Review of the new legendary pets

Comments

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This makes me sad as a Nix owner who spent a pretty penny for her Nix. Hahaha. Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This makes me sad as a Nix owner who spent a pretty penny for her Nix. Hahaha. Oh well.

Don't be sad! The evolved nix is still terrifying. All my friends with the evolved nix have said how different it is in PVP now with the nix. Unless you're seriously PVPing, I don't see why you shouldn't be celebrating pet evolution.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
    edited July 2013
    i'm a one shot if i get near crack warper lol. My herc isn't. Not sure if i tried with my walker or not before getting the herc. i can solo those bosses with no issues. and evolved should make them die quicker

Sorry for double post. I don't know how to do multi quote on separate pages. Were you in melee range? It hits harder when you're in melee. Like ALOT harder.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't be sad! The evolved nix is still terrifying. All my friends with the evolved nix have said how different it is in PVP now with the nix. Unless you're seriously PVPing, I don't see why you shouldn't be celebrating pet evolution.

^ agreed.

Basically it comes down to this; if you have a Phoenix do evolve and do use it because it's good. It's just that the Monkey is better.

For someone who just made a Veomancer and is planning to PvP I'd obviously recommend the best choice (Monkey) unless they want a cheap pet in which case the Phoenix can do well.

As far as PvE in concerned, again, if they have a Pheonix then by all means, customize it and make it epic but for a new Venomancer I can just suggest them other evolved pets that can work quite as well and save them from spending 60mil on a pet.

I might sound negative here but it's just how it is. The Phoenix is still a really nice pet but as of now there are better or cheaper alternatives that can work better or similarly well.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited July 2013
    +1 to what Desdi said.

Also the evolved Nix can be taken into instances so you can have a really good DD with you. It makes instances more flexible now that phoenixes can enter the different habitats.

So I think keep your head up! Also, some of my veno friends are solo farming TT squad mode with a nix. So if you're really unhappy, then use your awesome nix, and farm for an awesom-ER monkey king!

Random question: Does anyone know the attack rate of the Monkey King? Someone on HT was screaming about how it's 5 aps, but I doubt that. Does anyone know the actual attack rate?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    The attack rate is exactly 1.0second. Just checked in-game with my game husband's Monkey.

There is a pet buff to increase it's attack rate but it can't go up to 5.0, maybe they just saw the buff and screamed lol.
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My question: Does the Monkey King's unique attack buff, Rule the World, stack with Claw, or do they overwrite each other?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    That's not something I know and not something I can find out; my game husband is definitely not planning to get rid of Protect just for me to test Claw out haha.

My guess would be that it does overwrite it because they have the same icon and usually buffs/debuffs with the same icon overwrite each other (not always the case but most of the time it is).

The Monkey already hits pretty hard as it is so I'd guess the devs would try to keep it balanced much like how Harpy has very low base attack since she can get a bunch of attack bonuses and hit hard in PvE.
    edited July 2013

The Monkey already hits pretty hard as it is so I'd guess the devs would try to keep it balanced much like how Harpy has very low base attack since she can get a bunch of attack bonuses and hit hard in PvE.

Definition of hitting pretty hard? Cause from ecatomb, I read that Monkey King's attack is 5103, while Nix is 5364, won't that mean that Phoenix still hits harder?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's not something I know and not something I can find out; my game husband is definitely not planning to get rid of Protect just for me to test Claw out haha.

What did he remove to put Protect on it? Pounce?

I would have thought that Strong would be more effective on the monkey, since it's primarily melee. Or was that a PVP oriented decision?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    What did he remove to put Protect on it? Pounce?

I would have thought that Strong would be more effective on the monkey, since it's primarily melee. Or was that a PVP oriented decision?

Monkey comes with a maxed Flesh Ream which doesn't really do much in PvP and you're better off using a debuff skill or a buff skill to up defences. I replaced Flesh Ream with Howl on my Phoenix a while ago and it proved to be much more useful to me this way in PvP.

We had a talk and we both concluded that it's better to use Protect on the Monkey because right now the biggest threat are casters. They already hit quite hard (plus range) and they can hit the 800 magic points damage multiplier so getting higher magic defence was more reasonable.

He's using the Monkey strictly for PvP. He has other toons he can tank with if he really needs to do tanking (plus his Venomancer is already tanky enough) so there's no use for him to use the Monkey in PvE other than just general DDing.
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why did you Stop at the Harpy and Monkey King KEEP GOING !

I would like to see reviews about those other pets that can be evolved.

