Congrats QQme!!

Options
Ediger - Raging Tide
Ediger - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tideswell (East)
First on RT Server to complete all 27 trials

Very Proud of all the amazing teamwork and effort!!!

Great Job!!
Post edited by Ediger - Raging Tide on

Comments

• BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Grats to QQme b:victory
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • ZaioBaio - Raging Tide
    ZaioBaio - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    First on RT Server to complete all 27 trials

Very Proud of all the amazing teamwork and effort!!!

Great Job!!

If was fun for me! I am so proud with all QQme members! Thanks for the one of the best weeks in PWI for me!
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Nice, did anyone get any mogs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    several people got Ancient Emblems, but no one got a Medal of Glory.

it is nice to do all trials for the fun with huge teams "omg who did aoe!? i said no aoe! great, half of u niblets died now.." b:laugh, and for the accomplishment. but the worth and usefulness of the rewards is just ridiculously low. especially considering the repairs, charms (if equipped) that go to waste, and of course the sheer time it takes to finish all 3 tiers before they reset again. this needs to be fixed as suggested in this thread e.g..

special thanks to Ediger who motivated and lead us through the trials and organized this in the first place. b:thanks
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

it is nice to do all trials for the fun with huge teams "omg who did aoe!? i said no aoe! great, half of u niblets died now.." b:laugh, and for the accomplishment. but the worth and usefulness of the rewards is just ridiculously low. especially considering the repairs, charms (if equipped) that go to waste, and of course the sheer time it takes to finish all 3 tiers before they reset again. this needs to be fixed as suggested in this thread e.g..

special thanks to Ediger who motivated and lead us through the trials and organized this in the first place. b:thanks

How did you not /wrist after the first 18 trials? b:shocked

to me its waste of time and not that fun to do simply cus we could have spent those hours of trails for 27 runs to do some other events that are lot more beneficial and gives better rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options

I agree. This seems to be the overall reason that vicious doesn't do trials. The benefit is just too low and with the introduction of NW, no one needs to farm trials. I think it was a nice idea to farm MOGs via trials, but it probably ends up cheaper and definitely ends up faster to just buy them because of repairs. I also think 18+ trials is way too much to start recieving any beneficial rewards that you can't get anywhere else. I will admit they're fun but if I'm going to actually lose out on any money for having fun Id rather PK.
    So well done qqme but an overall slightly useless achievement no offense. Lets see if you can put the kind of commitment you show in trials into TW and PK if you now have members with the money to waste like that which is apparently what the whole issue with turning up to Tw was in the first place was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Ediger - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Nice, did anyone get any mogs?

not that I know of, but a few people got the ancient emblems
  • Ediger - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I agree. This seems to be the overall reason that vicious doesn't do trials. The benefit is just too low and with the introduction of NW, no one needs to farm trials. I think it was a nice idea to farm MOGs via trials, but it probably ends up cheaper and definitely ends up faster to just buy them because of repairs. I also think 18+ trials is way too much to start recieving any beneficial rewards that you can't get anywhere else. I will admit they're fun but if I'm going to actually lose out on any money for having fun Id rather PK.
    So well done qqme but an overall slightly useless achievement no offense. Lets see if you can put the kind of commitment you show in trials into TW and PK if you now have members with the money to waste like that which is apparently what the whole issue with turning up to Tw was in the first place was.

The thing is Bhavvy is this is a PvE server, not a PvP server and although the rewards aren't great and the time and effort it takes is pretty high, it was still FUN... tier 3 actually wasn't just a blind walk in the park which was nice.

As a person who loved WoW and their raiding system, I truly am missing that aspect in PWI - trials is the only true PvE challenge on this server, if you want to call it that, and it really isn't that until tier 3, but at least it is a place where any and all faction members can come together for a common PvE goal.

They do need to up the rewards big time - I really think they need to give supply tokens instead of warrior shields now, and not just 1 but even if they did like 10 for t1 trials 1-4 and 25 for 5-7 and 50 for 8-9 - then double that for tier 2 and triple that for tier 3. This would make trials a bit more worth the effort to go farther and bring back the fact that people have chosen to play on a PvE server and not a PvP server.

