Which are the best Mystics on your server?

DaturaX - Heavens Tear
DaturaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Mystic
Best in game play. Whether its pvp or pve...or both? Maybe more well known Mystics on your server to.
Post edited by DaturaX - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rtspet_troll - Raging Tide
    Rtspet_troll - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Romeoe
    youtube.com/channel/UCm98dsMjVR1v8nalMaVElHg/videos?view=0&flow=grid
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Best in game play. Whether its pvp or pve...or both? Maybe more well known Mystics on your server to.

AnnaMay was well known on Dreamweaver and one of the best, disappeared a while ago though. Also TroubleIsMe is the awesomest mystic I know <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mystics are kinda rare, I mean I've never been in a other mystic squad really, happened a few time back in time in caster, but nothing enough to impress me. Same for PvE there's not even 5 mystics I think that PvP on HL. (In my faction I'm the only mystic xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Almost every mystic I know has a cleric main and quit after realizing a mystic will never play like a cleric...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Almost every mystic I know has a cleric main and quit after realizing a mystic will never play like a cleric...

Mystic are not cleric, if a cleric role a mystic to be a healer, what's the point? Cleric are healer, mystic is more for someone that want to be support and versatile (DD, healer and other).

I do had clerics as main, but get tired of it (after over 3 years I needed something new), I tried wizz, loved it as class, unfortunately got too much bad experiences with bad clerics that didn't know how to heal, that **** me off to die 30 time in each caster run (no joke -.-), so I decided to role a mystic to be able to DD, but heal myself if needed cause theses days clerics are to dumb to heal.

I don't regret my choice I adore play my mystic, I'm far to be the best, I'm way much more better on my cleric cause have more experience as cleric (more than 3 years on cleric while not even a year on my mystic xD), but I love play mystic and it's now my main. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Only mystic mains I can actively remember on HL are Nocturnal, Chevalier, MissCherie, Crying (really only memorable for me due to the rumors she said something along the lines of "I'm not gonna pk until I have full r9 +10 and full demon skills!"), and Leimomi. Then the notable mystic alts are mine, crescendia's, and Cerize's.

Of all of those, I think only me, Chevalier, and Leimomi actually PVP on a regular basis currently. Though Cerize just came back so she might be joining us in the mystical mayhem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Mystic are not cleric, if a cleric role a mystic to be a healer, what's the point? Cleric are healer, mystic is more for someone that want to be support and versatile (DD, healer and other).

I do had clerics as main, but get tired of it (after over 3 years I needed something new), I tried wizz, loved it as class, unfortunately got too much bad experiences with bad clerics that didn't know how to heal, that **** me off to die 30 time in each caster run (no joke -.-), so I decided to role a mystic to be able to DD, but heal myself if needed cause theses days clerics are to dumb to heal.

I don't regret my choice I adore play my mystic, I'm far to be the best, I'm way much more better on my cleric cause have more experience as cleric (more than 3 years on cleric while not even a year on my mystic xD), but I love play mystic and it's now my main. =)

I am in no way saying mystics are clerics, I personally have never played one but just from what I've heard asking friends why they abandoned their mystics it was almost always "No one took me seriously as a DD or a healer" I believe mystics are a very underestimated class, but it might just be my server .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Despite Brillance being a forum regular here and dishing some advice (mostly questionable) she's not the best mystic in RT by a long shot.

My list of the best mystics in RT.

1.ShadeParadox- only myst that i know that solo healed up to wave 8 of full delta in his crappy r8- 95 mold gear mix.One of the first mystics that proved that a myst can suffice both as a solo healer and dd in nearly all dungeons except wg at a time that mysts are looked down as a caster class. One of the best squad leaders I've ever met in all instances that I've been through as a myst and a really patient mentor. Only advice from him that I did not take is going demon in my culti (he's sage though).

2.GaiaSeeker- R9 monstrosity that made Damnation an up-and-coming force to be reckoned with in RT tw. Had one squad in my previous tw fac dedicated to taking this monster mystic down (mostly archers).

3.TwentyThreez(or someone whose name is rather similar to that one)- one of the earliest pk mystics I've known and prolly still one of the best pk mystics in RT before r9 came out. Haven't seen him in a while thoughb:surrender
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I vote Xaner from dreamweaver >_>
    No thats not me :)
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's me of course u.u
    Joking, my mystic is just lvl 48 b:chuckle

Personally I can say that Iphinia is a great mystic for what I've seen from her :3
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    AnnaMay was well known on Dreamweaver and one of the best, disappeared a while ago though. Also TroubleIsMe is the awesomest mystic I know <3

This.

