Which are the best Mystics on your server?

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Anyway, Im pretty proud of the way I came along on my Mystic. I would say its the best char in the game, but we all know Sins are the best, so...that's pointless, lol.

Mystic can replace healer, tank, dd in RB. Can replace cleric and barb in anything. For the same investment can solo more bosses than sin. If Mystic had stealth: it would far pass Sin on the OP meter.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I havent logged into the game since New Year's Day, and havent posted on these forums but once since I told a certain Mod I wasnt going to use these forums anymore, Im thinking like a month before New Years, but Idk. *shrugs*

But, its nice to think I must have been pretty good for a newb player, since you pretty much posted my name for absolutely no good reason at all. b:chuckle

Why hide who you are? I wont be logging in to rage on you or anything.

Anyway, Im pretty proud of the way I came along on my Mystic. I would say its the best char in the game, but we all know Sins are the best, so...that's pointless, lol.

And, most importantly, thanks for reminding me why I left this game. I was just about to start playing again. Bravo! I could have made a terrible mistake. You saved me! b:victory

Ciao, bella. b:kiss

U dont have to QQing, his opinion is only his personal opinion of whose the best. if u think that u are the best, u can say that u are. some ppl reply in here that they admit themself are the best.

tbh, ppl often see who is pro by looking of pvp. which is PK, TW and NW. but mostly PK. and if u dont do much pk, not many people know that u are the best.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    U dont have to QQing, his opinion is only his personal opinion of whose the best.

Where am I QQing? I was not mentioned as his personal opinion of who is best. I could have taken his mentioning my name at all as a "naming and shaming" moment, but I didn't. I took the fact whoever he is mentioning my name at all as a "backdoor compliment".
    if u think that u are the best, u can say that u are. some ppl reply in here that they admit themself are the best.

I will never have GEM'd out R9T3 +12, so I could never be the best. I could never PK and expect to win, unless I kill noobs in SP or something just to get my kill count up.
    tbh, ppl often see who is pro by looking of pvp. which is PK, TW and NW. but mostly PK. and if u dont do much pk, not many people know that u are the best.

People have been calling me PRO since I was level 50. And, maybe if one were to judge solely based on use of skills my name might belong somewhere on a list of the best. I dont know though, there could be someone on RT that cannot afford better than R7 that uses their skills much better than I do. As you say, we may never know who they are.

I do know that if any Mystic has gemed out R9T3 +12, and can spam NV & BitC, they will leave this plain old R8/Perfect stone/+5 or 6 in the dust. If I PK'd with such a Mystic, regardless of my use of skills, they would quicky beat me. They could even go AFK for most of the fight, and I would barely be able to put a dent in their health bar.

Once I realized even Nirvy T3 does not compare to R9T3 (I would rate it at ultimately about half as good based on attack and defence levels), being in the game lost any remnants of a sparkle it once held for me.

If we played this game for the same money chinese players spent on their game, I might stick with it. As it stands, this game is for people who have $ 3K plus that they dont need to spend on anything other than pixels, and that is not me.

Simply put, I will never be the best, and skill or being a "PRO player" has absolutely nothing to do with that. It is what it is. *shrugs*

Im also taking your post as "kind words", and I thank you for them. b:thanks
    edited January 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    Mystic can replace healer, tank, dd in RB. Can replace cleric and barb in anything. For the same investment can solo more bosses than sin. If Mystic had stealth: it would far pass Sin on the OP meter.

You forgot BM, lol. The nature of the char leaves it as not the best in anything however. I agree being able to stealth might help balance that deficiency out a bit. We are not OP on any level, the nature of the char prevents that.

But, I respect your opinion, thumbs. If they ever give the char the ability to stealth, then maybe I would agree its OP, but they chose to give that skill to archers instead.

As another player said in the past on this forum, "To be fair, the Mystic is the least OP of all the so-called OP classes." I respect his opinion as well. I guess that's the price you pay for having a char that can do almost everything good.

Take care. =]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A lot of people just think about gears, people can be R9 3rd recast +12 JosD that doesn't mean they are skilled.

