Core Connect Achievement & Token Shop Will Be Closing Soon

Options
synchroze
synchroze Posts: 0
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
The Core Connect Achievement system and Core Token Shop will be closing in 30 days from today. If you currently have Achievement Points remaining, we highly encourage you to use them before the system is taken down.

Why are the Achievement system and Core Token Shop closing?

We're going to be implementing a whole new, revamped Achievement system and Token Shop under our new platform, Arc!

What will happen to my Achievements and Tokens?

Unfortunately, those won't be carried over to our new system, and when these two systems are closed, those items will be lost! Be sure to spend any tokens you have within the next 30 days!

But we'll have all new Achievements to earn and items to purchase under the new Arc platform! Stay tuned, as we'll be adding these new features and more to Arc soon!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up synch!

And your new avatar ._.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ohai new GM
    We appreciate the update, but since you are new here, I wouold like to inform you about why the majority of us are not happy with Arc's set up.
    Please look at our poll/petition, and have a nice day.
    Sincerely, the oreo elf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Welp, time to find some random things to spend my tokens on, since the items never actually appealed to me before. But since they're going to poof soon, might as well use 'em right?
    Thanks for the heads up fluffy panda synch! :D

f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Way to go PWI ignore all the negative posts about ARC and lose even more customers I for one will not be using ARC and if i cannot access game without it I will be gone. (e.g. Simply Leave lol)
    We do not need more unnecessary background processes running on our machines, why not put the effort into improving the game play instead of giving us something we clearly do not want.

Check to poll results. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1606981
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Christ... 9k posts >.>
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Sorry tweakz, An error occured during your transaction.

Sorry, failed to send item. Please try again.

If you have further questions, please contact Customer Support or visit the FAQ.

Please try again -lol: how many more times?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    The Core Connect Achievement system and Core Token Shop will be closing in 30 days from today. If you currently have Achievement Points remaining, we highly encourage you to use them before the system is taken down.

We're going to be implementing a whole new, revamped Achievement system and Token Shop under our new platform, Arc!

What will happen to my Achievements and Tokens?

Unfortunately, those won't be carried over to our new system, and when these two systems are closed, those items will be lost! Be sure to spend any tokens you have within the next 30 days!

But we'll have all new Achievements to earn and items to purchase under the new Arc platform! Stay tuned, as we'll be adding these new features and more to Arc soon!

Hi, welcome to our forums! Thanks for not listening to the player base x9000 times!

The statement should sound more like...

We hope most of you players leave soon, because you can't deal with our buggy bloatware that must come bundled with our titles! Once you all leave our game, we can shut down the servers and begin working on more profitable titles! Make sure to spend all your token points, because in order to get access to the new items, we must force our bloatware down you and your machine's throats!

Have a nice day players of PWI, that we refuse to listen too since late 2009.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Have a nice day players of PWI, that we refuse to listen too since late 2009.
    This is actually, not at all true, we'll see how long but.. I know for a fact they listen. Val did something quite amazing in his time, and because of that, the high-ups are also listening now as well. Once it's revealed (the cryptic subject I am speaking about) I will reveal what it was
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    This is actually, not at all true, we'll see how long but.. I know for a fact they listen. Val did something quite amazing in his time, and because of that, the high-ups are also listening now as well. (once it's revealed (the cryptic subject I am speaking about) I will reveal what it was

Val did listen to the players, I agree. Him and Spoons did genuinely care. However, do you know how many staff that have come to PWI forums spitting lies and cover-ups of big issues over the years? Frankie aside, we had Xarfox and a few others over the years too.

In the end, if they had actually listened to the players originally, things would be vastly different. Remember packs being introduced? Spoons was a CM then, and he couldn't stop their implementation by PWE's sales department (even with a 150+ page thread asking for them to be removed).

I could name off so many times in the last 5 years that the players have been ignored, that I could write a small book. And what has changed over the years? Not a damn thing. As the player base dwindles (not many new players are coming in anymore), they still refuse to listen to the community.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • xkanx
    xkanx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Val did listen to the players, I agree. Him and Spoons did genuinely care. However, do you know how many staff that have come to PWI forums spitting lies and cover-ups of big issues over the years? Frankie aside, we had Xarfox and a few others over the years too.

In the end, if they had actually listened to the players originally, things would be vastly different. Remember packs being introduced? Spoons was a CM then, and he couldn't stop their implementation by PWE's sales department (even with a 150+ page thread asking for them to be removed).

I could name off so many times in the last 5 years that the players have been ignored, that I could write a small book. And what has changed over the years? Not a damn thing. As the player base dwindles (not many new players are coming in anymore), they still refuse to listen to the community.

I remember when they said u wouldnt be able to acquire TT mats through any way using cash shop (when the DQ horses hit the cash shop) b:surrender
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    So, basically will no longer be considered as customer if we are not using arc? b:shocked

Can you at least make an achievement page that is outside arc?

