• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Your sarcasm detector is broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think this should be moved to General Discussions to be discussed on.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How unfortunate...I was actually enjoying this discussion.

Well.. the post below has an adequate solution.
    I think this should be moved to General Discussions to be discussed on.

I'd much rather see this happen than have this thread closed to be honest.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    since this had evolved into a discussion of balance, and it's been confirmed that zerk on metal attacks is not a bug, i'm going to move this to GD.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After the Nation Wars update Seeker Metal skills have been affected by Sacrificial Strike and God of Frenzy weapon procs. Magic skills are not supposed to have this proc, and metal skills are magic. Though this was an intentional change I believe this to be an imbalanced update giving Seekers a larger advantage than was really needed.

EDIT: Edited the post to reflect the move from Quality Corner to General Discussion.

this was changed a couple months ago, when they re-tooled the skills for most of the classes, surprised it took you this long to notice it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    this was changed a couple months ago, when they re-tooled the skills for most of the classes, surprised it took you this long to notice it.

It... didn't. I noticed soon after it happened, I've even made a few other posts about it though I can't be bothered to find them.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well think of it this way. All seekers attacks at phy with metal added kinda like say a DoT (Bad example) So yes makes since that they'd zerk since not a Mag only skill. I personally got not problem with it since heck they hit me less then Psy/Wizzy of equal gear. Then again my def in Mag marrow is balanced out perfectly but dunno.

Only thing is if Edges blur was about to zerk that would be to much and since i dunno if glitched or something tht makes it able to hit through AD/IG/Spark or any other immune to damage thing, then that would be unspeakably hax since just run around 1-2 shoting people (Assume decent gear) and they can't defend.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't noticed a metal attack missing now that I think about it.

Ion Spike can miss, I've seen this happen too many times. Same with heartseeker and especially battousai.

Gemini Slash is perhaps the most glaring one that misses. Not hard when you see 3 or 4 of those spring up after the initial delay.

Addendum - it wont matter too much if the AOE's miss in an AOE situation, but the single attacks, yeah missing hurts.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Ion Spike can miss, I've seen this happen too many times. Same with heartseeker and especially battousai.

Gemini Slash is perhaps the most glaring one that misses. Not hard when you see 3 or 4 of those spring up after the initial delay.

Addendum - it wont matter too much if the AOE's miss in an AOE situation, but the single attacks, yeah missing hurts.

I quite agree, it does. I honestly can't recall a single time a Seeker's actually missed a metal attack though, perhaps I'm extremely unlucky.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I quite agree, it does. I honestly can't recall a single time a Seeker's actually missed a metal attack though, perhaps I'm extremely unlucky.

I'm now inclined to do some testing, as I have the level 100 veno skill that effectively reduces accuracy to 0. Metal skills therefore should not be affected by this debuff since magic is 100% accuracy.. though I'm sure I've already seen it miss before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • tapioo
    tapioo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Our metal skills never miss.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not gonna bother arguing about it.

But I'll leave the thread with this:

Just because you can't roll over a seeker easily, doesn't mean its time to nerf the skills of the class.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can't sit there with the best self buff in the game and qq about not having so much damage or being out dd'd by heavy DD classes.
    As for the whole thing about not being sage and struggling with CC's, the answer is to go sage. Simple as that.

You got enough defense levels and hp from vit points on gear plus the best refining type of armour.

You also have a skill that goes through ig,ad and defense levels or whatever that can be used at the same time as other skills.

Whatever this nonsense is about not hitting hard, it's absolute bs.

I get hit hardest by seekers and wizards, and to this day a seeker has the record for the highest crit on me, and I'm not exactly undergeared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Isn't Gemini Slash physical unless the target has one of the Seeker debuffs on them, where it turns into metal damage?
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To OP:

A zerk is basically a crit, which means to do double damage. As pointed out already, even if the metal skill zerk, it fails in comparison to that of a caster's magic attack. Even if seekers do manage to pull a zerk+crit+range metal skill, it's about as balance as an archer pulling off a purge+crit+ range metal skill. And also, archers have higher crit rate, higher weapon damage with a bow than with a sword, more range, and lightening attack that can't miss unlike a seeker's. As a bm, you should be more worry about the archer's scenario than the seekers.
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Isn't Gemini Slash physical unless the target has one of the Seeker debuffs on them, where it turns into metal damage?