Clerics are the best example, take on each server the cleric with the best gears, they have no clues what they doing. (I know for fact that the clerics with the best gears on HL and RT are actually the worse clerics on the server)

If everyone was R9 3rd recast +12 I can tell you that some people considered as the best cause of their gears would not be the best anymore, some people have a lot of potential, but just not the gears to go with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • sqli
    sqli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well this post will be all about the amazing mystic Pboo from the server Heavens Tear.

He may be a carebear, but hes the cute kind of carebear that will KICK some booty in PVP in a hot second. Do not under estimate him for he is so great and a really nice guy once you get to know him. =)

Pboo I loves u!<3 b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    !!@--&gt; MSSQL is NOT my alt <--@!!
  • X_AirMyst_x - Dreamweaver
    X_AirMyst_x - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A lot of people just think about gears, people can be R9 3rd recast +12 JosD that doesn't mean they are skilled.

Clerics are the best example, take on each server the cleric with the best gears, they have no clues what they doing. (I know for fact that the clerics with the best gears on HL and RT are actually the worse clerics on the server)

If everyone was R9 3rd recast +12 I can tell you that some people considered as the best cause of their gears would not be the best anymore, some people have a lot of potential, but just not the gears to go with it.

I totally agree and this is precisely the reason why I hate this kind of posts of "the best".

In every MMORPG ppl who are willing to spend money to make a powerful toon will always be considered the "best" and obviously its performance will be "better" than the other players who just play for fun, but it doesn't mean they have the best skills...

In Dreamweaver there are not too many good mystics, I've had the opportunity to see the performance of several and sometimes I understand why we are so underestimated. Some of them are considered the "best" but they are R9 third recast +12 and as you mention, it is not possible to make an objective comparison if the rest are not R9 third recast +12 or anything close...

I started playing PWI because of the mystic, the class seemed very interesting and I have enjoyed it, although many people have told me I'm a very good skilled mystic, I don't think myself as one of "the best" or something like "Hey guys, add me to the list", I know there will be always someone stronger and more popular, better geared or willing to pay for all of it, in my case is a resounding NO, so yeah, I think in PWI the definition of "best" is related by having best gears...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    edited January 2013
    You forgot BM, lol. The nature of the char leaves it as not the best in anything however. I agree being able to stealth might help balance that deficiency out a bit. We are not OP on any level, the nature of the char prevents that.

When someone declares they're not OP and resorts to ambiguity (nature of the char); I can only think that it's for ignorance.

I don't know of any other mystics solo healing on my server for RB squads, yet I prefer using my mystic (same equips) to cleric. I don't know of any other mystic on my server pulling full groups in metal, or tanking SoT/ Aba/ Metal/ Lunar/ RB.

Even most people who play mystics at 100+ don't seem to have a clue what they are capable of or how to play one proficiently. Many still act like it's an alternate veno or subpar healer.

If you want to convince me that Mystics aren't OP: you'd have to do better than act like the ignorant commoners that refuse to learn the game and or class.
  • fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    from DW
    best gear,still play,===> A~Raft
    best mystic[at useing skils],not play anymore===>IAetius
    also playing decently Influence and Marid
    edited January 2013
    thumbs wrote: »
    When someone declares they're not OP and resorts to ambiguity (nature of the char); I can only think that it's for ignorance.

I don't know of any other mystics solo healing on my server for RB squads, yet I prefer using my mystic (same equips) to cleric. I don't know of any other mystic on my server pulling full groups in metal, or tanking SoT/ Aba/ Metal/ Lunar/ RB.

Even most people who play mystics at 100+ don't seem to have a clue what they are capable of or how to play one proficiently. Many still act like it's an alternate veno or subpar healer.

If you want to convince me that Mystics aren't OP: you'd have to do better than act like the ignorant commoners that refuse to learn the game and or class.

If you dont know of any other char on your server that can DD better than you, then you are absolutely right, the Mystic is OP - over powered, at least on your server. They must of had a update since I last played, and now they need to nerf you cause you are too good.

Too bad they will never let you stealth, cause the Mystic is the shizzle, you have no use for that ability you are so good, and Im just an ignorant commoner anyway, lol. Did Mommy ever read you the story of the, "Emperors New Clothes"?

