Options

Comments

• aetherlinesey
    aetherlinesey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ok time to comment

Anyone who says all servers should be made pvp or merged and made pvp,
    just because you are a pvp w***e doesn't mean we all are, they put in the PK mode for a reason. If you don't like the pvp here go play backlight retribution (a pwe game) full pvp, not even a way to have fun on pve or, y/k, play a pvp server on pwi.

But if anyone who thinks that all servers should be pvp cause *they* want pvp are just self obsessed little children who only think about themselves. PWE gave you pvp servers and PK mode + NW/TW.

I play pve for a reason. I don't like ppl who cash 10 grand a year killing me as I try to level or if I leave a safe zone. If you want to pvp then go pvp, but don't try to force the rest of us to.

I like to PVP and I do a lot of TW/NW but I don't like getting killed when I'm questing / helping ppl / doing divines.

And no I'm not some f2p whiny little newbie. I have been playing for, god the number of years escapes me atm, but I started playing right when rising tide went live here, I got a herc and nix on 2 servers and am working on my r9 now, and when the time comes I will go PK mode. But in the meantime I like the fact it is an option to go PK or not, lots of ppl on Morai server in PK to play with.

Now for all of you too lazy to read the forum,
    Shame on you!
    All the main questions (that I can remember) (answers by Val unless noted otherwise):

Will we get +2 att lvl shards: Yes

Will we get +3 def lvl shards: No, they didn't even get past the CH test servers

Will our NW map get bigger: Yes, but GM's will monitor this

Will the new pet system effect existing pets or only new ones: All pets will be affected
    by this system, old and new, however the effects will not kick in until a pet is level 100+ (answered by community and by everyone who has played the CH version of the game )

Will PK come back in SP: No official word, but best guess is Yes, SP is PK in the CH version and are devs always seem to forget to fix it for major patches (understandable cause they have so much else to do, (I do some small time game writing, it's not easy))

Will the new gear replace G16/r9.3: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this has been asked and answered so much that caps and ! are needed!) the new stuff is a cape, a hat, and some rings, + maybe a neck and belt or two.

Will we get the CH textures for R9.3: No

Will the level cap go up: No

Will we get new race/class: No, stop asking, remember the fuss they made about EG? If we get new race and class we will know long beforehand.

QQing disguised as questions answered anyways:

Why are venos getting special treatment? Why is no one else getting an update? Because gear and toons have been getting steadily stronger and veno pets can't keep up, this is being fixed by this update, also other classes are getting a lot in this update.

Is the NW map rly getting bigger? This will ruin gameplay. Yes it's going to be bigger, and no it won't ruin gameplay. Stop whining.

+2 att shards will ruin the game, why are you adding them? Full DoT sharded gear if everything is 4 soc and weapon is 2 soc would give room for 26 gems, so even for someone sharded with full +2 attack lvl stones that's just 26 more att lvls over being full DoT sharded, and if they are full +2 att shards they will be easy to kill cause no JoSDs or hp/def shards. Deal with it!

Legit questions:

Will SoF/PF be needed for the new pets: No
    Will they make Sof/PF drop: No
    Will the new pets be CS pets?: Well they could be CS or NW no official word yet, maybe both

To Val, this update looks rly cool and I can't wait for it, thank you, and tell all the other gm.'s / devs / ppl at pwe thank you.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Anyone who says all servers should be made pvp or merged and made pvp,
    just because you are a pvp w***e doesn't mean we all are, they put in the PK mode for a reason. If you don't like the pvp here go play backlight retribution (a pwe game) full pvp, not even a way to have fun on pve or, y/k, play a pvp server on pwi.

But if anyone who thinks that all servers should be pvp cause *they* want pvp are just self obsessed little children who only think about themselves. PWE gave you pvp servers and PK mode + NW/TW.
    Just to clarify, because the comment I made has apparently struck a nerve here....