AnnaMay was awesome and famous, but I haven't seen her in a long time. At the moment, the only mystic I can recall being pretty good is TroubleIsMe...Not too many mystics on DW b:surrender

When I look back at NW, I'd like to know the name of a few mystics out there that are OP, know what they're doing and stuff...But you can't see the name D:
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am in no way saying mystics are clerics, I personally have never played one but just from what I've heard asking friends why they abandoned their mystics it was almost always "No one took me seriously as a DD or a healer" I believe mystics are a very underestimated class, but it might just be my server .

Yes; they're under-estimated, but so are venos. It takes ambition to play one good. They easily out heal clerics, but don't out purify them. They can out dd in most scenarios I'm in better than any other mage (not really sure about psychic though). Yes veno gets 900x on eruption, but Mystic gets faster spam skill and versatility like Absorb Soul.

I'll gladly form my own squads for my mystic (dunno why clerics would abandon this class for lack of getting in squad). It can tank BH SoT, Metal, RB, and can solo lunar so I almost never am looking for a tank. I've only taken the role of healing once in BH metal but it wasn't intentional (yet it worked). I've done a handful of wave 3's as healer / main dd even in a full arcane squad. I do acknowledge that my Assassins need Regeneration Aura to be able to tank metal, but how many sins do you know that can tank metal? That said: it takes about 1 tele to get a full squad on most occasions which usually cost less than the MP required to fulfill role of cleric, and I'm not sitting around waiting for a squad.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    Yes; they're under-estimated, but so are venos. It takes ambition to play one good. They easily out heal clerics, but don't out purify them. They can out dd in most scenarios I'm in better than any other mage (not really sure about psychic though). Yes veno gets 900x on eruption, but Mystic gets faster spam skill and versatility like Absorb Soul.

I'll gladly form my own squads for my mystic (dunno why clerics would abandon this class for lack of getting in squad). It can tank BH SoT, Metal, RB, and can solo lunar so I almost never am looking for a tank. I've only taken the role of healing once in BH metal but it wasn't intentional (yet it worked). I've done a handful of wave 3's as healer / main dd even in a full arcane squad. I do acknowledge that my Assassins need Regeneration Aura to be able to tank metal, but how many sins do you know that can tank metal? That said: it takes about 1 tele to get a full squad on most occasions which usually cost less than the MP required to fulfill role of cleric, and I'm not sitting around waiting for a squad.

I think server mentality plays a role on these mystics abandoning their classes and going back to cleric/bm/veno or whatever classes they played before. Now that full warsong and lunar is a major farming instance a lot of people want BB for the damage redux and constant puri from clerics(especially on incarcerate), hf (preferably demon) from bm's, and amp ( preferably sage) from venos. If this is an aps-obsessed server like RT, mysts are sometimes even avoided ("They don't contribute much to overall dps" "Invigo does zip on normal attacks'')much to my displeasure of even forming my bh or full warsong squads. Even if you educate a person on a ton of posts of how a mystic can suffice, if they won't accept it you can't do much. I've been forming squads on my own myst even for her culti but still even with your own friends tagging along you can still feel they think your incapable to take the role of some classes.

One of the worst yet funniest comments I got when I joined a bh delta squad: Mysts aren't aoe dd'sb:laugh till I dropped my frenzied stormie and cragg to liquidate everyting in sight faster than some wizzies i know
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    AnnaMay, aka AnnaKay was and is well-known, popular, and red-named... as to whether she is talented or not, that is hard for me to say. I've never seen her fight anybody better-geared than herself, and my gear is too good test her abilities myself.

In Dynasty, Marid is a force to be reckoned with. Possibly knows more about the game than me and, noteably, is able to pull off a killer stun lock, such that we fought to a draw a number of times (pre-3rd-cast). Is demon of course. Uses g16 wep for offense and r8r defense level for defensive play.

There's 1 tough one in Tempest who makes the the squad she is in tough to take down... anybody have the name for me?

General... lack of noteable mystics, yeah lol. There SHOULD be more good mystics, because they are tanky and have the ability to do pretty good damage to anybody. Example: g16 +10 mystic can do more dmg to the damage test mob with absorb soul than my +12 full 3rd cast cleric. Thats a lot of raw dmg!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    akosireann wrote: »
    Despite Brillance being a forum regular here and dishing some advice (mostly questionable) she's not the best mystic in RT by a long shot.

My list of the best mystics in RT.

1.ShadeParadox- only myst that i know that solo healed up to wave 8 of full delta in his crappy r8- 95 mold gear mix.One of the first mystics that proved that a myst can suffice both as a solo healer and dd in nearly all dungeons except wg at a time that mysts are looked down as a caster class. One of the best squad leaders I've ever met in all instances that I've been through as a myst and a really patient mentor. Only advice from him that I did not take is going demon in my culti (he's sage though).