If you can solo Metal, and none your gears arent any better than R8, then you are obviously a much better Mystic than I will ever be. I know Fire is easier, but everyone tells me I have to do Metal. I have a catch 22 going on personally. I need to solo Metal to get further toward completing my culti, as well as try for the molds for NirvyT3. If I had R9, which I never will, soloing Metal would be a cake walk, and neither I nor my summon would take hardly any damage at all.

Ive done a half a dozen practice runs, and I dont expect it to be easy, but I dont get any further than about half way through.

Who knows, maybe this conundrum makes me the worst Mystic on RT. I need to solo Metal to get better gears, and I feel like I need better gears to solo Metal.

Sure, I could spend a few years trying to farm R9, (maybe sooner if I can successfully lie, cheat and steal from anyone left on RT stupid enough to let me) then go back and complete my culti, but why would I want to? And, wouldnt R10 finally be released by then?

On my first ever run on any char in Delta, I healed and DD'd, as I feel Im supposed to. No one in the squad was geared as well as my full R8, +4, flawless gemed gears (at the time), which I will admit scared me, but I figured at least I get inside and get a feel for the instance no matter how it goes.

I joined a Full Delta cause I needed to get through W4, and it seemed like the only way that was going to happen was if I got in on any random run I could. Certainly, no one in any faction I was in wanted to be of any assistance.

I got it done. The squad was totally intact and completed W4 with no problems. During W5 the BM DC'd, so I assumed his buff/debuff role too, while still healing and doing my normal DD. The squad made it halfway through W9 before it wiped, and the BM had never returned to the squad. Pretty good for a 4 man undergeared squad, I reckon.

I suddenly find myself wondering what the difference in IQ is between an ignorant commoner and an inbred elitist.

xD

...by your leave, my lord. :p
    edited January 2013

I agree as well, Bella. I know Im not the best Mystic on RT. I do think it might have been possible that one day I maybe could have been. I at least try to get better anytime I am ingame, and getting better is why I ever bothered to try to get along in this forum. So many people have helped my char progress to something I feel is at least a good Mystic. There have been so many that I can't even begin to name them all, and I thank you all for your help in the past.

At the point I last played, I would say GaiaSeeker is without a doubt the best Mystic on RT.

I say this because, he has R9T3+12, and even though that makes it hard to judge how well he uses his skills; I do know that even though he is that well geared, he also still strives to improve his game play. At least as far the TWs I have been in with him, he is watchful of his faction and good at teamplay.

I have to constantly be 'on point' or 'on my toes' in these TWs, where he does not (at least not on the same 'squashed like a bug' level that I do), even though he is a main target out there. Ive been in his line of sight as well, and its a mere matter of a one or two shot before Im off to respawn, lol.

I think that being that well geared can serve as a hinderance to improving for anyone. He only ever needs to pull out all the stops when he encounters other R9 + on the battlefield, or for PK. GaiaSeeker also seems to be a pretty friendly and nice guy. He doesn't come across as negatively as many 'elitist' R9's do.

To be fair, I have never run with a lot of the well geared Mystics on RT, but that's my opinion based on the ones I know, or know of. The issues with finding a squad that wants even 1 Mystic contributed to that greatly, I'd imagine. I rarely was squaded with a second Mystic until I did Caster's Nirvy.

Most factions on RT are constantly looking for Mystics as well, which would lean toward there being a shortage of 'main char' Mystics on the server. Ive never been in a faction that had more than 3 truely active Mystics (one's that actually log on for TW), I don't think.

I would add that Mechsiao is the Mystic, when I joined Miniathan at level 35, that I looked up to the most, but he had left by the time I had level to join Leviathan proper, and I had left Leviathan long before he would return to it, so I could not attest to how good he is of a "PRO player". There was one more back then in Levi that I looked up to as well, but I cant remember his name, atm.

If he is the same 'Mechsiao' that posts all the Mystic videos (but on those vids his server is not RT) then he is obviously a very good Mystic as well, maybe even better than Gaia.

Sorry for all the 'books' Im suddenly writing. xD
    edited January 2013
    Here is an example of Gaia and I working together in TW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6xxOhkQTc

War V Marine in October 2012. Watch 3:30 through 3:55. This is the only vid I know of that shows me other than as someones target, and dropping like a fly. xD

Marine is in our base and on our crystal. I die a few times trying to help get them out. The archer doing the viding as well as others are focused on GaiaSeeker. Watch close and you will see a Marine Barb with double axes literally rocket across your screen and at me. He's moving so fast I cant even see who he is, lol. (Can barbs really move that fast on their own??)