GS is purely a physical attack, the metal damage is just a small bonus damage, but the seeker must have the correct stance and be able to place the debuff on the target first. So, it doesn't covert all damage to metal.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let me iterate a few points on seekers that everyone should know about.

A seeker +12 everything JOSD will do about 1/4 of the damage to a wizard +12 everything JOSD while the wizard does 4 times the seeker's damage(obviously cuz wizards have tons of mag and phy def)

A seeker sucks at 1 v 1. I am sorry whoever thinks this is untrue but there's no way an equally geared seeker can kill their enemy equally geared unless they get lucky with zerk+crit.

A seeker is jack of all trades, master of none. They have little bit of everything but they don't specialize in any one aspect.That was the whole point of why they came out with seeker. They're good at everything but they're not particularly best at ANYTHING

A seeker shines at group pvp cuz they have a high probability of zerking or critting a lot since lots of our skills are AOEs however once a seeker gets focus fired, he's dead for sure.

Edged blur DOES NOT have the ability to zerk nor does it have the ability to crit. You sometimes see edged blur doing tons of damage cuz it has x % chance of doing 1.5x that is solely dependent on the seeker's crit rate.

If a bm has both demon aura and mag marrow on and both are equally geared, seeker will have a hard time killing a bm and the same goes for bms trying to kill a seeker. It's just not possible unless u get lucky with zerk crit(where seeker has the advantage)

Like i mentioned earlier, casters have triple the magic attacks in comparison to a seeker's own physical attacks. So, seeker's zerk crit is equivalent to a caster's crit(both have similar chance of happenstance)

Most people who think seekers are OP are the people who have been one shotted by a seeker's zerk+crit. Without pulling that off, its kinda hard to kill enemies with equal gears.

And yes, we do have the ability to one shot when the enemy is not fully buffed. But, we only have two skills that do substantial amount of damage
    1)Ion spike = metal skill
    2)Gemini slash = physical skill (the added proc from soulsever combined with gemini does an extra metal damage but its not a lot. it's like 5% damage of your physical attack)

Once the seekers use both those skills, they're as good as dead if they don't kite when being focus fired.

I think the huge misunderstanding comes from the people who have never played a seeker themselves so they have no idea how seeker's skills works. Also cuz the seeker population is not that high across all servers so not a lot of people know jack about seekers. It's not just spamming skills and be done with it. Play a seeker to lvl 100, try what their skills are like then you'll know how they really are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    To OP:

A zerk is basically a crit, which means to do double damage. As pointed out already, even if the metal skill zerk, it fails in comparison to that of a caster's magic attack. Even if seekers do manage to pull a zerk+crit+range metal skill, it's about as balance as an archer pulling off a purge+crit+ range metal skill.

Except a zerk and a crit on a seeker is much more likely as it can proc on all of their skills, they have a high crit rate and zerk just had a higher proc rate than purge anyway. The purge also procs after damage calculation so I'm not really sure what kind of rainbow farts you've been smoking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013

A seeker +12 everything JOSD will do about 1/4 of the damage to a wizard +12 everything JOSD while the wizard does 4 times the seeker's damage(obviously cuz wizards have tons of mag and phy def)

A seeker sucks at 1 v 1. I am sorry whoever thinks this is untrue but there's no way an equally geared seeker can kill their enemy equally geared unless they get lucky with zerk+crit.

A seeker is jack of all trades, master of none. They have little bit of everything but they don't specialize in any one aspect.That was the whole point of why they came out with seeker. They're good at everything but they're not particularly best at ANYTHING

A seeker shines at group pvp cuz they have a high probability of zerking or critting a lot since lots of our skills are AOEs however once a seeker gets focus fired, he's dead for sure.

Edged blur DOES NOT have the ability to zerk nor does it have the ability to crit. You sometimes see edged blur doing tons of damage cuz it has x % chance of doing 1.5x that is solely dependent on the seeker's crit rate.

If a bm has both demon aura and mag marrow on and both are equally geared, seeker will have a hard time killing a bm and the same goes for bms trying to kill a seeker. It's just not possible unless u get lucky with zerk crit(where seeker has the advantage)

Like i mentioned earlier, casters have triple the magic attacks in comparison to a seeker's own physical attacks. So, seeker's zerk crit is equivalent to a caster's crit(both have similar chance of happenstance)

Most people who think seekers are OP are the people who have been one shotted by a seeker's zerk+crit. Without pulling that off, its kinda hard to kill enemies with equal gears.

