Do something to stop the R9 spawn camping in NW.

nikkinova
nikkinova Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Nation Wars
All NW is now is the same group of R9's attacking at spawn. They start attacking even with invulnerability on, and end up killing when it goes away. They surround the spawns, so you cant run or fly away, its BS. Good job PWI, another fail. It may be QQ, but im not falling for the 'get R9 just to play' a free game trap, as most of the r9s seem to have, no matter how cheap they make it. I hope R9's buy talent from the boutique next....
Im not a total failure... I can speell wurds gud
Post edited by nikkinova on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Offer a suggestion on what you think they can do then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You have like 20 seconds of invulnerability. Even the slowest character can get 90 meters away with simple walking, let alone flying or using a mount. Why are you standing in spawn for all that time? Honestly how much more invulnerability time do you need to either get away or mount an attack?
    They also spawn you with buffs and 1.5 sparks of chi. It's the most forgiving instance in the game to respawning players.

EDIT: checked and its actually 15 seconds of invulnerability. Still the longest invulnerability in the game. You can easily fly 100m away in that time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not PWI's fault you suck. b:bye

Haha I somewhat agree ^^
    You have like 20 seconds of invulnerability. Even the slowest character can get 90 meters away with simple walking, let alone flying or using a mount. Why are you standing in spawn for all that time? Honestly how much more invulnerability time do you need to either get away or mount an attack?
    They also spawn you with buffs and 1.5 sparks of chi. It's the most forgiving instance in the game to respawning players.

This sums it up, plus you can self buff in that time and other people will spawn at the same time so you can gank the R9s if you really wanted them to stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear
    Amy_Acer - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There REALLY nees to be an NW section as many people have made QQ threads...
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • Romeoe - Raging Tide
    Romeoe - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013

This.

Please - Do not QQ any more about NW
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nikkinova wrote: »
    Good job PWI, another fail.

As far as Fuzzy can see, how players choose to approach the content does not really make it fail on the part of PWI for providing it.
    There REALLY nees to be an NW section as many people have made QQ threads...

At first the panda was supposing that the number of NW threads would calm down as people became more familiar with the instance however this would not seem to be the case. It was suggested before that there be a section added to the forums for NW discussions so Fuzzy will again bring it up with the powers that be.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • slayer831
    slayer831 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    its not so hard to find a good solution.
    in most games the spawning spot in a pvp area is a safe zone.
    they should reduce the spawning areas from 5 to 2, this 2 will be under the big trees u see.
    when a player is inside this tree he is protected, but he also cant attk. once the player got out of the safe zone he can not return, so its 1 way direction.
    this way players will have the time to pot and rebuff before going out to the warzone + u wont see tons of players abuse the spawning spot before u even got the chacne to pot yourself.
    and u can make it even better, u will have the option to w8 for 30 seconds and it will teleport u (without immune shield) to one of the 3 other spawns in the open area. this way it will be much harder to spawn camp+ it will prevent ppl of just standing inside the sage zone and do nothing.
    its not so complicated...very easy and simple solution.
    the more u think about it, the better it gets...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    slayer831 wrote: »
    they should reduce the spawning areas from 5 to 2, this 2 will be under the big trees u see.
    when a player is inside this tree he is protected, but he also cant attk. once the player got out of the safe zone he can not return, so its 1 way direction.
    this way players will have the time to pot and rebuff before going out to the warzone + u wont see tons of players abuse the spawning spot before u even got the chacne to pot yourself.
    and u can make it even better, u will have the option to w8 for 30 seconds and it will teleport u (without immune shield) to one of the 3 other spawns in the open area. this way it will be much harder to spawn camp+ it will prevent ppl of just standing inside the sage zone and do nothing.

As long as you stop gaining contribution while within the circle.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As long as you stop gaining contribution while within the circle.

Or if: once you leave the circle, you cannot get back in it short of death and respawn.
    And what about this one: you cannot attack anyone from within the circle.

Just a small thought. I was once spawn killed off a map spot and got spot number 2 on our rankings. It was the funniest thing ever. b:chuckle

Edit: Also, sins like to camp as well, and if you've got pots on CD/not within a level to see them/etc, you're screwed.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Romeoe - Raging Tide
    Romeoe - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    or you know... you could just stop QQing!!!
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm r9, and i get spawn point killed too, I just leave the battle field go back to base.
    (Don't Feed just leave)
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm r9, and i get spawn point killed too, I just leave the battle field go back to base.
    (Don't Feed just leave)

Agreed. It's not just r9's spawn camping too. You see all kinds of folks doing it.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wasn't TOO bad tonight, only time I saw any was when I entered a land that had been 20v5, suddenly it waas 20v20. The players surrounding the spawn I came in got a nice few kills, and then they got to find out what it felt like to be face down on the floor.

