[PWI: Rising Call] Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Trophy Mode. Not sure whether its Aba or SoT or both?

Incorrect... It's AEU
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    vias9x7 wrote: »
    ok... here's what my screen looks like when its updateing (links to my facebook) :

https://www.facebook.com/georgianpixie#!/photo.php?fbid=504006703003872&set=a.175482452522967.44212.100001836410715&type=1&theater

i added a description for each issuse on the photo ^ plz look at photo, THEN tell my wth is wrong

f:worry f:shh f:faint f:sweat

ps lol in my pokemon white i choose snivy as my starter and it totally reminds me of this guy > f:angry < i named him snickers xD

Rising Call was a content update, not a new expansion, so no. (Or is it? PWI keeps swapping between Expansion and COntent Update to describe it. Clarification?)

have you tried manual patching?
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Only been in aba twice so far. 1st time alone, turned around at the beholders since they have 1.5m hp each and their range makes not getting a group of them more trouble than its worth.

Went back, this time getting hit with 2-3 rocks at a time and dying instantly, repeatedly.

Same goes for half the squad. Only the full R9rrs with 26k hp felt a mild drizzle.

We got to the puppeteer, half the squad and I got ported to the naughty box and the other half failed to do anything useful unless you count sucking and dying a priority.

Then we sat there while our leader glitched through all the walls like a tool for about 20 min, before I just left in disgust.

The mobs give NO xp or drops at all, and all in all I cannot loathe this update more.

The sole good thing to come from this expansion is the meridian system. I actually think its fun.

I, and several people I know at least, actually loved the old aba/sot. I even preferred it before you added the 2 new bosses, because you actually had more than 4 minute runs to a 20 sec boss fight.

At the very least the rocks at the start of new Aba need indicators on the ground so you can have some say in the matter. As it is you just holy path/charger orb as far as you can hoping only one hits you at a time. Failing that, make it so that you CAN'T get hit by more than one simultaneously.

As it is now is like going through about 40 of the hand traps from tt, that detonate instantly and without warning hoping you don't get caught by 3-4 at once. Hell I watched our R9RR heavy pimped out geared bm and cleric's hp bars barely move, but suddenly take a huge hit from several rocks hitting them at once.

And you expect people at lv 99 to go in there and do what exactly? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Only been in aba twice so far. 1st time alone, turned around at the beholders since they have 1.5m hp each and their range makes not getting a group of them more trouble than its worth.

Went back, this time getting hit with 2-3 rocks at a time and dying instantly, repeatedly.

Same goes for half the squad. Only the full R9rrs with 26k hp felt a mild drizzle.

We got to the puppeteer, half the squad and I got ported to the naughty box and the other half failed to do anything useful unless you count sucking and dying a priority.

Then we sat there while our leader glitched through all the walls like a tool for about 20 min, before I just left in disgust.

The mobs give NO xp or drops at all, and all in all I cannot loathe this update more.

The sole good thing to come from this expansion is the meridian system. I actually think its fun.

I, and several people I know at least, actually loved the old aba/sot. I even preferred it before you added the 2 new bosses, because you actually had more than 4 minute runs to a 20 sec boss fight.

At the very least the rocks at the start of new Aba need indicators on the ground so you can have some say in the matter. As it is you just holy path/charger orb as far as you can hoping only one hits you at a time. Failing that, make it so that you CAN'T get hit by more than one simultaneously.

As it is now is like going through about 40 of the hand traps from tt, that detonate instantly and without warning hoping you don't get caught by 3-4 at once. Hell I watched our R9RR heavy pimped out geared bm and cleric's hp bars barely move, but suddenly take a huge hit from several rocks hitting them at once.

Wow... Just wow... This really needs to be fixed... Or at least get different modes like TT's... Something like this:

Cultivation Mode: Spawns a minimal amount of mobs and traps... Summons all bosses needed for Spiritual Cultivation... Normal drops and drop rate belong here too...

Bounty Hunter Mode: Spawns a moderate amount of mobs and traps... Summons BH Boss and maybe 1 or 2 additional bosses of average difficulty to make BH's more challenging but not ridiculously hard either...

Challenge Mode: Spawns everything we have in the caves right now... Of-course being the hardest difficulty, this mode should also have good improved drops and drop rate... The ones who either CSed their gear or worked hard for it should be allowed to have a little advantage after all...

