PWI: Rising Call - Questions and Answers! [2013-06-12]

Options

Comments

• Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I am pretty sure this new meridian system further destroys the game experience by giving heavy cashers even more power and free players even more nothing b:bye
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    every one complaining about bigger NW map needs to remember w/o the new map we don't get the new battle types

if you believe that you dont know anything about programming
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why PWI doesn't check what impact new updates may have on our versions before they buy them from China?

Since PWI can't make server vs server NW why in this world would u get that map from China that they use in server vs server ?
    How are we supposed to find a battle now with 1 bill lands?
    What good will do this new expanded NW map? I think what we got atm is enough since even like this is hard to find good battles . Our player base is decreasing daily and from those active some gave up coming to NW . Every week we have less people in nations .

V4 i would like to know how u see this new NW map better, compared to less people that come to NW weekly . Maybe i missed something .

Nice point of view... I don't do NW for some long time because of RL things but I also think what we have now is enough... Idk, the new maps seem so huge and with a battle so long and complicated! :s
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Was reading about the NW bridge wars and was wondering if those archers were added to prevent spawn killing? If so they should be added to the normal NW maps as well.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I am pretty sure this new meridian system further destroys the game experience by giving heavy cashers even more power and free players even more nothing b:bye

The meridian system will be available to everyone, you just have to do some new dailies that will come out. Rich people could consider to speed up the process by using their money, but in the end everyone can unlock all the meridian system.

Even if some people max out their meridians, they will only get around 1k hp, 300 of any attack, and 300 of any defense (all the stats differ, depending of the class). That's a nice boost, but hardly gamebreaking.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Was reading about the NW bridge wars and was wondering if those archers were added to prevent spawn killing? If so they should be added to the normal NW maps as well.

How the hell would that work? You need to run by enemy spawn points to turn in the flag to your own base...all CTF wars would end in 0 to 0 if that were the case. Besides, it isn't spawn killing if they get barb, bm and ep buffs, 1.5 sparks and 15 secs of immunity whenever they respawn.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • thomasthundersword
    thomasthundersword Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    if you believe that you dont know anything about programming

I actually wright video games so yes I do know what I am talking about, technically they could add the new types however, we are talking about pwe, they could also (insert thing that players want done but they don't do) but they wont cause tis easier and why would they, personally I am a fan of the new map
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

First off - I want to apologize for any confusion caused by the text in the microsite. (Oh, and I hope everyone signed up for that free pet! It's pretty awesome.)

The old text that referenced cross-server PVP was written when we were contemplating attempting to implement that system with this update. However, we discovered deeper technical issues which required us to postpone any possible cross-server system.

The microsite text should be updated and fixed by now.

Again, I apologize for any confusion there.

To answer some more questions:
    Ok heres my question since I can't focus to read every little thing, and I'd like a response directly from Hey, You! and not someone who thinks they know it. Exactly how are the +2 atk level shards made?

They'll primarily be made via combining 3 Diamonds of Tiger.
    V4liance, how will the new NW battlefields fit in the current one? Will it be known which kind of battle are we entering or random? Sorry if this have already been answered, I've missed it.

You'll be able to see on the regional map which type of battlefield each region is, via the mouseover toolti.
    @val

Will Faction Icons be fixed this update?

That's the plan!

Yep, these guys should help prevent spawn killing.

That's a good idea, adding them to other NW maps - I'll be sure to pass this along!

- Val
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »

That's a good idea, adding them to other NW maps - I'll be sure to pass this along!

- Val
    I haven't been this happy with a response in, I dunno how long b:victory

Well if the free pet is so awesome make it so venos can have an all class pet out at the same time as a battle pet plx b:cryb:surrender
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Val, does PWE have any intention of upgrading the servers?
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Seriously guys come on. >.< cant pwi come up with something original. Bridge battle really? Its just like freaking TW now. I'm getting real tired of hearing of all these changes to the game that arent really changes but more like copies of things in the game already. Either that or theyre just making CSers have it even easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    meridian system - I find it to be a good thing. more power + helps newbie when they need to do the upgraded bh 100s. (mainly lunar, and eh darn oh warsong ^ ^;)

Grants me a little more stats for FC. I like that honestly. :x /hate the 2-3% grind. /Still need to try a sin party tho. Heard it is faster.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The old text that referenced cross-server PVP was written when we were contemplating attempting to implement that system with this update. However, we discovered deeper technical issues which required us to postpone any possible cross-server system.
    I think the biggest issue with this would be because of our servers that share the same uniquename database. I'm pretty sure that if you were to split them each off on their own, that it would solve the majority of the issue with cross-server instances and events.

Alternatively, you could just merge the servers that share the same database together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    V4liance, will same sex marriage be implemented in this expansion? b:surrender

if it is will u marry me cable? XD
  • vampiramacleod
    vampiramacleod Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    when do the new class's come out? b:thanks
  • Mnemeth - Dreamweaver
    Mnemeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Val, does PWE have any intention of upgrading the servers?

^Good question....
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sometimes it doesn't update properly, change your icon to a different toon and then change it back. if that fails, send in a ticket.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There are no more classes. We're at max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    couple questions and maybe theyve alredy been answered if so plz post those answers

1 will cross server pvp be available at some point in the near future? (as in the bigger expansion?)

2 is the map being enlarged for when the cross server pvp happens?