Other time was when it was 20v3. Was 3 R9, but they just got swarmed. TBH, I didn't attack enough to kill, I just wanted to do massive damage so I could get more credits. b:bye

There are skills and Apo that let people attack through invulenerability. If a particular R9 is being a ****, I WILL attack them right through spawn protection if I get the chance. Most of the time, I don't bother, and if someone respawns, I give them some time to buff/pot before I go after them.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited January 2013
    Got spawn killed on entering the war (no protection) and by a veno at that... R9? they get all the points yeah. i got 1010 points and all i got was a repair bill... i'm not sure what archers are suppose to do because all i got was murdered and feathers flying in the air as i met my death repeatedly... But i figure little ranks like myself stand no chance of gaining anything from NW... I just sat in the trees and "played sniper" although i never killed anyone...

Might try NW when i'm R9 or something. Not worth going if you get nothing out of it
    Physically Disabled Gamer ~ I play with nerve damage and loss of motor skills in my whole body which makes it a bit harder to play the game. Yet I have fun and love to make friends.

P.S. If a video game makes you rage it might be time to uninstall it. ~ IJS. b:bye
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People think its only r9 ppl spawn killing, when really, its basically anyone that has a chance at spawn killing doing it.

It was funny, I entered a battle and was getting attacked the instant I entered. I and 1 other killed them off.

That awkward moment when you kill off your spawn killers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I gave up on opposing spawn killing when I saw opposing players weren't giving me credit for it. Once I tabbed on to an assassin hit one of my skill buttons and so I started running to the target to get in range. Once I saw the target was in the spawn area I cancelled the attack and moved on to what looked like a real battle some distance away. Never got there because that same sin ganked me out of stealth.

Another time on my archer it was a 20 vs 3 fight and everyone else was spawn killing so I put on my fists and started hitting the NPC for chi so I could go into the next battle with full chi. With everyone else spawn killing I'm the guy the sin ganks out of stealth because I don't have my normal weapon on. If opposing players aren't going to respect people who don't spawn kill then I don't care anymore and won't be against it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    title of this thread.

Do something to stop the r9 spawn camping in nw.

*looks at gear, sees g16*

Yay i can continue!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There are plenty of legitimate issues in NW, but spawn killing isn't one that I've really encountered much. I suppose maybe in those 5 v 20's where no reinforcements can get through, but what else are 19 players going to do while the flag carriers busy?

One thing I've noticed is players outnumbered at spawn rarely fight back. They run, fly away, hide, stand still or just go back to base, but rarely try to fight. And then they get no tokens after the NW and complain. A 20 v 1 can give decent points since you're the only one getting a share. 20 seconds invulnerability is plenty to charge out and deal as much damage as possible. Can't complain about 600-800 points in 3 minutes without even landing a kill.

Also, just to note spawn killing near dead players gives rubbish score, since you do a tiny bit of hp damage and take none yourself. Letting a player buff/heal up and take you on is far better contribution.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When i'm at the side getting spawn killed i just attack in invincible mode and kill or do as much damge till i die b:nosebleed
    I'm not gonna run away XD
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well you could prolly just take action and kill em before they kill you, but in fact if your PC isn't the best then you're dead before you even see anything. But think about it this way: If there are so many r9s in a territory to spawn kill ppl, then they would prolly kill you on any other place as well. The worst and most effective way to "farm" NW is in a group of well geared players and not even the best geared players can stand against a group of 10 r9rere-cast ppl^^ (if you're alone btw^^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide
    ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how is it spawn killing if you are invulnerable on spawn. u just suck.
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The game blacks out for a about 10 seconds when l release. (could be my computer)

I suspect that the 20 seconds invulnerability is there to prevent anyone from killing players during that time.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Does your nation consist of all TT99 players or why are those R9s even able to stand there...? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The only time i ever get spawn camped is when i sit around after the imunity wears offb:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Last night-

Squadmate: They're spawn killing.
    Me: Where?
    Other party member: Where?
    Squadmate: Where I'm at.
    Me: OMW

*proceeds to CC & kill non-R9, R9 and R9rr spawn killers*
    *later we win the instance*

Edit: I think you need to enter the instance in the 15 second immunity so people can't just speed to the spawn point and auto 1 death people.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited January 2013
    how is it spawn killing if you are invulnerable on spawn. u just suck.

you actually dont have that invulnerability shield when you first enter a war....

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What make laugh is when people say ''ALL R9 STAND AT THE SPAWN POINT QQ GM DO SOMETHING'' dude didn't you died enough time to realize there's more than one spawn point, if they are ALL at one spawn point then they others spawn are safe, I never spawn at the same point so I doubt you spawn 6 times in the same spawn point.

I don't know which class you are, but you don't have any sleep/stun/silence/freeze skills? Use accelerate on your flying mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I wonder how many will complain when they get killed during the loading screen. If I can spawn kill you without buffs... I can spawn kill you with buffs. Its really not about being targeted while you just spawn... its about being targeted by damage that severely out class your defense.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When i'm at the side getting spawn killed i just attack in invincible mode and kill or do as much damge till i die b:nosebleed
    I'm not gonna run away XD

That gets you kicked out of the battle in seconds....and suffer a low score cause part of your score is time in battle.