I don't look at this as a slightly useless accomplishment - it allowed our members to come together and have fun - we had more people on vent in one room hanging out then ever before and one person even managed to change their minds, who use to say they were useless and a waste of time, said they were fun and actually attended a few at the end there... So all in all we got to hang out as a faction and accomplish something our server has never accomplished - not really useless in my eyes :-)
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't look at this as a slightly useless accomplishment - it allowed our members to come together and have fun - we had more people on vent in one room hanging out then ever before and one person even managed to change their minds, who use to say they were useless and a waste of time, said they were fun and actually attended a few at the end there... So all in all we got to hang out as a faction and accomplish something our server has never accomplished - not really useless in my eyes :-)

+1

Well said Ediger...that is what the game is supposed to be about.
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Ediger - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    How did you not /wrist after the first 18 trials? b:shocked

to me its waste of time and not that fun to do simply cus we could have spent those hours of trails for 27 runs to do some other events that are lot more beneficial and gives better rewards.

but this was fun and it gave a chance for EVERYONE to join in, not only 10 people in AEU or 6 people in FWS.

I will admit it was hard, even for the truly trial fanatic I am, to keep pushing, but it was a goal we wanted us to accomplish and it feels pretty good knowing we did it.

The camaraderie of hanging out, anyone and everyone in the faction all able to come, no one left out, was worth the repair bills and the time and effort.
  • Ediger - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    but this was fun and it gave a chance for EVERYONE to join in, not only 10 people in AEU or 6 people in FWS.

I will admit it was hard, even for the truly trial fanatic I am, to keep pushing, but it was a goal we wanted us to accomplish and it feels pretty good knowing we did it.

The camaraderie of hanging out, anyone and everyone in the faction all able to come, no one left out, was worth the repair bills and the time and effort.

Good now come back and join us for the next time :-)
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I suppose gratz for fulfilling your goal, I always found Trials not that much amusing simply because its repeated to do the same old over and over. But lately, I feel the same about most aspects on this game, it's a endless circle of repeating the same things you did yesterday and keep doing that everyday until the day you quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ediger - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I suppose gratz for fulfilling your goal, I always found Trials not that much amusing simply because its repeated to do the same old over and over. But lately, I feel the same about most aspects on this game, it's a endless circle of repeating the same things you did yesterday and keep doing that everyday until the day you quit.

Very true that is another reason this was fun, and yeah its the same 9 trials 3x but each did bring its own challenges
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The thing is Bhavvy is this is a PvE server, not a PvP server and although the rewards aren't great and the time and effort it takes is pretty high, it was still FUN... tier 3 actually wasn't just a blind walk in the park which was nice.

As a person who loved WoW and their raiding system, I truly am missing that aspect in PWI - trials is the only true PvE challenge on this server, if you want to call it that, and it really isn't that until tier 3, but at least it is a place where any and all faction members can come together for a common PvE goal.

They do need to up the rewards big time - I really think they need to give supply tokens instead of warrior shields now, and not just 1 but even if they did like 10 for t1 trials 1-4 and 25 for 5-7 and 50 for 8-9 - then double that for tier 2 and triple that for tier 3. This would make trials a bit more worth the effort to go farther and bring back the fact that people have chosen to play on a PvE server and not a PvP server.

