Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    *yawn*
  • RedXL - Harshlands
    RedXL - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I hope they make PVE harder, PVE everytime new gear comes out it becomes childs play. I miss the old days when achievements were actually looked at with pride not just somthing they just do out of boredom. This update is centered around venos and while I know they are scarce because Sins became the solo class but I think they shouldnt just center it around just venos. I mean how many psy do you see running around if not R9rr almost none nor are there many barbs. How many people can say they just started an alt and can say they have done 30+ traditional FC bet not one person, can you believe i have 100 alts and people ask me this (how much money did you spend just to level them not gear level) what the hell kinda question that 0 because i actually did FC in the past not paid another person to do them. Nobody running anything but BH or buying FCs. This game is boring if the only thing there is to do is just pvp or BH. Leaves almost nothing to do but WS,BH,lunar or pvp, really? A game this massive and thats all there is to do? I know you guys are revamping instances I just hope you make it actually challenging and fun not just time consuming and boring. In my oppinion make bosses in instances so that all classes would be an asset for example. Make some FC bosses anti apps like bh SOT boss so you need a veno to purge and have them do nuking special atks (like SOT boss) so you need a barb while still needing good DDs. This way more people run real FCs or other stances and more people are active not standing random places saying thier bored because they dont feel like running somthing boring/easy/ but just time consuming. PWI challenge us with PVE dont just hand everything to us if we are willing to pay for it. Still give us somthing we can take pride in accomplishing not bored to do it. Can anyone honestly tell me they dont know any people who are noob players whos only idea was FC up to 100 and totally suck at using thier 100 char? Make them learn through real FC. Dont neurf FC but still make it so you need a full squad for it make it unsoloable no matter what class including R9rr personnel
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • yadre
    yadre Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That question is killing me ....
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yes, they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    HAHA... Venos better warm up that charge card!
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    uh everything sounds so expensive...f:sweat
    guess i better continue collection money at least for nix f:worry still
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

People who followed the discussion on the Venomancer sub-forum are already prepared for this b:chuckle I've been saving up gold to buy one of the new pets right as the update goes live.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Lyrynx - Momaganon
    Lyrynx - Momaganon Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think that putting the archers at spawn for CTF might be a good idea, however if its done wrong at all it will kill NW. and if its any good it wont be a little "tower pew pew" that would be completely pointless, something needs to be done about spawn camping/farming (different then spawn killing as you run the flag by) but this sounds like not the answer, but if it could be coded that they don't attack if the player with the flag is in range of tower for more then 250 seconds they fire with a 1 shot kill (5mil dmg like TT "clappers" ( 2 min 30s even a cleric should be able to run past with the flag in that time) )

and a player who is not carrying the flag gets say 60 seconds (still plenty of time)

this will not stop spawn camping but it should help dampen it some, just my humble suggestion but if everyone buts out there "Good Idea" then maybe one will rly be a good idea that can fix the problem then the devs could try and implement it.

nice idea
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I knew that the new pets would cost $$, but didn't realize everything you had to do to upgrade them would as well.. i.e. chienkun stones
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Then read it again.
    I just did. No mention of the meridians being random or not on a successful mystical/holy attack. If you would be so kind as to point it out for me...?

Edit: Here is the quote:
    Meridian system

Level Req: 40

6/15- PWE has released a news post on this

To sum it up, the meridians relate to chinese acupuncture and medicine. Think of chakra, but relating more to specific parts on a body as opposed to general areas.

I originally took a bunch of screenshots for this, but this video perfectly captures what the meridian system is like.

The new system is accessed by a new button in the inventory window.

A summary of the system is as follows:

-Starting at level 40, you will be working on conception and governing vessels to try and unlock living gates to gain maximum points.
    -Clicking on a vessel brings up the 48 gates. Only 25 of these are the living gates that are required for earning stat increases. It's basically a guessing game.
    -In order to attack a gate, you need to perform mystical or holy attacks.
    -Mystical Attacks are useable once per day, but logging on 5 days in a row gains you 5 attacks per day (assuming you log in every day). Consumes 1 Mystical Pill.
    -Holy Attacks accumulate 50 points per day you log in, up to a maximum of 100 points. Consumes 1 Holy Pill and 1 Mystical Pill.
    -The pills are got from dailies (BH, school teacher), special events, and your friend the boutique.

