PVP in harshlands (cuz long was 2 lazy to open a thread)

thenewclass
thenewclass Posts: 52 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Dawnglory (EU)
Ok so i noticed that lately pvp there has been pretty crappy. I mean i have been around for a while nd i always notice the same faces rarely ever new faces. All u can c most of the time is 2-3 ppl of the same faction standing still in arch hoping that someone comes so they can gank him. well long usually has a special way of pvping : he starts running around with his guildies around him waiting for a sin 2 pop . Then he tries to spam expel fast before he's dead nd hopes that the sin dies if he's slow 2 restealth. ofc sometimes he doesn't have time to nd he dies on the spot :P. I mean is that how ppl have fun pvping nowadays? i find it kinda lame :P having to take ppl doesn 1 by 1 in under a sec so we don't get ganked anyways let's c what ppl think about pvp here !!
Post edited by thenewclass on

Comments

• thenewclass
    edited March 2013
    not so bad ***
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's PVP on HL?? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's PVP on HL?? b:puzzled

Whats PVP?
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Whats PVP?

PeeVeePee?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • thenewclass
    edited March 2013
    well sometimes it's fun :P for example nemki came out at west... u know Nemki the terrifying psychic ... killed him in 3 hits then 5 hits then 4 hits :P (ok i trip sparked in last 1 ) it's strange how some ppl fail hard !
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    PWI is now nothing but a glorified chat-room. There's no actual "fun" in the game anymore, only "stuff to do".

People don't go to west arch for pvp anymore - they go there to socialize. Why? Because PVP in this game is unbalanced, boring, and requires very little skill, while all of pve boils down to "walk forward, see enemy, press 1 if ur a caster, or autoattack if ur an APS".

Compare this to another F2P game I'm playing atm, where in just ONE of the many bosses in just ONE of the endgame dungeons, you have to do the following to beat the fight:

1. The boss fires one-shot kill laser in a 360 degree circle, forcing the party fight while circle strafing the boss

2. While strafing to avoid the one-shot laser, they have to deal with random adds that pop up and, if not dealt with quickly, begin to multiply.

3. Occasional laser beams from the air will zero in on the tank and stun him if he doesn't move, forcing him to tank the boss in a different location. The party needs to take this into account, because they now have to circle strafe differently once the boss arrives at his new position.

4. The boss will regularly shoot tentacles at the cloth wearers regardless of who has aggro, so healers HAVE to be skilled in more than just spamming heals.

5. The boss will occasionally stop his one-shot laser, and start shooting it in pre-determined patterns around the room, based on the position of his tentacles when the laser starts up.

6. At a certain hp %, the boss spawns sentinel guards that patrol the room and must be avoided - if detected, it summons a timed bomb that follows the player and deals damage in a wide radius, basically forcing him to move away from other players.

PWI does have some interesting instances. Warsong requires some thought and planning, since you have to deal w/ the invincible head. But that's about as complex as it gets. Now combine this with having to run it 100+ times just to get 1/1000'th of what you need to get R999 gear.

It's no wonder the players in PWI have given up on pvp and pve, and now just use the game as a chat room and fashion mall.

PS: Also, the dumbest people in the world tend to play PWI, for some reason. Most fights devolve into name calling and trying to call each other "fails" or "hackers" or "cheaters", because they're too dumb to realize it's a game. Probably b/c this game takes 0 skill, and is all cash shop and ego-boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wait now why is it supposedly MY responsibility to make such a thread? It was your idea, you post it.
    PWI is now nothing but a glorified chat-room. There's no actual "fun" in the game anymore, only "stuff to do".

People don't go to west arch for pvp anymore - they go there to socialize. Why? Because PVP in this game is unbalanced, boring, and requires very little skill, while all of pve boils down to "walk forward, see enemy, press 1 if ur a caster, or autoattack if ur an APS".

Compare this to another F2P game I'm playing atm, where in just ONE of the many bosses in just ONE of the endgame dungeons, you have to do the following to beat the fight:

1. The boss fires one-shot kill laser in a 360 degree circle, forcing the party fight while circle strafing the boss

2. While strafing to avoid the one-shot laser, they have to deal with random adds that pop up and, if not dealt with quickly, begin to multiply.

3. Occasional laser beams from the air will zero in on the tank and stun him if he doesn't move, forcing him to tank the boss in a different location. The party needs to take this into account, because they now have to circle strafe differently once the boss arrives at his new position.

4. The boss will regularly shoot tentacles at the cloth wearers regardless of who has aggro, so healers HAVE to be skilled in more than just spamming heals.

5. The boss will occasionally stop his one-shot laser, and start shooting it in pre-determined patterns around the room, based on the position of his tentacles when the laser starts up.

6. At a certain hp %, the boss spawns sentinel guards that patrol the room and must be avoided - if detected, it summons a timed bomb that follows the player and deals damage in a wide radius, basically forcing him to move away from other players.

PWI does have some interesting instances. Warsong requires some thought and planning, since you have to deal w/ the invincible head. But that's about as complex as it gets. Now combine this with having to run it 100+ times just to get 1/1000'th of what you need to get R999 gear.