You could say the same about tw. The only difference is it's easier to win in/ complete trials.
    The only difference between pve servers and pvp servers is really open world pk. That's not a excuse to hide behind when you don't pvp. It's a small title for a server that really doesnt mean anything. If qqme decides that this is the direction they want to take, why pvp? You are a pvp faction aren't you? As pvp as they come on pwi it seems. Just because you do some pve doesn't make you partially a pve faction if every faction does pve. Comparatively QQme is one of the top pvp factions on the server. You can kid yourselves like Wanted did and say "we're not a tw faction, we just like to tw and we win a lot" but there's actually no difference.
    If you did trials just to get together with one main faction goal, perhaps you should start treating tw as the same because it is. If you did trials to farm MoGs, you failed since no one got any. I'm not hating or bad mouthing or flaming your decision to do trials, I'm just telling the truth here. Honestly I think it's a respectable achievement in terms of getting it completed, but in terms of material gain you lost out and in terms of immaterial, sentimental gain you could gain just as much if not more from your attitude towards PvP because if you're serious about the argument that this is an mmorpg and that you play to play WITH people all around the world in a group or a team, surely events such as tw, nw and open world group pk offer more player-wide diversity and experiences than mass zhen aoe facerolling with minimum chance of failing.
    The players in QQme are already some of the best skill wise and gear wise. How many of you can say "I actually learned something about gameplay of my class because I did 27 trials in one week and I feel that I am now at an advantage to those who also play my class who haven't done 27 trials this week". And of those people who can say this, how many would say the same thing next week when you do the exact same 27 trials.
    Again, no offense meant here, I'm not trying to down play your achievement but rather put it into perspective. I hope the trials rewards improve for the benefit of the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Ediger - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You could say the same about tw. The only difference is it's easier to win in/ complete trials.
    The only difference between pve servers and pvp servers is really open world pk. That's not a excuse to hide behind when you don't pvp. It's a small title for a server that really doesnt mean anything. If qqme decides that this is the direction they want to take, why pvp?
    If you did trials just to get together with one main faction goal, perhaps you should start treating tw as the same because it is. If you did trials to farm MoGs, you failed since no one got any. I'm not hating or bad mouthing or flaming your decision to do trials, I'm just telling the truth here. Honestly I think it's a respectable achievement in terms of getting it completed, but in terms of material gain you lost out and in terms of immaterial game you could gain just as much if not more from your attitude towards PvP because if you're serious about the argument that this is an mmorpg and that you play to play WITH people all around the world in a group or a team, surely events such as tw, nw and open world group pk offer more player-wide diversity and experiences than mass zhen aoe facerolling with minimum chance of failing.
    The players in QQme are already some of the best skill wise and gear wise. How many of you can say "I actually learned something about gameplay of my class because I did 27 trials in one week and I feel that I am now at an advantage to those who also play my class who haven't done 27 trials this week". And of those people who can say this, how many would say the same thing next week when you do the exact same 27 trials.
    Again, no offense meant here, I'm not trying to down play your achievement but rather put it into perspective. I hope the trials rewards improve for the benefit of the server.

Believe it or not some people join a PvE server to do PvE and PvP is just an aspect of the game - coming from the world of war-craft (they *** that lol), this is my outlook on an MMORPG... to take that away from people who only PvP as a 'perk' of a PvE environment isn't very fair to us.

in TW everyone has their own goals and directions - each squad has to be in their own room in their own area doing their own duty to achieve an over all outcome in the war.

In Trials we were able to all be in the same room, doing the same task (to some extent of course) and have fun TOGETHER

and I to, mean no disrespect when I say this, but people and this game, forcing PvP down everyone's throat, with NW now the only place to truly accomplish any kind of in game farming, for those who can't afford paying real money into the game, is a huge slap in the PvE environment and players.

Not everyone takes enjoyment out of PvP and to have that as the only outlet that the entire faction can do together is pretty lame, on PWI's part. Trials is the only outlet for teamwork in a more relaxed and PvE atmosphere.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Believe it or not some people join a PvE server to do PvE and PvP is just an aspect of the game - coming from the world of war-craft (they *** that lol), this is my outlook on an MMORPG... to take that away from people who only PvP as a 'perk' of a PvE environment isn't very fair to us.

in TW everyone has their own goals and directions - each squad has to be in their own room in their own area doing their own duty to achieve an over all outcome in the war.

In Trials we were able to all be in the same room, doing the same task (to some extent of course) and have fun TOGETHER

and I to, mean no disrespect when I say this, but people and this game, forcing PvP down everyone's throat, with NW now the only place to truly accomplish any kind of in game farming, for those who can't afford paying real money into the game, is a huge slap in the PvE environment and players.

Not everyone takes enjoyment out of PvP and to have that as the only outlet that the entire faction can do together is pretty lame, on PWI's part. Trials is the only outlet for teamwork in a more relaxed and PvE atmosphere.

While that may be true for the majority of factions in the game, I doubt people joined QQme for the amazing pve bonding experience. Pvp is becoming a more and more dominant aspect of the game. If people don't like it because of the "cash shoppers advantage" there are other ways around it. If people are unwilling to compromise with time vs rl cash, maybe they should play skyrim or the game I can not mention but rhymes with prune shape or even private servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • DirtySouth - Raging Tide
    DirtySouth - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I wish QQme covered u the MP pots/charms, now, when u guys think to start to pk?
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Gz QQme. b:victory
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • ZaioBaio - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I will explain my point of view for this trial week:
    1. FUN FUN FUN. This was the first event that we play togather as a faction. (i dont count TW because there we do not play so good and we do not have good team play. We work on that and i think PvE events help a lot)

2. From these 27 trials i get 5k+ rep, 300 memorial coins, 12 Adamantines, some exp, another trial items and we have a lot of new trial items into the faction bank. Many QQme players need r8 recast wep and mats to reforge, now we can buy these mats for good prices from the faction bank. I think this good for us.