And yes, we do have the ability to one shot when the enemy is not fully buffed. But, we only have two skills that do substantial amount of damage
    2)Gemini slash = physical skill (the added proc from soulsever combined with gemini does an extra metal damage but its not a lot. it's like 5% damage of your physical attack)

Once the seekers use both those skills, they're as good as dead if they don't kite when being focus fired.

I think the huge misunderstanding comes from the people who have never played a seeker themselves so they have no idea how seeker's skills works. Also cuz the seeker population is not that high across all servers so not a lot of people know jack about seekers. It's not just spamming skills and be done with it. Play a seeker to lvl 100, try what their skills are like then you'll know how they really are.

Thank you for stating this, this is generally what I was trying to get across. The thing about seekers is at r9 or s39 they do have the power of Zerk Metal damage/Physical damage on their side, but when it comes down to it that is about it. I am not saying a Seeker is weak and cannot kill anything as I can say from experience it's very doable, but I really do believe the whole Zerking on Metal damage argument is really blown out of proportion.

Earthguard from the time they came out was a support class from my perspective, and I am sure most will notice that seekers excel 10x more in group PvP than they do 1v1 even with the ability to zerk. Though this is a bit off topic you will see a Mystic on the other hand excels both in 1v1 PvP and Group PvE when used correctly, where as the seeker 1v1 is not really their strongest point.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So now the thread is about how weak seekers are? Then why are all the cashshoppers flocking to this class?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So now the thread is about how weak seekers are? Then why are all the cashshoppers flocking to this class?

Not really, this thread is about the ability for GoF to proc on the seekers Metal skills still. The point myself and others are trying to make is that seekers abilities are over exaggerated and that the GoF proc in general is not broken/over powered.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i think people also forget that due to the minimum requisite STR and DEX needed for seeker gears, this class gets crapped over on possible max. Meaning unlike other classes that CAN possibly get over 700+ on stats with current endgame gear (emperor tome and all) for reliable dmg, seekers cannot get this stat. So the metal zerk in the end, does balance out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013

A friend and I have done testing on this. Level 8x seeker with ~1k Accuracy never missed on an archer with Blessing of the Condor active ~10k evasion. 10 Level 7x seeker never missed against level 104 assassin ~1k accuracy vs 4k evasion.

Granted, we couldn't test for very long since Blessing of the condor has such a long cool down.

However, we did a good number of test against the assassin. None of the metal skills missed, while physical skills missed normally.

Additionally, when Gemini slash is used with Soulsever Minuet, it never missed. When Gemini Slash is used without Soulsever Minuet, it misses normally.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i think people also forget that due to the minimum requisite STR and DEX needed for seeker gears, this class gets crapped over on possible max. Meaning unlike other classes that CAN possibly get over 700+ on stats with current endgame gear (emperor tome and all) for reliable dmg, seekers cannot get this stat. So the metal zerk in the end, does balance out.

this was balanced out with the skills before the magic zerk thing. This is a complete different issue.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this was balanced out with the skills before the magic zerk thing. This is a complete different issue.
    skills or no, its still fact and that seeker normal hits doesnt even come close to what other DDs hit. We all remember how much fun pple made of seekers before this metal zerk, while the seekers were feverishly trying to defend their class wasnt ****. That in itself should tell us how much this class was lacking at that point. I guess what im saying is basically this thread is a selfish QQ based on any classes uneasyness that another should have a skill that could possibly kill them easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013

A seeker +12 everything JOSD will do about 1/4 of the damage to a wizard +12 everything JOSD while the wizard does 4 times the seeker's damage(obviously cuz wizards have tons of mag and phy def) That's flat damage, you're not including the fact that Seekers can massively reduce the opponent's defense levels. Comparing base damage to base damage without applying debuffs becomes irrelevant once you take into account that one of the Seeker's most commonly used combos includes reducing the opponent's defense levels. Granted, if they get caught using that it'll hurt, there are ways to easily avoid that. If Sage, Blade Affinity certainly helps.

Gee, that sounds familiar.

