[Network Maintenance Alert - US WEST SERVERS WILL BE DOWN] 7-11-2013 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Aedric - Lost City
    Aedric - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ......I never thought i'd say this, but you hoard more than i do O_O

Let me put it this way, I am such a hoarder I still have http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25274 in storage.
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *Starts giving ppl cookies as we wait*
    f:cute

MY JOB f:fume
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for the update.
    Question, will this new hardware decrease the ping of countries that are quite some distance away from the server? (New Zealand)

New Zealand is always going to have kind of crappy pings to the rest of the world as you are so very far remote. Hell you are over 1400 miles away from Australia.

Just going by the speed of light, if there was a direct cable between Auckland, New Zealand and San Francisco, California your ping would be ~70ms (remember, multiply by 2 for roundtrip time), it is impossible to get any better than that. Now since there isn't a direct connection between those two places it has to go further than that and in practice the best you'll see between New Zealand and California will be around ~200-300ms which I know is entirely possible.
  • Aedric - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    More guilds full of brain damaged d0uches, rich people parading around +10ing and +12ing NPC grade lvl 1 weapons and Dreamchaser weapons, lots of fash and cat shops sprouting from the woodwork.

Can't think of any more news, other than me, hai, I am a back to not retired cleric ^.^
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *Starts giving ppl cookies as we wait*
    f:cute

-__-
    That moment when you use the wrong account for forum posts f:horror
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • Kyooshu - Sanctuary
    Kyooshu - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let me put it this way, I am such a hoarder I still have http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25274 in storage.

i think i might have a couple of those laying around...somewhere. I have about 10 accounts >.>; Mostly banks, because im too poor for inventory/bank extensions QQ
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One ice cold Pepsi and slice of cake coming right up c:

And I do hope the folks down in New Zealand get a nice benefit from this . . . All that lag is terrible >:

It's pretty bad in Brisbane, Australia lately too. I'm going to assume the same is happening periodically throughout Australia. Server DC's, lags, ping sky rocketing. Server not sending information about skill clicks, etc.

Damn! Those Koalas must be messing with PWI's signal again :<
  • Lenole - Lost City
    Lenole - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Oli oli oli :D how to put the banner under every post,i kinda forgot...b:cry
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013

Let share the job? b:shocked

Forever here since 2009.
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    More guilds full of brain damaged d0uches, rich people parading around +10ing and +12ing NPC grade lvl 1 weapons and Dreamchaser weapons, lots of fash and cat shops sprouting from the woodwork.

Can't think of any more news, other than me, hai, I am a back to not retired cleric ^.^

I'm there too D;

I'm actually after a FL extension . . . That would be quite nice x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedric - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    i think i might have a couple of those laying around...somewhere. I have about 10 accounts >.>; Mostly banks, because im too poor for inventory/bank extensions QQ

I farmed my extensions, pull the whole FB 19 Untamed on my cleric two or three times, and you have enough DQs to expand a handfull of banks.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Question, Why is most stuff left forgotten and not updated?
    Honestly, I couldn't tell you with 100% accuracy. I don't work alongside the developers.
    DQ shop, the inside~game guide (Most events don't even show there), old instance glitches (Fake wall in 39) and that kind of stuff.
    The devs go back and iterate stuff all the time. Nation Wars has received a ton of updates since its introduction, and things like BH and Attendance quests get new content/changes too. Even Jones got something new. You could always point to specific areas that don't get attention, that's true of any MMO though, but that doesn't mean the devs make content then never look at it again.

DQ shop is a real difficult situation. Each time we have a great idea to add something to it, something inevitable get in the way or we end up giving the item away through a different system entirely.
    Also, can't wait for a way to increase the bank / account stash's size even more, with all the unique and untradeable items being added to the game, I really think we need an upgrade in our storage space.

What do you think?

The bank and account stash is a grim outlook. I inquired and the devs are not willing to overhaul the game to add more storage space. I'm not entirely sure what to do regarding it, but I hear there are plans to address the problem aside from just giving more bag slots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Ruibek - Lost City
    Ruibek - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Olii, I am hungry, and needy, pet me and feed me and call me a frostitute.
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's pretty bad in Brisbane, Australia lately too. I'm going to assume the same is happening periodically throughout Australia. Server DC's, lags, ping sky rocketing. Server not sending information about skill clicks, etc.

