[PWI: Rising Call] Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If you guys find any more changes that were not documented, please post! We're making a list so everyone is aware of the changes.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I am very happy with the update! Hopefully AH gets fixed soon, otherwise I don't find any bad word to say. Revamped instances help us to teamplay better.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

This isn't new, they just updated the text. As a seeker, if bramble didn't work this way for ages now, I wouldn't have been laughing at bramble and aps PvPers alike for all this time.

And for the record, mob bramble has worked this way too. I'm not sure if it's always been this way, but it's been this way for over a year at minimum. Melee hits on something like voidweaver hurt like hell, but I can gemini and it tickles.
    I'm wondering about Aba and SoT...

What about the card bosses in there? Are the NPC's still there, do they still spawn with the new mobs?
    Has anyone checked it out? b:shutup

Yeah, the summonobots are still there, same places. Honestly, they're easier to get to now, and dividing up the instances the way they did makes it much easier to hit what you want without having to clear out the excess trash.

Also, I went into Aba to check it out solo, just for fun. No buffs, just my sage adrenal. I'm about half G16, half lunar green, no refines over +6. Having said that, aside from the exploding boulders (do not like that part, but it's environmental, not mobs), the mobs are pansies. They tickled, and that includes the mini-krimsons flying around. Those hurt the most for me, at maybe 350 a shot. Solution: Don't **** them all off at once. If you're complaining about Aba and SoT, maybe you should actually try it out properly.

Oh, and I did a five-man with two L9X chars of Queen of Agony last night. I'll admit, she's a bit of a pain, but they let you dig crystals for a reason. Just go in ready to die a couple times, watch her movements and normal chat. Or just mine ~30 crystals and sit around watching her while they protect you. She's not -that- bad once you get used to her timings and know what tells to watch for.

Though she will oneshot you for 56k+ if you crystal too early and it wears off for her blood rain. b:cool

EDIT: Forgot to mention, TT mat stack sizes went through the roof. At least 100 on normal TT mats, at least 500 on generics (like skulls and klunkies). Do like.
  • AineGoddess - Lost City
    AineGoddess - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There is a spot in Buried Bones now that will give you a bug report. Every time you log on your instantly get bug report, so you're essentially stuck at those coordinates. Tried different computers, and other people that came to that area are stuck there as well.

Coordinates are: (104, 318).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There is a spot in Buried Bones now that will give you a bug report. Every time you log on your instantly get bug report, so you're essentially stuck at those coordinates. Tried different computers, and other people that came to that area are stuck there as well.

When you're stuck in a bugged location do this...

1. Log in and get to your character screen.

2. Select your character to enter the game.

3. While the "Loading" screen is up, hold down the "W" key.

4. Rinse and repeat several times until it gets you off the location and the visual interface loads.

5. If you've done it more than 10 times and it's still crashing, send in a ticket and a GM can change your location data to get you off the spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Yikes! We'll get on this ASAP.

- Val
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This has probably been stated already but, thank the sweet heavenly pangu for making Nirvy Keys stack over 99.
    f:moneyf:kissf:grin
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Lakera - Dreamweaver
    Lakera - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Yikes! We'll get on this ASAP.

- Val
    This is why we love you. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendollyn - Dreamweaver
    Gwendollyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    childplay wrote: »
    I understand it is AEU however where is the initial quest? I'm pretty sure it's not one of the pop-up quests nor is it an automatic drop because I just did 16 AEU runs. The only one that I see possible right now is one of quests the one in AEU which requires 9999 tokens and 9 BOL. However, I understand there should be another quest that enables u to get another token to exchange for the robe. Any idea where?

Sorry for the late reply, he had to have lead to get the quest but everyone got a yellow quest (M. Aragon) that gave them an item at the end called aragon, it looks like the Tusk DQ item. I know he turned it in at the end and had to have everyone in squad to get it, but I don't know the name of the initial quest, I'll try to find him and ask.

Edit: just asked the faction mate who upgraded his last night, you need to be squad leader, have the matchless wings in your inventory as well as 9, 999 tokens of luck and 9 tokens of best luck; so that was the quest that you saw.
  • KnifeDemAll - Archosaur
    KnifeDemAll - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    how does one get the dark assassin pet, as i signed for it and it never came
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Found a new bug, quite a doozie for some of us.

Radio buttons to infuse xp and sp into genies aren't clickable now, making it impossible to level a genie via anything other than cubes and keeping them equipped.

I've heard from one person that she still can, but only one.

EDIT: Apparently this is what I get for never trying to trade genies... it's just an effect of being tradeable x.x
  • Cyrusdesu - Sanctuary
    Cyrusdesu - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Found a new bug, quite a doozie for some of us.

Radio buttons to infuse xp and sp into genies aren't clickable now, making it impossible to level a genie via anything other than cubes and keeping them equipped.

I've heard from one person that she still can, but only one.

