Hellfire Abomination...and the painful new SOT.

Comments

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol I rather do this on any toon besides a cleric
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stop qq'ing. It's something new to do. The rocks hit like vegetarians. Squad with ten people and the instance is a blast.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    qq instances too easy

qq instances too hard

qq need moar squad play

qq cant solo instances

qq here

qq there
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay, let me get this confusion straight, is it for people who are already 100+ with gear that is already G16 with +12 refines or people who are actually doing their cultivation?

If I get the chance to play again, I would use the TT80 gold +12 gear for that instance to find out myself >.>
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay, let me get this confusion straight, is it for people who are already 100+ with gear that is already G16 with +12 refines or people who are actually doing their cultivation?

If I get the chance to play again, I would use the TT80 gold +12 gear for that instance to find out myself >.>

SoT and Abba are cultivation for lvl99 which is a one time thing that can wait 1 lvl, it's also a BH for lvl100+ which is a daily thing, people lvl100+ do it everyday as BH.

I think it's more important to make challenges for something people lvl100+ run everyday than make something that is a one time thing for a lvl99 that can wait a lvl to do it or just run with lvl100+.

And no need to be +12 to do those instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • falconxs
    falconxs Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not sure I agree with the whole wait one level and do it at 100+ I did that.. and tried to get the culti, fb, bh and weekly run in one shot. Why not its all needed might as well. No people would either ditch out and leave, only want the bh, or completely freak when they started dieing because they would not listen.

It is nice that there is something new different and difficult, but it is not fair to someone that just hit lvl100 for you to expect them to have gears set aside ready and waiting for them. I did not hyper rush, and I do not have top of the line gears. I have a few of my upgrades, but am still lacking the shards because I am poor and do not possess the money required to shard them. I STILL get 1 shot by the aoe from hellfire in the BB, in fact 90% of the squad I was with that was AA or LA got 1 shot through BB and that included people that were geared or 101+

I am very disappointed that this dungeon can no longer be run by half the average factions out there for their faction mates that hit 100, you need one hell of an over powered squad to get through SoT mainly due to Hellfire... Even if you have that squad it will be sheer luck with your culti/fb'er doesn't die before Hellfire does.
  • rushhush
    rushhush Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tbh, there is nothing to be gained from lvl 99 cuilti...what you need is celestial sage/demon culti which is rather long drawn with OHT map 2/3/4, full delta etc.

So you don't really need to do that culti at 99. I have several lvl 100 characters that i never even bothered with the culti. Doing it only when opportunity arises.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rushhush wrote: »
    tbh, there is nothing to be gained from lvl 99 cuilti...what you need is celestial sage/demon culti which is rather long drawn with OHT map 2/3/4, full delta etc.

So you don't really need to do that culti at 99. I have several lvl 100 characters that i never even bothered with the culti. Doing it only when opportunity arises.

Actually you need 99 culti for cultivation stage, which gives archer ability to sage/demon BoA, STA, Thunderous Blast, deadly shot and Stormrage eagleon I think. Using archer as example as I have somewhat idea still which skills I couldnt learn till that point.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2013

If you want to train those skill books that have lv 99 on them, yes you need the culti.
    If you don't train them , everyone will QQ 'why u have no 99 skillz, u so fail".

On a side note, new Hellfire pops me for 6k IN bb, wearing a mix of r8 (not available until 101) TT99, G15, lunar gold neck, warsong belt, and unicorn helm. Everythings refined from +5 to +10.

They need to put the old hellfire back into sot somewhere for culti, and leave the new one for the higher levels.
    edited July 2013
    If you don't train them , everyone will QQ 'why u have no 99 skillz, u so fail".

Lol... I never saw people complain about people not having ALL their sage/demon skill at lvl 99, your server is **** if they expect a lvl99 of any class to have all skills learned lvl 11.

I know a ton of people lvl 100+ that don't have all their sage/demon skills.

To lvl from 99 to 100 take a week or two, it's not a big deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Lol... I never saw people complain about people not having ALL their sage/demon skill at lvl 99, your server is **** if they expect a lvl99 of any class to have all skills learned lvl 11.

I know a ton of people lvl 100+ that don't have all their sage/demon skills.

To lvl from 99 to 100 take a week or two, it's not a big deal.

Well everyone is telling the level 99s to wait 2 or 3 levels to do their culti... and that would mean 101-102 with NO level 99 skills....
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well everyone is telling the level 99s to wait 2 or 3 levels to do their culti... and that would mean 101-102 with NO level 99 skills....