That's true of any class, save for those with Purify Spell where they'll have a chance of getting out with Purify Spell. Though if that doesn't proc and they're being ganked by equal geared opponents, yeah, they're dead too. That's irrelevant and not a valid reason for metal skills to zerk.

I didn't mention Edged Blur, and I haven't seen it come up in the thread yet. But alrighty.

That ties into my point about zerking from both sides. If the BM slips up, it opens him up to being hit with a zerk/zerk+crit from the side of the combat table he's currently weakest against. The BM cannot do that in turn, nor can a Barb. It's much easier for a Seeker to bring down an HA class than it is for another HA class to bring down a Seeker.

The same can be said of any HA class really, it's hard to land kills outside of a zerk crit or chain of zerks, crits, and zerk crits. A BM's not gonna kill targets just spamming AoEs at even gear, the BM will need to time it so that it's able to drop a combo (a very chi consuming combo) when the opponent's unable to genie out or block it, or is unlikely to do so. A Seeker will be able to use their combo (from my understanding and having read through what people have said about it) every 30 seconds or so, for a decently low cost. Granted, it's hard to kill another HA Class, but they'll still have a much easier time at it thanks to metal zerk crits. Let's not forget that 1v1 HA va HA, the other HA will be wary of debuffing the Seeker to finish the fight thanks to the possibility of Badge/Fortify>QPQ to reflect whatever debuffs the original user wasted chi and time on getting off.

Again, the same tends to be true of any class while focus fired. Whether or not you're dead after using a combo or certain skills makes no difference in that situation, because any other class will also more than likely die to a group if it's alone. 1v1 a Seeker will be able to tank out just about anything that's thrown at it so long as they're not stupid. In group PvP, where the Seeker's not the only one there and has support they aren't going to be the only one focus fired and will have adequate chances to pull off their combos and survive.

Replies in red, love you Kiripoo
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Yes it must be so hard for seekers when they only get defense/attack level buffs/debuffs, non chi requirement antistun and purify/debuff transfer+seal in one not to mention the best refining armour in the game.

Definitely an underpowered class yep.

If its true that metal skills don't miss either I think that's entire BS too since archer metal skills miss.
    You can't be tanky and have epic damage that never misses on the same class. That's the whole point about casters having low Hp. They're supposed to be easier to kill because they hit harder. Don't go comparing yourselves to wizards lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    So then it's confirmed, Metal skills can't miss and have the ability to zerk?
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skills or no, its still fact and that seeker normal hits doesnt even come close to what other DDs hit. We all remember how much fun pple made of seekers before this metal zerk, while the seekers were feverishly trying to defend their class wasnt ****. That in itself should tell us how much this class was lacking at that point. I guess what im saying is basically this thread is a selfish QQ based on any classes uneasyness that another should have a skill that could possibly kill them easier.

when was this, i must have missed it b:shocked With that much defense and ability to zerk crit, I don't see how people were complaining the class was lacking...
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    I thought everyone loved seekers cause they were GOONING
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A seeker +12 everything JOSD will do about 1/4 of the damage to a wizard +12 everything JOSD while the wizard does 4 times the seeker's damage(obviously cuz wizards have tons of mag and phy def) That's flat damage, you're not including the fact that Seekers can massively reduce the opponent's defense levels. Comparing base damage to base damage without applying debuffs becomes irrelevant once you take into account that one of the Seeker's most commonly used combos includes reducing the opponent's defense levels. Granted, if they get caught using that it'll hurt, there are ways to easily avoid that. If Sage, Blade Affinity certainly helps.

Actually a seeker with full JoSD can one shot ANY class with just a crit. as its possible to get well above 150 attack lvls that way as well as 32 extra def lvls on top of all there buffs and gear. even on other r9's an endgame seeker can hit a barb (full t3 r9 +12 JoSD) for around 40k with a crit ion spike (no zerk). as for CC skills most people don't even realise how useful parched blade is, preferring to use Northern Sky Waltz or Soul Sever. even at just 20% its an aoe stun for 3 seconds and can be spammed pretty quickly, almost instantly marked if you start with vortex. that + occult ice + void step you can keep an opponent locked in place for a very long time. i havent even taken into account heart seeker.

if anything is weaker amongst this class, its the lack of anti sun and chi skills. especially since i'm demon. i don't get the 50 chi instantly skill that sage does.