[PWI: Rising Call] Discussion Thread

Options
v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Hey folks,

So we're live with PWI: Rising Call!

Let's take this space to talk about all the changes. If you're running into problems, have a suggestion, a complaint, a compliment, let it be known here!

- Val

Note: Head here for discussions on the Nation Wars map change.

Undocumented Issues! (GM responses in Red)

Here is a list of changes that were not documented in the patch notes. If you find changes that were not in the notes, please feel free to post a reply and we'll add it in so we can have a collection of what the changes are, and to see which requires immediate attention.

- TT Mats and Nirvana keys can now stack up to 9,999
- Venomancer class's Bramble skill has been nerfed | Will follow up with team, see if this was intended. | [UPDATE] Was an intended change for balance reasons.
- Lottery ticket quests appear at 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM server times. As of now there seems to be no use for them. | Unfortunately, this is a residual change from the Chinese version of PWI; it does not currently serve a purpose.
- The quest order of many NPCs have changed. (i.e. Mysterious Old Man's 3 Nirvana Key quest is now listed as the first option, and the TT pillars' list of difficulty is swapped)
- A new boat is now east of Archosaur that has teleports to cities like Dreamweaver, 1k Streams, and so on.
- Useless gold as been added the PW Boutique Agent's Best Luck trading tab. | This currently does not serve a purpose, but we may make use of this in the future!
- Auction house is bugging out with "AH Not Open" messages at some points for some items. | Reproduced internally; we're in the process of investigating the extent of this issue and what we can do about it. | UPDATE: Fixed with v731!
- Incorrect TW time slots. | Really sorry for letting this one slip by again, guys. We're aware of it, and we'll make sure it's fixed ASAP. | UPDATE: Fixed with v731!
- Venomancer instance instructions issues. | We determined that there is an issue with how the system allows PK enabled vs. non-PK enabled venomancers to interact with the NPCs. We're investigating now to see the extent of this issue and what sort of changes might need to be made as a result.
- A new Banker NPC is now located on the platform right next to the Faction Base manager NPC in East Archosaur.
- Various NPCs have been placed in Archosaur, such as the Divine Emissary NPCs next to the North Archosaur banker, and more Mysterious Merchants around Arch (The previously known one was in South Arch).
- The Jolly Jones daily quests mid-ranged players can get is no longer limited to 7 quests in a day.
- New Venomancer evolved pets update changes pet AI quite a bit in an inconvenient way (While on the ground, the evolved Phoenix will act like a ground pet and will no longer attack targets in the air that are out of its range).
- NPC Ma Lin is now available.
- The level 1 skill to Fox Form/True Form with the new forms for the Venomancer/Barbarian class bug has been fixed.
- new pickaxe & speech bubble icons
-when you use the quest in Faction base for 'Trivia' inside the Hall of Loyalty, after you activate the quest, and click to go back and finish it, there is 2 quests of the same.. seemed to be wrong coding or duplicating, however when you click on either one to finish it, it will work and go through. so nothing serious, but still a duplicate affair.
- the new quests or add-ons, aren't appearing in the 'quest' or 'New features' section in the Encyclopedia.
-the Banker next to Faction Base doesn't have the quest log like the others
-New quest added "Whispering Words" with quest description that says "Trash this quest, no reward"
-The chi counter when you hover over the bar on the upper left corner with all your information has gone poof.
-World boss and mini bosses now have different spawn times for most of them

- CRASH BUG: when your character moves to a location at Buried Bones on the world map (104, 318). If you crash there, your character will CRASH UPON LOGIN. DO NOT GO TO THIS LOCATION. We will work to get this fixed as quickly as we can.

UPDATE: We've got a manual fix for this, and players should now be able to log in fine!

Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    GM, auction house is not working! b:cry

Nvm is working now :)
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    o.o so few replies today.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey Hey, you! I hope you're feeling better :)

Here are some of the changes I have noticed that I think they haven't been mentioned:

- Venomancer Daily quest
    Quest tells your to CTRL + click the horse NPCs to activate them but it doesn't seem to work. Instead Venomancers seem to need to tab and target an invisible mob infront of every NPC and AOE.

I don't know if this is a bug or just misinformation on the quest.

