PWI: Rising Call - Questions and Answers! [2013-06-12]

Options

Comments

• EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    China has always had those exchange rates. We have always had ours. I really doubt that is about to change...

Ya, I just do not see them crashing out the servers doing this, but so many people are posting on it, is why I wanted Val to confirm it was not going in to our game.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Ya, I just do not see them crashing out the servers doing this, but so many people are posting on it, is why I wanted Val to confirm it was not going in to our game.

If they wanted to use those rates they woul've used it at initial release, like China did.

People are worrying too much about it.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    What content is there really? Quests, BH, TT... Nothing makes you want to stay low/mid level for very long. Being 100+ has advantage over everything. Maybe if they made events/instances with max allowed level, or lower level bosses with some actual (boss) drops. But then again, with the amount of end-game players, everyone would just make a low level alt and easily make it OP (warsong, cube, JR gears)

All that does exist already, but hardly anyone would know it. Like Mayfly said, Alpha/Beta/Gama and PV.
    If people actually did the quests, they'd spend hours playing; I should know, I recently have been playing a couple chars through all the quests from 40-80, only BHing when all doable quests have been done, and not going to FCC at all.
    Certain mid-range molds/bh drops/gears were worth the time/effort to make because some of them were pretty useful and good sellers to make coin, now there would have to be a huge influx of new players to make it worth forming new items/boss drops for these levels because more people speed through these levels, so they can get to 100+, since there's "no content" below 100.

If I had 10 bucks for every time I heard someone 100+ say "I'm bored", I'd be a rich squish.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I guess they will be tradeable, no reason why they shouldn't be, same goes for the main mats needed for it to craft.

The reason I asked is because trophy mode robes are nontradable. The new robe, neck, and belt look like it needs to be aquired through trophy mode. Maybe the matts are tradeable, but the actual robe, neck and belt, once put together may not be. We will find out when we get the expansion.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • XNOOB - Dreamweaver
    XNOOB - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Can you guys please hold off on adding the +2 atk level shards?

No offense, but with the fb blessings you guys give out, +2 atk levels is ****ing overkill and basically turns everyone into a one-shot and makes sins+archers just make pvp even more unfun than they already do via stealth.

for me have sense make +2 att lvl shards, like u know who have rank9 e3th recast and full jods are hard to kill, like that they can be kiled a bit more eazy and who use atack +2 shards will have less deff so eazyer to kill, in my opinion like this its work,
    i wanned this att lvl +2 shards for my aps gear, but i think will dont work on g12 :(
    [SIGPIC]Dreamwever:XNOOB bm 105
    Floriin_ archer 100[/SIGPIC]
  • Kharybdis - Harshlands
    Kharybdis - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah they do...No more sparking in stealth.

Unable to use occult ice and relentless courage on their genies as well, tbh.
    We don't need merges. We need advertising and low/mid level content.

We do need server merges at this point. Also, they seem to have added enough content for lower levels atm. More emphasis is needed on 80-100+.
    I'm not a psychic? Psychics are actually kinda bad against mystics cause of the heals.

lol, bro. Mystic > psychic because psys have no pdef and just get two shot by Absorb Soul combo.

Anyway...post for those that don't want to read through the entire thread.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lol, bro. Mystic > psychic because psys have no pdef and just get two shot by Absorb Soul combo.

Psychics only set themselves up to get 2 shot because they can't out DD mystic's heal fast enough to kill the mystic before dying. Otherwise, absorb soul is pretty obvious and can be avoided.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    All that does exist already, but hardly anyone would know it. Like Mayfly said, Alpha/Beta/Gama and PV.
    If people actually did the quests, they'd spend hours playing; I should know, I recently have been playing a couple chars through all the quests from 40-80, only BHing when all doable quests have been done, and not going to FCC at all.
    Certain mid-range molds/bh drops/gears were worth the time/effort to make because some of them were pretty useful and good sellers to make coin, now there would have to be a huge influx of new players to make it worth forming new items/boss drops for these levels because more people speed through these levels, so they can get to 100+, since there's "no content" below 100.

If I had 10 bucks for every time I heard someone 100+ say "I'm bored", I'd be a rich squish.

PV/RB is boring, and nearly impossible to form a squad for it below 100, unless you have a group of friends willing to do so. Once in a year maybe. All I'm saying is that, there is no real benefit of staying under 100. Sure gamma is 71-85 restricted, but delta is just an advanced version of it with better rewards. Nobody will say "Hm, I won't level past [level] because then I loose the benefit of [mysterious immaginary un-exsisting thing]." Maybe I'm just spoiled from a game I used to play where people stayed at certain level range permanently because it was actually worth it and fun - and max gears for that level. Here is "no shard/ no refine until 100".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    new exchange rate for nw forges?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Instances with max level caps? They exist already. Phoenix Valley has low level versions. Rebirth has Alpha, Beta and Gamma as well as Delta versions. Want a real challenge? Gather a group of friends, level a set of characters up to 40-55, and run Alpha.

