PVP in harshlands (cuz long was 2 lazy to open a thread)

Comments

• Aylith - Harshlands
    Aylith - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey, hey! That's not funny.
    That tree is capable of not only oneshotting anything in the game, but sending it flying halfway across the overworld map. If the target is not on the overworld map, it is immediately teleported to the location of Harpy Wraith.

Serious business! b:shocked

Being perfectly serious however...I probably know my class better than 80% of people who've actually rolled it...and considering I've been playing it three years, I should. I've seen Psychics in RR9 who don't even know what Soul of Stunning is, or the difference between Soulforce, and Soulburn. I (personally) don't consider very many Psychics off that well in the field of "knows what the faq they're doing" especially in Harshlands.

...But I'll be d@mned if I'm not rolled by every 100+ witless slackjaw in the server due to my laughably shoddy gear. Gear has become everything in this game. It didn't used to be as important--I once killed a Nirvana 2nd cast barb in full JOSD when I was only 85 because...I know how to kite sh*t. I've killed R8 +10 Wizards single-handedly in nothing but TT99. It's not as if I'm completely void of the ability of execution. I can be as intelligent in my class as I'd like, and still get my **** kicked in nearly every fight....

...which I do.

And if I'm going up against someone as impossibly geared as Adal, or Rebel, or Jekel, or Wytche? It's like trying to race a one-legged horse in the Kentucky Derby. It's just not going to happen.

Do you need a credit card to get this gear? Hell no. I know people who've farmed it ingame. (I'm too lazy. I'll stick with third cast Nirvy.) With that much said, you're as good in PvP as much as you are in putting effort into trying to improve yourself.

The only thing you can do for PvP in this game, is to improve your gear, and improve your strategy, OP.

Or roll a sin and perfect the coveted double spark, mazesteps IG WOMBO COMBO. BTW why are we not friends anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My pixels bring all the boys to Dark, and they're like, I'll buy gear for ya. Damn right, CS r9 for ya.
    Take this free zen, you don't have to charge! b:kiss
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Or roll a sin and perfect the coveted double spark, mazesteps IG WOMBO COMBO. BTW why are we not friends anymore?

Ugh, I'm highly allergic to anything that has more than 1.90 aps.
    We are definitely still friends. I still have to catch that Lugia.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Applequest - Harshlands
    Applequest - Harshlands Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Longknife such a noob, running around spamming excel and stuff. Happy Birthday Longknife
  • Mystic_Man - Harshlands
    Mystic_Man - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can be as intelligent in my class as I'd like, and still get my **** kicked in nearly every fight....

...which I do.

born even if you had the best gear in the game you'd be rolled by everything. just face the facts and admit that you suck. do us a favor, and uninstall. you claim to have played your psy for as long as they've been around, how is it that you're still this ****ty a player?

if you're so pro, get gayhem off their *** and tell them to fund you some decent gear. i'd love to see you put your big mouth where your money is.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15105911002&dateline=1334936268[/SIGPIC]

Save PWI: 2012
    ttp://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/Save%20PWI/

We play this game---We know how to fix it.
    edited March 2013
    I havent seen Born_Free play in 2 years.
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I havent seen Born_Free play in 2 years.

Why hello there darling, how is life on the farm treating you?

Mystic, the only reason why you keep harassing me, is because I three shot your R8 archer. I don't run Lunar squads with strangers because of people like you, and because you decided to steal the AA 3rd cast bottom mold (that I needed,) I decided to kick your ****.

Next time, don't ninja loot, and I won't have to embarrass you.

As for your last statement, I would be happy to let the rest of Mayhem know that you would think I would be a kick-**** Psychic with decent gear on. Perhaps they'll actually comply--that would be lovely. Then I could two shot you when you try and ninja loot me!

Have a delightful day.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
    edited March 2013
    Why hello there darling, how is life on the farm treating you?

Have a delightful day.

Out freaking standing
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Being perfectly serious however...I probably know my class better than 80% of people who've actually rolled it...and considering I've been playing it three years, I should.

This old spiel again. dustgreat has been playing archer for ages, that doesn't mean he's good at it. I've never seen you pvp, and i have no clue how you compare your knowledge of your class to a bunch of people you've never met, spoken to, or seen play.