This just seems like the most logic solution to me... I bet if something like this where to happen, everyone would be pleased about the new instances, no matter how much access to OP gear they have... b:thanks

Either way, since Val started working here I actually regained my trust in the PWI company... So I have faith about this at least being looked into and getting a fix in one way or another eventually... It might just take a bit... So don't resort to saying stuff like RageQuiting and such yet... No matter what some OP-geared jerks tell you just because you're not agreeing with them... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Gwendollyn - Dreamweaver
    Gwendollyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    childplay wrote: »
    Which quest enables u to get the items for the matchless wing upgrade?

1 AEU run should let you upgrade the matchless wings, a faction mate just upgraded his. :)
  • childplay
    childplay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    1 AEU run should let you upgrade the matchless wings, a faction mate just upgraded his. :)

I understand it is AEU however where is the initial quest? I'm pretty sure it's not one of the pop-up quests nor is it an automatic drop because I just did 16 AEU runs. The only one that I see possible right now is one of quests the one in AEU which requires 9999 tokens and 9 BOL. However, I understand there should be another quest that enables u to get another token to exchange for the robe. Any idea where?
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm wondering about Aba and SoT...

What about the card bosses in there? Are the NPC's still there, do they still spawn with the new mobs?
    Has anyone checked it out? b:shutup
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    b

oh please, it's not like you cant get help from higher levels. in fact, the new system is more friendly cause after bh you can just tele to the rest of the bosses.

also it's one thing to fail cause the gear reqs are insane and another cause your squad is filled with powerleveled overgeared noobs that don't know how to play.
    Wow... Just wow... This really needs to be fixed... Or at least get different modes like TT's... Something like this:
    . No matter what some OP-geared jerks tell you just because you're not agreeing with them... b:cute

let me tell you the story of my squad:

me, sin, 10k hp, 5aps g16+10
    my 99 seeker 6k morai 95 +3
    2 archers at 10k hp, g16, didn't check refine
    1 veno at 10k hp, g16
    2 clerics, 3.5k (some tt green) 6k (g16 low refine)
    psy, archer, veno, low hp (around 5k)

sure, not the least OP squad; yet one crappy class selection, I practically grabbed whoever replied.

first part (hard): passing the rocks. that's not gear related, just need 2 holy paths. I think that apos and certain skills reduce the damage too.

second part: kill the mobs. the beholders were tricky; I think that the best way to do them is have a sin stealth, and the rest of squad comes when there is one in the area. after that, you can run around and kill them one or two at a time; with a 10 person squad it's trivial.

third part: puppeteer. first time we did we wiped but that was because an archer went pew pew pew without even BB set up and nobody killed adds. second try was successful and easy; everyone focused on the mobs while I tanked; one bb up one cleric healing. "sure, you are g16+10 aps sin, ofc it's easy for you" fan part, i was dead for 40% of the boss hp cause I died and second cleric was boxed. "still, you had nice archers" yeah true. but if a 10k hp archer or sin can tank it relatively easy, imagine how easy it will be with a proper tank, dunno, a 10k barb or bm? those aren't exactly rare. you may still make an argument that our dps was good and yes it was good, but it was good with absolute no coordination, no good debuffs and with major dds dying; a squad with better coordination can easily have similar dps even without OPness; after all, if you can tank it and kill the adds, there is no rush.

fourth part: killing some more mobs

fifth part: old aba only with teleporters that tele you straight to the bosses and some mobs (bh boss has very few mobs to kill)

and yeah those mobs hit my 99, la/ha mix seeker for less than 400; not an issue with a bp'ed vortex.

so, before QQing and/or worrying about those poor, not OP squads and claim that only r9rr+12 can do it maybe take a step back and get a strategy. the game is evolving past a "holy path to boss, point and afk macro kill" and that's good. Sometimes it is a gear issue. sometimes it's an issue of not being a noob that doesn't know what to play. and in noobs I mainly look at those "I don't fc I kill one mob after the other to level, i'm so pro"
    you only purge once #yopo
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    still cant put my shards and TT mats into the AH -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i so like it when ppl start QQing and raging and bla on the forum when they didn't even searched that content by themselves....but on with the masses...like a bunch of sheeps.

yes the sot/aba have been upgraded...a little more spiced up difficulty....what u'dd aspect?

the last instance in game to be able to go random with no strategy or =< NV 1-2st stage +0-+3?

get a hold of yourselves....u actually qq for the sake of it...or probably u have tons of toons weak geared plvled and your worried that u wont be able to do your beloved bh on them without some decent gear?b:laugh

yes the mobs/bosses/whatever u needed in the previous quests/tasks/bh's are still there...only with modified stats and some with modified graphics reordered in different pathways...BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE - CULTI/BH BOSSES AND MOBS

u're sole reason to failing this instance is cuz u didn't stopped for a second to actually think a plan of attack and actually read the tips/questline.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    slamstone wrote: »
    i so like it when ppl start QQing and raging and bla on the forum when they didn't even searched that content by themselves....but on with the masses...like a bunch of sheeps.