They tell them to wait until 100 so they can put on Nirv gear (which, lets get this out of the way now, the min gear most people expect nowadays at 100 is 5 or 6 pieces of g16 Nirv refined to +5 with like g7 or exclusive shards) so they'll have an easier time living. They by no means have to and people have detailed how to exploit other parts of the instance first in order to make the boss easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    They tell them to wait until 100 so they can put on Nirv gear (which, lets get this out of the way now, the min gear most people expect nowadays at 100 is 5 or 6 pieces of g16 Nirv refined to +5 with like g7 or exclusive shards) so they'll have an easier time living. They by no means have to and people have detailed how to exploit other parts of the instance first in order to make the boss easier.

Possibly on a pvp server, but there are many that don't do NW on PVE server because they simply have no interest in pvp, which would mean they wont have access to the almighty G16 +5 or better refines at level 100, which you said only takes 2 weeks from level 99.
    edited July 2013

And? I know a ton of people lvl 100-105 that don't have all their skills and they don't fail cause of it.

I don't have sage cragg and comforting mist (both requisite lvl 99) and no one complained to me about that.

The only time I see people ask if the person have lvl 11 it's to don't overbuff with a lvl 10 over a lvl 11 or if there's 2 clerics to let the one with lvl 11 ress ressing people. There's some skills that you can't even know if the person have it lvl 10 or 11.

The skills lvl 11 learn at lvl99 culti are not necessary the best skills of the class, majority of cleric important skills lvl 11 are learn from culti lvl 89 and 92.

No one will ask people skills lvl to take them in squad for SoT/Abba.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Tell that to the barb that would get looked over for one that has say sage buffs, or a bm that that would get looked over for one that has demon hf. Sage rez anyone?

It doesnt affect me one way or the other, i have nothing below level 100. I'm just saying the lower level/geared people shouldn't be FORCED into doing a boss that was clearly made for END game people just to get their culti/skills. Just add the old boss back somewhere for that and leave the big boy for the "big boys".
    edited July 2013
    Sage rez anyone?

Why people always say sage ress? Demon ress is not worse than sage, both sage 100% exp, so who care sage or demon? Lol.. (I have lvl 11 ress on my both cleric sage and demon and I prefer demon for the channeling)

I don't know if it's cause PVE servers are stupid, but on PVP we ask for class, weapon, but not the lvl of skills. (Speaking for SoT/Abba)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    Sage/Demon rez both = no xp loss. Was an example.

And weapon link is way over rated. What good will it do to have a G15/16 +8-10 weapon if the cleric is having to revive them every 2 minutes? Snake comes to mind.. Classic. Sin +12 G16, 5-7 k hp, dies 3 times and has to run back while the squad waits, inevitably causing a squad wipe.b:surrender
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sage/Demon rez both = no xp loss. Was an example.

And weapon link is way over rated. What good will it do to have a G15/16 +8-10 weapon if the cleric is having to revive them every 2 minutes? Snake comes to mind.. Classic. Sin +12 G16, 5-7 k hp, dies 3 times and has to run back while the squad waits, inevitably causing a squad wipe.b:surrender

That's a completely different issue, no lvl 11 buffs/skills from the 99 culti would have saved a sin like that. The point that has been made that people level 99 and over do not always need the 99 skills to still do everything in the game. There are still a number of skills I do not have sage versions of.

On topic, yes for a 99 culti boss hellfire is a pain but certainly doable with a squad that knows what they are doing. It just amazes me sometimes the amount of people that expect to be looked after on bosses, most I see don't use pots, let alone genies and apo/charms to help them survive. They are usually the ones that expect level 11 rez while the cleric makes their way back to the instance.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Possibly on a pvp server, but there are many that don't do NW on PVE server because they simply have no interest in pvp, which would mean they wont have access to the almighty G16 +5 or better refines at level 100, which you said only takes 2 weeks from level 99.

I really don't take this argument because there other ways to make coin in this game besides NW and NW isn't gonna magically give you the badges and molds needed for g16 Nirv.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The biggest problem facing anyone needing fb / culti in SoT or Abba (myself included soon) is finding 9 other guys to squad up with. I have seen many players lately world shouting hour after hour, using up huge piles of teles to no avail..especially hunting down barbs and clerics (yes that age old problem again). Its fine if youre lucky enough to belong to a high lvl fac and maybe get a good squad that way, for the rest its a nightmare.

Maybe the situation will arise where some players will start offering coins to the high lvls if they get desperate enough, especially if theyve some of those 99 skills they paid 30-40 mill for just sitting in their bank. This is the reality, making a boss like new Hellfire part of the old culti 99 was not a good move.
  • rushhush
    rushhush Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, i am not sure of the costs of those skill books on the various servers, but for one to be able to learn all the lvl 99 skills would require substantial amount of coins. If the person is able to afford that amount of coins required for the skills to come, he/she would be able to afford TT99 gears which would at least offer some level of resistance to attack by those mobs. Those getting one-shot/two-shot are normally equipped with TT80/TT90 lowly refined and even unsharded gear.