EDIT: Looks like it's CTRL + SHIFT + skill..think the quest description might need tweaking D:

- Venomancer skill Bramble has been changed

- Venomancer new fox form and Barbarian panda form now have a new unique icon

- Nirvana keys can be stacked for more than 99.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey Hey, you! I hope you're feeling better :)

Here are some of the changes I have noticed that I think they haven't been mentioned:

- Venomancer Daily quest
    Quest tells your to CTRL + click the horse NPCs to activate them but it doesn't seem to work. Instead Venomancers seem to need to tab and target an invisible mob infront of every NPC and AOE.

I don't know if this is a bug or just misinformation on the quest.

- Venomancer skill Bramble has been changed

- Venomancer new fox form and Barbarian panda form now have a new unique icon

- Nirvana keys can be stacked for more than 99.

What do you mean bramble changed, how?
  • IllusionXx - Lost City
    IllusionXx - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Didn't someone say it was reduced to 40%? Or less.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands
    Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    When can we expect the expansion prize that we had an opportunity to register for before the expansions release?
    Soul_Ripper_ Lv 98 Sage Assassin Leader: MyLtlPwny

If you see this, then the thread has been PONIFIED!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flutterbat is going to steal your apples! b:shocked
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It would be nice if pwe mentioned EVERY change in their patch notes.

You hideous ones >.>
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Haven't been able to check out the new expansion ingame yet, but from what I hear so far it seems to be going alright! I look forward to experimenting tonight though.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Haven't been able to check out the new expansion ingame yet, but from what I hear so far it seems to be going alright! I look forward to experimenting tonight though.

from my experience its been clear and unglitchy. Game seems more consistent and functional than ever. New Meridian system is a good step, but selling its items in the boutique is bad, since you cant get more than 10 each pill a day being a free user.

Shame on you PWE, shame on you Wanmei
  • tsumego
    tsumego Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    does anybody know what to do with those lottery tickets? apparently you are supposed to do something on the internal browser, but nobody knows exactly. Or is this not implemented yet? b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It would be nice if pwe mentioned EVERY change in their patch notes.

You hideous ones >.>
    Would be nice.

Unfortunately, they can only post the notes that Wanmei bothers to tell them about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm grossly disappointed with the update.

The veno daily is glitchy and stupid. You cannot attack the npc/mobs that you're supposed to, you have to aoe the invisible target near them -- fix this. It's unacceptable.

The new seat and aba are ridiculous and exactly what I was afraid you people would do. Harder dungeon. Crappier drops. How the hell is anyone going to be able to do fb99 now? Are the other bosses even there anymore? Have you geniuses altered the culti to be compatible with the new layout? I doubt it. Again, unacceptable.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    well now i know why the GMs wouldnt answer questions about book drops.. now i wont be able to farm my chars books which was way to rare to begin with b:surrender so when people are done playing with the new TM the instance will be pretty much 100% dead thanks to the overgeared people complaining that everything is to easy yet again >.>
    I'm grossly disappointed with the update.

The veno daily is glitchy and stupid. You cannot attack the npc/mobs that you're supposed to, you have to aoe the invisible target near them -- fix this. It's unacceptable.

The new seat and aba are ridiculous and exactly what I was afraid you people would do. Harder dungeon. Crappier drops. How the hell is anyone going to be able to do fb99 now? Are the other bosses even there anymore? Have you geniuses altered the culti to be compatible with the new layout? I doubt it. Again, unacceptable.

when in hell on my alt i kept getting quests to kill the old bosses and mobs in aba so guess they probably forgot to alter quests to fit the new dungeons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

This... I haven't had the chance to do it myself yet but I will do a test-run with some friends for this reason later... I keep hearing nothing but horror stories about SoT/Aba now... I would apreciate it if the company could also keep in mind that not everyone pays to play this game and has easy access to higher gear... You gave the ones with OP gear the challenge they wanted but at the cost of those less fortunate out there... I will post my own experiences when my friends and I did a test-run in both caves... But I would appreciate it if you could look into this issue... Cause right now it seems that anyone with just average gear is excluded from both doing their Culti and doing their SoT/ABA BH 100's... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    What do you mean bramble changed, how?

I"d like to know the answer to this as well... haven't had a chance to download the update yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vias9x7
    vias9x7 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    f:ponder is my patcher suppost to be rising call or sirens of war still? you know, when u first start pwi (the menu with manual, update, verify....) mine's still stuck on sirens of war and was wondering if that was suppost to change... (update wont load on my end, keeps saying pre-pareing to update but never does f:sweat f:horror )
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Please disregard my previous post... I hadn't seen this post before I submitted it. Sorry! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    fail more

Don't have to do it to realize the obvious problem: New bosses, same old quests. How do you do your culti now?

