Please look at our poll/petition, and have a nice day.
    Sincerely, the oreo elf.
    Way to go PWI ignore all the negative posts about ARC and lose even more customers I for one will not be using ARC and if i cannot access game without it I will be gone. (e.g. Simply Leave lol)
    We do not need more unnecessary background processes running on our machines, why not put the effort into improving the game play instead of giving us something we clearly do not want.

Check to poll results. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1606981
    Hi, welcome to our forums! Thanks for not listening to the player base x9000 times!

The statement should sound more like...

We hope most of you players leave soon, because you can't deal with our buggy bloatware that must come bundled with our titles! Once you all leave our game, we can shut down the servers and begin working on more profitable titles! Make sure to spend all your token points, because in order to get access to the new items, we must force our bloatware down you and your machine's throats!

Have a nice day players of PWI, that we refuse to listen too since late 2009.
    Just since this hasn't been posted since the first page....

I'm curious why there hasn't been a proper response to this, despite the PM's I sent and the requests in the thread.
    Just an update....

So far the poll shows that merely 7.17% of our readers are in love with ARC, and that an overwhelming 92.83% would prefer the three other classic methods.

I am even more amazed that we have gotten so little response to this from the GM's and even less from our Community Manager. (Who incidentally, is now leaving us.)

At least bring back the torrent method. That's the easiest and has the least amount of load on your distribution servers. Not to mention that it has a lower overhead cost than Pando.

We got a token response to this in a Quality Corner thread, but have not gotten anything definitive at all. Basically we just got the typical PWE cop-out response. IMHO, we deserve a better response than that. At a minimum, please explain exactly why you "cannot simply go back to [y]our previous distribution methods", and what your future plan is, with some kind of ETA to a viable alternative to ARC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "An error occured during your transaction."b:cry
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Ediger - Raging Tide
    Ediger - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.3e3c4317.1375292361.2e16d5f1

... any update about this error getting fixed?
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe its just the load on the system but I also cannot redeem tokens at the moment.
    Sometimes the site hangs then gives the error:

"An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.d24fe3e.1375300182.3e6a4b5"

Sometimes I get right to the page to send it to my character but then I get:

Error
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    This.

Quoted for truth :/
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unless the rewards for achievements are going to be amazing, I see no point in DLing ARC for this ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok I don't have much of a clue as to how Arc works since I don't have it and never wanted to bother with it if it wasn't necessary, but poking around the forums makes it pretty clear how bad it is now that I'm more informed....
    Also, the Core Connect page hasn't been working for me for the passed two days...Please don't tell me we need Arc for it to work now already.

Do not want.

f:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, while both core and arc are pretty broken, the difference is that arc actually affects your gameplay. Do. Not. Want.

Besides, even the item sending function on core connect is broken atm <<

And I doubt I'm the only one who wants to keep their achievements. Quite itneresting to know when you started or leveld which character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013

And I doubt I'm the only one who wants to keep their achievements. Quite itneresting to know when you started or leveld which character.

Yep ._. I like looking at my achievements from time to time.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yep ._. I like looking at my achievements from time to time.

What we achieved after playing for so many years ? nothing.... PWE is not willing to hear us, what we think, what we need & what we want. Our real achievement is ZERO i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    synchroze wrote: »
    The Core Connect Achievement system and Core Token Shop will be closing in 30 days from today. If you currently have Achievement Points remaining, we highly encourage you to use them before the system is taken down.

Why are the Achievement system and Core Token Shop closing?

We're going to be implementing a whole new, revamped Achievement system and Token Shop under our new platform, Arc!

What will happen to my Achievements and Tokens?

Unfortunately, those won't be carried over to our new system, and when these two systems are closed, those items will be lost! Be sure to spend any tokens you have within the next 30 days!

But we'll have all new Achievements to earn and items to purchase under the new Arc platform! Stay tuned, as we'll be adding these new features and more to Arc soon!

Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error

1) When will we actually be able to USE our points before the shop is closed?
    2) No one wants ARC. Stop forcing it to us.
    3) I doubt you or anyone that matters will read any of these posts, let alone reply to any of them.
    b:bye
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    QUOTING THIS FOR THE CM TO SEE.
    Just an update....

So far the poll shows that merely 7.17% of our readers are in love with ARC, and that an overwhelming 92.83% would prefer the three other classic methods.

I am even more amazed that we have gotten so little response to this from the GM's and even less from our Community Manager. (Who incidentally, is now leaving us.)

At least bring back the torrent method. That's the easiest and has the least amount of load on your distribution servers. Not to mention that it has a lower overhead cost than Pando.

We got a token response to this in a Quality Corner thread, but have not gotten anything definitive at all. Basically we just got the typical PWE cop-out response. IMHO, we deserve a better response than that. At a minimum, please explain exactly why you "cannot simply go back to [y]our previous distribution methods", and what your future plan is, with some kind of ETA to a viable alternative to ARC.

I miss Val.......Prove yourself to be a good CM and actually listen. Usually Val would have respond by now....b:shutup

You can always just say no. At least you tried and whatnot...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I miss Val.......Prove yourself to be a good CM and actually listen. Usually Val would have respond by now....b:shutup

You can always just say no. At least you tried and whatnot...

Pretty sure our current CM is just temp until we get a new one as he's also CM for two other games atm. I wouldn't expect too much, though I would like an answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ResiaTri - Heavens Tear
    ResiaTri - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I, personally have no serious issues with Arc. It actually works more efficiently for me...and I use a Windows XP Virtual Machine. While I get lag, its on the virtual machine itself, not so much Arc or PW.

While I can personally see your hang-ups with it...auto-logins, etc. Its not really THAT bad of a program. I think you're going a little...far, boycotting it completely.

However, I can say that, them trying to shove it down our throats isn't a good thing...had they not been forcing it on us...would you accept it a little more willingly?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I, personally have no serious issues with Arc. It actually works more efficiently for me...and I use a Windows XP Virtual Machine. While I get lag, its on the virtual machine itself, not so much Arc or PW.

While I can personally see your hang-ups with it...auto-logins, etc. Its not really THAT bad of a program. I think you're going a little...far, boycotting it completely.

However, I can say that, them trying to shove it down our throats isn't a good thing...had they not been forcing it on us...would you accept it a little more willingly?

The thing is, I can play PW fine now by itself and have been doing so for 5 years. I don't need another program, and I don't want another program. I have enough **** on my laptop to bother with something else I don't need. Unless they put things in ARC that made it absolutely awesome and beneficial in multiple ways, I would not ever bother with it.

I have Steam because I needed it to buy Skyrim, and I very much dislike it and wish I could do away with it. If this is the same idea as Steam (as people are saying), there is pretty much nothing they could ever do to make me download it. The day I am actually forced to use it to play is the day I quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
This discussion has been closed.