2.GaiaSeeker- R9 monstrosity that made Damnation an up-and-coming force to be reckoned with in RT tw. Had one squad in my previous tw fac dedicated to taking this monster mystic down (mostly archers).

3.TwentyThreez(or someone whose name is rather similar to that one)- one of the earliest pk mystics I've known and prolly still one of the best pk mystics in RT before r9 came out. Haven't seen him in a while thoughb:surrender

TwentyThreez u mean Twentytwotwo? Twentytwotwo is the early mystic that pk much and he is really good on pvp. but there are some name in RT maybe are good too, like mechsiao and _Vida_ .

so my vote goes to twentytwotwo, mechsiao and _Vida_

about ShadeParadox, i would love to talk to him to learn more about mystic in game cause now i have a mystic, so i wanna learn how he do that :)
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    GoddessNoa - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Me best mystic all servers pk list lol.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    MysticBoob is the most skilled mystic on Sanctuary, DarkSorcer is also very good.
  • leilah32
    leilah32 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    AnnaMay, aka AnnaKay was and is well-known, popular, and red-named... as to whether she is talented or not, that is hard for me to say. I've never seen her fight anybody better-geared than herself, and my gear is too good test her abilities myself.

In Dynasty, Marid is a force to be reckoned with. Possibly knows more about the game than me and, noteably, is able to pull off a killer stun lock, such that we fought to a draw a number of times (pre-3rd-cast). Is demon of course. Uses g16 wep for offense and r8r defense level for defensive play.

There's 1 tough one in Tempest who makes the the squad she is in tough to take down... anybody have the name for me?

General... lack of noteable mystics, yeah lol. There SHOULD be more good mystics, because they are tanky and have the ability to do pretty good damage to anybody. Example: g16 +10 mystic can do more dmg to the damage test mob with absorb soul than my +12 full 3rd cast cleric. Thats a lot of raw dmg!

Aeliah i'm sure you're referring to Damny from Tempest. She's ok...but nowhere near as hard to kill as Erytheia from Dynasty. Damny i do believe is full R9.3 but Erytheia is still missing just her 1 last armor piece for full(from what i understand she's not far off at all).
    A cleric from Dreamweaver called Aristo made a mystic, more of a hobby mystic i do believe that i've heard ppl complain about it being hard to kill(can't remember its name). I also get pms in NW about dying already cos it's hard enough to kill me although all i need for full R9.3 now is just the wep (getting there =/ )
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    leilah32 wrote: »
    Aeliah i'm sure you're referring to Damny from Tempest. She's ok...but nowhere near as hard to kill as Erytheia from Dynasty. Damny i do believe is full R9.3 but Erytheia is still missing just her 1 last armor piece for full(from what i understand she's not far off at all).
    A cleric from Dreamweaver called Aristo made a mystic, more of a hobby mystic i do believe that i've heard ppl complain about it being hard to kill(can't remember its name). I also get pms in NW about dying already cos it's hard enough to kill me although all i need for full R9.3 now is just the wep (getting there =/ )

From Dreamweaver, I'll add myself to the list ^o^
    Beside this, Damny, Erytheia and Marid have already been mentionned. TroubleIsMe is good enough as well, there might be a few other good enough ones, but they prolly don't play enough for me to remember. (or not, just doesnt come to mind right now)

Edit: Ah, I almost forgot A_Raft ^o^ She's R9-3 as well.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Beside this, Damny, Erytheia and Marid have already been mentionned. TroubleIsMe is good enough as well, there might be a few other good enough ones, but they prolly don't play enough for me to remember. (or not, just doesnt come to mind right now)

im just wondering if the defenition of the best is related by having rank 9-3
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013

This is a pretty complete list from DW. Allow me to add AnnaMay and \Influence/.

The best mystic I've ever seen in action is Damny from Tempest. She was at my Nation this time in NW so I could take a look at her name. :P
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Not automatically, since I've added myself to the list while Im not R9-3 yet (eventho Im currently going for it and will be soon), and also mentionned TroubleIsMe, who isn't R9 at all.

Cause, in all honesty, I'm of the best skilled mystics I ever seen, and that's not a matter of personal opinion only, I've had quite alot of ppl saying that to me. Also, Mystic has been my main since the very first day of the EG expansion, and I've played him every single day since then.

