HT most helpful person gets r9 ring

Options

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I see people have votes, but he said there will be a poll, do we vote now or not?

Those are simply there if more than 10 legitimate nominations are received but less than the number where we could make two rounds of polling. We'd have to eliminate someone at some point then, and that provides an objective way to do it. 10 was chosen because thats the number of options you're allowed to set to a poll IIRC.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Dyrl - Heavens Tear
    Dyrl - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Annaylse has my vote
  • Bloom - Heavens Tear
    Bloom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Can I put a vote in for Annalyse too please :) Have been in her faction for a couple of years now, and am always seeing people asking for help and when others are busy or reluctant too, Anna is always pitching in, and with people outside faction who she runs into as well. We try to be one of the nicest factions on HT, avoid drama, and everyone try to help out others, but in the end that all only happens because of the example Anna sets for all of us. So I totally think she deserves to win this :)

And good job on being a generous soul and coming up with this competition, its a great idea =)
  • stblackdeth
    stblackdeth Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I vote for JamberBritts , most helpfull person I knew in game.

P.D. = must correct the name of her on the list, is showed as Jamber.

Thanks!
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Seems like HT has suddenly become a whirlpool of helpers. b:surrender Saw like 10 squads forming for helping lowbies today, which is pretty much 10 more than I usually see. Guess they either all wanna be nominated or finally realized that helping others is what makes a good community. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Jynxt - Heavens Tear
    Jynxt - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Jamber is the Most helpfull person I know in Game and an Awesome Cleric You got my Vote Jammy b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Seems like HT has suddenly become a whirlpool of helpers. b:surrender Saw like 10 squads forming for helping lowbies today, which is pretty much 10 more than I usually see. Guess they either all wanna be nominated or finally realized that helping others is what makes a good community. b:laugh

Actually this is more common than you think. I think people just don't notice it unless they have a reason to do so.

Lots of players will just PM the groups looking for BH 39-89 and not even make a WC about it and just run them through to get them their exp. Culti bosses, etc. Ideally it isn't even a fame thing, just that we've all been there and needed the help at one point in time.

I know when Im paying attention to WC, by the 3rd WC in 10 minutes I'll feel the necessity to help some lowbies out. I got my help during those days, I think Karma and Pay-it-Forward/Back is a good idea.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • silversrose
    silversrose Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think Daphmina should be considered.

She's always willing to help lowbies with bh's and culti quests if asked. And is knowledgeable about the game if you have questions.
  • jasminka37
    jasminka37 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i vote for jamber, one of the most helpful people i know in game. :)
  • Daphmina - Heavens Tear
    Daphmina - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    jasminka37 wrote: »
    i vote for jamber, one of the most helpful people i know in game. :)

i agree , Jamber is one of the most helpful people i know
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    EU servers have a small r9 sale going on at a discount of 20%. Assuming this comes to our server (which 99% of the time, it does), will this have any impact on the contest prize?

Just wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • WhereIsSully - Heavens Tear
    WhereIsSully - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Most gracious person I've met since I've been playing is a Veno named Pawplay, absolutely the most giving person I've gamed with.

1)As a lowbie wiz starting out he gave me gear all the time, he's funded me without me asking and refused to take coin back.

2)He's ran easily 500+ bh/fb's at least for our faction over the three years I've known him, most of which he didn't need himself, many of them for me and my alts.

3)Hilarious and good natured, he's an old school PvE grinder who's leveled his veno and cleric to 100+ by sheer consistency and he's done this all while giving most of his time to the other toons in faction.

Chances are you've never met him. So here's a quick list of references who will tell you the same thing I've told you.

Wicked_Issue, Starsky, bobthecat, Shyyann. If you know or see any of these toons in-game ask them. Ask anyone you know that's in Invasion, or was at some point, and ask them about Paw.

Thanks for your consideration
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    calvinzeng wrote: »
    The reason I don't want people with r9 mains or their alternates to win is I want to reward someone who is a non-cashshopper or at least not big cashshoppers. 95% of r9 are big cashshoppers, those who farmed their r9 just don't have the time to help others. The most deserving person is someone who has played this game for a very long time and is helpful and friendly to everyone not just to their faction mates, helpful even to total strangers. Indeed there are many helpful people, I will also make 2 other consolation prizes each worth 50 gold. But too bad 95% of pwi players don't use the forum even after many repeated announcements on world chat. Also most people think that I was trolling and are sceptical.

1 month is too long, can another moderator conduct the poll? Can a moderator make a lvl 10 toon on HT so that I can transfer coins or items please? Can you also set the guideline and rules please. Also I would prefer the moderator to give out the prize and capture a screenshot.