It looks like the appearance of my Craggy took him it out, but it didnt. Gaia took him out right when Craggy appears. If Gaia had been more focused on kill count than what was going on around him, my pushing the Catabarb back into range of the Archer, and summoning Craggy would have never been able to go on to help get them the heck out of our base, finally.

I think I played my support role pretty good here, and also proved that Gaia is not the self-absorbed **** we all think of when it comes to such a well geared player.

I die easy, but like any good ghost, I just get back up and come back to haunt your backside. b:chuckle
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You summoned a cragg in TW? Really?
    edited January 2013
    klys wrote: »
    You summoned a cragg in TW? Really?

Obviously, lol. Is that supposed to make me first that ever got to that point of desperation? >.<
    edited January 2013
    I need to solo Metal to get further toward completing my culti, as well as try for the molds for NirvyT3.

Warsong is not needed for cultivation. You probably need TT.

I don't know how RT work for full Warsong, but on HL often I'm in fire, I'm able to do metal even with my old R8 and unbuffed, but often they put the archer, mage or psy in metal and me in fire.

If you restart to play and do full Warsong maybe ask the fire person if they want to switch for metal, usually people can do both, but yea fire is easier cause there's more place to kite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2013
    Warsong is not needed for cultivation. You probably need TT.

I don't know how RT work for full Warsong, but on HL often I'm in fire, I'm able to do metal even with my old R8 and unbuffed, but often they put the archer, mage or psy in metal and me in fire.

If you restart to play and do full Warsong maybe ask the fire person if they want to switch for metal, usually people can do both, but yea fire is easier cause there's more place to kite.

It is for my culti - not directly, but, I need to unlock a map in OHT to finish killing 30 whatever they are to complete that kill 90 things part of the culti. 60 are done, and I cant get to the last 30 without doing a full warsong to get something to unlock that map.

I need to do Metal because I will only be able to go in a random squad. On RT all any random squad ever needs is someone to do Metal. That's all you ever see spammed for in WC.

On RT usually clerics get Fire (sometimes cleric with a barb). Thanks for the advice. :)
    edited January 2013
    It is for my culti - not directly, but, I need to unlock a map in OHT to finish killing 30 whatever they are to complete that kill 90 things part of the culti. 60 are done, and I cant get to the last 30 without doing a full warsong to get something to unlock that map.

I remember in the past you asked for culti and people said that was TT not Warsong, cause Warsong is not needed for any part of cultivation or OHT map. (Thought I wish it was Ws and not TT, more easy to do Ws than TT xD)

''3rd Map Valley of the scarred: OUF quests > kill Abomination in Brimstone pit > kill TT bosses - Squad Mode (Ape in TT 2-1 | Feng and Wulord both in TT 2-2 | the dog in TT 2-3) > kill 3 bosses in Abbandon fb 99 place > kill boss adolph wolf in stage 5 of RB delta.''

^ From a guide, you must be at some part of that. (OUF=Old Unicorn Forest)

For now the hard part of that is find people for TT, but in worse case if you can find a good sin (or bm), you can do it with just a sin to tank while you heal him, so you just need 2 persons to help open. Or what some people do is they ask people to come help and give them all mats, it's personally what I do when I need help in TT for culti, I let them take all mats (anyway just cost 2 ult. sub to open).

Actually all parts suck, since they changed Abba bh, people don't do the other boss in the instance, so unless you have a helpful faction it's hard to get a squad for it, GV wave 5 is hard cause people generally do the bh which is wave 2 and 3 or they do a full, so if you have some free time it's almost better to go in a full to get your wave 5 done (then again unless you have a helpful faction that can do the 5 to help you).

Anyway cultivation seems long and is a pain to do, but for mystic the skills 100 really worth it, it's my only char I've done full culti and now I could not see my mystic life without the skills 100. On my both cleric I'm stuck at some GV part unable to find squad for it. D:

Back to topic I'll go watch the video you posted. More mystic should make video, my computer is too much **** I can't record with it. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2013
    Well, I just logged in to look again. See, you made me look! lol

Spiritual Cultivation
    - Celestial Sage
    -- A Trial
    * Road to Tao

Still need 30 Icewing Chiefs in Old Valley of the Scarred.

