Do something to stop the R9 spawn camping in NW.

Comments

• Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i haven't read the entire post and all the replies, but, yeah! do something, get them a brain! b:thanks they need one, because if they cant leave the spawn point, there's something wrong, all that ppl tha says things like "if u r not a r9rr high refined u cant enjoy the NW" have several issues learning their classes, i can get with my humble tt90 seeker(no more than 6091hp) between 10 and 15m, and not by spawn killing b:cute u just need to know how to play, im not the most active player on this game, i have to work, my gf too(she have a lvl 91 myst with tt90 gear too), and we aren't complaining "oh my god, a r9 just killed me!! they should remove the r9 from the game!" just saying
  • lenuyx
    lenuyx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've never seen that they changed something in their own governing.
    so far all the changes came from china.
    where the only differ in U.S. and CN is the language, R999 looks and cash shop.
    or I'm wrong?
    thus remains to be seen just what comes next from china
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That gets you kicked out of the battle in seconds....and suffer a low score cause part of your score is time in battle.

Not entirely true, i've seen some squads kinda feels like ok i need to go all in and do as much damage as possible, go back to base and find another battle XD. I do earn good credits from 6x dieing, sometimes like 800-1k points, better than the empty 20 vs 0 wins.
    lenuyx wrote: »
    or I'm wrong?

NW forges are totaly different, hyperstones work in fcc some more differences for you =.=
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    slayer831 wrote: »
    its not so hard to find a good solution.
    in most games the spawning spot in a pvp area is a safe zone.
    they should reduce the spawning areas from 5 to 2, this 2 will be under the big trees u see.
    when a player is inside this tree he is protected, but he also cant attk. once the player got out of the safe zone he can not return, so its 1 way direction.
    this way players will have the time to pot and rebuff before going out to the warzone + u wont see tons of players abuse the spawning spot before u even got the chacne to pot yourself.
    and u can make it even better, u will have the option to w8 for 30 seconds and it will teleport u (without immune shield) to one of the 3 other spawns in the open area. this way it will be much harder to spawn camp+ it will prevent ppl of just standing inside the sage zone and do nothing.
    its not so complicated...very easy and simple solution.
    the more u think about it, the better it gets...

I wrote something similar on a different thread, but I thought instead of people being teled out into battle they should be sent back to base after the time limit was up. Not only would that help with spawn killers, it would greatly help with people putting alts in. If your alt is constantly being sent back to base, it's not going to be making enough in tokens to even be worth putting in, plus more people actually playing could get to battles.
    lenuyx wrote: »
    or I'm wrong?

There is a big difference between our game and that in China (I know I'm going be attacked for saying this) and that is the players. For people not aware of Asian culture, they have a very strong sense of honor. And I think the rampant spawn camping we have is not an issue they have because it would go against that core value and sense of honor.
    The average American doesn't have that same thinking or ethics. If you need proof of that just look at the comments on the forum. Most of the people are blaming the people getting killed at spawn points instead of putting the blame were it belongs; on the people who spawn camp. (I know people from other countries do play, but the majority on here are from the US)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is a big difference between our game and that in China (I know I'm going be attacked for saying this) and that is the players. For people not aware of Asian culture, they have a very strong sense of honor. And I think the rampant spawn camping we have is not an issue they have because it would go against that core value and sense of honor.

Hahaaha.. wow! This is the first post to make me audibly laugh in months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The average American doesn't have that same thinking or ethics. If you need proof of that just look at the comments on the forum. Most of the people are blaming the people getting killed at spawn points instead of putting the blame were it belongs; on the people who spawn camp. (I know people from other countries do play, but the majority on here are from the US)

I agree.

That sense of "honor" and "respect" is rare.

Yeah, I have no idea about China (hell, I hear they KS and Bot massively), but I do agree with the American/average human being comment.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Romeoe - Raging Tide
    Romeoe - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's hardly as if when someone respawns they are completely helpless and stun locked an unable to fight back...

*sigh* people get killed at their spawn point cause they haven't moved for 20s...

Please people stop qqing and being so whiney and pathetic.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited January 2013

b:chuckle It's a good thing I've got some very dark humor because otherwise it's just sad...
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    @ Romeoe, no can do, my PC laggy, me can no move me can no boof myself me can no use charms qq

No, seriously, I've never got killed right at the spawn unless I have done something stupid myself and not moved away
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2013

dont be laugh by other post Aste XD XD lool

about me i;m spawn killer ONLY if our flag holder around u guys i dont think i will just watching you guy kill him cuz spawn kill thing -.- but after delivery flag i run to to flag spot and re Att my Enemy ...

but in general true spawn point kill is bad but what we can do .. we need more token XD its not easy get money now in pwi only in NW :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • coolstorm
    coolstorm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I been spawn camped a few times and most of the time I can kill some of the campers or run away, but last nw there were some r9 3 rd cast heavy hitters. Hard to run away when your skills are in cooldown and being 1 or 2 shoted by these players.

