Hellfire Abomination...and the painful new SOT.

Options
SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Ok. So its no secret that I've been away for some time, but this is just ridiculous. I decided to try out the new SoT today, and help out some people that needed it for culti. Ok. Now SOT has changed in a way where it is that its a lot harder on a laggy day. Wild dogs in one area being immune to damage...Mines in another area that will port you to the very beginning if they touch you, and a lot of stun breakers, and other things. All of these I can deal with, though perhaps toning down some things may be in order for people who don't have as good of a connection or are otherwise lagging. Now my real issue. My point for making this thread is this....

HELLFIRE ABOMINATION. Now this is just ridiculous. Buffed with Beast Kings Inspiration I have around 5.7K hp.
So add Beast king's inspiration to vanguard lvl 11, golden bell, and otherwise just plan fully buffed, with 16 defense levels...and I get hit for over 15k. The squad is getting hit for 12k, 15k, and above. We're spammed with AOE's, and its got the ability to break Blue Bubble. Did I mention that the 15k it one shotted me for is through BB? It one shot our BM before he could even hit him. It owned us all. We tried pulling it some, it didn't help. It just stood back and killed us from range.

Speaking of range, sage rez has a range of 40 meters. It got mad and one shot me past that. -_-

Unbuffed it one shot me for over 28K.

The thing about SOT, and Hellfire is that it is a CULTIVATION BOSS required for level 99 players. Being one shot isn't a fun ordeal. Not when you have decent refines, and gear. Our first seeker, a friend of mines had to go early. She tanked up until then, where she had things to attend to in real life. Now when a full R9 +10/12 seeker warns you all that it hits them for 4-5k, that's something that's absurd. When she left and our barb came, it one or two shot our barb.

Our squad makeup

2 elite seekers. (Both survived but had to go. Real life situations arose.)
2 clerics (One is myself. Second cleric left but another cleric with decently refined G15 replaced him.)
1 mystic.
1 blademaster.
1 Barb to replace our seeker tank.
2 psys, one of which is G16 or R9 and tanked living on charm ticks as they were the last one standing.
2 venos.
2 sins. (1 replaced the other.)

Of everyone mentioned the only ones that were not truly one shot were the 2 seekers, the elite psy, and one of the venos, and all of us died anyways at various points...minus the seekers.

Speaking of dying, why does it kick me out of the instance and back to Lothloris now? That's insulting as a cleric to have to not only run back through the instance, but halfway through the map that the instance is on.

This needs to be toned down, especially since that cultivation is for level 99 players who DO NOT have access to elite gear yet...not R8, not Nirvana, and certainly not R9. Even G15's are getting one shotted, and that shows a flaw in the system. We attacked it last too, and it still did absurd amounts of damage. The psy living off charm ticks killed it, but the squad was dead as no clerics nor mystics survived long enough to do anything. The bm, venos, other psy, and barb all died, and some of those people...despite the nearly THREE hours we were there...mostly at hellfire...some of those people still need the bh, since no cleric or mystic can heal a one shot.

Please. Address and fix this issue. It's far too absurd. b:sadb:shocked

Oh, and why does the adds it spawns have such an absurd amount of hp...not to mention hellfire abomination itself...

Thanks all for 2 wonderful squads in that painful painful run. We all did well. No one can take that from us.
"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
"http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
Post edited by SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Titoto - Raging Tide_1375997119
    Titoto - Raging Tide_1375997119 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Meanwhile other people are doing it for days, stop whining and actually try get it done, when i first went there it wiped my entire squad and instead of making this annoying post we tried and tried till we got it done. It is possible , Rule of thumb~ kill it before it kills u.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Buffed with Beast Kings Inspiration I have around 5.7K hp.

This is your problem. You should really have at least 6k HP unbuffed as an AA class in the current meta. I also imagine your pdef is pretty bad as well. :S

Random tip: dig the items in one of the other parts and use them to reduce damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

1 mystic.

Speaking of dying, why does it kick me out of the instance and back to Lothloris now? That's insulting as a cleric to have to not only run back through the instance, but halfway through the map that the instance is on.

