NW unequiping gear upon entering.. exploit or not???

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I honestly don't believe that it would be anything close to fair to eliminate the advantages of better gears. This is a progression based game, by deffinition PvP in any such environment will be largely defined by the relative advantages of advancement. Further, NW already integrates a balancing mechanism in the form of buffs and blessings that is actually quite effective. Yes, this does still mean you'll run across people you can barely even scratch in terms of damage, sometimes even squads full of them... For those making the "skill" argument there are still ways of dealing with them and to hold your own in such scenarios, even when you're being spawn camped, so really the only thing that could keep you from having a fighting chance is your own ability. Let's leave aside the fact that the overall gearing level of participants has been greatly exaggerated by some (my experience is I can get kills on the overwhelming majority of players in mostly TT90 green) and the false feelings of entitlement of some posters ("People have no excuse...") you can still obtain sufficient rewards to properly gear and level on any decent PvE set up. It won't be hundreds of tokens, but should cover making G15 vana within a reasonable amount of time (I am talking some 3-4months) at current prices for TT mats. G16 nirvy is a bit more complicated than out of touch higher levels would make it out to be, not just a matter of raps and cannies, but certainly within reach of any competent player in the mid to long term... It shouldn't take any less than 6 months for most people (unless you're heavily CSing) so please get a grip and keep things in proportion. If you want a level "fair" playing field go play an RTS or a 1st person shooter that's not progression based.

I started NW as an 8xer in mostly blue stars (and farmed most of my 90 gear before that with the help of good friends) and while I obviously wasn't getting the same amount of tokens as endgame geared people it was certainly more than enough to progress. And the gear was certainly enough to get my fair share of kills. I realize some 6xers may feel hopelessly outgunned but please do realize mass PvP is mostly an endgame activity, and that most of the people on the field had to wait years for a shot at a balanced environment (try TW if you think this is not) that is, in any case, no more than a month or two away for you. And to the endgames trolling those that really don't know any better come on, you really are just embarrasing yourselves with your lame attempts to come off as leet...
  • Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My reply to all those for the "same gear for everyone"

So what are we suppose to do with our NvN rewards? Put them in our panties? Since gear wont matter for shiet, any newbie joining in would have the same gear as those playing for 3 yrs. Hooray now that is soooo fair!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    It would still be useful for that reason the majority of people who already have it, got it for at time of purchase. 1v1 pvp, farming, and TW. It's a bit silly to say Rank 9 would suddenly be useless if they made NW like the PWIC. There are plenty of reasons to be for against this idea. Not the least of which being that people who have rank 9 usually did something that took a while to get it. Be it real life work or in-game. Or because the system is currently setup that it usually isn't an army of rank 9s vs lesser geared people. Often both sides have some rank 9s. Or the immune buff being sufficient for some. ETC ETC. There are plenty of reasons to be against the idea of letting them use Rank 9 too. Including the importance of the instance as a farming one for new players, the idea of fairness, wanting a better game design that applies the concept of balance, wanting it to be more fun for a larger sample of people, ETC, ETC. I also don't think subscribing to one idea or another makes anyone "a butthurt lazy person," or a "an elitist snob too high on their own pixels," fun is a subjective concept.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    off topic...3 pages worth
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Taking gear off before entering doesnt do anything. They always add people to the nation with the fewest players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mogwai wrote: »
    i tried it 2 out of the last 3 nw's, i did not tell others (until now), nor did i do it as an attempt to exploit, but in an effort to properly alert if an exploit was found.

here are my results...

For the character i entered on i have 3 pieces of quenched nirvy (one is a weapon), all else is TT & a mediocre tome.

4 NW's ago is when i thought to do this after equipping attack charms but did not.
    Nation placed 2nd.
    Personal score was ~5K points.

3 NW's ago i took off all equipment.
    Nation placed 4th.
    Personal score ~5K points.

2 NW's ago i took off only the armor pieces of nirvy (2).
    Nation placed 1st.

This most recent NW i did not unequip anything (like the first entry).
    Nation placed 1st.