yes the sot/aba have been upgraded...a little more spiced up difficulty....what u'dd aspect?

the last instance in game to be able to go random with no strategy or =< NV 1-2st stage +0-+3?

get a hold of yourselves....u actually qq for the sake of it...or probably u have tons of toons weak geared plvled and your worried that u wont be able to do your beloved bh on them without some decent gear?b:laugh

yes the mobs/bosses/whatever u needed in the previous quests/tasks/bh's are still there...only with modified stats and some with modified graphics reordered in different pathways...BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE - CULTI/BH BOSSES AND MOBS

+1
    and you only need to do one extra boss for the oht culti bosses/bh. which is not hard even for undergeared squads (i'm talking tt90) with a decent squad setup.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't find it hard at all. Sounds like you just got crappy clerics who don't know how to survive.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't find it hard at all. Sounds like you just got crappy clerics who don't know how to survive.

mita b:hi
    seriously, we had a 3.5k cleric and she survived fine (falling rocks took some practise (aka waiting for two holy paths to charge up)); it's finally an instance where skill matters and it's not point and kill
  • saif323
    saif323 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Do we have any new equipments/weapons after this new expansion?
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    mita b:hi
    seriously, we had a 3.5k cleric and she survived fine (falling rocks took some practise (aka waiting for two holy paths to charge up)); it's finally an instance where skill matters and it's not point and kill

Exactly XD Spamming squad heals isn't going to keep people alive like most clerics do b:chuckle Time to grow out of squad heal spam and learn how to play
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Exactly XD Spamming squad heals isn't going to keep people alive like most clerics do b:chuckle Time to grow out of squad heal spam and learn how to play

b:laugh squad heals kept people alive in WS mostly because we were spamming pots, self heals and charm burn
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    OK so I've not read every post in this thread so apologies if what i'm saying has already been said ......

My problem is that after downloading patch I have several BIG glitches:

1- My wings are INVISIBLE
    2- My weapon(s) are INVISIBLE
    3- My TOON is INVISIBLE when i switch to GEAR mode and also in SOME fash !!!!
    4- New NPCs and some recent NPCs are only represented by 3 large red letters ... ERR (error)

I ran VERIFY overnight hoping it would clear the glitches but NOTHING CHANGED !!!!
    So what do i do now? Any suggestions PLEASE??
    edited June 2013
    Options
    let me tell you the story of my squad:

me, sin, 10k hp, 5aps g16+10
    my 99 seeker 6k morai 95 +3
    2 archers at 10k hp, g16, didn't check refine
    1 veno at 10k hp, g16
    2 clerics, 3.5k (some tt green) 6k (g16 low refine)
    psy, archer, veno, low hp (around 5k)

sure, not the least OP squad; yet one crappy class selection, I practically grabbed whoever replied.

first part (hard): passing the rocks. that's not gear related, just need 2 holy paths. I think that apos and certain skills reduce the damage too.

second part: kill the mobs. the beholders were tricky; I think that the best way to do them is have a sin stealth, and the rest of squad comes when there is one in the area. after that, you can run around and kill them one or two at a time; with a 10 person squad it's trivial.

third part: puppeteer. first time we did we wiped but that was because an archer went pew pew pew without even BB set up and nobody killed adds. second try was successful and easy; everyone focused on the mobs while I tanked; one bb up one cleric healing. "sure, you are g16+10 aps sin, ofc it's easy for you" fan part, i was dead for 40% of the boss hp cause I died and second cleric was boxed. "still, you had nice archers" yeah true. but if a 10k hp archer or sin can tank it relatively easy, imagine how easy it will be with a proper tank, dunno, a 10k barb or bm? those aren't exactly rare. you may still make an argument that our dps was good and yes it was good, but it was good with absolute no coordination, no good debuffs and with major dds dying; a squad with better coordination can easily have similar dps even without OPness; after all, if you can tank it and kill the adds, there is no rush.

fourth part: killing some more mobs

fifth part: old aba only with teleporters that tele you straight to the bosses and some mobs (bh boss has very few mobs to kill)

and yeah those mobs hit my 99, la/ha mix seeker for less than 400; not an issue with a bp'ed vortex.

so, before QQing and/or worrying about those poor, not OP squads and claim that only r9rr+12 can do it maybe take a step back and get a strategy. the game is evolving past a "holy path to boss, point and afk macro kill" and that's good. Sometimes it is a gear issue. sometimes it's an issue of not being a noob that doesn't know what to play. and in noobs I mainly look at those "I don't fc I kill one mob after the other to level, i'm so pro"