...But I'll be d@mned if I'm not rolled by every 100+ witless slackjaw in the server due to my laughably shoddy gear. Gear has become everything in this game. It didn't used to be as important--I once killed a Nirvana 2nd cast barb in full JOSD when I was only 85 because...I know how to kite sh*t. I've killed R8 +10 Wizards single-handedly in nothing but TT99.

If you're going to lie, at least make it plausible. For a start, i can't recall a single barb in fully jaded nirvana gear. As a matter of fact, the only person i can recall having full jaded nirv gear was Diancecht, and later Gyrovague. When you look at the stats that are possible at lvl 85, and the dmg that would do to a barb geared in full second cast nirv with jades, you'll realize what you claim to have pulled off is not even possible, because that barb could charmtank you while afk, his ToP outheals your dmg, his pots probably come close to that, too, and if he ever recalls he has an antistun, (and an 18m range skill) you're going to get killed so fast it's ****.so you're basically saying that, when you were lvl 85, you ran into a full n2 jaded barb standing afk outside sz without a charm and killed him, and that this is somehow amazing.

Something similar happens with the wiz: either the guy's weapon was waaaay better refined than his gear or he was afk. Unless you had beastly refines on your tt99, or the wiz was missing his barrier, or he was uncharmed, or several of the above, you couldn't possibly kill him with tt99, unless he's criplingly incompetent. You simply couldn't take the dmg long enough to get your kill.
    edited March 2013
    I want to see proof of thisb:laugh
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This old spiel again. dustgreat has been playing archer for ages, that doesn't mean he's good at it. I've never seen you pvp, and i have no clue how you compare your knowledge of your class to a bunch of people you've never met, spoken to, or seen play.

If you're going to lie, at least make it plausible. For a start, i can't recall a single barb in fully jaded nirvana gear. As a matter of fact, the only person i can recall having full jaded nirv gear was Diancecht, and later Gyrovague. When you look at the stats that are possible at lvl 85, and the dmg that would do to a barb geared in full second cast nirv with jades, you'll realize what you claim to have pulled off is not even possible, because that barb could charmtank you while afk, his ToP outheals your dmg, his pots probably come close to that, too, and if he ever recalls he has an antistun, (and an 18m range skill) you're going to get killed so fast it's ****.so you're basically saying that, when you were lvl 85, you ran into a full n2 jaded barb standing afk outside sz without a charm and killed him, and that this is somehow amazing.

Something similar happens with the wiz: either the guy's weapon was waaaay better refined than his gear or he was afk. Unless you had beastly refines on your tt99, or the wiz was missing his barrier, or he was uncharmed, or several of the above, you couldn't possibly kill him with tt99, unless he's criplingly incompetent. You simply couldn't take the dmg long enough to get your kill.

cough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013

sint i missed u in the pvp area :P where have u been
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    I've been busy doing my best to convince myself i care enough to farm my r9rr junk.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've never seen you pvp, and i have no clue how you compare your knowledge of your class to a bunch of people you've never met, spoken to, or seen play.
    You can direct this at most of the people who post in the forums... Why waste it toward only one person? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    You can direct this at most of the people who post in the forums... Why waste it toward only one person? b:question

because this person is unusually prolific in spewing nonsense about pvp and acting as if it knows what it's doing.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I three shot your R8 archer.

AhHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

Dat was funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Troll_demon - Harshlands
    Troll_demon - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it was unfair to be honest, i can't even get kill points because of some ****ery
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who said pvp was ever fair? As far as I'm concerned everything goes in a pvp server.
    Course if you don't like that you can try the 5+ pve servers floating about.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • Troll_demon - Harshlands
    Troll_demon - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who said pvp was ever fair? As far as I'm concerned everything goes in a pvp server.
    Course if you don't like that you can try the 5+ pve servers floating about.

cause it is a stupid class beat other class bs, i can't kill nothing other than other archers that not R9 which is total bull **** and **** pve =.=, u cnt pvp in there which sucks
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cause it is a stupid class beat other class bs, i can't kill nothing other than other archers that not R9 which is total bull **** and **** pve =.=, u cnt pvp in there which sucks

One, you don't need r9 gear to pk. R8 is just as good, same with nirvana.
    Two, archers can kill clerics and wizards. Hell, they can kill any class if their aps is high enough.
    Three, there is pvp on pve you just have to take the safety off.
    Four, stop qqing.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • TerrormodeON - Harshlands
    TerrormodeON - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    good luck kiling a barb like me with aps based archer. and i`m not even op,more like decent equipped. but u can kill bms easy,and psy`s too.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Zooming Thunder combo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Barbs are hard to kill.