I do not know by what force i keep scoring ~5K but that's just how it is.
    In the 1st & last examples i got my butt kicked worse than any other times mentioned. (spawn campers).
    Realizing that 4 instances is hardly any sort of study, based on the results it is clear to me that this sort of exploit was taken into consideration by the devs.
    EVEN A BLIND SQUIRREL FINDS A NUT ONCE IN A WHILE.
    I will not be unequipping anything again, because supply tokens are needed more than science.

soulforce is determined by level and refines on gear, with a much heavier weight on weapon. it doesnt really matter what flavor your gear is, just the number on the other side of the "+" a lvl 5 npc weapon at +12 gives the same soulforce as a stage 3 r9 +12 weapon.

this all seems like superstitious nonsense anyway though, since powerleveled nubs with +3 morai gear will have less soulforce that naked 105 goonies anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    first of all, i only ready the first page, too lazy to scroll thru qqing and whatnot ~
    I think when you enter NW all you gear should be stripped of your gears and they give you gear based on your level so that way you can't say one side is op because of the gear.

basically a good idea but..
    do u really think there will NOT be qq if u get equip based on ur gear when theres squads of lv105s only entering? i think u forgot all those who r lv105 already
    if it was lvl based, the higher lvl ones would get an "unfair" disadvantage, dont u think?

aaaanyway
    regarding the very first question
    imo taking off gear is of no use at all, since the only thing that matters is the ppl ur in squad/territory with
    (i tried taking off my gear several times and i always landed in loser nation)
    "teamwork" is the thing that matters
    e.g. last nw i had a 20vs 10man(squad), guess who won

the main prob in nw is that ppl aint very smart at all
    i actually think about quitting doing nw, im just tired of getting 20vs5 fights and the 20man side is losing cos no1 even considers thinking about killing the flag carrier
    all ive seen them do is kill kill kill and again kill
    for what use? i dont get it
    either they r that dumb or they just r ignorant to the fact that u dont get any points if u lose a territory (none at all means, so few they dont count), no matter how many kills u got
    get that in ur heads for once
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    GoddessNoa - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have a idea how about you farm irl or ingame and get money there lol otherwise quit complaining cause you have bad gear no one cares and the ones that do don't matter. Csers make this game free to play be thank full for that. I dont have the best gear in the game but i still fight and manage to kill some of the best geared in the game that is skill.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dont have the best gear in the game but i still fight and manage to kill some of the best geared in the game that is skill.

Skill = triple spark + IG + random skill, if failed to kill people, run to SZ. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Skill = triple spark + IG + random skill, if failed to kill people, run to SZ. b:victory

b:chuckle
    gonna add to this
    not the best gear as he is only full +10, not +12, and your r999 isn't complete yet, also confused at how with full r9 armor he lost to someone using oht armor and calamity axes instead of his real gear?
    Scary to see him finally migrating out of Sanctuary sub forums, I'm expecting alot more closed threads.

Also still waiting for that 1 v1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have a idea how about you farm irl or ingame and get money there lol otherwise quit complaining cause you have bad gear no one cares and the ones that do don't matter. Csers make this game free to play be thank full for that. I dont have the best gear in the game but i still fight and manage to kill some of the best geared in the game that is skill.

lol u call full r9+10 with g/cgems and weap+12 and soon-to-be r9r2 "not the best gear in the game"??? wtf xDDDD
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Whats the point of spending money on 1st cast, farming 2nd cast and 3rd cast, if it's gonna be removed from you and replaced with gear that everyone else has. If your gear is removed, then what part of the game would be worth playing? What would be the point of farming and running warsong and lunar, if not to farm for your gear so that you can defend and attack others? No point in making in game money if your gear is gonna be removed in the only instance worth using your gear in. People run instances to farm, NW and TW to fight against other players. If you take away the gear that people are working hard to get, then no point in continuing to play. I paid and worked hard to get my 1st, 2nd and 3rd cast. I'm not gonna have that taken away from me because some people are not getting more tokens than others and they feel it's unfair. What's rediculously stupid would be making everyone wear identicle gear. I'm sorry, my R9 is not gonna be removed for some less powerful, evenly matched gear.