I only said that because the majority of the new content is A. for 100+ and B. focused almost directly at PvP. Plus there's the whole declining server population issue.
    Chill out dude, it's a freaking game. Besides, what do you do in the open maps after 100 anyhow? Not much I'd bet.

Also, to elaborate....
    Will we get new race/class: No, stop asking, remember the fuss they made about EG? If we get new race and class we will know long beforehand.
    Similar to the issue with the level cap that I explained earlier, the client/server files do not support any more classes. The pre-designed limit was 10, and we've hit that.
    Besides, what could you make a new class do anyway? We already have duplicates and cross-breeds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaRaMeLOreO - Lost City
    CaRaMeLOreO - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »

Nation Wars?
    Yes, the Nation Wars region map size is being increased, and no we are not getting cross-server PVP.

- Val

From the /risingcall:
    "PWI's massive multiplayer PVP battle system, Nation Wars, is expanding across servers, allowing cross-server PVP for the first time ever! Rage and fight against new opponents and prove your might!"

why does the GMs comment contradict?
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    What will by the max amount of stat-increase you can gain from the Meridian system? And how many times will you be able to unlock a new set of meridians?
    As you penetrate each layer of Meridians, you will gain in power through knowledge of your core self! However, each layer will become more challenging to complete, and only the most steadfast and determined will reach true enlightenment!
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    From the /risingcall:
    "PWI's massive multiplayer PVP battle system, Nation Wars, is expanding across servers, allowing cross-server PVP for the first time ever! Rage and fight against new opponents and prove your might!"

why does the GMs comment contradict?

I would really like a reply to this was well. Your teaser site states Inter-Server fights in Nation Wars, is that just a error?

(I realllllllllllllllllllllly hope not.)b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I would really like a reply to this was well. Your teaser site states Inter-Server fights in Nation Wars, is that just a error?

(I realllllllllllllllllllllly hope not.)b:cry

It probably is, our CM already said twice that we're not getting the cross-server NW so...the site must be mistaken :<
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    What will by the max amount of stat-increase you can gain from the Meridian system? And how many times will you be able to unlock a new set of meridians?

See here for maximums (taken from the PW-JP expansion announcement.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Maybe the dev team should focus on making more solo content for everyone. As it is, the vast majority of content is meant to be done in squads... and everyone simply creates alts and multiclients it all. I'm not saying there's no one doing anything in squads, but as it is, the vast majority of my time in-game is spent doing things that I can solo as a 10x wizard, given that this is my only 10x char.

I won't deny there are still things people do in squads. BHs, AEU, and WS are just some examples. But for every instance you get that people do in squads, you find one that was meant to be a squad instance that people simply solo using their sins or seekers anyway.

The biggest example I'd say is PV. Great instance, clearly meant for really fast-track leveling, so much so they had to implement a restriction on it. And yet, at 100+ literally everyone I see just solos it on their seekers or other OP-geared characters. At the very least, during the hours I'm on, I never see any 100+ PV squads forming.

So, point is, we need more content, yes, but content that is focused on soloing things. God knows I'd be doing PV every day if I didn't need a squad to do it, even if the EXP would be halved.
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If he's flapping his arms really hard to fly, that'll make the whole content update worth it.

I imagined a pair of little wings coming from the back, like, very very little wings :P
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Also, to elaborate....

Similar to the issue with the level cap that I explained earlier, the client/server files do not support any more classes. The pre-designed limit was 10, and we've hit that.
    Besides, what could you make a new class do anyway? We already have duplicates and cross-breeds.

How do you know the class limit is 10!? f:ponder
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    How do you know the class limit is 10!? f:ponder

He runs his own private server, so he has more access to the (human readable portion of the) code than most of us do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FathomDevine - Harshlands
    FathomDevine - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    if lvl cap is 101 then why are there 102's 103's 104's 105's and even 106's.
    cap lvl is 150 in the chinese edition of the game
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    if lvl cap is 101 then why are there 102's 103's 104's 105's and even 106's.
    cap lvl is 150 in the chinese edition of the game

1st, there is no level cap at 101 in PWI. You either misread or someone made a typo.