The mystic should ress buff the cleric first and the cleric (you or others) shouldn't use it if it's risky, if you died and half your squad died in the same time or just after you died don't ress yet cause anyway you will not be able to ress 5 persons +, heal and stay alive in the same time, let others die or run and when the boss is reset get up and ress people and try again. (also don't set BB directly in the boss, so if you die you can ress without get attack)

I did noticed that people with less than 6-7k hp cannot survive the AOE, but at that point of the game people don't have excuse to don't have the gears to have 6-7k hp. It's a end game instance and I think it's normal that they make it hard.

You have 5.7k buffed, which mean around 4.5k unbuffed which is really low for a end game cleric, maybe post a pwicalc in the cleric section and ask advices cause in your case the problem is your gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I think the boss is fine as it is. 5.7k buffed is awfully low. I don't expect people to be full +10 gears but I'm pure magic with +5 refines and I'm currently sitting at 6.4k unbuffed. Anything below at least 7k buffed as a caster is just bad at this point.

And not to sound harsh here but I'm glad that game's doing something to weed out those 4k hp people that I keep seeing around. They contribute so little to a squad that I hate taking them. Even if you're a new player that just hit 100, you should be better unless you hyper rushed.

The argument that it's meant for culti... eh. People didn't run full 99 squads before. You will always have some decently geared 100 person helping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I think the boss is fine as it is. 5.7k buffed is awfully low. I don't expect people to be full +10 gears but I'm pure magic with +5 refines and I'm currently sitting at 6.4k unbuffed. Anything below at least 7k buffed as a caster is just bad at this point.

And not to sound harsh here but I'm glad that game's doing something to weed out those 4k hp people that I keep seeing around. They contribute so little to a squad that I hate taking them. Even if you're a new player that just hit 100, you should be better unless you hyper rushed.

The argument that it's meant for culti... eh. People didn't run full 99 squads before. You will always have some decently geared 100 person helping.

^ this b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'd suggest working on your gear and working together as a group to figure out the instances "tricks" Its not hard... it's just a little time consuming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    but at that point of the game people don't have excuse to don't have the gears to have 6-7k hp.

I find that ironic given how upset you got when I said that venos who don't have herc/nix are fail. It's the same exact premise. If you're lvl 100 and running the 100+ dungeons you have no excuse to not have something better than a glacial walker or something that doesn't even evolve.

On topic though.. I agree that people who can't stay alive *at all* don't "deserve" to be running the dungeon, but even as a 102 with 1/2 r9 and 6.xk hp unbuffed I die about half the time. I'm never the first to die, because I'm just the veno, but if the cleric or tank dies it's almost guaranteed that I'll die. That's with charm, pots, apoth and all that.

And that isn't really reasonable, in my opinion, for a weekly quest or an FB boss. I use Guardian Scrolls, so every death costs me 110k minimum with token prices where they are now. I use these because I cannot assume or expect that every cleric will have lvl 11 res. About half of the clerics I've squaded with from world chat don't.

The reward doesn't even make it worth the cost and the effort. Someone else said elsewhere that things like apoth and defense charms should not be mandatory for a repeatable quest, and I agree with that. It also shouldn't be mandatory that the *insert class* be *insert sage or demon* for one specific skill.

There are just too many variables for all of the bosses and the entire dungeon and it relies heavily on everyone in the squad being on the same page for every little detail. You would think this would be easy, but it isn't. For people who run static squads ok, but most of us don't do that.

In seat and abba, you get wild disagreements on the squad makeup, the strategies, etc.
    Who has lag, who doesn't speak English, who is doing it for the first time. You also have no way of knowing how someone is going to perform in the dungeon unless you've ran with them before and even then it's not always a guarantee.

What I see happening in the very near future is squads will be made up of this:
    - 2 sage clerics with sage res
    - 1 sage barb
    - 1 demon BM
    - 1 sage veno (if any veno at all)
    - optional seeker
    - the rest 5.0 g16 +10 sins

All so the bosses can be killed fast enough, which kinda defeats the purpose of all the changes they made to the dungeon. It'll once again become exclusionary to certain classes, and it's ALREADY become exclusionary (partly voluntarily) on basis of gear.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Its a good argument. It was ultimately cultivation instance. They should of made nirvana into something/created new endgame instance or done what they did with aba and left culti bosses as they were. Changing a cultiboss to high tier endgame boss is idiotic move.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Its a good argument. It was ultimately cultivation instance. They should of made nirvana into something/created new endgame instance or done what they did with aba and left culti bosses as they were. Changing a cultiboss to high tier endgame boss is idiotic move.