The radio buttons to infuse exp and sp become lock when the genie is in trade state is TRADE READY mode, you need revert back non trade state to infuse it with exp or sp again.

Kind of common mistake if people merely just buy gold genie. f:angry.
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The radio buttons to infuse exp and sp become lock when the genie is in trade state is TRADE READY mode, you need revert back non trade state to infuse it with exp or sp again.

Kind of common mistake if people merely just buy gold genie. f:angry.

Ew, that's annoying. I just made it tradeable so I could give it to someone later. Still, thanks. Good to know.
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    how can i do the old abbadon 20X quest? or the mission from void NPC? new Abba and SoT are cool but since they are needed to get some quest done why did you made the completition of the old quest so hard ?
  • X_Beo_Wulf_X - Sanctuary
    X_Beo_Wulf_X - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    you cant trash the new SOT or ADDON quests from your quest list

Sudden changes (the crisis) and jourey into abaddon (missing person)

same with the billboards quest
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Is there any chance that we can get egg smileys back?
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No one in my fac likes the new fb99 instances.

I do like Val's original post though. The red and blue create a small 3D effect that really makes it pop. No glasses required lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I don't know if anyone reported this yet but...

New chain quest for Venomancer to acquire spirit fox form (new fox form) requires you to talk to an NPC in Seat of Torment.

I was there twice and I haven't see it yet. Is the NPC there, anyone knows? If it isn't then we're having some problem...because then Venomancers can't get the new form unless the buy the item from the boutique.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • dontbothr1
    dontbothr1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    well, i made my first go around with the new expansion. that hasn't been listed yet or needs to be overlooked again.

1) when you use the quest in Faction base for 'Trivia' inside the Hall of Loyalty, after you activate the quest, and click to go back and finish it, there is 2 quests of the same.. seemed to be wrong coding or duplicating, however when you click on either one to finish it, it will work and go through. so nothing serious, but still a duplicate affair.

2) the quest "Whispering Words", not sure it does anything at all, the only thing i know, is that the quest awarder is the Nation Wars Recruiter... and when upon visiting the site, there is no NPCs for NW. i will wait til NW tonight to see if it does appear, if not then i'm trashing

3) as for the New Abaddon and SoT areas, its cool looking to the changes, but terrible for its meant for 3rd cast players+ only. I've went through Abaddon once, and that is all it took for me to say, "I AM BOYCOTTING THOSE DUNGEONS."

4) the new quests or add-ons, aren't appearing in the 'quest' or 'New features' section in the Encyclopedia.

5) the lottery quest that appears at 8pm/9pm... if its not meant for NA and only for China, then whytf put it in the patch with NA?

6) Haven't seen any event of any kind pop up from the new PWI-Billboard. is it like any other billboard that i see in the world, gives false hope and false advertising

7) I see you brought the 'Mysterious Merchant' to Arch rather than just 1k. which is good to help save coin. btw peeps, he's in North Arch below the banker, next to the Gem Merchant.

8) the Divine Emissary NPC's are now located next to North Arch Banker. go you!

9) On the new ship thats East of Arch and is floating in the Emerald Dragon Gulf. The stairs thats on the bow of the ship that leads to the tele's to port us to different city's. Well the first step on the stairs is blocked, can't really walk up the stair, but have to hop that first step. ALSO!!! if you get too close to the NPC forges that teleports you, you'll be teleported to that particular city. So remember peeps.. no clicking! just be weary which one you walked close to

10) the Banker next to Faction Base doesn't have the quest log like the others, you know.. to convert 10m coin into 1 Ten Million Big Note.... or even 'Increase Inventory Slots'

thats all i can find at the moment, in the little time that i had. check them and see if any is supposed to be as is, or if it was a minor set-back/coding. I know some may be small details. but small things do matter.

if i find more, i'll be sure to write them down and post them
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    2) the quest "Whispering Words", not sure it does anything at all, the only thing i know, is that the quest awarder is the Nation Wars Recruiter... and when upon visiting the site, there is no NPCs for NW. i will wait til NW tonight to see if it does appear, if not then i'm trashing

Quest description when taking said "Trash this quest, no reward" or something like that. I'm keeping it until NW too, but not expecting anything.
    7) I see you brought the 'Mysterious Merchant' to Arch rather than just 1k. which is good to help save coin. btw peeps, he's in North Arch below the banker, next to the Gem Merchant.

Saw one in West also, between the Jewelcraftsman and Teleport Master.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Saw one in West also, between the Jewelcraftsman and Teleport Master.

that one was there for at least a month (first time I noticed him).
    not sure about the north one
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zoteev - Sanctuary
    Zoteev - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    before this Rising Call update I was able to play PWI without opening Launcher or Patcher and then go directly to log in screen via "elementclient" file inside PWI folder but not anymore now, maybe anyone knows how to do it again?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    before this Rising Call update I was able to play PWI without opening Launcher or Patcher and then go directly to log in screen via "elementclient" file inside PWI folder but not anymore now, maybe anyone knows how to do it again?