It's no wonder the players in PWI have given up on pvp and pve, and now just use the game as a chat room and fashion mall.

PS: Also, the dumbest people in the world tend to play PWI, for some reason. Most fights devolve into name calling and trying to call each other "fails" or "hackers" or "cheaters", because they're too dumb to realize it's a game. Probably b/c this game takes 0 skill, and is all cash shop and ego-boost.

Nobody cares.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • thenewclass
    edited March 2013
    dude did u just write a whole post to describe a boss? well for ur info we got even more complicated bosses in pwi :O
    pvp is unbalanced u say? I think pwi has done HUGE efforts for that ! i remember 2 years ago ppl QQing why do archers have no stealth nd sins do? why is aps so OP nurf pas ! while others said no we worked hard for aps nd caves willbe slow blablabla
    Today's result: aps is no longer effective mages jump when u aps they purifie every few aps hits. caster no longer fear aps ... we c more and more sins going full 3rd recast for pvp . even the most awesome suggestions wouldn't have even dreamed about this that ! veno have a physical reflect that works way better than bramble in normal pwi zones ect ....
    why is pvp unbalanced could u tell me? they made sin pots pretty easy to get nd 105 sins can no longer hide....
    i think pwi worked so hard to balance stuff i really find that devs did such an awesome job ... nd it's so bad our community just QQs instead of saying : TY!
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    dude did u just write a whole post to describe a boss? well for ur info we got even more complicated bosses in pwi :O
    pvp is unbalanced u say? I think pwi has done HUGE efforts for that ! i remember 2 years ago ppl QQing why do archers have no stealth nd sins do? why is aps so OP nurf pas ! while others said no we worked hard for aps nd caves willbe slow blablabla
    Today's result: aps is no longer effective mages jump when u aps they purifie every few aps hits. caster no longer fear aps ... we c more and more sins going full 3rd recast for pvp . even the most awesome suggestions wouldn't have even dreamed about this that ! veno have a physical reflect that works way better than bramble in normal pwi zones ect ....
    why is pvp unbalanced could u tell me? they made sin pots pretty easy to get nd 105 sins can no longer hide....
    i think pwi worked so hard to balance stuff i really find that devs did such an awesome job ... nd it's so bad our community just QQs instead of saying : TY!

The best counter-response can't even post in paragraphs or spell correctly.

Mighty fine job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • thenewclass
    edited March 2013
    post in paragraphs? do i look like i am writing an academic essay? my spelling is fine ;)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    post in paragraphs? do i look like i am writing an academic essay? my spelling is fine ;)

Coulda been, I didn't read your post, but your reply to my reply actually looks readable now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Wait now why is it supposedly MY responsibility to make such a thread? It was your idea, you post it.

Nobody cares.

Kinda disappointed, was hoping to get a rise out of you and make you post another of those mega-srs 2-page books that no one ever reads, but all I get is one sentence. Wat tha ***?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    no1curr what sins think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2013

That's Burnout. He types overly pretentious stuff nobody cares about and then gets mad when no one pays attention to him.

I think he used to post really bad PVP videos where he just spammed the basic mystic spell over and over too, though I could be mistaken.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    That's Burnout. He types overly pretentious stuff nobody cares about and then gets mad when no one pays attention to him.

I think he used to post really bad PVP videos where he just spammed the basic mystic spell over and over too, though I could be mistaken.

y u so passive aggressive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The only "PvP" i see its only in Nation Warb:shocked
  • Adalgiso - Harshlands
    Adalgiso - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There isn't whole lot of PvP going on. Sometimes, just sometimes, there are good group pvp's but that is rare.

Mostly is what happens is that it evolves from someone "ganking" someone, so they call buddies, so this first guy call some buddies than it turns out to be good group pvp and no one really knows how it all started.

But it all fails as mostly one side becomes too OP so you lose fun in it.

I think you can still have a great 1vs1 matches, or maybe 3vs3. That way you are sure no one intervenes from side, but you have to pick some isolated place, not SP or west. Also guild practice PVP is fun, although very hard to organize, Mayhem had recently one with Watchers, and it was really fun for me. But like I said those are little harder to organize.
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...The only PvP I see is like...I'm going somewhere to do something, and then I'm suddenly dead. If I collected life insurance every time my fish died, I could probably buy out the Playboy Mansion.

...Adal. You should ask Evan if we can move the Guild Base to the Playboy Mansion. I'll draft up the paperwork for my insurance.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited March 2013

message me what game you are playing pretty pretty please <3

pvp was fun for the first year of the server. then just gone worse and worse. the more you slide that credit card the "better" you are. instant satisfaction rather than working to earn something or learning how to play your class/char. but i still have fun :) going to work on leveling my herc to 103 without cheating in room 4. should be complete about 2020 or 2021. unless they unbreak pet exp.
    the good Starr
  • $ArMoUrOfGOD - Harshlands
    $ArMoUrOfGOD - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this is not harshlands this is gankslandsb:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    no1curr what sins think.

I was gonna post but this scared me
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    I was gonna post but this scared me
    b:cry

*pats Mizuryu* There, there....Eoria says all sorts of hateful things! That's why she lives with cats instead of people.