And one only has to look at the PWCN video to realize that it's much, much harder than the old SoT. Clearly geared towards G16 and beyond. Drop that attitude of yours and realize that not everyone has access to top tier gear. If you have to have level 100 gear to do level 99 quests....then that's a problem.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Couple of things ive noticed on a walk around.

1) Lucid NPC missing, though normally spawns abit later i guess

2) Mysterious Old Man quest options have changed, it now lists the 3 Free key quest as the 1st option instead of the 2nd option, don't just auto click, check 1st.

3) New item added to PW bout agent.
    Usless gold, for 12 Best token of luck you can exchange for '' Usless gold '' ( npc value 100k )

4)The Cool down description on the new Panda form skill logo is wrong. it has a 3 second coodown not 2.

5) Banker added outside of faction base (archo)

Anyone know if there is a coin fee to swapping imbued Soul gems in items via new system in PW bout agent.?
    Also, has anyone successfully pulled off a ''Gold '' medal in this new TM run. wanted to know how many runs it takes to make a Crushed Emblem etc.

All i saw on my 1st walk around.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    fail more

Well, excuse me... But I've know most of the ppl here long enough to tell their complaints are valid... And on top of that, I'm going to see it for myself as well... Is there anything else you would like to say?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Couple of things ive noticed on a walk around.

1) Lucid NPC missing, though normally spawns abit later i guess

2) Mysterious Old Man quest options have changed, it now lists the 3 Free key quest as the 1st option instead of the 2nd option, don't just auto click, check 1st.

3) New item added to PW bout agent.
    Usless gold, for 12 Best token of luck you can exchange for '' Usless gold '' ( npc value 100k )

4)The Cool down description on the new Panda form skill logo is wrong. it has a 3 second coodown not 2.

5) Banker added outside of faction base (archo)

Anyone know if there is a coin fee to swapping imbued Soul gems in items via new system in PW bout agent.?
    Also, has anyone successfully pulled off a ''Gold '' medal in this new TM run. wanted to know how many runs it takes to make a Crushed Emblem etc.

All i saw on my 1st walk around.

Same with OHT npc the options have been changed in places, Arch is now on top, but used to be 3rd or something like that, due to zombie auto pilot teled to OVS in stead of Arch x.x.

Teleporter in morai area on the water platform after you enter is gone as well.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    vias9x7 wrote: »
    f:ponder is my patcher suppost to be rising call or sirens of war still? you know, when u first start pwi (the menu with manual, update, verify....) mine's still stuck on sirens of war and was wondering if that was suppost to change... (update wont load on my end, keeps saying pre-pareing to update but never does f:sweat f:horror )

It's a big update.
  • losteberhardt
    losteberhardt Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Well, I do like the new expansion thus far, but it could have done without making current dungeons harder. Heh, whatever I just won't be bothering with SoT, or Abba.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Same with OHT npc the options have been changed in places, Arch is now on top, but used to be 3rd or something like that, due to zombie auto pilot teled to OVS in stead of Arch x.x.

Teleporter in morai area on the water platform after you enter is gone as well.

That's odd... I just entered Morai and the Teleporter is there as usual... f:stare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You're still able to do BH pretty easily. I'd just probably try to stay back from the mobs if you're still for whatever reason sitting in tt90 gear with 4k HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Very very much this.
    I was hoping the updates would be more like a special trophy mode for bored people who feel they need a challenge, while leaving the old dungeon format for bh/culti/chrono.
    The update here feels a little... unreasonable to me. I might be wrong, people might love the update, but personally I feel these will be 2 dungeons I won't do much anymore.

The veno dungeon is... yeah glitchy. Eventually I managed, and it seems even failwhaleing around in there gets enough thingies to evolve 1 pet with a few extra left over to play around with. Also I'm 100% ecstatic that cashshopping is not required for the evolution system. My expectations were fairly low, so overall my veno side is very pleased.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It's a big update.

manual patch is up and instantly starts to update for me
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok did some testing on the new Meridian System.

Seems the HP bonus goes directly to your base HP, it is affected by bonus Buffs, such as tiger form and HP buff, also it seems to include item % bonus' too.

Not done any test yet on Attack buff, but a bonus of 6 attack power on Meridian has given me 24 attack power in Character window.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    V4l, as Beleni said before on this thread ~ Lucid golds NPCs missing in the towns >_<' >> Could you tell us if thats intentional or just a glitch that need s to be fixed?????f:ponder