HP, PAtk, MAtk, PDef and MDef adds can be accumulated up to a maximum value, which depends on class:
    Class	HP	PAtk	MAtk	PDef	MDef
    BM	+1400	+280	0	+500	+400
    Wizard	+1000	+280	+280	+250	+600
    Barb	+1400	+320	0	+600	+400
    Veno	+1000	+280	+280	+300	+550
    Archer	+1200	+280	0	+350	+500
    Cleric	+1000	+280	+280	+300	+550
    Sin	+1200	+210	0	+300	+500
    Psy	+1000	+280	+280	+300	+550
    Seeker	+1400	+300	0	+500	+400
    Mystic	+1000	+300	+300	+300	+550

No mention of anything being random.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I have no intention to cash shop a new pet >.> I already have nix and herc and a dino to evolve, that's enough for me.

If you read carefully it appears that not everything requires chienkun stones.
    I venture to suppose that in some cases adding chienkuns will increase the speed by which certain things are achieved, but for others you can probably just use the soul stars.

If the new skills only have a % chance to activate, I will probably skip changing/adding them. Changing moods does appear to require chienkuns, and at least for me, a 15-30% chance of success isn't worth the extra expense.

Also good that it appears that any 100+ pet can be evolved, so cashshop pets are still not greatly needed. Sure the new ones look pretty, but unless they are super-fantastically deluxe better, you don't need to worry about getting them if you just want to experience evolution and aren't worried about appearances.
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I wanna know, do you lose XP if you die in the Lycaeum (veno trianing instance)?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I have no intention to cash shop a new pet >.> I already have nix and herc and a dino to evolve, that's enough for me.

If you read carefully it appears that not everything requires chienkun stones.
    I venture to suppose that in some cases adding chienkuns will increase the speed by which certain things are achieved, but for others you can probably just use the soul stars.

If the new skills only have a % chance to activate, I will probably skip changing/adding them. Changing moods does appear to require chienkuns, and at least for me, a 15-30% chance of success isn't worth the extra expense.

Also good that it appears that any 100+ pet can be evolved, so cashshop pets are still not greatly needed. Sure the new ones look pretty, but unless they are super-fantastically deluxe better, you don't need to worry about getting them if you just want to experience evolution and aren't worried about appearances.

Actually not every pet. So far we only know of these pets that can be evolved.

I'd hope that every pet can evolve but based on the data people have collected in my thread, the evolution system is limited. It does include the most popular pet choices though so it's not too bad.
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

I'd hope that every pet can evolve but based on the data people have collected in my thread, the evolution system is limited. It does include the most popular pet choices though so it's not too bad.
    I'd dare argue that if all of the 'unpopular' pets get new forms, they might actually jump to competitive/useful status after 100. Though that's based on my limited understanding of this new system. For all I know, the relative stat growth of the new forms are proportionate to the stats of each of the other pets.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    In one of the screenshots PW pasted, it was showing 0 chicken stones. So I imagine the use of chicken stones is optional, and you can use either just the items from the new event, a mix of both in diferent proportions, or just chicken stones.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Yeah I based my assumption off the fact that on the sneak peek page the wolf pet could also evolve at 100+
    I figure not -every- tamable pet, but a lot more than just the legendary/cash shop ones, which is way more than I was expecting.
  • Vixen_Roxie - Archosaur
    Vixen_Roxie - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I saw that we are getting the new veno pets, Harpy and Monkey King; but what happened to the Kirin? I was looking forward to that one because it was a land/water pet (plus it looked really pretty). Is it being released at a later date, or was it something that PWI decided not to go with? Just curious, thanks for any replies.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I saw that we are getting the new veno pets, Harpy and Monkey King; but what happened to the Kirin? I was looking forward to that one because it was a land/water pet (plus it looked really pretty). Is it being released at a later date, or was it something that PWI decided not to go with? Just curious, thanks for any replies.

Legendary pets (Hercules, Phoenix, Harpy, Monkey) will be able to go on land, water and air so that's a good thing. The kirin wouldn't have any particular advantage over other legendary pets.

As for the kirin itself; it was either an abandoned idea, a pet that never made it out of the PWCN test server or was a pet from a different Wanmei game that was mistakenly thought to be a new pet for PW (since the Wanmei games all seem to be made on the same game engine so some models and graphics look alike among the games).