Most people are hypocrites running on easy mode saying there is no challenge in this game. Most people SKIP challenge b:laugh they don't even run FB on same levels except 100ish maybe (that's with R9 gear), not even for FB69 I have seen non-R9 100+ people fail FB69.

There isn't even a guide for RB beta and people can use 59 skills. I'd love to see a 55 sin APS in RB alpha or RB beta f:laugh.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I really doubt you have much more that more than us... How many people participate in NW every week (an estimate of course)?

We have around 840 participants every week.
    I'll have to look tomorrow when I go in. I have heard complaints about people not able to enter because all the nations are full though.

Of course, from what I understand, Sanctuary is one of the most populated servers. Lost City is the only one I know of that's had trouble completing a server event because of lack of attendance/participation. Seems like Archosaur and one other had a little bit of a struggle with that same event though.

The largest reason for increasing the NW map size is to prevent baselocking, and we definitely have more of that than we need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    PV/RB is boring, and nearly impossible to form a squad for it below 100, unless you have a group of friends willing to do so. Once in a year maybe. All I'm saying is that, there is no real benefit of staying under 100. Sure gamma is 71-85 restricted, but delta is just an advanced version of it with better rewards. Nobody will say "Hm, I won't level past [level] because then I loose the benefit of [mysterious immaginary un-exsisting thing]." Maybe I'm just spoiled from a game I used to play where people stayed at certain level range permanently because it was actually worth it and fun - and max gears for that level. Here is "no shard/ no refine until 100".

tbh, sounds a bit weird to not be able to do something after you level up and not have something better to replace it. I mean... you leveled UP! not sure why it's good thing to have something to keep you low-level either; you are definetely missing content that way. However, having some minimum requirements gear-wise sounds good (enforced by having level-limited instances you must complete to keep leveling); that will revitalize the lowbie gear market (ofc, end-game lowbie gear items such as wings of cloudcharger will mess up things and we'll probably have S> lvl50 culti 1m; that's not necessary a bad thing since we want income sources but defeats the purpose).
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Don't you think it's hard for low levels finding squads because they're more interested in becoming frost babies and lvl'ing from 1 to 100 before they even learn basic skills?

I seem to recall a certain unintentional(?) change the devs made to frost a while back. Maybe you can recall when hypers were "accidentally" disabled in frost for a week. Do you recall what happened as a result of that? My, my...suddenly for a short time we all started seeing World Chat requests from low levels for their BHs. More low levels actually going out into the open map to quest, etc.

We know what the solution is to get more low levels engaged in aspects of the game designed for their level but for some odd reason people like you deny it even when we all saw it happen briefly for a week.

There is no need for more low level content. What is needed is to get rid of low levels hyper-leveling in frost. It's been proven that is the the best solution for your QQ.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't you think it's hard for low levels finding squads because they're more interested in becoming frost babies and lvl'ing from 1 to 100 before they even learn basic skills?

I seem to recall a certain unintentional(?) change the devs made to frost a while back. Maybe you can recall when hypers were "accidentally" disabled in frost for a week. Do you recall what happened as a result of that? My, my...suddenly for a short time we all started seeing World Chat requests from low levels for their BHs. More low levels actually going out into the open map to quest, etc.

We know what the solution is to get more low levels engaged in aspects of the game designed for their level but for some odd reason people like you deny it even when we all saw it happen briefly for a week.

There is no need for more low level content. What is needed is to get rid of low levels hyper-leveling in frost. It's been proven that is the the best solution for your QQ.

^5 Exactly.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BOOO crystal content for nation wars sounds super dumb. just another way to lengthen nw take it away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'll have to look tomorrow when I go in. I have heard complaints about people not able to enter because all the nations are full though.

Nah sanc only gets liks 900-1000 or so. Probably 20% of those are afk alts.
    The largest reason for increasing the NW map size is to prevent baselocking, and we definitely have more of that than we need.

Baselocking hasn't been a problem with the new map at all really. It happens very rarely now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

Baselocking hasn't been a problem with the new map at all really. It happens very rarely now.

b:sweat There isn't much difference then. You only have like 20% more players than us. I think a bigger map would affect everyone badly, Sylen
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

got to agree with the current map rarely is there a base lock..

but would think with the massive map they are going to start using it would be easier to base lock not make it harder since the small number of people on each nation would be spread so thin that any decent squad could just walk right up to a base and lock other nations b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    To them I would just point out, the veno was long marketed as a "solo class". Our herc and nix was marketed this way, hence all of us rushing off and paying full price (over $200 per pet) back in the day. Then came the MASSIVE QQ about how OP the venos were, so the class got nerfed. EVERY other class they have made OP they have left alone even with the QQing going on.