- Elder's Trial
    * Adalwolf Legion Marshal (so thats where Im at there.) Should be easy.

I also have a blue Hero quest where I need 3 Obscure bosses that never come up for BH in WS. Maybe thats why I think I need Full Warsong to finish culti?

I still need to do Full Warsongs to try to gather Awakened Molds for T3 gear, in any case. Last I checked it was something like 80 mill + badges to get someone to make it for you.

I didnt make the vid. I'm only directing you to about 25 secs of 2 Mystics in action. I guess I would be embarassed to have 'unregistered hypercam' on them when no one else does. xD

But I agree. More Mystics should make vids, they are very helpful.
  • Sekaiya - Heavens Tear
    Sekaiya - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow if this isnt flame bait I dont know what is. Fact of the matter is "the best mystic" is opinion based and questions like these should not be asked unless you are looking for an argument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★:: Playing since 2008 :: 100% F2P ::★
  • thumbs
    edited February 2013
    Wow if this isnt flame bait I dont know what is. Fact of the matter is "the best mystic" is opinion based and questions like these should not be asked unless you are looking for an argument.

Most questions asked on this forum are for opinion. There wouldn't be nearly as many debates or ongoing threads if it weren't so. Addressing something as flame bait is just an attempt to stifle discussion or project guilt of the flamer away from themselves.
  • Magus_X - Dreamweaver
    Magus_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am the most fail Mystic in DW but i was lucky to see some cool mystics in action. They are Damny, TroublIsMe and Lenny. The last two are not r9 but they play like monsters. By the way dont kill me if you see me in NWb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Only mystic mains I can actively remember on HL are Nocturnal, Chevalier, MissCherie, Crying (really only memorable for me due to the rumors she said something along the lines of "I'm not gonna pk until I have full r9 +10 and full demon skills!"), and Leimomi. Then the notable mystic alts are mine, crescendia's, and Cerize's.

Of all of those, I think only me, Chevalier, and Leimomi actually PVP on a regular basis currently. Though Cerize just came back so she might be joining us in the mystical mayhem.

Lol ur naming all the mystics ive seen that can pvp..
    Ur right about "crrying" if im not mistaken shes like r8...im r9 +10 barb...and she amazes me..the skill she has is scary..i cant wait for the day she gets r9 so i can give a good judgement on her skills..but i say in my own option, she is by far the most skilled that ive pvped agenst
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lol ur naming all the mystics ive seen that can pvp..
    Ur right about "crrying" if im not mistaken shes like r8...im r9 +10 barb...and she amazes me..the skill she has is scary..i cant wait for the day she gets r9 so i can give a good judgement on her skills..but i say in my own option, she is by far the most skilled that ive pvped agenst

Crying's been full r9 since idk like more than a year now lol. And as I remember the last time I 1v1'd her she was complete **** and no idea how to play her mystic. The excuse I got from hher was "wait....i'm not charmed" b:laugh
    edited February 2013
    Crying's been full r9 since idk like more than a year now lol. And as I remember the last time I 1v1'd her she was complete **** and no idea how to play her mystic. The excuse I got from hher was "wait....i'm not charmed" b:laugh

^ Kinda, plus she never wanted to go out sz before been full R9 which is kinda lame. A good mystic will not stay in sz cause he don't have end game gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am the most fail Mystic in DW but i was lucky to see some cool mystics in action. They are Damny, TroublIsMe and Lenny. The last two are not r9 but they play like monsters. By the way dont kill me if you see me in NWb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender

True. Damny knows how to play, but I really can't say if she is actually a formidable player or just a player with a formidable Visa. TroubleIsMe is probably the only mystic in DW that I actually run away from in NW (yes, I'm suicidal), and i don't think I've seen Lenny in action, at least not that I remember.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I vote for SMASHnSMASH, best HA mystic. I should really play her more... b:surrender
  • TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver
    TroubleIsMe - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im just wondering if the defenition of the best is related by having rank 9-3