Here's another example. What would be the point of farming NW, upgrading your equipment at the NW forges, and having the best, if you can't use it for an instance worth using it. I wouldn't upgrade my gear if it's only gonna be used for FF, Nirvi, Warsong and lunar. I could easily do those instances with lesser gear.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's another example. What would be the point of farming NW, upgrading your equipment at the NW forges, and having the best, if you can't use it for an instance worth using it. I wouldn't upgrade my gear if it's only gonna be used for FF, Nirvi, Warsong and lunar. I could easily do those instances with lesser gear.

Because r9 hurts some nubby wubby's feelings. And we all know how we're not suppose to hurt other's feelings.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've seen ALOT more rank 9s running around lately, and it does really become unbalanced during nation wars.
    You should see the land fights we have on Lost City.

20 mediocre geared people, vs 5 rank 9s.
    The rank 9s win. They can easily 1 hit the flag carrier, and tank everything you throw at them.

(one of the wizards in lost city won a land [I believe it was 3 vs 20], he tanked all, and scored, but he did have all Rank 9 3rd cast, +12, with Jades of steady defences.)

I think an balance in gear would work marvelously, then it would really be strategy based, not gear based

So many rank 9s are running around now, who are so used to clicking 1 skill and killing the opponent. Like I always say, All gear no skill, to most of the rank 9s.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    I've seen ALOT more rank 9s running around lately, and it does really become unbalanced during nation wars.
    You should see the land fights we have on Lost City.

20 mediocre geared people, vs 5 rank 9s.
    The rank 9s win. They can easily 1 hit the flag carrier, and tank everything you throw at them.

Ok... I just have to ask this. With so many r9s running around like you said... how come it seems like none of them are fighting each other. Is there a forum somewhere where r9s come and discuss where to attack in hopes of not running in to each other. I mean... it seems like every last other r9 is fighting against tts... while I am the only r9 thats going up against other r9s.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

edited January 2013
    What they should do is make it lvl capped like PV. 70-80. 80-90, 90-99, 100-105. This would make it balanced. This way you don't have people complaining that a OP 101-105 can out hit a lvl 90 toon with tt gear. I personally rather do that. It's easy to make money from NW whether your low lvl or not. you can spend your coins wisely and start making your Nirvi, r8 and r9 gear. With the amount of money you can make in NW, there's no need for complaints of why peoples gear is better than others. If your going in week after week with the same gear, yet you have the latest flyer/mount, and your complaining about how your gear is not up to par with the rest, then your doing something wrong. Focus on your gear so your experience is differant every time you go in. I'm not telling people how to spend their coins, just putting an idea out about spending it better. you spend how you like, just don't complain about getting rocked every time you go into NW by someone that worked for their R9+ gear. I wouldn't go into NW if they made everyone wear the same gear. I worked on my gear, you can too, get it together.
    edited January 2013
    Ok... I just have to ask this. With so many r9s running around like you said... how come it seems like none of them are fighting each other. Is there a forum somewhere where r9s come and discuss where to attack in hopes of not running in to each other. I mean... it seems like every last other r9 is fighting against tts... while I am the only r9 thats going up against other r9s.

Not sure where your getting this from. This is a matter of personal opinion. I personally go after R9's to see how I fair against them. My main focus is the flag. I could care less what gear the opposing team is wearing when I'm defending or attacking. If I see an opposing team member, I'm going after them.
  • Lavendarfae - Raging Tide
    Lavendarfae - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think that if this event would have been created with everyone losing their equipment (naked NW anyone?) and the same prizes, some people would complain but most would still do the event. But because it was created the way it was, we are again stuck with the situation (however we feel about it). Too many people would be too upset.