PLEASE !!! b:beg f:beg f:heart
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    This was a review just for the new legendary pets since people were curious about them.
    I can't review all the evolve-able pets anyway since I don't have them all b:chuckle
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does the exclusive skill coming from the lv 100. upgrade from Harpy and Monkey (which gives buff of HP+30%) stack with "Blessing" pet skill?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    Does the exclusive skill coming from the lv 100. upgrade from Harpy and Monkey (which gives buff of HP+30%) stack with "Blessing" pet skill?

I don't know and but judging by them sharing the same icon I'd say no. My guess is they either overwrite each other or they can't overwrite each other and can't stack.

It's not a thing people can test easily either. It can only be done on the Monkey because it has a spare skill (Flesh Ream) that is cheap to get back. I don't think anyone would risk removing Claw from Harpy to try it.

Even if someone does end up trying it, it will be a waste of money if it turns out that it doesn't stack. The scroll isn't cheap. This is one of the reasons I don't see anyone possibly risking to do try it.

I strongly believe they don't stack though. It's just my speculation
  • helovesu
    edited September 2013
    The Harpy is really designed primarily for crowd control. And i really love that b:laugh.
    Besides, it really helps when we run Warsong when it comes to defend the Pavilion, since it has a range atk and a spam-able magic (i think Desdi has told about this so many times). Thank to Desdi who gives me an inspiration to have it b:laugh I do not regret at all.
  • helovesu
    edited September 2013
    I am planning to buy a monkey. Once i have it, i am going to replace "Flesh Ream" skill with self-buff skill such as Protection or Strong or Claw (not for Blessing of the Pack).

I want to remove it because i think Monkey has already 3 active skills. I will go overwhelmed.

However, i am afraid that Claw Buff would not stack with the 10 minutes attack buff from Rule the World Skill, would it?

How do you suggest it? If that is so, the option will go to Protect or Strong. b:chuckle

Anyway, is there any information about the length of Rule the World cooldown? Oh, i just found the answer. It is 15 seconds cooldown.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    I am planning to buy a monkey. Once i have it, i am going to replace "Flesh Ream" skill with self-buff skill such as Protection or Strong or Claw (not for Blessing of the Pack).

I want to remove it because i think Monkey has already 3 active skills. I will go overwhelmed.

However, i am afraid that Claw Buff would not stack with the 10 minutes attack buff from Rule the World Skill, would it?

How do you suggest it? If that is so, the option will go to Protect or Strong. b:chuckle

Anyway, is there any information about the length of Rule the World cooldown? Oh, i just found the answer. It is 15 seconds cooldown.

That's one of the questions that have yet to be answered. You could try it but if it turns out that it doesn't stack (which I believe it doeasn't, shared icons usually mean overwriting or canceling each other) then it will have been lost money :( better just go for Strong/Protect.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's one of the questions that have yet to be answered. You could try it but if it turns out that it doesn't stack (which I believe it doeasn't, shared icons usually mean overwriting or canceling each other) then it will have been lost money :( better just go for Strong/Protect.

I would guess it does stack, if you look on Natural synergy; they also use the same icon as claw. Yet when you activate it, you get two icons of same type. This also goes for characters. You can actually get up to 3x phy atk increase buff icons at the same time(As an example: Spark + barb buff + Relentless proc) ^^
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    It does sometimes but not always. Well, it's up to people if they want to try it out o.o I'd be happy if someone would try it so we know.
  • Lazyneko - Sanctuary
    Lazyneko - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bumping this.
    Has anyone tried to stack all 3 attack buffs yet? b:puzzled
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bumping this.

nix and scorpion: claw, demon hunting, wraithslayer
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bumping this.

They have different icons, they all stack, synergy included. Desdi mentioned it also stacks with harpy's special attack buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    The only thing I'm not sure about is if Claw stacks with Monkey's Rule of the World self-buff that's pretty much like a Monkey exclusive Claw skill.
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How good are the old legendary pets Herc and Nix?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    ewingoil wrote: »
    How good are the old legendary pets Herc and Nix?

They are very good and gain a lot of benefits from the evolution. They are worth the coin I believe.
    edited November 2013
    Congrats, Desdi on getting your spanky monkey, finally! Now we need more videos, please! Oh, and maybe harpy also, I spent over an hour with your first harpy video on repeat the other day :/ .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    I wasn't sure if people will care about a monkey video since it's been out for months now and there are a number of people who have tried it out already but if a monkey video is wanted I'll put one together when I get the chance.

Also thanks! and I hope all goes well so you can have your Harpy soon f:victory
    edited November 2013
    Awesome! I did see some monkey footage, but it was meh, you always edit your videos much better and you use the pet to highlight multiple situations, and that's what I enjoy.
    And thank you, I hope so too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Desdi, sweetheart, you now give me motivation to level my veno to 100 (She's 90) and go evolve my nix and herc!! f:thanks