Instead of sharding to appropriate levels even at TT99, i would suggest just reaching 100 and getting all those Nirvied gear and sharding/refining them.

On the side note of people having to wc for hours trying to get people to help with culti, lots of small factions have sprouted on at least my server with the leaders themselves not even at high levels with adequate gear. You can imagine when such help could be rendered by the faction, instead it became a whole lot of people having to get external help.
    edited July 2013
    .especially hunting down barbs and clerics (yes that age old problem again).

Barb is not absolutely needed, that's why some people have troubles to make a squad, beside ask for a tank people spend minutes and hours asking for a barb while other class can tank. (Seeker, bm, archer with good gears can tank and maybe other class)

For cleric I do admit as ex-cleric myself when I see stuff like that I don't miss playing cleric. I would not go back at playing cleric in that kind of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, i am not sure of the costs of those skill books on the various servers, but for one to be able to learn all the lvl 99 skills would require substantial amount of coins. If the person is able to afford that amount of coins required for the skills to come, he/she would be able to afford TT99 gears which would at least offer some level of resistance to attack by those mobs. Those getting one-shot/two-shot are normally equipped with TT80/TT90 lowly refined and even unsharded gear.

On our server level 99 books are usually cheaper than 89/92 skill books (except Brim/Eden drops) because of the massive amount of people who do cube. PoF only sell for 400k each, so you can get a level 99 skill book for 12 mil. And if you farm the pages yourself, it cost next to nothing.

I do cube every day on 2 toons that are 90+ and have been for several weeks. So I actually have many of my 99 skill books in my safe waiting for me to learn. Basically the only cost I'll have is the 2 mil to learn the skill. Which from the sounds of this boss, may take longer than I previously thought.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay, there's one basic thing you're all missing. New hellfire isn't about getting overgeared. It's about using *gasp* strategy. I know, crazy concept.

It took my first attempting squad about five tries to work it out well, but when it comes down to it, he's pretty damn simple overall.
    1. Make your tank or primary tank go tango with hellfire. Stay at melee range no matter what. Yeah, sucks for archers, but if you're soloing SoT you should just be going to get a pile of crystals anyway. Primary DDs should also be on him, but DO NOT take aggro if you're not at melee range, or you're asking for bonus AoEs.
    2. Designate a secondary tank. Just someone who can take the heat from the minions. Aggro skills are a bonus. Have this person grab the minions when they spawn in preparation for...
    3. Secondary DDs, odd ones out, whoever feels like it, kill the energy star RELIGIOUSLY. DO NOT SKIP THIS PART. Doing so will produce a trap that tower amps hellfire and...
    4. Secondary tank needs to pull minions into these traps. Doing so will deal heavy damage over time and freeze the minions in place, taking them off your hands and killing them in a relatively short amount of time.
    5. Truly squishy characters who can't tank a single aoe fully buffed can always just hide behind the first pillar as you reach him. You'll be out of range but still receive credit for the kill.

THINGS WORTH NOTE:
    • *If somehow you still have issues using this method, just go mine crystals and use them constantly to nullify all the damage Even a L95 on full TT90 or lunar green could solo it using those (extremely slowly, don't attempt it).
    • *Sometimes when aggro is shifting even to melee characters, it seems to have a chance to make him aoe. If you can, just try not to juggle aggro.
    • *If you're attempting to solo, you should be farming plenty of crystals beforehand regardless. If nothing else, it'll save you plenty of charm ticks, crab meat, etc.
    • *If you're attempting TM runs and can't access the crystals, newsflash: TM is for overpowered people. It's meant to be hard. Get help.
    • *When things go south hard and the only option is to bail, go for it. A doubleshot of L10 holy path down the entry corridor is more than enough to reset hellfire and his minions.
    • *Be aware resetting hellfire with minions alive will leave them present when you give it another shot. This shouldn't be an issue, just bust open an energy star quickly when you start again.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    I really don't take this argument because there other ways to make coin in this game besides NW and NW isn't gonna magically give you the badges and molds needed for g16 Nirv.

No, but you can save a nice stock pile of cannys to roll your tt99 armor over into nirva gear, which is reqired to even think about rolling g16.
    On topic, yes for a 99 culti boss hellfire is a pain but certainly doable with a squad that knows what they are doing. It just amazes me sometimes the amount of people that expect to be looked after on bosses, most I see don't use pots, let alone genies and apo/charms to help them survive. They are usually the ones that expect level 11 rez while the cleric makes their way back to the instance.