Thank you for sharing this experience... Yes, good experiences are welcome to be shared as well... Seems like normal geared ppl should be able to tag along just fine as well... I'm happy to see that... This is exactly why I was asking for more user experiences too... And this info is pretty useful as a nice guide too... Btw, you've definitely earned some of my respect by taking low-geared ppl as well... Aside from my friends, not many OP-geared ppl do that these day's... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this experience... Yes, good experiences are welcome to be shared as well... Seems like normal geared ppl should be able to tag along just fine as well... I'm happy to see that... This is exactly why I was asking for more user experiences too... And this info is pretty useful as a nice guide too... Btw, you've definitely earned some of my respect by taking low-geared ppl as well... Aside from my friends, not many OP-geared ppl do that these day's... b:thanks

:) tbh it's not like I had many choices and I'd rather form in 5min and spend one hour in an instance than tele for one hour and spend 5min in the instance.

but yeah, I think bh is pretty doable even for normal/low geared people that adjust to the instance (falling stones, killing adds and watch out for what the ads do e.g. the psy has sov) and have a good class selection. I'd say that you need a cleric one more healer, one main tank and one secondary tank and then DDs; rainbow buffs will be nice. My ideal squad would be: 2 clerics, 1 mystic (res buff!), barb (main tank), bm (sec tank), sin (dd/sec tank), seeker (aoe mobs, sec tank, debuffs/buffs) +2.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There's just one boss I found really hard: The Hellfire Abomination in Seat, cause he constantly aoe's with super high damage (on my nirv T3 Cleric for 7000), so BB or spamming squad heals was needed. Basically, when BB dropped and we couldn't back it up within 10 seconds, our squad wiped. But it was hell of a fun experience trying to figure out how we could manage it, but in the end ramboing in the boss neglecting the adds helped us defeat him xD

The rest was rather okay in difficulty if you paid attention to the blinking texts and popping windows. Still a lot of fun!
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    :) tbh it's not like I had many choices and I'd rather form in 5min and spend one hour in an instance than tele for one hour and spend 5min in the instance.

but yeah, I think bh is pretty doable even for normal/low geared people that adjust to the instance (falling stones, killing adds and watch out for what the ads do e.g. the psy has sov) and have a good class selection. I'd say that you need a cleric one more healer, one main tank and one secondary tank and then DDs; rainbow buffs will be nice. My ideal squad would be: 2 clerics, 1 mystic (res buff!), barb (main tank), bm (sec tank), sin (dd/sec tank), seeker (aoe mobs, sec tank, debuffs/buffs) +2.

Just did SoT on Archer... That wasn't bad at all... We only had like 3 OP-geared ppl among us... Don't know about Aba BH yet... Or Culti in SoT... But SoT BH didn't suck at all... f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Just did SoT on Archer... That wasn't bad at all... We only had like 3 OP-geared ppl among us... Don't know about Aba BH yet... Or Culti in SoT... But SoT BH didn't suck at all... f:grin

haven't tried sot yet... do you get a teleport npc that teles you to the old bosses?
    edited June 2013
    Options
    haven't tried sot yet... do you get a teleport npc that teles you to the old bosses?

You teleport through starting NPC to Nightmare Gate... Then you kill a few mobs and there's the boss... Some mobs have Phys imunity though... f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vias9x7
    vias9x7 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Rising Call was a content update, not a new expansion, so no. (Or is it? PWI keeps swapping between Expansion and COntent Update to describe it. Clarification?)

have you tried manual patching?

in 13 mins it will be 24hrs now of non-stop attempts at updateing now (so far its like at 49% at most -.-")

how does one manual patch?

foxy alone f:horror f:thanks f:brick f:hehe
  • vias9x7
    vias9x7 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lmfao god i love that lil fox xD
  • Lanaught - Harshlands
    Lanaught - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't know if anyone has noticed or if I'm just imagining things but I think the limit on Jones quest per day was lifted. I had like 20 tokens on and was able to use them all up to get quests o.o
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This is my favorite part of the update: http://i.imgur.com/64C60Hj.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited June 2013
    Options

now I want itb:shocked
    edited June 2013
    Options

Thanks... I coughed out my drink thanks to that... f:spew

Btw... Is that a Kyubey face you got as title? It does look like one... f:ponder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't know if anyone has noticed or if I'm just imagining things but I think the limit on Jones quest per day was lifted. I had like 20 tokens on and was able to use them all up to get quests o.o

Figures I was going to save my extra's and ended up vendoring them b:angry. Good to know though unless it's a bug that will be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT