[PWI: Rising Call] Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Zoteev - Sanctuary
    Zoteev - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Same here, I deleted old desktop shortcut of elementclient and simply made a new 1, now works as it used to.

I did that and I tried to launch elementclient, Launcher, and patcher files inside PWI folder and all went to the same updater box, elementclient was able to take me straight to login screen before rising call :/
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I did that and I tried to launch elementclient, Launcher, and patcher files inside PWI folder and all went to the same updater box, elementclient was able to take me straight to login screen before rising call :/

If you launch 1st client, then it will still give the box, but 2nd time when you click the elemtnclient shortcut (while you have 1 client open already) it opens another client and this time it`s directly to the login menu as it was prior to this expansion.
  • Juffin - Archosaur
    Juffin - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Transformation: Spend Flowing Crystals and coin to transform an imbued gem into a same level or higher level gem. For now, only Attack Lv and Defense Lv gems can be transformed.
    Flowing Crystals are a new item that can be purchased in the Boutique.
    Please visit a PW Promotions Agent to learn more about this new function!

Clearify this please. Does this mean I can put a DoT in a socket then transform it to a DoD and then to a JoSD?
  • caleviel
    caleviel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    dontbothr1 wrote: »
    well, i made my first go around with the new expansion. that hasn't been listed yet or needs to be overlooked again.

7) I see you brought the 'Mysterious Merchant' to Arch rather than just 1k. which is good to help save coin. btw peeps, he's in North Arch below the banker, next to the Gem Merchant.

There has always been a Mysterious Merchant in Archo south across the road from the apothecary. ijs b:chuckleb:victory
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Id like to add least a positive change bout this update and here it is.

Ma Lin has officially been added to our version and so everyone can now complete that one quest that was incomplete.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • SaphiraDemon - Archosaur
    SaphiraDemon - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Just did TW, and evolved nix doesn't seem to want to attack targets in the air if you are standing on the ground, haven't tested attacking an air target while flying because I perfer not to fly in TW... At least one other veno in the same TW had the same issue. Can anyone else corroborate this?
  • RiveriaX - Archosaur
    RiveriaX - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    After the Rising Call update, the start button on the PWI window stays gray, and I can't click anything else. The window also disappears after 15 seconds. Any solutions? b:sad
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    World boss and mini bosses now have different spawn times for most of them. This may or may not have been intentional and may or may not be a good thing b:chuckle
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    World boss and mini bosses now have different spawn times for most of them. This may or may not have been intentional and may or may not be a good thing b:chuckle

Would be curious to know if this affects rare pet spawns too. It'd be pretty nice to give the rare spawncampers a harder time, and give other players an actual chance.
  • SambucaShot - Raging Tide
    SambucaShot - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The Jolly Jones quests aren't limited to seven per day anymore.

I had 14 tabs (two days worth on my psychic) and it let me complete all 14.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Would be curious to know if this affects rare pet spawns too. It'd be pretty nice to give the rare spawncampers a harder time, and give other players an actual chance.

I never really understood the use of rare spawn-campers... They're just taking away the opportunity for others because they want to have some extra coin... They should just make rare pets untradable or something so only those who really want it will have a use in trying to get it... f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    v4liance can you at least have a GM port to those people stuck to teleport them away? Some people are nearing the 1 week mark being stuck with no help whatsoever.

There has been 0 support in the "technical support" thread regarding this.
    b:bye
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I never really understood the use of rare spawn-campers... They're just taking away the opportunity for others because they want to have some extra coin... They should just make rare pets untradable or something so only those who really want it will have a use in trying to get it... f:meh

I agree with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Seacoral - Sanctuary
    Seacoral - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Just did TW, and evolved nix doesn't seem to want to attack targets in the air if you are standing on the ground, haven't tested attacking an air target while flying because I perfer not to fly in TW... At least one other veno in the same TW had the same issue. Can anyone else corroborate this?

I also noticed this issue in both TW, NW, and tested on several flying mobs. Evolved nix will no longer attack anything in the air as long as I am on the ground. If I start flying it will also fly and attack after a short delay. It seems to be classified as only a ground pet while I'm on the ground, which defeats the purpose of having a flying pet out to attack flying targets from the ground. Of course, it no longer gets stuck in terrain which is a plus, but the lack of ability to send it in the air is extraordinarily inconvenient.

Also, I can't seem to be able to hit the towers in the Bridge Battle NW map with my evolved nix. I haven't tried any other pets on them, can anyone else shed light on this?
    Proud forum lurker since 2008 b:avoid
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

You cannot fix stupidity, the dino is untradable and there's still morons that kill the dino if they see it beside let it there so a veno can tame it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It appears that the mobs in Tiger Event have been modified...I personally did not go, I heard it from faction mates. I heard that they changed the mobs, their locations and made their respawn time longer than the ones from the prior-update event. Is this intentional/permanent?

/inb4tigerQQ
  • afterdarkangelz
    afterdarkangelz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Are these bugs, What are these tickets For? Why were they added and act like they are broken?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey, you sir!

People keep reporting that there are more bugs in the venomancer instance:

- sometimes the quest/npcs/monsters do not spawn/appear even if they are in during the time frame of the event

- sometimes the guard NPC seem not to change mode from fire to physical and vice versa, thus the venomancer has to attack them more than once

- if you disconnect while in the instance, when you re-log it'll teleport you out instead of keeping you in, and you'll lose your ability to do the instance/get your reward for the day
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You cannot fix stupidity, the dino is untradable and there's still morons that kill the dino if they see it beside let it there so a veno can tame it.

Even though only lvl 95+ ppl can get to it? Geez... That kinda amazes me... f:stare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It appears that the mobs in Tiger Event have been modified...I personally did not go, I heard it from faction mates. I heard that they changed the mobs, their locations and made their respawn time longer than the ones from the prior-update event. Is this intentional/permanent?

/inb4tigerQQ

Are you serious? I've been too pissed to play for a week now and did not go to tiger event but if I had that probably would have been the last straw. I told them a while back they need to make some changes to restore some balance with the new gear changes. So I'm all for them changing mobs and locations since 2 high geared people can control an entire area and chase anyone else off now.

But does anyone know if they actually made the respawn time take longer? Or was it just people killing too fast. Because one of my suggestions was to increase mobs and make them spawn faster, not slower.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The biggest glitch I've had to deal with so far is that when you hover your mouse cursor over your Chi bar, it no longer tells you how much Chi you have. As mentioned before, you can still see sparks, you can still guess how much Chi you have, but there's no specific amount provided, which is really annoying.

I can't say anything about Abaddon or SoT which hasn't already been said, except that the revamp was a failure. Now that it requires more skill and strategy than just "point-click-kill"... yeah, doesn't help. The vast majority of people I meet in squads are utterly incapable of listening to instructions or hell, even just responding to questions in chat. Especially, in NW. If there are people who can take weeks, even months, to fully comprehend how a simple capture-the-flag game works, what makes you think they'll adjust to a completely revamped instance any sooner?
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I can't say anything about Abaddon or SoT which hasn't already been said, except that the revamp was a failure. Now that it requires more skill and strategy than just "point-click-kill"... yeah, doesn't help. The vast majority of people I meet in squads are utterly incapable of listening to instructions or hell, even just responding to questions in chat. Especially, in NW. If there are people who can take weeks, even months, to fully comprehend how a simple capture-the-flag game works, what makes you think they'll adjust to a completely revamped instance any sooner?

And how does this make the revamp a failure? Sounds to me like the players are the failures here b:bye
    Both instances are easy once you've figured out how to do it, and it takes takes only 1 or 2 runs to figure out.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    And how does this make the revamp a failure? Sounds to me like the players are the failures here b:bye
    Both instances are easy once you've figured out how to do it, and it takes takes only 1 or 2 runs to figure out.

+1
    at last there is a (very basic) level of skill introduced.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • pasarinh
    pasarinh Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    some venons told me that the respawn of Derjan is not happening and the same happens with the Dodo..
    Try to fix it :)
  • SAiiiLu - Dreamweaver
    SAiiiLu - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm grossly disappointed with the update.