While i agree that there is a lot of people that dont use pots/apos/charms ect (and i really have no idea why they dont) I still feel like this boss is to much for your average geared level 99 player just trying to get the culti done.

Exmaple: squad of 10, general make up, variety of classes. We had 2 clerics, and one mystic, a psy a veno, seeker, archer (me) sin, bm and barb.
    Every single aoe, one of the clerics died. Every, single, one. Not to mention the mystic, and psy. Sin went down also, but not quiet as bad. The only ones that didnt have a problem were the seeker (r9) and the veno (not sure about gear, but had over 20k hp)

Eventually, one of the clerics bailed, so i logged off my archer and relogged my cleric to help them get it.
    9k hp barb buffed, mix of R8 top/legs +5 , arms/boots G16+5 unicorn helm +5, nothing special, but a lot better than any level 99 cleric would have. The entire time i was in BB, I had a crab ticking down, plus i was using the divine emissary pots that auto replenish hp/mp when my hp would drop dangerously low. He still ticked my charm every aoe. Theres no apos for those clerics stuck in BB... and genies take a long time to cool down between aoes. It really is over kill to expect a squad just trying to do their cultis/fbs to have to do this boss. There is no logical reason they couldnt have done as they did in Aba and leave the normal culti boss there while adding the new hellfire.

[*]*If somehow you still have issues using this method, just go mine crystals and use them constantly to nullify all the damage Even a L95 on full TT90 or lunar green could solo it using those (extremely slowly, don't attempt it).

Proof is in the pudding, show me a vid of someone soloing the new hellfire boss in TT90 pls.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Instead of sharding to appropriate levels even at TT99, i would suggest just reaching 100 and getting all those Nirvied gear and sharding/refining them.

On the side note of people having to wc for hours trying to get people to help with culti, lots of small factions have sprouted on at least my server with the leaders themselves not even at high levels with adequate gear. You can imagine when such help could be rendered by the faction, instead it became a whole lot of people having to get external help.

Hellfire goes trough TT99 like hot knife goes trough butter. Hellfire 1shot my 14.7k hp barb buffed sin out of bb for 16k. While aps gear has terrible defenses, its still mostly over TT99 and refined to +10. No, I did not pop mag def charm as I did not expect getting hit like that first time I did the boss. Still say they stay in BB, thats 8k, 1shotting most TT99 toons. Add mag def charms and we get to bearable 4kish damage. With how it can spam magic attacks I really wouldnt count on having mag charm popped when it does that hard AoE.

Sadly by far the easiest way to kill this boss is get sage veno with soul degen & amp, demon HF BM, 3 OPish sins, fill rest of squad with cleric for BB, barb for buffs and whatever. See boss die in 1 spark.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Proof is in the pudding, show me a vid of someone soloing the new hellfire boss in TT90 pls.

There's a reason I said not to try it. It'd take hours, and the rest of the time would be spent farming crystals just to do it. But crystals would likely knock his damage down to about 100 a hit, even on TT90. They're horribly op.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2013
    There's a reason I said not to try it. It'd take hours, and the rest of the time would be spent farming crystals just to do it. But crystals would likely knock his damage down to about 100 a hit, even on TT90. They're horribly op.

But its ok for a squad of tt90 people trying to do their culti/fb to spend all that time digging those crystals, which by the way, can NOT be used by a cleric in bb. BB goes down, everyone left is a 1 hit, crystals or not.

*honestly i feel like they are asking what amount to a level 40 something to be required to do fb 69. The aoes are just to much for the level, some classes "may' be ok and maange to get through it with some luck.. but the squishy classes are just up **** creek.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly I've never run into a problem with this. That's not to tout how great I am, but to say that it's just another challenging instance. My squads were not chock full of OP players but we managed.

So it's doable but it's not easy. That's what it's supposed to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The biggest problem facing anyone needing fb / culti in SoT or Abba (myself included soon) is finding 9 other guys to squad up with. I have seen many players lately world shouting hour after hour, using up huge piles of teles to no avail..especially hunting down barbs and clerics (yes that age old problem again). Its fine if youre lucky enough to belong to a high lvl fac and maybe get a good squad that way, for the rest its a nightmare.

Maybe the situation will arise where some players will start offering coins to the high lvls if they get desperate enough, especially if theyve some of those 99 skills they paid 30-40 mill for just sitting in their bank. This is the reality, making a boss like new Hellfire part of the old culti 99 was not a good move.

With the new weekly quests it's not that difficult to find a squad. I see world chats all the time for the weeklies.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
This discussion has been closed.