Pole Bm

Options
13»

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I always think those are venos and phys attack them.

sounds legit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hey baby, I like the way you handle my pole.

How about we Reckless Rush back to your place and I'll let you do a whole lot more with it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hey baby, I like the way you handle my pole.

How about we Reckless Rush back to your place and I'll let you do a whole lot more with it.

Only if you swallow glacial spikes

Not sure I'm ready to farstrike up a long distance thing though
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ...wait dont you do that?

I only go for Monarch Spears, anything else is just not worht it.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Only if you swallow glacial spikes

Not sure I'm ready to farstrike up a long distance thing though

That was addressed to the female community. I don't care how good you are at handling poles, I don't want a dude Josh. Sorry b:sad
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    That was addressed to the female community. I don't care how good you are at handling poles, I don't want a dude Josh. Sorry b:sad

b:sad
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

b:sad

Maybe you can post pictures to convince Zanryu otherwise b:mischievous.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Do all the horn dogs play BM? I think they like having master in their name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sharki - Dreamweaver
    Sharki - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wow, the whole first two pages are horrifying. Do you guys really have to insult these guys as people, rather than just criticizing their playstyles?

And why hasn't a report button been put on each post yet?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wow, the whole first two pages are horrifying. Do you guys really have to insult these guys as people, rather than just criticizing their playstyles?

The first 7 replies cover the issue of why pole only is not a suited playstyle. it go derailed after that, only to be saved by Sylvae awesome post. The same topic has been discussed at length for quite a few threads over the years.

If you play a bm, you'll notice very quickly why a pole only bm option is not viable as you level up through questing (not fcc). The skills hit hard, but using a pole only creates trouble. Linear aoe - very hard to set up in pve, much easier in pve, everyone bunches.

I am a pve player, i quest until 55, did bh's and quest after. I used axes and poles while lvling. It would have been hell to use pole only.
  • Sharki - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm not denying the point that they were making. It's quite obvious that Pole-only BMs are suboptimal. I was just pointing out the seemingly sociopathic, hostile posts some of the repliers made, aimed at OP personally, rather than sticking to character build criticisms.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm not denying the point that they were making. It's quite obvious that Pole-only BMs are suboptimal. I was just pointing out the seemingly sociopathic, hostile posts some of the repliers made, aimed at OP personally, rather than sticking to character build criticisms.

welcome to pwi forums b:pleased, may you stay, prosper and remain untainted. personally i think most of us bm, don't really have a topic to debate about. Most avenues have a set form opinion.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Read the OPs claims. If anyone here is acting sociopathic, antagonistic, or manipulative it would be him. He challenges 99.9% of BMs with a diminutive claim that's basically "Why do people hate pole-only BMs? Because we're better than you?"

He was the first to attack others. In turn, his post showed more about his own personality than it stating anything to do with pole vs all-path BMs. The first few pages gave many, many, many reasons to why multiple weapons and styles is better than only a single weapon path. His response to us analyzing the BM class, skills, and playstyle was this:
    Yet you still can't answer my question. Just like everyone else. Beccause there is no answer.

If you ask me whats 2+2 and I respond '4' and you tell me I still haven't given you a legitimate answer then I'm going to call you an idiot. If you ask me what 2+2 is and I prove that its '4' and you continue to insult me while insisting the answer is something different but giving no better argument that "because I'm better" than I will mock you.

This was the case with the OP. He came in insulting us. He did not present any valid arguments. He did not listen to our input, advice, or arguments counterpointing his opinion and instead continued to insult us. We called him a reject who was wasting our time. You showed up and told us we were sociopaths for insulting him.

How is showing up and badmouthing people who badmouthed an antagonist any different then what you're doing?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sharki - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    welcome to pwi forums b:pleased, may you stay, prosper and remain untainted. personally i think most of us bm, don't really have a topic to debate about. Most avenues have a set form opinion.
    Nah, I'm not new here. I just rarely post. Mainly because of the lack of moderation here.
    Read the OPs claims. If anyone here is acting sociopathic, antagonistic, or manipulative it would be him. He challenges 99.9% of BMs with a diminutive claim that's basically "Why do people hate pole-only BMs? Because we're better than you?"

He was the first to attack others. In turn, his post showed more about his own personality than it stating anything to do with pole vs all-path BMs. The first few pages gave many, many, many reasons to why multiple weapons and styles is better than only a single weapon path. His response to us analyzing the BM class, skills, and playstyle was this:
    I actually was attempting to include him. Sorry if I made it seem like it was one-sided.
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i cant believe this thread is still alive lol
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Poles: the more we touch it, the more it grows.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Poles: the more we touch it, the more it grows.

Poles: Its a hard, lengthy subject. Some people want their pole use analyzed.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I polish my pole every day. I make sure it's ready to wack people with. >.>
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is the only place where we can whip out our poles and openly talk about how we enjoy polishing them and using them on other people.

It's good to be home.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm... gonna close this now...

I think we've managed to discuss what needed discussions and you guys are now starting to obsess over your phallic overcompensations. b:shocked
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.