Personally, the only change I would have liked to have seen to the event would be to make it so we enter squadless, but even now that would cause too many problems. This, like any differences to gear, would have to be part of the event from the beginning. Then no one would know the difference and everyone would just go with it. Now, it would cause way too many problems with a playerbase that (at least on the server I play on) seems to be losing members more than it is gaining them. Though, I do notice that some of my old acquaintances who seemed to have faded completely from the game do show up in my nation for NW... Which is always nice to see.
    edited January 2013
    This may be a hassle, but what about this. When you get inside, there would be an NPC. For those that are lowest lvl-99 that can pick up NW timed upgraded gear. It wouldn't give you a choice of which gear you want, but give you a pack to right click and equip gear. It would only be wearable in NW. Once the time is up on NW, you get a gear fail message and you can equip your own gear. This can be coded using the same code for timed gear or the basic timed gear you get when you create a new toon. This way those that are R9+ or Nirvi casted+ can use their own gear, as to not take away or downgrade their gear to accomodate others. Many people worked hard to make their gear. It's important to some that they use what they worked hard to make.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First time I've heard of this, either noone talks about it on my server or they are keeping it a secret. And that does make sense....the coding has to put you in a nation based on something, it cannot just "randomly generate you" into a nation. Soulforce being the deciding factor of what nation to put you in makes sense honestly. But then PW will just change it cause we figured this out and everyone will start abusing it won't they? Like the goons glitch.
    edited January 2013
    First time I've heard of this, either noone talks about it on my server or they are keeping it a secret. And that does make sense....the coding has to put you in a nation based on something, it cannot just "randomly generate you" into a nation. Soulforce being the deciding factor of what nation to put you in makes sense honestly. But then PW will just change it cause we figured this out and everyone will start abusing it won't they? Like the goons glitch.

I totally agree. I believe it's soulforce also.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This may be a hassle, but what about this. When you get inside, there would be an NPC. For those that are lowest lvl-99 that can pick up NW timed upgraded gear. It wouldn't give you a choice of which gear you want, but give you a pack to right click and equip gear. It would only be wearable in NW. Once the time is up on NW, you get a gear fail message and you can equip your own gear. This can be coded using the same code for timed gear or the basic timed gear you get when you create a new toon. This way those that are R9+ or Nirvi casted+ can use their own gear, as to not take away or downgrade their gear to accomodate others. Many people worked hard to make their gear. It's important to some that they use what they worked hard to make.
    A novel idea, unfortunately, I don't think the Dev's would ever implement it. Plus you would have people complaining about inventory space.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    This can be coded using the same code for timed gear or the basic timed gear you get when you create a new toon. This way those that are R9+ or Nirvi casted+ can use their own gear, as to not take away or downgrade their gear to accomodate others. Many people worked hard to make their gear. It's important to some that they use what they worked hard to make.

Wait... so many worked hard for their gear... should get to use their hard earn gear. And the many who didn't work hard for their gear... can also use the same gear as those who actually did work. So whats the point of working hard for your gear... when you can just have one handed to you?

• Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    welp, if this does make a difference and people are doing it the best course of action would be making it so once you enter NW your gear would be locked so you cant equip or change gears upon entering, i'm pretty sure someone at geek central could find a code for that and do it just like barbs not being able to change gears in kitty form

would be funny to see one side standing there and all of them standing naked like Gandhi for the slaughter :D
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    welp, if this does make a difference and people are doing it the best course of action would be making it so once you enter NW your gear would be locked so you cant equip or change gears upon entering, i'm pretty sure someone at geek central could find a code for that and do it just like barbs not being able to change gears in kitty form

would be funny to see one side standing there and all of them standing naked like Gandhi for the slaughter :D

Glad I wasn't the only thinking about this. The gear lock not the naked Gandhi part...b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    BMs would be unfairly nerfed by any gear lock since their skills are weapon dependent.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    BMs would be unfairly nerfed by any gear lock since their skills are weapon dependent.

That is true. My inner BM started yelling at me soon as I posted that.

Maybe lock everything but weapons as a compromise?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    a level-restricted NW would be good--i.e. 70-80, 80-90. 90-100+ instances

Same gear is silly

I get 3K contrib in tt80 green and fc gold bow.

EDIT: also I'd be screwed cuz at 100 i won't be able to wear half my gearset without the precise match of gears
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't think the system would just put everyone whos "weak" on a same nation. That would be lame.

System is supposed to sort people in nations randomly unless they're in squads (then they get in the same nation), so all nations would be filled by strong, mild and weak persons by random.

I think nation selection should be random regardless of squads, but...

PS: In Dreamweaver, Lame nation ALWAYS lose and for at least 100 points under the first placed nation.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I realised another thing - everytime I enter a NW without a team like 30 seconds after NW start (so fast teams enter already) I get radomly assigned to the winning nation. Whenever I enter it teamed (no matter what kind of people, just not a full r9 team) I end up in 3rd or 4th nation. Maybe thats just my luck but maybe the game thinks the R9 team nation needs a R8 mystic like me. xD