As if PWI is telling us "You're not using ARC, you're achievement does not count" b:cry

Maybe I should stop spending money on this game b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    looks like it closed early
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Weellllll *late again*
    I don't care about Arc lol, those backups that I have stored, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GIVE THEM UP!! Mawhahahahaaha!!
    Just FYI though it better be good rewards because that's the ONLY thing that could make me touch that dodgy version of steam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Arc is an atrocious piece of software. PWI already consumes massively more resources than it should if it were actually coded properly. I don't need additional software sucking up resources on top of that.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Athazel - Archosaur
    Athazel - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Arc is an atrocious piece of software. PWI already consumes massively more resources than it should if it were actually coded properly. I don't need additional software sucking up resources on top of that.

Totally agreed. ._. f:angry
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Having panicked greatly about my last remaining tokens, I dashed off to snatch up a few Martial arts scrolls.
    wrote:
    Sorry, An error occured during your transaction.
    Sorry, failed to send item. Please try again.
    If you have further questions, please contact Customer Support or visit the FAQ.
    //heartbroken
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yeah, too bad our rewards are useless. How about offer DQ points or something for our points before then?
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Ew! all the Ews!
    More proof that literally -no one- is paying attention to what the community is saying about ARC
    b:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    An error occurred while processing your request.
    Reference #97.7f524817.1375248199.11f7c880

site's broke..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Kurose - Dreamweaver
    Kurose - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Everything in this game is broken and the staff don't give 2 cents.. either they call you a lier and you have to deal with it in 1 or another or if they can't talk back at you ignore you and hope you will back off. That's my case. I don't know why I even bother to gather info on glitches for them when they don't give a flying rat *** about the player?

Not a surprising thing that the site is not working now when you need it most.. I got used to it.. and NO I will forever NOT take side with PW staff ever again. They deserve my hate after they last stuntb :angry.

PS you can open the game with elemental like in the past and bypass ARC or after opening PW you can END TASK the 3x Arch program in the background b:victory
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Instead of revamping this sites why not just simply try to fix it ? and let them be how they're also first fix the Support Page which doesn't lets you select your character & server while submitting a ticket that's more important. Fix the DQ reward page which always has been lagging to update the points fix the Ranking Page. STOP forcing us to ARC & if u guys want us to use ARC & only ARC make it worth of using it. Fix the bugs in ARC there's some many issue with ARC just go check the technical support zone about ARC you guys won't be proud of your own product. STOP IT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Anngy - Lost City
    Anngy - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ok so for me this dont work, I cant get any tokens from achievement f:brickf
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well, the achievement rewards are naff; and core connect is stupid broken AND naff.

So not much of a loss.

And I can understand why you don't want to run duplicate systems.

But seriously; stop it. We don't want your steam-clone. Stick with just running a game and a website; please.

Buahahahaa.
    I went to look at the core connect thingy; to confirm it's as bad as I remember.
    "Sorry vitenks, An error occured during your transaction. Parser Error"

Yup; still utterly broken.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    b:bye__Seriously, Core Connect has always been Fried 8 ways to Sunday and its rewards were PaThEtIc!

But to force a Program as flawed as Arc still is (which makes the pittance probs of Core look like Microscopically Finite & miniscule things in comparison) down the throats of everyone left here who stayed on and has played PWi to this very day, is the height of Arrogant Dismissive Presumptions!?b:thanks

The absolute majority of everyone who's ever had anything to say about Arc, is always negative (and for good reasons) its a program which is as annoying as it can come, so please be sure to tell the league of braintrust burnouts who've came up with the idea of ignoring everyone of the players again (who hate and absolutely feel disdain for that program) that we said HI for us! Afterall they don't seem to either give a s***about or bother to even try to hear anything at all from us nowadays anyways (as they only seem to have ears for those who they seem to see in the mirror) as they further Isolate & chase off the last vestiges of the masses who still tried to loyally hang on to this game despite the crappy track record PWe constantly shows us....b:surrender

"Want a word of advice, when ya get rid of and drop Core Connect also be sure to fire all the 1s who chose to do this to all the rest of us (who put our hard earned money into this game so you can have an actual way to pay yourselves wages with the income resources we put into your games) cause they need to be removed from the business planning sessions, before they find a way to finally chase away the last of us who bothered to stay on, with this deliberate feigning of ignorance of the player populaces aswell as the current attitudes & discontent on these things pertaining to the Arc system"
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Is this a fuucking joke? Core Connect is now even bugged and you are unable to send items.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    i find it very suspicious how your trying to force feed us ARC which makes me worried f:horror

i never downloaded but i heard that it stores your pass for your account which i dont like f:scared
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ....if you could fix the damn page and let us actually USE our tokens that would be nice. Because nothing will send. Always getting an error.
  • Khallie - Sanctuary
    Khallie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    There is an error, Failed to send item. please try later. b:surrender

That would be right, tell us its being discontinued yet it doesnt work to use tokens
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    There is an error, Failed to send item. please try later. b:surrender

That would be right, tell us its being discontinued yet it doesnt work to use tokens

classic PWI saying your fixing or replacing something to make it better and end up breaking more then you fix -facepalm-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Amen to that. It is not only PWI shoving this into out throats.
    Lately every gamedevolper need to spam/herras there consumers with there "sweet" deals and there other company games, that noone have interrest about it.
This discussion has been closed.