Some people also said it might have been a pet for the pay-to-play PW version.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Question about the new daily instance... Will veno's need to have OP gear and a Herc pet to be able to earn some Feral Soul Stars? I really want to try and get the Harpy... I just could evolve my Tabby cat (assuming you don't need OP gear and a Herc to earn Stars) but I'm afraid it'll end up looking horrible... f:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Val, can you please answer this question that was posed here?

Is multi-clienting being phased out after this patch? I've got good word from Asterelle that PW-CN has killed multi-clienting, and it seems that it's being pushed to our version this patch.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Question about the new daily instance... Will veno's need to have OP gear and a Herc pet to be able to earn some Feral Soul Stars? I really want to try and get the Harpy... I just could evolve my Tabby cat (assuming you don't need OP gear and a Herc to earn Stars) but I'm afraid it'll end up looking horrible... f:sweat

Here is a video demonstration of the daily. It's in chinese but it should be pretty understandable (especially if you have read the news post about it already).

As it seems, you mostly have to just activate the guards and play around with their modes by casting your spells on them and you occasionally use your pet. Seems pretty doable for any type of gear.

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

It looks easy and doable, yes.
    Also, even if all the best will get and evolution and will inherit stats (which i highly doubt), only a few also change appearance, and the tabby isn't one of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixen_Roxie - Archosaur
    Vixen_Roxie - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Legendary pets (Hercules, Phoenix, Harpy, Monkey) will be able to go on land, water and air so that's a good thing. The kirin wouldn't have any particular advantage over other legendary pets.

As for the kirin itself; it was either an abandoned idea, a pet that never made it out of the PWCN test server or was a pet from a different Wanmei game that was mistakenly thought to be a new pet for PW (since the Wanmei games all seem to be made on the same game engine so some models and graphics look alike among the games).

Some people also said it might have been a pet for the pay-to-play PW version.

Oh darn, I really wanted that Kirin. Just one more quick question, I already have a Nix the same level as me (52) will it be usable on land, water and air now or will I have to wait for level 100 to upgrade it? If my Nix does get that update now will I then be able to use it in dungeons?
    I'm a little confused by some of the other posts that are saying existing pets won't be affected by the updates. The only reason I was able to get a Nix is because I found a cat shop selling it super cheap, buying a whole new one for the update is out of the question.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Oh darn, I really wanted that Kirin. Just one more quick question, I already have a Nix the same level as me (52) will it be usable on land, water and air now or will I have to wait for level 100 to upgrade it? If my Nix does get that update now will I then be able to use it in dungeons?
    I'm a little confused by some of the other posts that are saying existing pets won't be affected by the updates. The only reason I was able to get a Nix is because I found a cat shop selling it super cheap, buying a whole new one for the update is out of the question.

This is something I don't know yet sadly. We'll have to wait until the update goes live :/
    In theory, the habitat change for the legendary pets should take effect since lvl 1.

Existing pets are effected by this update, I can assure you that you don't need to buy any new pet.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Here is a video demonstration of the daily. It's in chinese but it should be pretty understandable (especially if you have read the news post about it already).

As it seems, you mostly have to just activate the guards and play around with their modes by casting your spells on them and you occasionally use your pet. Seems pretty doable for any type of gear.

I'm really happy to hear that... And thank you for sharing the video... Looks do-able yeah... f:grin
    It looks easy and doable, yes.
    Also, even if all the best will get and evolution and will inherit stats (which i highly doubt), only a few also change appearance, and the tabby isn't one of them.

Yay~! That's some good news~! My cute little kitty-cat can become even stronger and still be cute then~! f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Kitel - Heavens Tear
    Kitel - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I was kinda hopeing for new tamable pets for a few diff levels b:surrender
    Your level and gear does not matter to me. If you can not level one toon on your own then don't tell me how to play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Val, can you please answer this question that was posed here?

Is multi-clienting being phased out after this patch? I've got good word from Asterelle that PW-CN has killed multi-clienting, and it seems that it's being pushed to our version this patch.

Val is sick today, so I shall answer instead.

We caught this "feature" early on
    Decided it had to absolutely be gone.

Took some work, time, and the dev's consent
    But I'm happy to say the "feature" is now absent!

I hope this addresses everyone's fears
    We never want to cause any tears b:cry

With that being said, make sure tonight's patch notes are read!b:victory
This discussion has been closed.