I am not currently R9rrr.. but planning to get there someday. Currently, the only R9 gear I have is ring and belt. Otherwise, I have full G16 and cube neck.
    Silly boys, games are for girls! b:chuckle
  • Magus_X - Dreamweaver
    Magus_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I vote for SMASHnSMASH, best HA mystic. I should really play her more... b:surrender

nooo I dont want another smash....your cleric is hard enough to kill in nw by a squad...one smash monster is enough for squishy ppl like me b:shockedb:surrender
  • Artemiko - Raging Tide
    Artemiko - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm working on it... I already got my sage books b:shutup

b:cry b:surrender
  • ShadeParadox - Raging Tide
    ShadeParadox - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    about ShadeParadox, i would love to talk to him to learn more about mystic in game cause now i have a mystic, so i wanna learn how he do that :)

Send me a chat whenever and I'll tell you what I can.

Big thanks to akosireann for giving the 'young' me props. I remember that full delta. We lost the cleric to a D/C in wave one (never came back) and I took over. Lost the barb too somewhere along the way but we kept going. Was fun.

Something is bothering me about this thread though. The mystic class has a unique ability no one has talked about yet. There are 3 primary roles to any squad member: heal, DD, tank. Most classes have the ability to do at least 2 of these tasks well. Mystics can shine at all 3. Same goes for Clerics but Mystics have it a little easier being a tank.

Any mystic can be a good DD. That's easy. Sit there, attack, try not to get aggro. Not much to that. The true art of DDing as a mystic comes down to choosing what pet, what plant, what combo of basic attack. Mystics are limited to Physical damage, Metal damage (storm pet), and Wood damage as their primary forms of attack. Unlike a few other classes that's actually easy to manage. If they're strong against wood, use all the non-wood damage you got b:laugh
    Being able to swap your pet around helps a lot. Any mystic I run with I watch what pet they use most of the time. If they stick with just one the whole zone I tend to think poorly of them. There are so many ways to keep moving pets around as combat progresses. That's speaking for DD...

Healing is the best part of being a mystic. I love taking on the heal role as most people find it entirely unexpected of anyone other than a cleric. If the cleric is out of action for any reason I switch over right away until the cleric is back on their feet. If I'm solo healing I'll be stuck with salvation out most of the time and can't really do fancy pet swapping to help more with DD. I never understood why people don't take mystics as primary healer until I started going in squads with other mystics. Then I learned the truth. Pure DD mystics b:angry
    Mystics really need practice as a cleric, at least for a little bit. My first character was cleric. I started mystic the moment they released because I always felt clerics were too slow or too simple (not wanted as DDs at all). The mystic fast chan. makes them just as good at single point healing (if not better) than a cleric. The only thing I bow down to in terms of healing is BB.

And finally tanking. I've learned with my r9rr gear I can actually tank a lot of bosses now days. But that's the problem, it took until I finally got r9rr. Tanking doesn't seem to take a lot of skill. It's about your gear. Skill is for attacking and healing, surviving is more about gear. b:surrender Feel free to argue with me on this one.

I've seen a lot of mystics tank, be it bosses or survive PvP like a boss. My issue is that they rely on that rank gear a lot. Being able to survive and becoming a good tank I blame on my r9rr set, not on my skill. I've seen a lot of other people saying: the "best" is ____ mystic because he/she is really hard to kill because he/she is full r9rr. I call BS. To those that go out and PvP without r9 my hats off to you. They're the top of the class. When they do get their rank gear, they'll be all the better, but rank alone does not make you best.

I'm not the best mystic out there. For my part, I'm going to have to go with Terrytini as the best RT mystic. I've fought her a few times in NW and almost always leave the looser or stalemate.

Not to say I'm going to give up. I believe what really makes the best mystic is the one who can take on any job, be it heal, DD, or tank, and do so at a moments notice when the sq looses a critical person. The way I play is to cover what ever is lacking in a squad. I can do that and always look for ways to be better.
    Not enough magic dd?
    Not enough physical dd?
    Not enough healing?
    Can't find a tank?

Not a problem if you have a good mystic in a sq. We've got you covered. We may not be the best at any one thing, but we can very much so be anything that's needed when the time comes.
This discussion has been closed.