Here. I'll quote myself from a few posts up as it's fairly similar for Australia.
    das7002 wrote: »
    New Zealand is always going to have kind of crappy pings to the rest of the world as you are so very far remote. Hell you are over 1400 miles away from Australia.

Just going by the speed of light, if there was a direct cable between Auckland, New Zealand and San Francisco, California your ping would be ~70ms (remember, multiply by 2 for roundtrip time), it is impossible to get any better than that. Now since there isn't a direct connection between those two places it has to go further than that and in practice the best you'll see between New Zealand and California will be around ~200-300ms which I know is entirely possible.
  • XFirieX - Archosaur
    XFirieX - Archosaur Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2013

yeah same in WA. between the koalas and kangaroos and emus i think we are just going to be a lost cause lols
  • asira1978
    asira1978 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it is 3 am .. and steal server is down..:-??
    R3AD
    leet term for read: 3=E  4=A
    leet kid: "Ooh i just got the latest issue of Gameinformer magazine, I can't wait to R34D it!"
    regular kid: "Don't u mean to READ it?"

sometimes ppl  say ( i dont understand what u say .. u dont write english) but they/u do .. but it's handy to run from a conversation you exceed
    ps: i'm from romania.. but i understand manny language..:)
  • XFirieX - Archosaur
    XFirieX - Archosaur Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    asira1978 wrote: »
    it is 3 am .. and steal server is down..:-??

last update is for a 5am finish time
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    Olii, I am hungry, and needy, pet me and feed me and call me a frostitute.

There there my dear frostitute, have a frost cookie <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    In Soviet Russia, server takes you down!
    f:horror

Forever here since 2009.
  • Aedric - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    genotypist wrote: »
    ... Helpful data....

0.0 I got quoted by a GM in different posts I made, now that made my day ^.^

Still, thanks for the update in that stuff!

Even a no is a better answer than a no answer.
  • Lenole - Lost City
    Lenole - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There there my dear frostitute, have a frost cookie <3

OLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEE b:angry
  • Gods_Wolf - Lost City
    Gods_Wolf - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    come on really how much longer its gonna be down u guys need to finish up your coffe and get us back up and running
    I like it rough so I hope your are ready for a fight...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruibek - Lost City
    Ruibek - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yay! *nibbles cookies* You need to look at my new poison frog look.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    SweetieBot, what time will the servers open?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • ON_oFF - Lost City
    ON_oFF - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, I couldn't tell you with 100% accuracy. I don't work alongside the developers.

The devs go back and iterate stuff all the time. Nation Wars has received a ton of updates since its introduction, and things like BH and Attendance quests get new content/changes too. Even Jones got something new. You could always point to specific areas that don't get attention, that's true of any MMO though, but that doesn't mean the devs make content then never look at it again.

DQ shop is a real difficult situation. Each time we have a great idea to add something to it, something inevitable get in the way or we end up giving the item away through a different system entirely.

The bank and account stash is a grim outlook. I inquired and the devs are not willing to overhaul the game to add more storage space. I'm not entirely sure what to do regarding it, but I hear there are plans to address the problem aside from just giving more bag slots.

How about instead of nurfing our drops for force people to cash shop, they increase it again? more DQ more coin..specially the coin part of it...its kinda rude that all they have done is nurf our ingame ways of getting coin..not all of us can get on for NWs so we miss out on the only way to get decent gear now? lol forward that one?
  • Aedric - Lost City
    edited July 2013
    inb4 SweetieBot's answer makes no sense,
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2013
    inb4 her answer makes no sense,

Waiting for that too XD

Forever here since 2009.
  • tigga0083
    tigga0083 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Xue is a noob, that is all <3
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    SweetieBot, what time will the servers open?
    I don't know, you're the one that knows him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey geno, what would you choose? Crepes, waffles or pancakes?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
This discussion has been closed.