More news at 11.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • TerrormodeON - Harshlands
    TerrormodeON - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that involves using skills,not aps based.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    that involves using skills,not aps based.

Time for more amazing news at 11:

APS build archers can use zooming thunder just as well as any other archer.

Stay tuned for more breaking news.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pvp was pretty fair 4 years ago..cept for iamkillers +11 hh90...just sayin.. now it's just "ha your a 1 hit" no **** you have +12 r9 cast what you expect >.< and sadly these people think I care, which to me is the funny part
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Marcefox - Harshlands
    Marcefox - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gota love the pvp threads!

every1 hating on every1 saying how good one is over the other got love the hate!

juts saying get over it ppl 99.9999% in this darn game u wont meet in ur life n u still wasting ur saliva. in ****** stuff.....

juts go out there n try, as mr adalgio said u dont need to cs to get an op gear. i have been aorun e.e to much n i never cs in ma life i got decent gear full r9, now with r9rr wep n 2 cast gear n all by farming here n there.

i considere myself good enough without been out there 24/7 pvping e.e i cant tank a smexy r9rr like jekel or wytche if nab me not distracted (wich is 90% of the time) xD u juts have to know ur class n the other classes weakness, for my class i think almost every class is easy to kill if u know ur skills barbs can be 1 shoots (bramblehood ftw), as bms, mages r tricky, cleric easy... well juts saying learn ur class take time playing it n no matter wot gear ull has ull be able to kill it!

so stop qqing n play nabs
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gota love the pvp threads!

every1 hating on every1 saying how good one is over the other got love the hate!

juts saying get over it ppl 99.9999% in this darn game u wont meet in ur life n u still wasting ur saliva. in ****** stuff.....

juts go out there n try, as mr adalgio said u dont need to cs to get an op gear. i have been aorun e.e to much n i never cs in ma life i got decent gear full r9, now with r9rr wep n 2 cast gear n all by farming here n there.

i considere myself good enough without been out there 24/7 pvping e.e i cant tank a smexy r9rr like jekel or wytche if nab me not distracted (wich is 90% of the time) xD u juts have to know ur class n the other classes weakness, for my class i think almost every class is easy to kill if u know ur skills barbs can be 1 shoots (bramblehood ftw), as bms, mages r tricky, cleric easy... well juts saying learn ur class take time playing it n no matter wot gear ull has ull be able to kill it!

so stop qqing n play nabs

You remind me of some catalyst who lectured me on how they farmed their gear
    (rank 9). Yet, somehow they went from full +7 armor and +10 wep, to +10 armor and +12 weps in a week. (not going to say names)

Not saying you didn't but I consider it highly unlikely and an impressive accomplishment if you did.

You are right though a lot of pvp, is decided based on the knowledge of your class. Which surprisingly gives you a great advantage. Strictly because not many people take the time to enjoy the game and learn their class like they were supposed to.

To the Original question though. Pvp although its fun is on a slow downward trend. As far as I know.
  • devil0is0here
    devil0is0here Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

To the Original question though. Pvp although its fun is on a slow downward trend. As far as I know.

True, and if you have not yet found the answer, then here goes...

There aren't enough incentives. Just look at nws, I have even seen TT60 geared people attending it.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    True, and if you have not yet found the answer, then here goes...

There aren't enough incentives. Just look at nws, I have even seen TT60 geared people attending it.

The incentive should be that you want to sharpen your skills, or test yourself against somebody. Extra rewards from PWI are nice, but shouldn't have to be your only motivation. (Or why bother being on a PvP server)

Yes, the level caps on NW should be raised, but there are still plenty of higher levels in there. The better you do in NW, the more tokens you'll get. If you have no idea what you're doing, good luck..

Lousy analogy: If you were into kickboxing, you wouldn't only fight when people are rewarding you, would you? No, you'd spar outside of matches so that when a match comes up you're prepared.

Of course sometimes I PK just to blow off steam too..
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.