3 SAME SEX MARRIAGE!!!!! is it ever going to happen?

thank uf:thanksf:thanksf:thanks
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    couple questions and maybe theyve alredy been answered if so plz post those answers

1 will cross server pvp be available at some point in the near future? (as in the bigger expansion?) Because he mentioned the technical issues atm it doesn't seem they can do it but I doubt they can do it even 5-6 months from now unless they get more knowledgeable coders. If they fix their name database then sure maybe?

2 is the map being enlarged for when the cross server pvp happens? Again, this is assuming if they manage to fix the above so yes-that and we need new variety

3 SAME SEX MARRIAGE!!!!! is it ever going to happen? No. China won't/doesn't allow it in their version and we get all our content from them. So highly doubtful. Its not PWE's fault-blame China. Im sure our version would make a TON of money if it did with the amount of ppl throwing it around in WC and in faction XD

thank uf:thanksf:thanksf:thanks

My responses in blue :3
  • Nout - Sanctuary
    Nout - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    They'll primarily be made via combining 3 Diamonds of Tiger.
    Does that mean there will be another method to obtain +2 attack level stones?

I guess they'll be put in some new pack directly?b:victory
  • thomasthundersword
    thomasthundersword Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    the +2 ATT lvl will prob be in a pack, and maybe be in NW forges

We are at max race/class now, however PWE/PWCN might decide it would make them more money to alter the code and add more

yes sylen I know this will prob cause problems for existing servers but with code you can do anything. if they truly wanted to they could add more without breaking servers, same with the level cap. however they probably wont unless something major happens with the player base (IE every cash shopper saying they wont add money until a new race/class is added)

I hope they bring same-sex mirage, I don't have need for it but I know a lot of people want it and it would make pwe a lot of money to get some coders in the alter it, idk how tightly PWE's license from PWCN is and if it blocks them from making such changes. and in fact that is truly the only limit on what PWE could do, that and the money it would cost them to do stuff.

@val

I hope that the plan of fixing icons becomes the reality. I miss mine D:
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Never. No new classes. Nobody ever said anything about new classes being created so forget about it. Not going to happen. People need to stop asking about this.

No same sex marriage. Forget about that too.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I hope they bring same-sex mirage, I don't have need for it but I know a lot of people want it and it would make pwe a lot of money to get some coders in the alter it, idk how tightly PWE's license from PWCN is and if it blocks them from making such changes. and in fact that is truly the only limit on what PWE could do, that and the money it would cost them to do stuff.

It doesn't matter how much money it would make them or how many people want it. The simple fact is that same-sex marriage is illegal in China. Due to this game being a Chinese product and PWE being a wholly owned subsidiary of PW Beijing, until the Chinese government changes the laws and the Ministry of Culture stops being a checkpoint for all media imported and exported from the country, you will not see same-sex marriage become an option in this game or any of their other titles. It is also nothing the programmers that PWE employs would be able to do themselves. It would have to come from the programmers in China, just like the safe zone for Secret Passage fix would have to come from them.
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Will there be any cultivation changes due to a change of bosses in fb 99s?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I wonder why they decided for the huge NW map. I didn't really play on the currently enlarged one, but size seems to fit.
    When we had the tiny one I was like "Please don't be full...don't be full...don't be full" when traveling to a battle, now I'll probably be like "Please don't be empty...please don't be empty..."
    On the other hand... there might be some interesting strategies to come up with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I wonder why they decided for the huge NW map. I didn't really play on the currently enlarged one, but size seems to fit.
    When we had the tiny one I was like "Please don't be full...don't be full...don't be full" when traveling to a battle, now I'll probably be like "Please don't be empty...please don't be empty..."
    On the other hand... there might be some interesting strategies to come up with.

I agree with this, the map atm seems like the right size. I don't really run into empty fights on HT, but I have run into plenty that were too one-sided. I can go entire wars without having a good fight. Kinda nervous about the new map.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

First off - I want to apologize for any confusion caused by the text in the microsite. (Oh, and I hope everyone signed up for that free pet! It's pretty awesome.)

The microsite text should be updated and fixed by now.

Again, I apologize for any confusion there.

Thank you b:thanks
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

- Val

No it's not a good idea lol xD It works on this new map because the spawn points are on the extremes of the battlefield. The other team's players have no business beeing there. For the map we currently have the spawn points are inside the battlefield and between the middle and capping point so adding those archers at spawn point will actually prevent from capping the flag.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    No it's not a good idea lol xD It works on this new map because the spawn points are on the extremes of the battlefield. The other team's players have no business beeing there. For the map we currently have the spawn points are inside the battlefield and between the middle and capping point so adding those archers at spawn point will actually prevent from capping the flag.

That's a pretty big assumption. It done right, it could easily only stop spawn camping. You know when 10 plus people all park at the spawn zone making it next to impossible for many people to get away and getting spawn killed the moment their immunity wears off. Whereas with capturing a flag, if you're doing it right you should be in and out of the spawn zone very quickly. If you mean that if someone is 20 versus 1, it would be harder for them to win since you HAVE to stop and pew pew instead of relying on teammates. That's a good thing. It shouldn't be easy to win against 20 people by yourself anyway. That's a clear imbalance in the competition.

We'll have to see how strong they are and how much range they have before we can assume it would stop people from capturing the flag. If it works out well (only deadly if you're continuously in the area, not a crazy high range but enough so even most casters/archers would think twice about spawn camping) then it could be useful. If it would actually prevent people from doing what they need to do. Then that would be a bad thing. It all depends really. We won't know something like that until we see it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.