The veno daily is glitchy and stupid. You cannot attack the npc/mobs that you're supposed to, you have to aoe the invisible target near them -- fix this. It's unacceptable.

The new seat and aba are ridiculous and exactly what I was afraid you people would do. Harder dungeon. Crappier drops. How the hell is anyone going to be able to do fb99 now? Are the other bosses even there anymore? Have you geniuses altered the culti to be compatible with the new layout? I doubt it. Again, unacceptable.

Disagree. Actually new ABA and Sot are more fun. We just did them for culti in squad of 5 with no cleric. So they are not really hard.
  • Artn - Archosaur
    Artn - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This is my favorite part of the update: http://i.imgur.com/64C60Hj.png

They are secretly adding chinese r9 here, look up the name of them in in-game encyclopedia and look mats needed
    f:hush f:gone
    My name isn't Artn anymore, someone change it pl0x.
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Wait, let me get this straight......... You nerfed bramble for "balance reasons". BRAMBLE.......which DOES NOT WORK IN PVP, has been nerfed for BALANCE reasons.........

The ONLY place bramble works is inside an instance, and of those instances only TW and NW would be even remotely considered in "BALANCE issues". So what you are basically saying is that China once again made the call to nerf the veno class, that it marketed as a solo OP class, even as it pushes sales on a veno class expansion under the false pretense you are "evening them back out".

This tells me EXACTLY what China thinks of the people who are playing the PWI version of the game.

Call this for what it is and stop sugar coating China's poor decisions. China simply wants to cause more charm **** to players so that they can push up sales on charms to further enhance the revenue stream.

They are RUINING this game with their stunning GREED. Yes, I understand they are in business to make money, but at this point this game is doomed. You can not raise your level cap, you can not merge your servers, you can not farm any instance in game at all to make coin anymore, you can not repair bugs, you can not hire new people to help control the flow of the game properly. All China can do is milk it further through packs and cater to mid level players who refuse to level themselves.

At this point, CHINA is in DIRECT VIOLATION of the TOS.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    veno class, that it marketed as a solo OP class.

where is it marketed as solo OP class? in any case, if it's OP, it should be nerfed.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    where is it marketed as solo OP class? in any case, if it's OP, it should be nerfed.

When we started this game, the veno class, and it's battle pets, were marketed as a solo class that if you bought the battle pets, you could solo instances and reign supreme. This was even pushed so far as to be one of the load up screens back in the day. Then the QQing started.

AFTER people rushed out to buy these cash shop battle pets, they decided in the interests of "balance", to not only nerf the veno itself, but to nerf the battle pets people spent $250 per pet to get.

Then the next nerf happens.......venos with hercs could still solo hh run's...China's solution to server economies, redo the instances so classes can not solo these runs, so that the mats are pushed up in coin value, gold prices go up, they make money and never mind they used false advertisement to make a quick buck.

Round 3: "WE ARE EXPANDING VENOS TO EVEN THEM OUT"

New battle pets, new daily, new this , new that, and in the background, yet again, another nerf placed on the classes skills so that sales from charms increase, but never once do they mention this is going to occur as they are pushing up everyone to get ready to charge charge charge, buy buy buy.

Following your logic they need to take the fish and earthguard out of this game, take genies out, and pretty much reset the servers back to beta phase so that everyone is on even footing. This game has ZERO replay value, ZERO incentive to log it in other than I started this game out, and I will be here when they shut these servers down. (Although I have a distinct reason for doing such).

They change the TOS at whim, they change the game play at whim, yet they never fix even the simplest of game play issues. All the while they work to push the game to straight cash shop, milking the game for every dime they can get, and throwing the players base randoms bones to get them to shut up, but never really addressing anything if actual importance to the game.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the nerf on bramble, Emerald. The nerf is only for skills, auto attacks still get the same reflected damage that has always been. So the derp-aps sins will keep dying, while the people who were using skills will keep living.

Before this nerf, it was very rare that someone using skills would die to bramble, except if it was someone with good weapon, but bad armor. So not much is gonna chance imo, except that now horrible sins have a better choice to deal damage.