Alternatively, have an alternate Hellfire (the old one) be spawnable via a quest for the person that needs it for their 99 culti. 100 culti? lolno, go kill that new monstrosity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I find that ironic given how upset you got when I said that venos who don't have herc/nix are fail. It's the same exact premise. If you're lvl 100 and running the 100+ dungeons you have no excuse to not have something better than a glacial walker or something that doesn't even evolve.

Pets are not needed gears are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Its a good argument. It was ultimately cultivation instance.

Was. It was. The population however, has outgeared that difficulty level quite a while ago. If you grab a squad of appropriately geared people at current standards, you can do it.

Same as modern computer games don't run on systems built in 1990. The majority of people has moved on.

If there was an "old mode" who would benefit from it? The players with terribly low gear. I don't want these people to move on without gearing up. Because that way they're just going to leech off the people who cared about their gear.
    Also, sins. Soloing the cave to grab books the can sell for few millions. Not quite the common sense of an MMO either, heh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I agree on everything else you've said but the last paragraph, because the scenario OP is describing that he was killed even in BB. The other people can be so good they want, they can't stop someone dying from the aoe. And a dead person can't get the kill, of course. Someone who hits lv. 99 should be able to do the quests given at his level. They should've introduced a new boss at the end with a different name and keep all the old ones, as they did with every other boss in Seat or Aba.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Excuse me? This is fail. No veno needs a herc or a nix to do well in this game. I've seen venos with a little cat pet that can play better than some with a herc or nix. Especially in the new SoT and Abaddon instances. Also, I've seen evolved glacial walkers with herc skills acquired for free from faction base quests and the Dragon Temple Raider(or whatever that event is) that can out perform my unevolved herc. Time to get your elitist head out of the clouds. Good players with venos do not need to cash shop to succeed. In fact, nobody does. All they have to do is know how to play their class and take advantage of all the game offers. Besides, pets do very little in assisting a squad in instances anyway.

On topic though.. I agree that people who can't stay alive *at all* don't "deserve" to be running the dungeon, but even as a 102 with 1/2 r9 and 6.xk hp unbuffed I die about half the time. I'm never the first to die, because I'm just the veno, but if the cleric or tank dies it's almost guaranteed that I'll die. That's with charm, pots, apoth and all that.

Maybe if you learn to evade imminent death you wouldn't die at all if you can see it coming. I don't use charms. They are a waste. Pots are sufficient. If I see the squad tank and healer die I don't stand there and wait until whatever kills me too. I invoke fortify and feral concentration and start running.

And that isn't really reasonable, in my opinion, for a weekly quest or an FB boss. I use Guardian Scrolls, so every death costs me 110k minimum with token prices where they are now. I use these because I cannot assume or expect that every cleric will have lvl 11 res. About half of the clerics I've squaded with from world chat don't.

Meh.

The reward doesn't even make it worth the cost and the effort. Someone else said elsewhere that things like apoth and defense charms should not be mandatory for a repeatable quest, and I agree with that. It also shouldn't be mandatory that the *insert class* be *insert sage or demon* for one specific skill.

There are just too many variables for all of the bosses and the entire dungeon and it relies heavily on everyone in the squad being on the same page for every little detail. You would think this would be easy, but it isn't. For people who run static squads ok, but most of us don't do that.

In seat and abba, you get wild disagreements on the squad makeup, the strategies, etc.
    Who has lag, who doesn't speak English, who is doing it for the first time. You also have no way of knowing how someone is going to perform in the dungeon unless you've ran with them before and even then it's not always a guarantee.

What I see happening in the very near future is squads will be made up of this:
    - 2 sage clerics with sage res
    - 1 sage barb
    - 1 demon BM
    - 1 sage veno (if any veno at all)
    - optional seeker
    - the rest 5.0 g16 +10 sins

All so the bosses can be killed fast enough, which kinda defeats the purpose of all the changes they made to the dungeon. It'll once again become exclusionary to certain classes, and it's ALREADY become exclusionary (partly voluntarily) on basis of gear.