The single most OP class in this game at the moment is the MYSTIC, not all these other classes the people QQ about atm. A r9 3rd cast mystic can pretty much tank a squad forever, and **** a crowd quickly. The only reason people did not see this, everyone took these things into frost to level them and got no control over what they could do. Now that we have more people gearing them up, they are using them in NW and TW, and people are starting to notice this. When the class came out I leveled mine the old fashioned way, and this little lvl 65 sin kept trying to pk it over and over, and i ***** it to hell and back @ lvl 40.

This veno update is only leveling out for venos ( a class a LOT OF MONEY GETS PUMPED INTO) to make their PETS comparative to the mystics, it is not giving the venos an "unfair advantage", nor is it giving the class any "super skills" that are going to just break the class.

In order for a veno to be able to even live outside of safezone with the other clases anymore, we have to stat high in vit (look at Azura and them), this nerfs our damage to the point the venos can barely DD (look at any veno on our server in a run who went vit in lunar- earth mobs and it takes them FOREVER to kill the mobs).

To be very blunt about this, ALL PWI is doing here is saving their collective ***** from the amazing lawsuit all the venos could have filed for falsely marketing the veno as a solo class, then nerfing it, it's pets, and changing the instances so venos could no longer farm them solo.

Excuse me miss Veno, venos are absolutely fabluous and the strongest sleeper class. Sleeper because noobs don't know how good of a class they are, even you i guess! Great solo, great in squads, and with equal gear a veno can hold their own against anyone. Furthermore morai gave them some great skills. I am not against changing / buffing veno pets, for pets i'd say its needed, we have gone from g12 to g16, from 0 attack levels to 130 and veno pets have remained the same with a tiny buff in the form of faction base buffs.

If we get that huge Nation war map, i look forward to all the 1 vs 1 battles *waves defeat flag*

Maybe they will make certain lands with the new combat system *worth more points* to drive confict instead of 1 vs 0 battles on thw nw map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I'd like to know if there are any updates to low level players. Haven't seen any new players lately.

On the contrary Krisnda I have noticed a lot more lowbies/new people around, just derping doing quests and low level pk which is something I haven't seen in aaaaages
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ah one thing i forgot to ask that i dont remember seeing anyone else ask is will the book drop rate in fb99 caves increase? will the other books that were originally suppose to drop in fb109 going to be put into the 99 cave as well?

and also i was wondering are the 99 caves getting a increase in difficulty or having new modes added to them? ( the videos someone posted earlier looked like something similar to a TM run)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Excuse me miss Veno, venos are absolutely fabluous and the strongest sleeper class. Sleeper because noobs don't know how good of a class they are, even you i guess! Great solo, great in squads, and with equal gear a veno can hold their own against anyone. Furthermore morai gave them some great skills. I am not against changing / buffing veno pets, for pets i'd say its needed, we have gone from g12 to g16, from 0 attack levels to 130 and veno pets have remained the same with a tiny buff in the form of faction base buffs.

If we get that huge Nation war map, i look forward to all the 1 vs 1 battles *waves defeat flag*

Maybe they will make certain lands with the new combat system *worth more points* to drive confict instead of 1 vs 0 battles on thw nw map.

Oh my did you ever misunderstand. Venos are AMAZING, hence the insane amount of money we have pumped into them, but as far as our skill set goes, and the pets as they stand in game, the mystics got the better end of the deal. A mystic's pet level's up automatically with the mystic, venos have to spend hours leveling each pet. Mystic pet's are also dependent on their gear, which until this update goes in venos do not have that luxury. Basically, I paid $250 back in the day for an extra stun on my veno is what i am saying.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Oh my did you ever misunderstand. Venos are AMAZING, hence the insane amount of money we have pumped into them, but as far as our skill set goes, and the pets as they stand in game, the mystics got the better end of the deal. A mystic's pet level's up automatically with the mystic, venos have to spend hours leveling each pet. Mystic pet's are also dependent on their gear, which until this update goes in venos do not have that luxury. Basically, I paid $250 back in the day for an extra stun on my veno is what i am saying.

no one forced u to cash for a herc

but yay why QQ, veno was the richest class "back in the day", more than barbs were ;o
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah they are so good, I had to stop using mine.
  • Canis_Regis - Raging Tide
    Canis_Regis - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    why don't you make it so we can do something with the 100's of nirvana keys people have,or should we just npc them b:surrender

i npc'd over 2k nirvy keys by now...i hope for sake of my sanity they won't be needed again
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    v4liance, Can we get an answer to the questions about the NW forges please. You seem to be skipping over those questions.
    NGTUy53.png

• Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    v4liance, Can we can an answer to the questions about the NW forges please. You seem to be skipping over those questions.

bump bump bump b:shocked
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    v4liance, Can we get an answer to the questions about the NW forges please. You seem to be skipping over those questions.

Try asking questions that haven't already been answered.
    The forges are not changing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
This discussion has been closed.