I think the squading option for nw should be removed. I know pwi suppose to balance players by nation and gear, but... Doesn't feel balanced when I'm being pounded by these squads LOL
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    coolstorm wrote: »
    I been spawn camped a few times and most of the time I can kill some of the campers or run away, but last nw there were some r9 3 rd cast heavy hitters. Hard to run away when your skills are in cooldown and being 1 or 2 shoted by these players.

I think the squading option for nw should be removed. I know pwi suppose to balance players by nation and gear, but... Doesn't feel balanced when I'm being pounded by these squads LOL

it balances people off soulforce. Because of this, several squads have taken to removing their gear entirely before entering.

While the sorting is still random and it puts people wherever the lowest total soulforce is, it does make it possible for multiple r9 squads to end up in the same nation.

What I want to clarify for you is:

First: No this is not an exploit that puts r9 squads into the same nation. However, what it does do is make it possible for them to end up in the same nation. It makes them just as likely to end up with each other as anyone else is to end up with one another.

Two: If you removed squads, it literally would not help the issue that you are complaining about at all. In fact, it would make it worse. People could still remove their gear before entering which would make it POSSIBLE for a ton of r9's to end up in the same nation. However, then it really is a matter of which nation was lucky on getting the best gear and significantly less about strategy and working with your friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013

it balances people off soulforce. Because of this, several squads have taken to removing their gear entirely before entering.

While the sorting is still random and it puts people wherever the lowest total soulforce is, it does make it possible for multiple r9 squads to end up in the same nation.

First: No this is not an exploit that puts r9 squads into the same nation. However, what it does do is make it possible for them to end up in the same nation. It makes them just as likely to end up with each other as anyone else is to end up with one another.

Two: If you removed squads, it literally would not help the issue that you are complaining about at all. In fact, it would make it worse. People could still remove their gear before entering which would make it POSSIBLE for a ton of r9's to end up in the same nation. However, then it really is a matter of which nation was lucky on getting the best gear and significantly less about strategy and working with your friends.
    rank gear doesnt have any more soul force than NPC gear, im just saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013

You're right, I should have communicated better.

I thought it was implied that the much talked about "really powerful rank 9's" killing everyone had good refines, and what I myself meant to say was that powerful +12 etc squads were removing their gear to lower soulforce (which is made from a combination of your toon's level and the refines on your gear [primarily your weapon])

Also, unrefined rank 9 gear toons aren't very hard to kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coolstorm
    edited January 2013

Assuming that what you say here is true...right now the way it is, if you make a squad of +12 r9s you are guaranteed the same nation. Possibly tipping the balance of that nation in your favor at least for as long as the squad remains together. Now if you don't allow squading that same group of op players would be randomly asigned a nation making a more fair distribution of power? Regardless of taking gear off or not. I don't think taking gear off would change the soulforce that much to be a problem, besides if everyone starts doing it it balances out.
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is this endless QQ about the new NW feature?.

Just don't enter if you don't like it, nobody is forcing you. Spawn killing is part of this game, it will always be, moreover PPL spawn in several locations, heavily buffed and IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING for several seconds.

If you cant fend off campers this way, you wont stand a chance in the battlefield anyway.
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Assuming that what you say here is true...right now the way it is, if you make a squad of +12 r9s you are guaranteed the same nation. Possibly tipping the balance of that nation in your favor at least for as long as the squad remains together. Now if you don't allow squading that same group of op players would be randomly asigned a nation making a more fair distribution of power? Regardless of taking gear off or not. I don't think taking gear off would change the soulforce that much to be a problem, besides if everyone starts doing it it balances out.

If there were only like 10 r9 +12's on your server and right now they are all squadding together then i guesssssss that is true?
    However, at least n Lost City, there are at least 8 full squads of r9 +12.

Also, having a +12 weapon does make a huge diff in your soulforce. my soulforce doubles when I equip my gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coolstorm
    edited January 2013
    Sanctuary server has too many r9 3rd cast. LOL
    Conclusion:
    It's time to beef up on gears if you want to get more tokens.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2013
    Sanctuary server has too many r9 3rd cast. LOL
    Conclusion:
    It's time to beef up on gears if you want to get more tokens.

I'd suggest you find a squad of intelligent people you can work well with and get in vent.
    I have r9 axes but most my gear is pretty common and I'm probably in the top 3 as far as gear goes in my NW party but we still manage to sweep across the map and rarely lose.

Make sure at least one person in your party goes to every flag spawn point. As soon as flag spawns call out where it is and everyone should rush there.
    Carry speed orbs of course but also ironguards, because just digging the flag and preventing your opponent from digging is enough to get a point and prevent them from getting eleven.

You can antistun and ironguard then dig. If you don't need to ironguard then that's great, you can use a speed orb. Have archers if you have them in your squad use their speed buffs on you as well and be strategic about the whole thing. As soon as flag is captured or lost return to the spawn points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coolstorm
    edited January 2013
    I'd suggest you find a squad of intelligent people you can work well with and get in vent.
    I have r9 axes but most my gear is pretty common and I'm probably in the top 3 as far as gear goes in my NW party but we still manage to sweep across the map and rarely lose.