At the time of conception and implementation of every instance it is by design that they are set up for a squad of separate classes using individual skills to support the entire mission of the instance. With the addition of new gears via cash shop or modified instance drops the player base has clearly out geared most instances which diminishes the spirit of the game. SoT and Abaddon are end game instances and should be a challenge for players wearing modern gear. Add to that challenges that require teamwork. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

That 'idealistically normal' SoT and Abaddon squad you concocted is irrelevant if moderately geared chars can succeed in the instances by using coordinated teamwork and skillful strategies. I've been in these squads and once we get past the learning curve it isn't a problem. I agree with others who say that these redesigned instances are going to encourage players who haven't properly geared their toon and taken the time and effort into getting all their level appropriate skills to do so if they want to participate and/or do their cultis.

Calling others fail because they do not equip or stat their chars and adopt a gameplay style like yours is incredibly fail to say the least.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I agree on everything else you've said but the last paragraph, because the scenario OP is describing that he was killed even in BB. The other people can be so good they want, they can't stop someone dying from the aoe. And a dead person can't get the kill, of course. Someone who hits lv. 99 should be able to do the quests given at his level. They should've introduced a new boss at the end with a different name and keep all the old ones, as they did with every other boss in Seat or Aba.

Hm, we did him fine in BB though. Besides, chances are high OP was the one BBing and with that hp I don't expect them to have more than a r8 weapon. So that might be part of the problem. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hm, we did him fine in BB though. Besides, chances are high OP was the one BBing and with that hp I don't expect them to have more than a r8 weapon. So that might be part of the problem. b:surrender
    That was not my point exactly. Our squad did fine with BB, too, and I welcome the changes to aba and seat and for well-geared people it's just right, though I found it disappointing that it's so much easier if you have enough dd power to kill him before he really becomes dangerous.
    But imagine a situation a new player hits lv. 99 and thinks " awesome, I can continue on my culti journey" and confronts Hellfire and will get one-shot even through BB (similarily to what OP described)... that's not how this game was designed. It showed you a hard instance that may be easier with the new gear, but not impossible with the old gear... A lv. 99 player won't have super gear, they won't expect such a drastic
    change from fb89 or Lunar to fb99 either.

Gear close to the culti level was never a hurdle to finish it. That's why just renaming the new final boss and adding the old Hellfire Abomination somewhere would fix it imo.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yah, person who just got lvl 100 ...well SoT HellFire will be a challenge for him/her and if its a cleric who just got 100..squad might have problems

But i guess it all depends how ppl do it

I have had a squad which got wiped 2 times at HellFire...after that 5 left but 2 new couldn't get more, so we decide to do it even if we r 7
    we were 3 venos , sin (tank) , cleric, bm (tank), seeker-i think
    we died once idk how but we tried again and we did very very good , veno (i think) was moving add into trap , so it could aoe us only 2 times
    (we did it slow- but then no1 died)

then i have been in rly good squads with 4 OP(r9rr +10/+11/+12) ppl... they asked not to move add or even touch it and of course we all died and only those 4 got the kill
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    im not ashamed to admit

-Yes i still use glacial walker in instances (not like that dmg maters for squad or instance bosses)
    -Yes i use morai dino when i want for extra dd (not like that dmg maters for squad or instance bosses)
    -Yes i have Petite instead of nix

-No i dont have herc/monkey/nix/harpy ( i do want them like A LOT but f:sweat ...90mil~100mil..i better use it to improve my gear since i still have some work to do on it)
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Was. It was. The population however, has outgeared that difficulty level quite a while ago. If you grab a squad of appropriately geared people at current standards, you can do it.

Same as modern computer games don't run on systems built in 1990. The majority of people has moved on.

If there was an "old mode" who would benefit from it? The players with terribly low gear. I don't want these people to move on without gearing up. Because that way they're just going to leech off the people who cared about their gear.
    Also, sins. Soloing the cave to grab books the can sell for few millions. Not quite the common sense of an MMO either, heh.

Why did they have to change cultivation instance instead of making new one? Why not just use nirvana, instance that isnt used for anything atm? Why did they have to change all the bosses and not just do like with aba? You can find all the old cultibosses and despite instance being made for new endgame, lower tier players doing culti didnt get screwed over it.