That is a fair enough reason for not wanting to, but its not entirely true. I haven't cash shopped my R9 and I always have time to help anyone who wants it!! (Not that often seeing as I'm a wiz)

Lots of my friends are the same way too.

Is this still open? If so my nomination goes to that guy who is always in world chat helping to level up people for free in FF... can't remember his name as I never need levelling lol!!!
    I love drinking tea
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i agree , Jamber is one of the most helpful people i know

Do you accept the nomination or are you nominating Jamber?

• Daphmina - Heavens Tear
    Daphmina - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Do you accept the nomination or are you nominating Jamber?

Jamber deserves it , she has my vote :)
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    PawPlay is indeed a very helpful person. If anyone doesn't know him perhaps you'll recognize him by his old school BM's name of IamUGLY.

Awesome guy.
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    We still have a few that need to accept their nominations before the deadline. Please let em know they will have to do so to qualify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lastly, Xuela is hot.

Oh gawd you make me blush b:chuckle

Anyways If i would vote for anyone, for real this time. It would be Thandie.
    She is the leader of WindRyder, the faction I've been in since I started playing this game, until I wanted some TW action.
    She always was ready to help with EVERYTHING. She even helped me and others gear up. Never for her own sake, since shes only playing for fun. She just wants others to have most fun as possible too. She is the most welcoming and warmhearted person I've ever met, and probably is to humble to accept my nomination, but still she deserves this!!
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • Crazy__erik - Heavens Tear
    Crazy__erik - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is kinda winding down, so in summation...

The forums is a very very low % of the real game perception. I'm sorry if I offended anyone that make the forums successful, but it is. You make think by posting 5000 times in forums that you make an impression in the game. You don't. Sorry. Call it ego, call it what you may, but I don't base my opinion on people who "talk" a good game, I base on on those that do.

What makes an impression to me is doing it. This is an awesome prize, it really is...a game changer for some, and I totally appreciate Calvin for even offering it. It tells me that he took a step back and said "I love this game, Who is really making it fun?" Total respect for that thought.

Now look at what has happened since then....You have a few uniquely new posters to your forums. You have had people coming here only to support people that aren't specifically "forum-people". That helps the game out tremendously. Now you are cross-referencing game and forums, Grats Calvin and everyone that made it happen! That is truly awesome. I saw your world chats I came here, TY.

Figuring that in, you really have only 2 lead candidates for your contest, we don't need 10. Annalyse (sp? sorry if I misspell I know you and I know you are an awesome person) and JamberBritts.

Everyone else mentioned here helps, and it is totally appreciated and respected. I know that anyone even noted here gets a warm fuzzy glow in their belly because you took the time to recognize them. I know I did, but for such an awesome prize, let's make it simple.

Somehow, someway outside the Forums (In my humble opinion) the question should simply be Who is HT's most helpful Person? Annalyse or JamberBritts?

Once again this is 100% my opinion and not reflective of this thread at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is kinda winding down, so in summation...

The forums is a very very low % of the real game perception. I'm sorry if I offended anyone that make the forums successful, but it is. You make think by posting 5000 times in forums that you make an impression in the game. You don't. Sorry. Call it ego, call it what you may, but I don't base my opinion on people who "talk" a good game, I base on on those that do.

What makes an impression to me is doing it. This is an awesome prize, it really is...a game changer for some, and I totally appreciate Calvin for even offering it. It tells me that he took a step back and said "I love this game, Who is really making it fun?" Total respect for that thought.

Now look at what has happened since then....You have a few uniquely new posters to your forums. You have had people coming here only to support people that aren't specifically "forum-people". That helps the game out tremendously. Now you are cross-referencing game and forums, Grats Calvin and everyone that made it happen! That is truly awesome. I saw your world chats I came here, TY.

Figuring that in, you really have only 2 lead candidates for your contest, we don't need 10. Annalyse (sp? sorry if I misspell I know you and I know you are an awesome person) and JamberBritts.

Everyone else mentioned here helps, and it is totally appreciated and respected. I know that anyone even noted here gets a warm fuzzy glow in their belly because you took the time to recognize them. I know I did, but for such an awesome prize, let's make it simple.

Somehow, someway outside the Forums (In my humble opinion) the question should simply be Who is HT's most helpful Person? Annalyse or JamberBritts?

Once again this is 100% my opinion and not reflective of this thread at all.

Am I to take this as you're not accepting the nomination then? Also guys can you please let people know to accept their nominations, they only have one more day left. This thing closes on 3/15/2013 at 11:59pm PDT.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Who the f are all these people.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well, I've been watching this thread off and on for a little while, and while I wish I could decide on anyone to nominate, I can't. I don't feel like I personally know a large enough section of HT's population to have an informed opinion. In addition to that, I think the people I'd most likely nominate no longer play the game.

