PVP in harshlands (cuz long was 2 lazy to open a thread)

13»

Comments

• jadukor
    jadukor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lousy analogy: If you were into kickboxing, you wouldn't only fight when people are rewarding you, would you? No, you'd spar outside of matches so that when a match comes up you're prepared.

That's why most people are not into kickboxing...

I think I was unable to totally convey what I was saying. It's like this: "You can't get people to come based on 'ideologies', or 'getting to know more about your class'. You need to provide 'tangible' motivation/incentive. "

The only reason even lowbies and amateurs turn up in NW. Because they get rewards/results that they can quantify.

And yes, ideally if someone is in a PvP server, then he/she should pvp more. But ideals hardly dictates a person's actions.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jadukor wrote: »
    That's why most people are not into kickboxing...

I think I was unable to totally convey what I was saying. It's like this: "You can't get people to come based on 'ideologies', or 'getting to know more about your class'. You need to provide 'tangible' motivation/incentive. "

The only reason even lowbies and amateurs turn up in NW. Because they get rewards/results that they can quantify.

And yes, ideally if someone is in a PvP server, then he/she should pvp more. But ideals hardly dictates a person's actions.

I did say it was a lousy analogy.

Ideals won't make a game, but when the creators seem apathetic to what you want...you kind of have to find ways to enjoy it yourself or become frustrated. And when a game is frustrating..time to move on.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Kuruaie - Harshlands
    Kuruaie - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gota love the pvp threads!

I just love Marce. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Want a real challenge?
    Candy Crush

Level 28 is a scumbag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Want a real challenge?
    Candy Crush

Level 28 is a scumbag

That game sucks. I like killing people (in games). b:dirty
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do my best to get people to pk in PWI but they'd rather QQ about how terrible i am on WC.