Options

Comments

• Aedric - Lost City
    Aedric - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hey Aedric,
    no ETA I'm afraid. We're almost done with the server files but then there are logs and logs and logs to switch. Not to mention final checks on all 4 servers. If you cornered me in a darkened alley, I'd yell "1 hour" at you as I run away before you can get me to explain why.

No biggie, I feel much safer now, thank you for the informative response!

Status updates go a long way, even it if is just to say, "No updates, but we will keep you posted, still working on it"
  • natsuyagami
    natsuyagami Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If you cornered me in a darkened alley, I'd yell "1 hour" at you as I run away before you can get me to explain why.

Oh my.. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Lenole - Lost City
    Lenole - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Lalalala ,they dont have enough coffee!! Everyone share cup at least with GMs! :)
  • Aedric - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'd add some cinnamon and flower extracts to mine, so they hallucinate a little and feel way more relaxed.
  • CamelWide - Sanctuary
    CamelWide - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    *Passes a jug of coffee to genotypist* Thank you for your hard work f:victory
  • JigokuHibana - Sanctuary
    JigokuHibana - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In order to relieve my boredom, i shall make a new character on a new server >:O Just 'cause i can >D
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    From what I can tell the official status page only updates for scheduled maintenances and can say a server is up even when it has unscheduled problems. Sweetiebot just pings the server on port 29000 (the port the game uses) which is normally more indicative of whether you can access the server.

The servers are still visible right now on that port though which is a little odd. The infrastructure stuff they are doing atm is atypical of scheduled / unscheduled down time.
    Server migration is moving slowly. Sweetiebot, do you drink coffee? If so, what kind?

She only responds if you type her name at the beginning of a new line. That's to reduce accidental requests but maybe that's overly restrictive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • CamelWide - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In order to relieve my boredom, i shall make a new character on a new server >:O Just 'cause i can >D
    I made a Psy on Morai server as soon as US West servers went down. Up to level 20 now. We shall see where I am at when servers come back up. b:laugh
    edited July 2013
    Options
    From what I can tell the official status page only updates for scheduled maintenances and can say a server is up even when it has unscheduled problems. Sweetiebot just pings the server on port 29000 (the port the game uses) which is normally more indicative of whether you can access the server.

The servers are still visible right now on that port though which is a little odd. The infrastructure stuff they are doing atm is atypical of scheduled / unscheduled down time.

I dunno, and unless anyone in the office decides to tell us, i guess we'll never know xD. It does say though that it updates every 5 minutes, so I'd imagine that it does the same thing SweetieBot does, just on a more frequent/scheduled basis.
  • Isodx - Lost City
    Isodx - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Can we have somthing special for losing farm time please ^.^ b:coolf:sneaky
  • Aedric - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    In other news, I am haunted by a few lines in a lovely book I am reading.

""Did you clean up the floor in the damp room?" she asked him the following day...
    "What did you say?" he asked her.
    "The floor-"she said again. "There was blood on the floor. You cleaned it up."
    He shook his head. "No," he said simply and returned to the magazine.
    "Well I didn't," she said.
    He offered her an indulgent smile. "You're such a perfect hausfrau," he said. "You don't
    even know when you're doing it."
    The subject was closed there. He was content, apparently, to believe that she was quietly
    losing her sanity.
    She, on the other hand, had the strangest sense that she was about to find it again. "

I can't wait for the wife to get online to share it with here, so here it is for you team.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    b:sin West Coast still down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I made a Psy on Morai server as soon as US West servers went down. Up to level 20 now. We shall see where I am at when servers come back up. b:laugh

I was asleep when they went down >.>; I only woke up at about... oh....nevermind. Now that i think about it, servers went down only 30 mins before i woke up the first time and tried to get on so that i could log my sin on to get meridian points D: so now my consecutive days went poof. Although when i first looked at the announcement post, i could swear the ETC was 1 am, but now it says 3 am. Not sure if i was just seeing things, or they one-upped us when we weren't looking ;O
  • funny911turbo
    funny911turbo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Why is West Coats still down? WC Servers are down from like 4 hours, and the others one are up...
  • CamelWide - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Although when i first looked at the announcement post, i could swear the ETC was 1 am, but now it says 3 am. Not sure if i was just seeing things, or they one-upped us when we weren't looking ;O
    It said 3am when I checked it yesterday. So I am not. Sure. Maybe seeing things? Sleep well enough? b:chuckle
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Why is West Coats still down? WC Servers are down from like 4 hours, and the others one are up...

If you cant read then gtfo of forums
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

Read the first post :/. They're upgrading our server hardware.
  • Lenole - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Why they do this while 2x? f:bike
  • Kyooshu - Sanctuary
    Kyooshu - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

They're switching the Server hardware for the West Coast servers only. All other servers have been up. Only west coast servers are down. It'll probably be another hour or two before they come back up, if all goes well.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options

b:chuckle To annoy the botters who are farming 24/7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CamelWide - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Didn't you read the very first post in this thread? Anyway, West coast servers are down while they migrate to new server hardware. This is west coast servers only. So East coast and Euro servers are not affected. Be patient, the servers should be back up within an hour or so.
  • funny911turbo
    funny911turbo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    b:laughb:laugh Special rewards for losing 3 hours farm time?b:laugh
  • Kyooshu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It said 3am when I checked it yesterday. So I am not. Sure. Maybe seeing things? Sleep well enough? b:chuckle

No, i didn't QQ. I fell asleep while playing the game and very nearly got grounded 'cause i didn't do the dishes by midnight ;o.
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options

They better extend 2x for another month as compensation for this travesty. They should of done this upgrade during maintenance a few days ago b:laugh
  • Lenole - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle To annoy the botters who are farming 24/7.

Lul :D . Well i dun cs,must farm f:money
  • Nibaki - Heavens Tear
    Nibaki - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Can we have somthing special for losing farm time please ^.^ b:coolf:sneaky

You get an upgraded server. b:laugh
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Lul :D . Well i dun cs,must farm f:money

Oh so do i used but now i'm a retired. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CamelWide - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    No, i didn't QQ. I fell asleep while playing the game and very nearly got grounded 'cause i didn't do the dishes by midnight ;o.
    Ouch.
  • Kyooshu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You get an upgraded server. b:laugh

Where is our "Like" button for posts like these D<? We need a Post +/- button QQ

+10 :D Just 'cause 1 isn't good enough ;o
This discussion has been closed.