.....wait, I do that too.

........******!t.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Adalgiso - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    pvp was fun for the first year of the server. then just gone worse and worse. the more you slide that credit card the "better" you are. instant satisfaction rather than working to earn something or learning how to play your class/char.

Why do people post **** like this?

1.You don't need to CS to be good at playing your class.
    2.You don't need to CS to have good gear

There will always be a gap between the best geared players on server such as Jekel and most of other players. That doesn't mean you need collection of credit cards to play and enjoy game.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you can't handle it, get off the server.

(I don't gank and haven't been ganked in a while but..yea..just move on, don't QQ)
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Why do people post **** like this?

1.You don't need to CS to be good at playing your class.
    2.You don't need to CS to have good gear

There will always be a gap between the best geared players on server such as Jekel and most of other players. That doesn't mean you need collection of credit cards to play and enjoy game.

Unless that "Jekel" or "Wytche" or w/e decides to come into a close, fun pvp fight, and proceed to kill everyone and everything while being incredibly hard/annoying to kill. Then it just becomes a r999 battle while everyone else sits out, because they die to 2-3 autoattacks.

Most of the time PvP eventually escalates to the situation described above. And its hard to avoid, because those R999 players are "afk" all day but somehow make it to almost every major pvp battle. regardless of time/day.

OTOH it's still easy to enjoy the game's events and do nation wars, but tbh nation wars gets old - you spend most of the time clicking "instance full" and watching your little stick figure going all the way back to base for no god-damn reason, forcing you to make another 3 minute trek out to the frontlines.

For some reason, the devs thought players would enjoy watching a tiny badly drawn man walk .005 inches/hour across a low resolution map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unless that "Jekel" or "Wytche" or w/e decides to come into a close, fun pvp fight, and proceed to kill everyone and everything while being incredibly hard/annoying to kill. Then it just becomes a r999 battle while everyone else sits out, because they die to 2-3 autoattacks.

Most of the time PvP eventually escalates to the situation described above. And its hard to avoid, because those R999 players are "afk" all day but somehow make it to almost every major pvp battle. regardless of time/day.

OTOH it's still easy to enjoy the game's events and do nation wars, but tbh nation wars gets old - you spend most of the time clicking "instance full" and watching your little stick figure going all the way back to base for no god-damn reason, forcing you to make another 3 minute trek out to the frontlines.

For some reason, the devs thought players would enjoy watching a tiny badly drawn man walk .005 inches/hour across a low resolution map.

why r ppl referring to jekel ? yh it was hard 2 kill before nw nd r9rr is so cheap now. i don't find jekel to be an issue really especially when u can take it down in 3secs. casters r more of a problem nowadays with their purifies, also barb can tank whole squads with morai skills on nd their r8r wep (gives 21def lvls )
  • Adalgiso - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    why r ppl referring to jekel ?

Because his gear is "up to date" Very little room for improvement. I wasn't discussing which class is harder to kill, I was talking about end game gear, fully refined, sharded.
  • Aylith - Harshlands
    Aylith - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Because his gear is "up to date" Very little room for improvement. I wasn't discussing which class is harder to kill, I was talking about end game gear, fully refined, sharded.

Doesn't matter about gear, Christmas Treeing > Jekel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My pixels bring all the boys to Dark, and they're like, I'll buy gear for ya. Damn right, CS r9 for ya.
    Take this free zen, you don't have to charge! b:kiss
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    None can stand up to the might of Adalsigo's Christmas Tree!
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    None can stand up to the might of Adalsigo's Christmas Tree!

Hey, hey! That's not funny.
    That tree is capable of not only oneshotting anything in the game, but sending it flying halfway across the overworld map. If the target is not on the overworld map, it is immediately teleported to the location of Harpy Wraith.

Serious business! b:shocked

Being perfectly serious however...I probably know my class better than 80% of people who've actually rolled it...and considering I've been playing it three years, I should. I've seen Psychics in RR9 who don't even know what Soul of Stunning is, or the difference between Soulforce, and Soulburn. I (personally) don't consider very many Psychics off that well in the field of "knows what the faq they're doing" especially in Harshlands.

...But I'll be d@mned if I'm not rolled by every 100+ witless slackjaw in the server due to my laughably shoddy gear. Gear has become everything in this game. It didn't used to be as important--I once killed a Nirvana 2nd cast barb in full JOSD when I was only 85 because...I know how to kite sh*t. I've killed R8 +10 Wizards single-handedly in nothing but TT99. It's not as if I'm completely void of the ability of execution. I can be as intelligent in my class as I'd like, and still get my **** kicked in nearly every fight....

...which I do.

And if I'm going up against someone as impossibly geared as Adal, or Rebel, or Jekel, or Wytche? It's like trying to race a one-legged horse in the Kentucky Derby. It's just not going to happen.

Do you need a credit card to get this gear? Hell no. I know people who've farmed it ingame. (I'm too lazy. I'll stick with third cast Nirvy.) With that much said, you're as good in PvP as much as you are in putting effort into trying to improve yourself.

The only thing you can do for PvP in this game, is to improve your gear, and improve your strategy, OP.