So, more than the gears only, my conception of best mystic is the "skill", most importantly, then how much you play it (and ofc, I can't say gears don't matter, but that's not my first criteria).
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I'm not r9rr either, hell, not even full r9 b:surrender
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • tweakz
    edited January 2013
    I'll at this point throw myself out there. porky_pig is my mystic on HT. -Has yet to fail as tank in BH SoT. Pulls full groups in BH metal including runners and came up with the technique before anyone else I know. Was one of the 3 on the forum to claim that Mystics could be solo healers for BH 69, Decaying Fragrance, and Rebirth. Can solo every boss on BH path of Lunar with only self buffs including both Primal Fears. I was often called one of the best 3 venos on HT, now my focus is on my Mystic.

ps: no rank gears on my mystic.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tweakz wrote: »
    I'll at this point throw myself out there. porky_pig is my mystic on HT. -Has yet to fail as tank in BH SoT. Pulls full groups in BH metal including runners and came up with the technique before anyone else I know. Was one of the 3 on the forum to claim that Mystics could be solo healers for BH 69, Decaying Fragrance, and Rebirth. Can solo every boss on BH path of Lunar with only self buffs including both Primal Fears. I was often called one of the best 3 venos on HT, now my focus is on my Mystic.

ps: no rank gears on my mystic.

I will put Jasriana on this list for HT.
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    MysticBoob is the most skilled mystic on Sanctuary, DarkSorcer is also very good.

LOL can any of these people beat me in 1 vs 1 on my server. Easy answer is NO i stomped darksorcer(nothing against the guy) 2-0 lol. If i had to say the only mystic ive seen that is at-least besides me i would papi but he no longer plays. Im the only mystic that beat kanjou 12+ rank 9 physic when i had rank 8 lol. In fact ive trained most of the mystics on sanctuary lol.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Once again Noa confuses the word skill with gear.
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Once again Noa confuses the word skill with gear.

lol gear you people the only ones that about gear i keep 4 sets of different grades of gear for people who cry about it. I beat dark sorcer when we had the exact same gear kid get real and keep your mouth shut you unless you know what your talking about.
  • tweakz
    edited January 2013
    Gear didn't make those few well geared Barbs I've run into be best. Pulling 3 sets of mobs in Warsong Metal and causing a squad wipe was just ignorant. Doing it again was stupid. Likewise seen them ignore squad's capabilities in Lunar multiple times. Also: if there's a Sage Wiz (or aggro holding wiz) that's being taxed in the Lunar Squad; they're being stupid going for the magic mobs first.

My perception of best doesn't really take much. My veno often mentioned as one of the best 3 on HT was never very well equipped. I believe it was simply because 99/100 venos were too lazy to amp, myriad, or summon / level a decent pet. Also; the vit build was constantly being advocated as if veno was only useful for debuffs, and vit really gimped what a veno could do in PvE.

On pulling for BH metal: As a cleric I don't appreciate mag pullers wasting time attacking the sword mobs when they could be pulling the next group. A good puller should get a "wow you're the best" response" or "one of the best" .

Innovation: Being told things like using Nova first in RB and realizing Noxious first was better. Figuring out ways to accomplish goals others don't perceive as possible like pulling full groups in metal on mystic, soloing the two bosses in PQ at level 95 on veno, etc.

Understanding of the game dynamics: We had Warsong for how long? - and some people still think runners are going to pull RA down if I AoE pull (which I've been doing practically since it started as a BH). -Those are typically the types that genie pull while RA is up then would blame my AoE pull for RA going down when it was them.

Facing the Challenge: The BH Aba boss shouldn't be hit when buffed if you were to solo it as a Mystic with ~13k hp. Being able to pay attention to it's buff, as well as note when you get hit with bleed and restraining yourself from erupting as soon as you can (so you can purge the bleed asap). Likewise if you're not tanking or soloing: it can take effort to use a pet and withdraw it timely on that boss.

I think a good amount of the people that come to the forum will fall into the best category because many of us are striving to learn the game better by doing so.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    akosireann wrote: »

I havent logged into the game since New Year's Day, and havent posted on these forums but once since I told a certain Mod I wasnt going to use these forums anymore, Im thinking like a month before New Years, but Idk. *shrugs*

But, its nice to think I must have been pretty good for a newb player, since you pretty much posted my name for absolutely no good reason at all. b:chuckle

Why hide who you are? I wont be logging in to rage on you or anything.

Anyway, Im pretty proud of the way I came along on my Mystic. I would say its the best char in the game, but we all know Sins are the best, so...that's pointless, lol.

And, most importantly, thanks for reminding me why I left this game. I was just about to start playing again. Bravo! I could have made a terrible mistake. You saved me! b:victory

Ciao, bella. b:kiss
This discussion has been closed.