The 105 level cap in PWI has already been discussed in detail within this very thread. Levels 100-150 have been compressed to level 100 to 105 thus explaining the large amount of exp required to advance to the next levels. If you want the reasoning behind this and more detail I suggest you read through previous posts in this thread.

Also, there are no 106 chars anywhere on any server in PWI. And PWI and PW-CN are not the same. Apples and Oranges.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Level cap may or may not be still 150 on the pay to play version of PW (you know, the one with housing, and has never been licensed outside China); level cap is 105 on the free to play Chinese version, same as here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    V4liance, how will the new NW battlefields fit in the current one? Will it be known which kind of battle are we entering or random? Sorry if this have already been answered, I've missed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ok i'm confused, in here you say we wont have cross server nw but http://pwi.perfectworld.com/risingcall in here it says we will have it, so wich one is the correct?
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ok i'm confused, in here you say we wont have cross server nw but http://pwi.perfectworld.com/risingcall in here it says we will have it, so wich one is the correct?

Val stated in Post #72 that currently our servers are not equipped to deal with cross-server NW yet so the answer is no cross-server NW.

Val also stated in Post #137 that a larger expansion is coming later this year.

Maybe cross-server NW will be ready then. If you are still confused then you'll just have to stay confused until next Friday when the 1st NW event occurs after the new NW system is in place to actually see that there won't be cross-server NW as Val stated.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Val stated in Post #72 that currently our servers are not equipped to deal with cross-server NW yet so the answer is no cross-server NW.

Maybe cross-server NW will be ready then. If you are still confused then you'll just have to stay confused until next Friday when the 1st NW event occurs after the new NW system is in place to actually see that there won't be cross-server NW as Val stated.

ty for the reply, we were talking about it in faction today, some people were sure that we would get cross server nw but i already knew about the server issue
  • cooolaid
    cooolaid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Will Ther Be Double Drops Or Exp With This New Update?
  • aetherlinesey
    aetherlinesey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I would guess as much
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    More importantly, will there be a server-side source of significant coin input into the game to balance loss from NW forges/G16/R9/R8r rerolls?

EDIT: I'm dreaming.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

no next next expansion will be for faction base wars. b:chuckle

I appreciate the clear answer that val gave, that we are not getting cross server NW... but its not hard to change website to be accurate. also makes whoever is making this stuff look really really smart.

somebody at pwi deserves a raise.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • NzPanda - Archosaur
    NzPanda - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    just wanted to know when this update was coming out thanks.b:thanks
  • Suserak - Dreamweaver
    Suserak - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    just wanted to know when this update was coming out thanks.b:thanks
    We'll tell you in 4 days. b:bye
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    cooolaid wrote: »
    Will Ther Be Double Drops Or Exp With This New Update?

They always have 2x event for new content updates and expansions so we'll probably get one for a week or so.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    They always have 2x event for new content updates and expansions so we'll probably get one for a week or so.

If you look at the past 3 years in their news section, they always had 2x on the third week of June, given next week is a content update too, very very strong chance for 2x next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mesimarja - Archosaur
    Mesimarja - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Same-sex marriage please f:horror

**** marry meeee b:dirty
  • nunyaagahn
    nunyaagahn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    New stat system sounds good any clues as to just how much we can increase our stats and an approx amount of time for it to actually make a real difference
  • ORed - Dreamweaver
    ORed - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    sweet this should be fun :P
  • Scrog - Sanctuary
    Scrog - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    well either this thread got completely derailed, the GMs stopped reading it, or they decided that Astrelle is to smart for them. I'm wondering though why we can get a look at what we Venomancers are gonna have to do to get the new Legendary pets, and why we have to wait till launch. Astrelle if you can find something easily translated it would be cool.
This discussion has been closed.