As for sins farming books? Any and all sins who spam farmed old SoT/Aba were idiots. I used to kill hellfire after BH and opening path to peach while doing aba BH wasnt a big deal either. But which kind of sins could solo farm the instance in reasonable amount of time would of made lot more from farming TT as droprates on books were god horrible. Skillbook farming shouldnt of ever been a problem as it wasnt plain rewarding enough for ppl who could do it.
  • Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think the point of saying they probably only have r8 or lower weapon while they were bbing was referring to amount of heals you would get every 5 seconds. r9+12 cleric is going to have a stronger bb than an r8+5 cleric. The damage is still reduced by 50% reguardless of your weapon and stats, but the bb heal is 20% of your base magic damage, meaning the more you have the better it is. Thusly a lvl 99 needing culti would have higher chances of living with a better geared cleric as healer than the poster per say.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    /snip

I'm not going to address your commentary on something that wasn't meant for you and isn't in its full context. Go read the 10 other threads in the veno section where I elaborated on the things that offended you so much. I made a very specific comment to a very specific person here about a very specific exchange of 3 posts. Notice I didn't feel the need to respond with *foam at the mouth* "Excuse me, YOU ARE FAIL, NO U!" Oh, and I can easily avoid death if I opt for the run-like-a-coward and be less-than-minimally-useful to the squad route. I guess I'll give it a shot upon your urging. Thanks for the advice.

As for the dungeon commentary portion of your post:
    I think you misunderstood what I meant in my last 2 sentences and the sample squad set up. It's my prediction for what will become the popular build as dictated by server squad trends. "Exclusionary" means the act or condition of excluding, or not letting people in. People exclude people, not dungeons. The details of a dungeon can only lend to conditions that facilitate more or less exclusion.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm not going to address your commentary on something that wasn't meant for you and isn't in its full context. Go read the 10 other threads in the veno section where I elaborated on the things that offended you so much. I made a very specific comment to a very specific person here about a very specific exchange of 3 posts. Notice I didn't feel the need to respond with *foam at the mouth* "Excuse me, YOU ARE FAIL, NO U!" Oh, and I can easily avoid death if I opt for the run-like-a-coward and be less-than-minimally-useful to the squad route. I guess I'll give it a shot upon your urging. Thanks for the advice.

As for the dungeon commentary portion of your post:
    I think you misunderstood what I meant in my last 2 sentences and the sample squad set up. It's my prediction for what will become the popular build as dictated by server squad trends. "Exclusionary" means the act or condition of excluding, or not letting people in. People exclude people, not dungeons. The details of a dungeon can only lend to conditions that facilitate more or less exclusion.

1) I'm replying to a post in this thread and I stand by what I said. If it was out of context it's because your post is not in context.

2) If someone responding to your post in a thread is offensive to you then maybe you should take your comments directed to another poster to PMs

LOL! I'd rather run like a coward and live than stand with a squad with a party wipe in progress. Yeah, you're really useful to your squad dead. ROTFL! At least I was alive and managed to lure the boss off of my dead squadmates so they can rez from their mystic buffs and run from the boss's spot to safety before it resets during last night's run.

And yes, my squad which comprised of g12 to g15 low refined gears managed to complete that run once we figured out how to do it. Only losers think that gear is somehow a substitute for skill and strategy. Funny how simple it was once we figured out what to do.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Gawd you people are hilarious! If she is hit for 15k in BB what makes you all think the problem can clearly be solved for...*GASP* 7k hp??

The squad might just be doing something wrong (think Illusion Lord, AOE so hard for TT gear!), because I don't remember getting hit for 15k when I did the boss.

Sorry, I don't really remember specific instructions for the boss with the circles and all that, because I only did it once. I just remember the crystals might help for when BB drops. Let's hope someone can come save this thread though. In the meantime, get 7k hp buffed through Meridian and you're totally ready to face this thing!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For all the ppl who dont give a b:fatb to lvl99 with seat culti you guys are a piece of b:fatb
    1. they have to beg for a squad to finish their culti how hard will that be?
    2. they running in max tt99 and from what i've read from op they prolly get one shot by aoe
    and dont get the kill (i havent tried it out yet tho)

Also op is so kind to help ppl with the culti and all I see are harsh comments about her gear b:surrender
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    /snip

You've been replying to what you think you read. There are 2 pages of people outright saying the OP needs better gear and that people should have a higher minimum standard. I pointed out variables OTHER THAN gear. You still have not replied in a way that conveys any level of understanding of what I actually said about the dungeon, so I'm sorry, but I'm not going to argue with you about what other people said about gear and dungeons just because you think I'm the devil for my opinion on veno pets. I don't find your posts offensive. I find them stupid.
    Gawd you people are hilarious! If she is hit for 15k in BB what makes you all think the problem can clearly be solved for...*GASP* 7k hp??