Same here, I deleted old desktop shortcut of elementclient and simply made a new 1, now works as it used to.
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Not 100% sure where I should report this but:

The chi counter when you hover over the bar on the upper left corner with all your information has gone poof.
    You can still see the yellow bar grow & sparks, but the hover option that says "50/100" has disappeared.

f:cry
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    edited June 2013
    Options

I've heard a couple people say this, but my shortcut still works just fine. Not sure why. Try remaking it as was suggested before me?
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    glitch: we have chinas player limit per battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • kazkade
    kazkade Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    that one was there for at least a month (first time I noticed him).
    not sure about the north one

one in south just across the street from AH
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The NW DC bug is back...
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    First
    Just some things that haven't been mentioned in any thread or the patch notes:

1.) The quest requiring Ma Lin can be completed now! Ma Lin is now localized in our game, and can be found in the required location to begin the quest-chain. (This quest was implemented without the NPC being available back when Siren's of War went live).

2.) The bug for players that obtained the new forms (Veno and Barb), has been fixed... Specifically, this bug started after acquiring the new form. The skill trainer for your class would show that you must re-learn a bunch of old skills, starting back at level 1.

Second
    Also, to reiterate what has been stated before:

1.) The new daily quests and normal quests don't appear in the available quests or repeating quests lists.

2.) The changes in Abba/SoT are great for solid geared and coordinated squads, but it is now near impossible for the original intended purpose - FB99, the required cultivation, and quests that follow. A squad of 10 players that are level 99-100 with average gear, won't be able to accomplish the needed tasks in the instances. A way to combat this is to tier it off. Examples have been given in this and many threads entailing a multitude of rudimentary methods that could solve this issue. The best one I have had the pleasure of reading thus far calls for creating three different modes of these instances.

Mode 1: Normal instance. This is for players looking to finish the required quests and cultivation.

Mode 2: Challenge Mode. This is the current set-up. This mode is for a challenge and should be rewarded with BH rewards.

Mode 3: Trophy Mode. This is already implemented, and is fine the way it is... Minus the dc bugs that plague most squads. PW-CN should look into fixing this issue once and for all, as it is bothersome in all cases, and present in RB and Nation Wars, among many other areas.

3.) This is purely my opinion(s), and should be taken as just another voice in the crowd.

Soulgem Conversion: Not much is really needed in terms of my opinion. I think this was something a lot of players have been asking for since the dawn of time. I'm glad this has come into play, though only partially available, as only attack/defense level shards can be moved.

Meridian System: This is a really neat feature. It's not OP, which is nice. It gives intensive for players to log-in and do stuff, which is rather good. I'm not a fan of the fact that it can all be bought quickly via the Boutique, but that isn't surprising. I don't think it's a big game changer, though.

Venomancer stuff: I was actually surprised to see so much actually added for Venos. I've kept pretty well updated on PW-CN's patches, but there wasn't a solid set of translated data on this stuff until it came to our version. I think it's pretty nice. Hopefully the bug in the veno's daily will be fixed. I'm not a fan of PW-CN deciding to reuse the Cube instance and calling it a new area. That's pretty lame, lol.

Nation Wars updates: I think the two new maps will be fun and encourage different engagements in PvP. I think adding the massive new map by doubling all NW lands is stupid, unless you plan to do what was intended with the new map - server VS server wars. If you don't plan to do this feature right away, the new map shouldn't have ever come to our version. Even lowering the battles to 15 VS 15 instead of 20 VS 20, isn't going to dramatically help. It's not 100% less people in the battle; just 50% (5 less people per battle), therefore many lands will be either one-sided or wastelands. This in return means less points overall per person and/or less long, fun fights.

Guild Management system: Dumb and idiotic for all reasons already pointed out countless times. It's going to cause issues. Simple as that. It needs to be fixed.

All other goodies: The weapon fashion was a nice surprise, along with some quests for lower levels, and a few bug fixes. I would still like to see fixes to some of the major issues of the game. This is the constant crashing for when the client reaches 1.8GB of it's 2GB of RAM limitation (can be manually patched for an unofficial fix, but can be bannable), the DC bugs in NW, RB, and 99 trophy mode, and various other fixes (more than just localization).

A special thank you to whoever it was in PW-CN's dev team that came up with the idea to stack more than 99 Nirvana keys, and more than 50 or less TT mats. That was a massive lifesaver for some of us. I freed up nearly half of my bank on multiple toons. I can't believe that I have about 600 Nirvana keys on my main and 500 on an alt. b:shocked
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The NW DC bug is back...
    It never left. It just became less noticeable after adding some new hardware. Delta and the other instances that were affected by this bug before NW ever came out are still affected too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]