Which are the best Mystics on your server?

13»

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Send me a chat whenever and I'll tell you what I can.

Big thanks to akosireann for giving the 'young' me props. I remember that full delta. We lost the cleric to a D/C in wave one (never came back) and I took over. Lost the barb too somewhere along the way but we kept going. Was fun.

Something is bothering me about this thread though. The mystic class has a unique ability no one has talked about yet. There are 3 primary roles to any squad member: heal, DD, tank. Most classes have the ability to do at least 2 of these tasks well. Mystics can shine at all 3. Same goes for Clerics but Mystics have it a little easier being a tank.

Any mystic can be a good DD. That's easy. Sit there, attack, try not to get aggro. Not much to that. The true art of DDing as a mystic comes down to choosing what pet, what plant, what combo of basic attack. Mystics are limited to Physical damage, Metal damage (storm pet), and Wood damage as their primary forms of attack. Unlike a few other classes that's actually easy to manage. If they're strong against wood, use all the non-wood damage you got

Being able to swap your pet around helps a lot. Any mystic I run with I watch what pet they use most of the time. If they stick with just one the whole zone I tend to think poorly of them. There are so many ways to keep moving pets around as combat progresses. That's speaking for DD...

Healing is the best part of being a mystic. I love taking on the heal role as most people find it entirely unexpected of anyone other than a cleric. If the cleric is out of action for any reason I switch over right away until the cleric is back on their feet. If I'm solo healing I'll be stuck with salvation out most of the time and can't really do fancy pet swapping to help more with DD. I never understood why people don't take mystics as primary healer until I started going in squads with other mystics. Then I learned the truth. Pure DD mystics

Mystics really need practice as a cleric, at least for a little bit. My first character was cleric. I started mystic the moment they released because I always felt clerics were too slow or too simple (not wanted as DDs at all). The mystic fast chan. makes them just as good at single point healing (if not better) than a cleric. The only thing I bow down to in terms of healing is BB.

And finally tanking. I've learned with my r9rr gear I can actually tank a lot of bosses now days. But that's the problem, it took until I finally got r9rr. Tanking doesn't seem to take a lot of skill. It's about your gear. Skill is for attacking and healing, surviving is more about gear.

Feel free to argue with me on this one.

I've seen a lot of mystics tank, be it bosses or survive PvP like a boss. My issue is that they rely on that rank gear a lot. Being able to survive and becoming a good tank I blame on my r9rr set, not on my skill. I've seen a lot of other people saying: the "best" is ____ mystic because he/she is really hard to kill because he/she is full r9rr. I call BS. To those that go out and PvP without r9 my hats off to you. They're the top of the class. When they do get their rank gear, they'll be all the better, but rank alone does not make you best.

I'm not the best mystic out there. For my part, I'm going to have to go with Terrytini as the best RT mystic. I've fought her a few times in NW and almost always leave the looser or stalemate.

Not to say I'm going to give up. I believe what really makes the best mystic is the one who can take on any job, be it heal, DD, or tank, and do so at a moments notice when the sq looses a critical person. The way I play is to cover what ever is lacking in a squad. I can do that and always look for ways to be better.

Not enough magic dd?

Not enough physical dd?

Not enough healing?

Can't find a tank?

Not a problem if you have a good mystic in a sq. We've got you covered. We may not be the best at any one thing, but we can very much so be anything that's needed when the time comes.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

ShadeParadox - Raging Tide replied to a message that was 8 months 6 hours 41 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Venus you freaking ninja! *shakes fist*
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    f:naughtyHahahha

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.