I always love Q's posts.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There's no tab pillar at the new level ? Hellfire Abomination. The tabbed boss must have been moved elsewhere. (I know for a fact that Lord of Captivation and Torturess Venerator have been moved; Lord is where Torturess was, and Torturess is where the fourth guard mob was, buffed with a heal skill that needs to be interrupted or she goes back up to full HP, both in Nightmare Gate. The other bosses I haven't seen yet, the squad I did a partial SoT with tonight gave up because of time considerations after a wipe near the beginning of Hell Trap.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    For all the ppl who dont give a b:fatb to lvl99 with seat culti you guys are a piece of b:fatb
    1. they have to beg for a squad to finish their culti how hard will that be?
    2. they running in max tt99 and from what i've read from op they prolly get one shot by aoe
    and dont get the kill (i havent tried it out yet tho)

Also op is so kind to help ppl with the culti and all I see are harsh comments about her gear b:surrender

This is exactly what I was thinking. In a couple of levels I'll be doing my 99 culti and I'm wondering if I'll be able to survive or more so if I will even be able to find a squad to go with. I already have that problem with some quests that have been on my list for five or in some cases ten levels(or more) but I can not find a single person willing to squad with me because I'm "too low" and "wait until your 100".

If a person has to wait until they have end game gear just to do their cultivation then there is something seriously wrong with that. It might be easy for all of you who are already 100+ to say we are just qqing or tell us to get better gear, but who is really going to +10 their TT 90/99 gear just so they can get their culti done. And if we do wait until we have end game gear you all will be the first to complain that we haven't done our culti yet and refuse to squad with us any way. I think some people have been high level for so long that they forget what it's like to be a lower level.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There's no tab pillar at the new level ? Hellfire Abomination. The tabbed boss must have been moved elsewhere. (I know for a fact that Lord of Captivation and Torturess Venerator have been moved; Lord is where Torturess was, and Torturess is where the fourth guard mob was, buffed with a heal skill that needs to be interrupted or she goes back up to full HP, both in Nightmare Gate. The other bosses I haven't seen yet, the squad I did a partial SoT with tonight gave up because of time considerations after a wipe near the beginning of Hell Trap.)

The new map has the little boss icons. The smaller ones should be all of the old bosses, the larger ones the weekly bosses. I have not checked all of them in seat yet though.
    edited June 2013
    Options

Pretty sure we ran to everywhere and only saw new hellfire. You end up killing basically everything and thus if there was "old hellfire" in the instance, it would of already been mentioned.

Ps. We dragging lvl 99 friend to do his 99 culti with us on SoT weekly next week, I really hope we get lucky and manage to keep him alive for bosses he needs.
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't really intend to read all that blue text on the 1st page.
    Here's the thing u don't even need a cleric to do Hellfire in sot. U know the queen boss, the boss that u need to dig the crystals for? u can use the crystals for all bosses in sot, and u take like 100 damage when the crystal is activated. Either that or aps him to death in a few seconds.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    The most important thing you guys are missing is...that I'm not able to run SoT solo anymore >.< in terms of farming skills, EXP and DQ. That is annoying.

OFC it would be impossible to do the culti with a group of 99ers only. Main reason why I just level my seeker alt to 100 and do that culti with G16 Swords + 10 and full g16 +7 (which is friggin avarage gear!) and it is no problem anymore (:

Problem is...most people are not working together. You don't need to have an aps squad to kill Hellfire in one Spark. Get some Psys, Wizards, a BM and a Seeker with those pretty debuffs and maybe a veno for amplify and MR. Time it correctly so that all player are at full chi before you start and blast that thing away. Simple isn't it? Already tested and it works well.

If all are starting to attack with low chi then it's obvious that you are going to die. I don't say ppl need all to good gears...but I have to demand that ppl are actually using anything they possibly can.

If I see someone not IGing or ADing or w/e and just let himself die...then I call those person a nub. No one cares to play decently these days. Dunno why. Are they too lazy? If they would all play to an extent no one would need uber gears but if you know that you fail at playing this game then I suggest you charge for uber gears to compensate that and get a laugh from me (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
This discussion has been closed.