What i spend?
    1. Time.. was one of my best weeks in this game.
    2. Charm ****.. i start with new guardian charm and at the end i have 930k HP on it.
    3. Money ... if you count buyng trial buff for waste of money .. ok ... i spend 200k - 300k for trial buffs.

Someone of you will say .. for one NW you get more trial mats, but i get average 70 tockens from NW.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    No offense but when I remember the trials I did, I went through about 300-400k charm per trial run, skyrocket repair bills and when I looked back at it, the things we gain from it was so minimal it was more of a joke then a reward. I still think PWI should bump up the reward massively for trials because as it is now, its not worth doing.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it but trials is in fact not joyful for everyone, I think most people do it just to help others in the faction. I know I did since I never needed any of the R88 mats ever but burned through over 20 charms helping others get the trial mats. Trials is not cheap, never was and most likely never will be. The greater your gears are, the class difference plays a big roll in costs of bills.

I don't think anyone was trying to force out the PVP out of anyone, what they're trying to state is that PVP plays a big part on this game because it lacks good PVE content, they gave us the option of gaining to great gears for the current PVE content. In PVP we can be closer to equal, either in numbers or in gears, I've seen craptastic geared players take down the top tier players like nothing so the excuse of lacking gears is just simply an excuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I've seen craptastic geared players take down the top tier players like nothing so the excuse of lacking gears is just simply an excuse.

Come on Dylena, your gears arent THAT bad b:avoid

but yeah, in that respect I definitely agree with the PvE content being f:strive due to the gear being way above what was intended for what is available...

whereas the PvP content is far more f:cute and f:victory due to the players not being glitchable... altho you can glitch some during nw into bushes and such ;p

PWE needs to balance that big time... A PvE NW specifically with creatures 120+? f:ponder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZaioBaio - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    No offense but when I remember the trials I did, I went through about 300-400k charm per trial run, skyrocket repair bills and when I looked back at it, the things we gain from it was so minimal it was more of a joke then a reward. I still think PWI should bump up the reward massively for trials because as it is now, its not worth doing.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it but trials is in fact not joyful for everyone, I think most people do it just to help others in the faction. I know I did since I never needed any of the R88 mats ever but burned through over 20 charms helping others get the trial mats. Trials is not cheap, never was and most likely never will be. The greater your gears are, the class difference plays a big roll in costs of bills.

I don't think anyone was trying to force out the PVP out of anyone, what they're trying to state is that PVP plays a big part on this game because it lacks good PVE content, they gave us the option of gaining to great gears for the current PVE content. In PVP we can be closer to equal, either in numbers or in gears, I've seen craptastic geared players take down the top tier players like nothing so the excuse of lacking gears is just simply an excuse.

I think you spend so much charm, because you do a lot of dmg and you get mobs agro sometimes. I made average dmg and do not get agro, so i dont receive any hits, only the boss aoe. The cleric BB heal me fast.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    and also how much HP u have. sometimes, im glad that i have 8,5k HP. i cant imagine people that have 15k-40k HP, its gonna be really charm ra.pe. b:shocked

anyway gratz for it.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Besides recast mats and exp, I remember enjoyed doing trials cause u get 300 rep per trial also. And that was a lot rep and cheaper than badges before Morai rep items.

Gz on your achivement. It may not look much on how the game is going atm, but for low geared people is still a good thing to do to get better gear and even a lil' experience on squad based instances in order to be more effective at TW and NW.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Keep the obvious flame baiting thread derailment out of here, please.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • daveted
    daveted Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Keep the obvious flame baiting thread derailment out of here, please.

alright b:sad
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    Kastus - Raging Tide Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I Loled Real Hard

That Was Worth A Read

I Hope There Is No Vanishing Post This Time Lol
    youtube.com/kimbachiboy b:victory

Schooling QQme in The Art of PK since 2012
  • daveted
    daveted Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I Loled Real Hard

That Was Worth A Read

I Hope There Is No Vanishing Post This Time Lol

Do not worry. I'll fix it b:chuckle
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1584501
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Atleast post when your going to make posts vanish.
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Gzz QQme you are the best faction ever.
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.