Of the current crop of contestants, Annalyse is certainly a front-runner, but Thandie (below) is also awesome and of course Crazy__Erik is my bro/NW buddy. XD So I think I'll remain neutral on this one and just congratulate whoever wins.

I'm amazed Erik and Daph even post on the forums though. :o
    Anyways If i would vote for anyone, for real this time. It would be Thandie.
    She is the leader of WindRyder, the faction I've been in since I started playing this game, until I wanted some TW action.
    She always was ready to help with EVERYTHING. She even helped me and others gear up. Never for her own sake, since shes only playing for fun. She just wants others to have most fun as possible too. She is the most welcoming and warmhearted person I've ever met, and probably is to humble to accept my nomination, but still she deserves this!!
    A couple years ago, Thandie's veno would camp the rare pet spawns (idk if she still does). I remember distinctly when my fiance wanted an Armored Bear for her veno, we had trouble getting one from under the noses of the farmers. Eventually Thandie offered to help us catch the bear for her, which she eventually did and didn't ask for a single coin. :) We even had some elaborate plan to sabotage the farmer (I remember being on-hand to use Expel on her the moment the bear spawned), but it turned out not to be necessary.

Just wanted to share that story here.
    Who the f are all these people.
    Kiyoshi... buddy... you need to listen to me for a minute, because this? This right here? This is a helpfulness contest. What you're thinking of is a popularity contest.

You can take a minute to absorb that. I know it must be a hard concept for you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Kiyoshi... buddy... you need to listen to me for a minute, because this? This right here? This is a helpfulness contest. What you're thinking of is a popularity contest.

You can take a minute to absorb that. I know it must be a hard concept for you :)

This is a popularity contest for nublets. The front runner got what... 3 votes in the span of day. I can easily **** out a dozen or so votes before 24 hours is up. And guess what... I would have honestly helped each and every one of them at one point in their PWI career. Pretty sure if mystic wasn't promoted out of the nublet club... he would have gotten more then 3 votes. Just cause those of us who refuse to help people who doesn't help themselves... doesn't mean we don't help each other.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pretty sure if mystic wasn't promoted out of the nublet club... he would have gotten more then 3 votes.

b:cool
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is a popularity contest for nublets. The front runner got what... 3 votes in the span of day. I can easily **** out a dozen or so votes before 24 hours is up. And guess what... I would have honestly helped each and every one of them at one point in their PWI career. Pretty sure if mystic wasn't promoted out of the nublet club... he would have gotten more then 3 votes. Just cause those of us who refuse to help people who doesn't help themselves... doesn't mean we don't help each other.
    So... translation: "QQ I'm not eligible for the cost of a R9 ring I don't need anyway"?

As Erik pointed out, doing this exclusively through the forums only targets a select group of people. And since many of those people are already in one of the prominent factions, making R9+s eligible for this would've turned the whole thing into an echo chamber. I'm sure you could scrounge up a dozen or two guildies to vouch for you, but I think the end result would be a contest that's really not interesting to anyone but you. Given the limitations of the system, this is about the best way OP could've done this.

That, and the fact that R9+s don't so much "help" as they clear things out with... to use your phrase... their big toes. :P Help isn't just about the results, it's about the effort.

But hell, nothing's stopping you from putting together a prize that R9S3s would find desirable and having a "most helpful broken person" contest. Though I'm forced to wonder what R9S3s would even find desirable. A dozen Dragon Orb Flames? A GM cape? Maybe a big red "WIN" button that instantly oneshots everything in their field of vision? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Venus - i accepted after Jamber nominated me.
    Just cause those of us who refuse to help people who doesn't help themselves... doesn't mean we don't help each other.

Kiyoshi - WTF are you trying to say there? You're in a thread calling people that have been here since beta "nublets" while explaining why you don't help and how you could cheat to win?

Did you even realize this is just the nomination portion of the contest? No one is voting yet.

It's irrational, incoherent, monkey gibberish like this that keeps people away from the forum in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ps: Hi Miugre, didn't know you hit the forums. I may look around more now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Kiyoshi - WTF are you trying to say there? You're in a thread calling people that have been here since beta "nublets" while explaining why you don't help and how you could cheat to win?

Did you even realize this is just the nomination portion of the contest? No one is voting yet.

It's irrational, incoherent, monkey gibberish like this that keeps people away from the forum in the first place.
    Don't feed the troll, erik... don't feed the troll ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options

So I am cheating because I have more friends... or am I cheating because I helped more of my friends? And I think I missed the memo regarding skill level being ranked by join date. So since I got my character on the first day of HT, before that I got a char in beta, and before that I got an account in my/cn. I must be super skilled.

I help people who I think deserves my help and actually want to excel at their characters... If that means I don't help the vast majority of the population... then so be it.

This discussion has been closed.