Make sure at least one person in your party goes to every flag spawn point. As soon as flag spawns call out where it is and everyone should rush there.
    Carry speed orbs of course but also ironguards, because just digging the flag and preventing your opponent from digging is enough to get a point and prevent them from getting eleven.

You can antistun and ironguard then dig. If you don't need to ironguard then that's great, you can use a speed orb. Have archers if you have them in your squad use their speed buffs on you as well and be strategic about the whole thing. As soon as flag is captured or lost return to the spawn points.

Agree!
  • Abelroc - Lost City
    Abelroc - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is this endless QQ about the new NW feature?.

Just don't enter if you don't like it, nobody is forcing you. Spawn killing is part of this game, it will always be, moreover PPL spawn in several locations, heavily buffed and IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING for several seconds.

If you cant fend off campers this way, you wont stand a chance in the battlefield anyway.

kinda hard to kill of spawn campers when your on a mellee toon and somethings hitting you through a wall/tree (whatever form of of pixels you can't run through on your mellee toon) from 30 metters away.

Why not make ranged chars as well as casters at least have to have a line of sight to be able to hit the target then again this game for a long time now has been really unbalanced classwise in pvp psy's especially with all the defensive crowd control abilities they have as well as the killing power a full r9 +12 3rd cast with full JoSD would be a 1 man wrecking crew all its own.
  • nikkinova
    nikkinova Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    looked at most not all the replys, guess I should explain the full story.
    This squad was all r9, very OP squad, they were positioned at all the spawn areas, and i could not fly away fast enough or run out of their range before invincibility wore off, they knew where to be to totally cover all the spawn areas. The worst part was they had a barb on our team that grabbed the flag and just sat there, and never moved, making the whole map just a spawn kill free for all. If you have not seen this , you will soon i can only guess, since fuzzy says theres no problem...
    Im not a total failure... I can speell wurds gud
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Me personally haven't seen many r9 camping flag i mostly see just random people just go up and try to get the flag and just fail even moving even a few meters away till they get ganked and killed. Most of the R9 are just killing the flaggers and pretty much pvping killing or spawn camping to get more points because they can deal the most damage. If there is someone who happens to be r9 that has gotten the flag, depending who your squaded everyone usually stop the random fighting and just go after the flagger.
  • Skladnshadow - Lost City
    Skladnshadow - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    my seeker is r8 and i do just fine got in frost last nw ran with my friends got 12.5k pc made 230 tokens and its full r8 ijs stop qqing i kill r9s with my seeker so find a way to do the sameb:bye
  • Axejst - Archosaur
    Axejst - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When the gap between the "haves" and "have-nots" gets too big, things go from bad to worse to game-ending. Ask Sony.

There are ways to fix this. Listening to the sides call each other "QQers" or "elitists" is entertaining but fixes nothing.

Fewer jabs. More solutions.
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I find it hard to see how getting frustrated with spawn killing is QQing, it's annoying, especially when you try to run away and low and behold, they follow you (happened to me many times). I don't see how people find playing like this fun at all, and in the end the only thing they achieve is ruining someone elses fun. Grant it it's not technically against the rules so we can't do anything about it, but that doesn't make it fair or sportsmanlike.

But to be honest I think the ppl who are annoyed with spawn killing should put in a suggestion to PWI to have a safe zone for each side that everyone spawns at like TW. But I also think that the ppl getting ticked off with others getting annoyed at spawn killing need to s t f u and let another human being speak their peace before you verbally abuse them.
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • nikkinova
    nikkinova Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If im QQ'er so be it, but that doesn't change the fact that people are figuring out ways to exploit this event in ways PWI, wont fix, cant fix or just deny that theres even a problem. Ive seen it in many posts about not letting people squad untill inside NW. Thats a fix right there.
    Im not a total failure... I can speell wurds gud
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Soulforce is based on refine, how much npc gear to know of that's +12 refine? I've made my point
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    benefits on spawn killing:

-removes the unnecessary weight from lands (those aquadash clerics and hook and thorn sins that always dug the flag and died 2 seconds later)
    -removes those going afk in a land
    -if the barb is just sitting with the flag its perfect...good they dont deliver the flag and finish
    -it allows ppl able to survive the posibility to get in and make a difference
    -gets rid of those base jumpers...and may actually give a chance to OP to actually unlock base from choke

so from what i see....spawn killing is just a qq form for not being competitive...survival of the best rulz!! b:victory

after all if u dont like it u can allways leave battlefield and go back to base
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    slamstone wrote: »
    benefits on spawn killing:

-removes the unnecessary weight from lands (those aquadash clerics and hook and thorn sins that always dug the flag and died 2 seconds later)
    -removes those going afk in a land
    -if the barb is just sitting with the flag its perfect...good they dont deliver the flag and finish
    -it allows ppl able to survive the posibility to get in and make a difference
    -gets rid of those base jumpers...and may actually give a chance to OP to actually unlock base from choke

so from what i see....spawn killing is just a qq form for not being competitive...survival of the best rulz!! b:victory

+100000

Time to weed out the weak
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena